September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium/Dark

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 4:16:00 PM More reviews by xjennlee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this at my CCO for only $12 and I absolutely love it. When I first swiped it with my brush, I looked at the bristles and wondered why it seemed as if there were no powder on it. I still applied it on my face and it gave me this great matte look. I did not have any oily areas and it set my foundation perfectly. I usually don't use the little puff that comes with the compact, but I do take it around inside it so that I could do small touch-ups here and there when I'm out of the house, which is pretty dandy. I'm an NC30 and this powder really does get rid of oil (but not in a cakey way!) without giving off any color. Great product and it really fulfilled my expectations I had after reading all the reviews here.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by micka686

I used to use Cover FX for the last year or so. I just switched to MAC Blot Powder. I am using the Medium one. It is a great product. I will buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by farah0718

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Great product! I get a very oily T-zone and this powder fixes the problem. I apply it over my foundation and you can't tell that I've got any powder on. It doesn't make me look cakey like other powders have made me look. Will definetly buy again :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by nophie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I think Blot Powder is the very first MAC product I ever bought, years ago. In the beginning I really like this powder. I had a really oily complexion in my younger years (Iím older now..hiekz..) and it worked great. My face did stay matte for trough the day, with a slight sheen on my t-zone after a couple of hours.
The color Medium-Dark was a good match for my medium asian complexion. The color is really sheer, so you donít really have to get a death on match to use it.
But now my skin is slighter dryer and I donít love it as much as I used to. It makes my face looks dry and dull. Just a lillí bit too matte and flat for my taste.
I never used this powder alone because I like a bit of coverage. The coverage of this powder is well, non-existence, so Iíd always used this as a finishing powder after my foundation (if I used liquid foundation). And I think thatís the way you need to use it anyway, as a finishing powder after your foundation. Or perhaps sum concealer and this powder on top for the ones that donít need much covering up.
I donít use this for touch ups, it tends to cake up on me. But Iím not the type that likes to do touch up on my powder anyway. I rather blot the shine away with sum tissue rather than pile up sum more powder on top.
I have also sensitive acne-prone skin, and this one has never broken me out.
The packaging is simple and practical, one of the reasons why I liked it. Great for traveling and it is less messy than carrying around loose powders around.
Again I think this is great for you really oily gals. One of the best mattifying/setting powder out there. Not so great for dry skin, it accentuates flakes.
I have repurchased this a couple of times already in the past and I still have quite a few leftover in the pan (because I never used it anymore). Donít think Iíll be buying it again in the future. Its too drying for me now and this days I prefer less matte, more luminous finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2008 8:53:00 AM More reviews by viablue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product. HG product for me. It makes my skin matte but not dull. I swear my skin has a healthy glow after I use this.
I don't use the sponge/puff that came with it. I use a small travel brush instead and it works so well.
Definitely recommend and will repurchase.
NC30 for reference.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by sloro

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HG Pressed Powder! Great matte finish. Does not cover flaws, it's more of a sheer or translucent finish. Gives skin a beautiful finish and takes down any shine. It's okay for oil control, but not the best. Best thing about this is that it does not cause clogs or breakouts for me. I apply with a large kabuki brush. I do find that I go through the compacts very quickly though, at least every 4-5 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2008 11:19:00 AM More reviews by so_1978

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I finally bought into the hype and got this on my latest trip to MAC. Which is usually once a year because I live so far away...but anyways. This powder is unbelieveable. Usually when I put on my makeup I get oily about 2 seconds after all my hard work. Now....after dusting this powder all over my skin I no longer get greasy. It's like my skin was airbrushed. Perfect. This product does exactly what it clams too! It doesn't add any color just pure perfection! I will buy this over and over again. I need a second one for my purse because I just never want to be without this product again!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 4:18:00 PM More reviews by amyplusbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my absolute HG!! I love it so much. I tend to get oily skin, & this takes that away immediately! I apply it over my foundation in the morning, & my skin doesn't even begin to look oily until late afternoon! Great if you're going out, & you know you'll be getting sweaty dancing ;). Makes me look fabulous in an instant, recommned to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Exotichris

HG! HG! HG!

This is the b e s t blotting powder ever. After you use it, your skin will be like perfect again, shineess, poreless, matte, non-cakey.
I'm NC30, it doesn't deposit color and doesn't disturb other MU. Wonderful product, you will be hooked.
I will repurchase as long as I have to.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by judeandam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder really postpones my face from getting oily. i always have a midday oil slick to deal with around lunch time but using this powder, i don't notice oily skin until a few hours later. the only con is that it seems to be too light. i was suggested to get medium dark for my tan asian skin but when i use it, it appears to light (i only use it as a finishing powder and apply lightly with a powder brush). i tried to exchange it for the next darker shade but the MAC lady at the counter said that the blot powders were only 3% color so it shouldn't make me lighter. she said i was probably applying too much product (i really don't apply that much). she wouldn't sell me the next dark shade because she said it might make me look ruddy...