Clean & Clear blackhead eraser scrub

2.7

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (Acne medication). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax, Steareth 21, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Menthyl Lactate, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Jojoba Esters

on 3/22/2009 5:26:00 PM

I have no idea if this is doing anything for my blackheads... I'm not sure it really exfoliates either. I do use it when my blackheads rear their ugly heads... it makes me feel clean, lol.

on 3/19/2009 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hate the stuff! Broke me out all over! doesnt clean anything! Rubbish!

on 3/15/2009 8:28:00 PM

This really did nothing for my face. The blue beads didn't seem to exfoliate enough. Also, I often found that some of the beads stuck to my face if I used it in the shower and didn't have access to a mirror.

on 3/15/2009 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this on a whim because it was on sale once, and I guess for a few bucks at wal mart, it was okay. It's a pretty average exfoliator - not horrible, but nothing to jump up and down about either. However, it doesn't really do what it claims, for me anyway. I didn't really notice it helping to clear any of the blackheads on my nose or chin. It is a pleasant cleanser though, and didn't dry my skin or cause breakout, nor did it irritate or inflame present acne. Neutral. I doubt I'll repurchase.

I expected it to at least clear out some of my blackheads but it really didn't. This is a useless product for me and I def won't buy again. I should have read the reviews first. Not a mistake I'd make again.
EDIT: I tried the Walmart knockoff 'Equate' version and I have to say I LOVE IT!
it cleared up all or most of my blackheads and my other blemishes seems to be clearing up a lot faster.
I guess the knockoffs aren't all bad at all!!!

on 2/27/2009 10:43:00 PM

I'm absolutely in love with this! It clears blackheads almost instantly for me. After I ran out of my first bottle, I decided to buy the Equate (generic) brand. The Equate brand I think is a lot better for people that need more exfoliation and the regular Clean & Clear brand is good for gentle exfoliation [but if you have the regular clean & clear brand, you can add half a teaspoon of sugar to your palm to help with exfoliation]. The Equate brand is also excellent at treating closed comedones over a period of time. Just remember, a lot of Clean & Clear products are pretty drying to the skin. Make sure you have a very good oil-free moisturizer!

on 2/26/2009 1:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this product and it perhaps is not accurately titled. I have no blackheads and do not use it for such. It is a wonderful skin smoothing scrub, and does not dry out my skin. I have been buying it for some time now. I like it better than most higher-priced scrubs. I have also used it on my arms for the dry patches. I really like it.

on 2/20/2009 8:48:00 PM

This product did NOT clear my blackheads so I wouldn't depend on this scrub for blackhead clearing.

On the plus side it does have 2% of salicylic acid but what it claims to say is defiantly not true...

I didnt like this because it did not work. I found it did not wash off easily and it make my skin have more build up on it in the end. I also found that if the beads got into my eyes, it hurt soo much, not like other scrubs I have tried. It did not work to clear any acne or black heads. Waste of money.

on 2/4/2009 2:14:00 PM

This was okay, It did make my blackheads lessen in appearance. But it was a bit drying.(if i remembered correctly) I would go to this for backup if my original scrub ran out. Along with using a VERY good moisturizer.it does make my clean feel skin though.