April 20, 2014 | 1665 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Eye Basics

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2004 12:10:00 AM More reviews by pajjie

I've used Paula Dorf, Smashbox, and Fresh eye primers. This one beats them all. PD gets greasy after a hour - it's so gross. I think the trick to using this is to really use a thin layer, and you HAVE to set it with powder (as told by the makeup artist). I wear a load of eyemakeup - shadow, liner, glitter, all of those at once when I go clubbing, and this keeps all of them on my eyes - even on a night where I'm sweaty from dancing. It is great. I dont think it's pricey at all. It's the best one to me so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2004 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jochan2

I initially bought this in Linen which was too light for my colouring. The MA tried Buff on me with Fresco on the crease and the effect was just stunning! It definitely brightens up tired-lookiing eyes. Since then I have also purchased Wheat to add to my collection. These 2 are part of my daily routine. It is highly recommended especially for those with super duper oily lids. You won't be disappointed. Go get it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2004 12:13:00 PM More reviews by CaliBello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The best base to prevent creasing! I dot this on with it's applicator and then smooth over eyelid with LM's Eye Creme Colour Brush. Then I apply my base shadow (BB Banana) with BB's Eye Shader Brush. As I blend the shadow on my lid I am rubbing in the Eye Basics and viola! I have a perfect lid that stays put all day. I use this prefer Buff but have pale pink and mocha for special occasions. UPDATE: I tried UDPP and it does work better to keep my lids matte. I still like Eye Basics because it gives me a little color since I'm not much of an e/s girl. I will still use this on days when I don't need my shadoe to last forever and UDPP when I really need things to not budge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2003 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use Wheat, and I think it's a great product. Absolutely necessary for me because I like to wear my shadows very sheer. Without an eye base, the shadow is gone by noon. This base keeps even lightly applied shadow around all day! Spreads easily and doesn't dry out like many eye bases out there (Clinique, I'm staring at you). Apply with the creme eye shadow brush and it goes on very lightly. Very natural-looking and can be worn alone for a fresh-faced look that hides dark circles. This and a neutral all-over shadow color creates the perfect canvas for dramatic shadow looks.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2003 9:55:00 PM More reviews by sonnie_art

I have this color in wheat. I like the fact that this is in a tube and the wheat color looks very natural. My eyeshadow creases on me though. Maybe I am not applying it right? I prefer clinique touchbase in canvas to this. It also has the tendency to turn rancid after a few months.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2003 12:16:00 AM More reviews by r1ssah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just had mine in Pale Pink. I never really thought this would be part of my necessity! Yea sure i use eyeshadows, but they tend to get off mid-afternoon. I liked it so much when the MA applied it to my eyes! Gosh, like i'm so perfect! I have warm undertone (a little latina-look) but i'm a little fair. The pale pink worked for me coz i'm like using an eyeshadow but it perfected my eyelid's color(like pinkish beige look).I got a semi-DEEP SET eyes...Promise, it's worth it! And i can also put shimmer over it at night. I just love love love it! No fuss, i can use my finger to put it on. it evens out quickly. I'M just SOOO HAPPY!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2003 5:16:00 AM More reviews by labelslut

Got this in Buff (Stila 70 watts/g and MAC NC43). Got to say, wow! Never thought that I needed this until now. When the MA put this on me I was quite sketical but now I'm a believer! Great eye primer!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2003 8:28:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Alas, i am one of the few who does not like this product. I got this in pink, and first off the color is just not flattering on me. Too much color for a base. I would stick with the concealer type colored shades. Second, i found this creased on me after several hours. My mac paints are still my HG. Although my shadow lasted longer with this on, it didnt last as long as MAC. I also prefer my PD over this one. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2003 8:33:00 PM More reviews by krakow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's the best to use as a prime for your eyeshadow. It stays on all day. Stop reading and go get some or next time LM offers GWP, you might be able to find it in one of her cute bags.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by rkelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am sooooooo glad i found this. Thanks MUA girls! For the first time ever my eye makeup stayed all day without creasing and looking awful by the end of the day. In fact, i put it on at 8:30 am and at 10pm my eye mu still looked GOOD!

I haven't liked to use e/s because my very oily eyelids make me look awful and really tired by the end of the day. Worse then if i'm wearing nothing. Now, i can finally wear e/s!

I almost forgot, Wheat is perfect for my mmm/ggg skin.

Thanks!