Laura Mercier Eye Basics

4.2

(Eyebright, Cotton, Flax, Linen, Wheat, Buff, Peach): Isododecane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Talc, Lanolin Acid, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylene Carbonate, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Myristate, Propylparaben, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Euphrasia Officinalis Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract. ( /-): CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride).

on 2/15/2004 8:12:00 PM

I got this in wheat and try as I might to make this work for me, it just doesn't. I have dry eyelids to begin with, and this stuff dries them out even more and makes the texture all gross and flakey. I just think this stuff has a tendancy to make the eye area look very aged, even on others I've used it on. There is one good thing about it though. I tested it on my hand and then I put e/s over it and on a spot without the base and rubbed it with a towel. The spot with the base stayed put much better.

I have this in four colours: Pale Pink, Wheat, Linen, Buff. That's how much i love it. I use it as an eye make-up base, not on it's own. It holds eye make-up on my oily asian eyelids all day, with no creasing or colour fade. A tiny dab covers my whole lid area from lash line to brow bone and i can't see myself finishing a tube despite using them virtually everyday. I find colours appear brighter and truer over it too. To make blending easier i dust some translucent face powder (Laura Mercier) over the top before powder eyeshadows. For the price, amount and packaging i prfer this to MAC paints. To use, i dab a tiny bit with the applicatior onto the lid and then blend all over the eye area with a flat synthetic brush, or my finger tip. Then powder, eye make-up and VOILA! perfect eye make-up all day. Also holds liner under the eye all day.

on 1/21/2004 12:39:00 PM

I absolutely adore this product. The MA at nordstrom used this on me to even out my eyelids. I have issues with reddish-dark eyelids. I think its capillaries??? Anyways, the product is fabulous. So easy to put on. I use a Trish McEvoy eyeshadow brush and just swipe the smallest amount and presto--no redness. Like the others have said, your eye makeup stays on all day. I can run 5 miles and my eye makeup still looks pristine! Definitely try this product.

on 1/19/2004 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love, love, love this! I'm a MAC NC30 and use the linen color in this as an eyeshadow base (which is what it is). It's a tad bit lighter than my skin, but fine because it blends in and brightens the eye area. Comes in a tube with a wand. You really only need one small dab on each eyelind and then blend in. Some eyeshadow bases I used in the past left my eyelid chalky and then my eyeshadow didn't blend well. But this one blends in very smoothy and creamy and I don't have that problem. I put this on at 6 in the morning and my eyeshadow was still there and crease free when I went to wash my face at 11pm that night! I can see myself using this alot when the hot summer months come along. Just an awesome product!

on 1/9/2004 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am constantly plagued by creasing eye shadow. I use Eye Basics in Linen, which smoothes out the texture of my eye and covers any discoloration. The product dries quickly, and provides a nice base. The wand applicator is much more convenient than other eye shadow bases that must be applied with a brush or your fingers.

on 1/9/2004 12:10:00 AM

I've used Paula Dorf, Smashbox, and Fresh eye primers. This one beats them all. PD gets greasy after a hour - it's so gross. I think the trick to using this is to really use a thin layer, and you HAVE to set it with powder (as told by the makeup artist). I wear a load of eyemakeup - shadow, liner, glitter, all of those at once when I go clubbing, and this keeps all of them on my eyes - even on a night where I'm sweaty from dancing. It is great. I dont think it's pricey at all. It's the best one to me so far.

on 1/8/2004 11:31:00 AM

I initially bought this in Linen which was too light for my colouring. The MA tried Buff on me with Fresco on the crease and the effect was just stunning! It definitely brightens up tired-lookiing eyes. Since then I have also purchased Wheat to add to my collection. These 2 are part of my daily routine. It is highly recommended especially for those with super duper oily lids. You won't be disappointed. Go get it!

on 1/4/2004 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The best base to prevent creasing! I dot this on with it's applicator and then smooth over eyelid with LM's Eye Creme Colour Brush. Then I apply my base shadow (BB Banana) with BB's Eye Shader Brush. As I blend the shadow on my lid I am rubbing in the Eye Basics and viola! I have a perfect lid that stays put all day. I use this prefer Buff but have pale pink and mocha for special occasions. UPDATE: I tried UDPP and it does work better to keep my lids matte. I still like Eye Basics because it gives me a little color since I'm not much of an e/s girl. I will still use this on days when I don't need my shadoe to last forever and UDPP when I really need things to not budge.

on 12/30/2003 8:11:00 PM

I use Wheat, and I think it's a great product. Absolutely necessary for me because I like to wear my shadows very sheer. Without an eye base, the shadow is gone by noon. This base keeps even lightly applied shadow around all day! Spreads easily and doesn't dry out like many eye bases out there (Clinique, I'm staring at you). Apply with the creme eye shadow brush and it goes on very lightly. Very natural-looking and can be worn alone for a fresh-faced look that hides dark circles. This and a neutral all-over shadow color creates the perfect canvas for dramatic shadow looks.

on 12/24/2003 9:55:00 PM

I have this color in wheat. I like the fact that this is in a tube and the wheat color looks very natural. My eyeshadow creases on me though. Maybe I am not applying it right? I prefer clinique touchbase in canvas to this. It also has the tendency to turn rancid after a few months.