April 17, 2014 | 1607 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Unity Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2003 9:44:00 PM More reviews by pyroxene

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was scared to buy this for the longest time, because it looked brown and glittery in the tube, which just isn't me. BUT I heard all the raves and got it anyway--so glad I did! It goes on sheer, pinky brown, YLBB. The shimmer in it makes your lips look full and healthy. This one will become a staple for my daytime, work look.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2003 12:57:00 AM More reviews by asmaa

Wow I really like this color, not to mention the staying power and moisturizing aspects! I was a glossimer virgin until this week. After officially becoming a makeupalley addict and reading some reviews, I went out and bought blizzard, then 2 days later giggle, and now unity. Unity is prob my favorite and I think it would work well on most everyone. I think I'm an MMM or GGG, still not sure about those. Unity is a shimmery bronze and rose mix - very nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2003 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Dayna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After hearing all the reviews, I just had to buy it and I'm so glad I did! This is my first glossimer and I can't wait to try other colors...although I think it'll be hard to beat this one! In the tube the color is a dark bronze but once applied it's a very sheer, shimmery, nude brownish-pink. I think this color would look good on anyone! My only complaint (-1 lippie) is that when I put the wand back in the tube the thick gloss makes this 'shlooock' sound and it spills out of the tube. I think it's because the gloss is so thick and pushing the wand back in also pushes air in (or out). I don't really know. But, I do know that I love the color (and the consistency)!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2003 7:11:00 PM More reviews by Goodfreak

I went in intending to get Black Tie, but they were out so the MA talked me into this one. It is a nice medium neutral shade, brown with undertones of red, I think. A very soft, flattering color for my pale skin with ruddy undertones. The gloss gives my lips a really smooth, uniform look - must be that gel formula! The only downside is that this one seems to have a hint of a scent to it - disappears immediately, though, and there is no taste. Also, this one is significantly thicker than my other glossimers - maybe this one is starting to turn?

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2003 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sherine290

I love this lip gloss! It looks so pretty.... it's a bronzy-beige-pink color on me... maybe because I am darker skinned. It lasts for a long time, and looks very natural. Generally, Chanel's glosses are very nice. I love this color though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2003 6:11:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

Unity is a coppery-bronzy dark brown, shot through with golden shimmer. This is too brown for me, but a gorgeous shade nevertheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2003 2:21:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never tried Unity previously, as I *assumed* it would be too warm and bronzey on my *cool*, LLL skintone, with brown hair/eyes. Boy, was I wrong! I would describe Unity as a gorgeous shimmery(not frosty) rose nude with slight bronze and mauve tones...not too too warm at all, more warm to neutral-toned. And it has NO orange tones, on my cooler skintone. I would say Unity is one of those shades that could work on virtually anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2003 1:00:00 AM More reviews by pokie

Unity is a sparkly gloss (but not too much sparkle) with a coppery tone. On my bare lips, the coppery tone is hardly noticeable. I can alter the shade slightly using my MAC Spice lipliner for a deeper brown or my MAC Cedar lipliner for a hint of pink. Both combos are very nice! Although I've read reviews that says this gloss can last through a meal, I find that it does not for me. It does last -- color, sparkles, and all -- until I eat. I also own a Bobbi Brown Sugar gloss which I like a lot. They are comparable in price if you calculate out the cost per ounce. However, after using both for a while, I think the Glossimers wear a little better and I will buy more in the future. Spark and Blizzard are planned future purchases. ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2003 1:19:00 PM More reviews by kitty_catalina

My very first glossimer EVER! I love the gold shimmer running throught this mauve/nude l/g. The color is incredible and very long lasting. It is great for a sophisticated look - casual or formal. It's a new staple in my collection.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2003 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Powhatten

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pretty and nonirritating but nothing to write home about. Not worth the price for which I expect something special.