October 31, 2014 | 1406 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Pore Minimizer Instant Perfector

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by rysher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This isn't a miracle worker, but it's definitely a staple in my makeup routine. All I need is a tiny dab on my nose and blended over my cheeks and it "blurs" the pores per se. When I forget to use this in the morning, I definitely notice that my nose is shinier during the day. Sure, it's a finicky little product, but I love it. :-)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2010 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ArizonaAngel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got talked into this. My pores aren't big, but they are there of course. I tried it and didn't notice much of a difference until it gave me a huge pimple. I have tough skin too! Alas I am certainly not using it anymore.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by meliciousmelmy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW. what in the world! THIS STUFF CLOGS MY PORES, making them MORE noticeable. I've broken out with the WORST cystic acne that won't go away for days and is leaving scars. I know it's this product because it's the only product i've changed and the acne is JUST in the t-zone (where i use this product).

seems to make my skin more oily, takes a while to dry, weird consistency, ugh i HATE it. all clinique products break me out. every single one, i should've known. however, even if i didn't break out, this stuff just doesn't do what it says it will. makes you MORE oily, gives you blackheads, makes pores larger.

I feel like Clinique often says "use this to mattify your skin!" but it really makes your skin more oily, thus you have to use more product, putting money in their pockets.

basically,
PROS:
- inexpensive, cool looking tube, nice concept

CONS:
- makes you oily, clogs pores, causes breakouts, doesn't mattify or prime, takes forever to dry.

would NEVER recommend. i don't want to waste this and throw it away, i might just give it to my worst enemy.

PS: sorry I sound like a 2-year-old with my overactive use of capital letters, but I'm upset.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:42:00 AM More reviews by katelynikus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I am now on my third bottle of this stuff. It's not perfect, but it helps lessen the appearance of my pores on my cheeks and forehead. Here is my application secret: don't rub it in. Lightly spread it over the area sort of like icing a cake.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 11:54:00 AM More reviews by faireyfantom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first, I thought this product was ok. It does fill in pores and give a nice smooth finish, initially. But I noticed that maybe 2 or 3 hours into it, any and all foundations (and I tried at least 5 different ones from mineral to drug store to Merle Norman, which is awesome) broke down on my face and collected in the cracks of my nose and in my pores. It was very odd. It's like the foundation mixed with the primer and moved on my face and didn't look good at all. I didn't want to believe it was the primer so I just didn't use any and my makeup stayed fresh and looked better than with it. I have read other comments about this product not being an "oil control" product and not only does it not control oil but acted like oil on my face because that is how it made my makeup look. Obviously I would not repurchase this. Yuck!

I was using this right alongside my Avon Magix which is a superior product and way cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2010 7:34:00 PM More reviews by nykat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I had such high hopes for this one because of the great reviews. Most said that a little goes a long way...but that was not what I found. I know my pores are on the large side so I expected to use more product than most...I'm using 3 dabs to feel like I've covered my t-zone adequately. Also I find it to be a bit on the chaulky side. I have dry skin and did not like the way this felt on my face. Overall it just does nothing for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2010 2:31:00 AM More reviews by lrnm8

I must have really really huge pores compared to others that have reviewed this product but this doesn't work as good as I hoped. I tried putting a little at first.. tried alot.. but it doesn't really 'minimize' the appearance of my pores.. the large ones at least. If you have small pores then this product will work for you. I would repurchase it just cuz it slightly hides my smaller pores and it's pretty cheap considering that its from clinique. But I'm still looking for something that will hide my larger pores... =(

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by smilechic

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Having been "blessed" with rather large pores around the t-zone, this is a must have in my beauty kit. At first look it seems as if the 01 will be too light, but since it literally sinks into the recessed pores, the added illusion and overall effect is very good.
I've never had a break out problem from this. The tube is small, but so little is needed...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by ealioshina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazing! I use it only on my nose to hide pores/prevent shining so it literally lasts forever. I got a tube of it almost two years ago and it's still not empty! This is absolutely a must have for me. I consider it very cheap given how long it lasts. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by drbenzene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am getting married this June so I bought this product to hide my large pore around my nose and T-zone. After using it once, my pores disappeared!! I used to try and hide my pores with make up but this stuff works wonders at concealing them. I haven't found that it clogs my pores at all, but I only use it on my nose and part of my cheek. You don't need to use a lot of the product, a small dot of it goes a long way. I have fairy light skin and the light color matches my skin tone perfectly and disappears once applied. For $17, its a great product that last a long time. I highly recommend this product if you are trying to hide large pores!!!