October 23, 2014 | 905 users online

Powder - Palladio - Wet/Dry foundation

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by str8thuggin

One word: gross.

This looked like orange mud on my skin. Cakey as all get out and didn't even cover well. Apparently some peeps really love this foundation so if you decide to give it a try just be sure to keep your receipt so you can take this sucker back to Sally's if it looks like ass on you like it did on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jbschott

I tried this foundation, wearing it several times over several months. As other have indicated, it always seemed to oxidize and turn orange. I applied it with a kabuki brush, as well as the sponge applicator included. I also used it with and without foundation primer. No matter what I did it always turned orange, as well as caking in fine lines and emphasizing wrinkles. I like other Palladio products; unfortunately this one didn't work out.

I wanted to update my review because I have used this product as a powder over a liquid foundation (Lancome Teint Idole) & found it gave a beautiful matte finish. I wouldn't have even tried it as such but happened not to have powder with me one day. I did have this foundation & gave it a try. I'm glad I did because it worked beautifully. I've also used it periodically throughout the day & have found it always leaves a great matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by patriciascot

I LOVE this foundation! Great coverage, lasts all day and a fantastic price. I have tired so many powder foundations and I have finally found my HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 9:06:00 PM More reviews by tm1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder makeup gives good coverage, my exact color is laurel nude. Not bad for $ 9.99.can be purchased at Sally beauty supply or Ulta.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2011 4:47:00 PM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This gives off coverage because I wanted extra covering, so I go this and it's nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by brittbrat118820

The coverage from this is amazing without being cakey. Its probably medium coverage applied dry and applied wet its medium/full. I've pretty much given up on liquid foundations and this is by far the best powder one I've tried. I apply it with my SK flat top brush and it blends beautifully and provides good coverage. If I want a bit more coverage I spray the brush with fix+ and apply it that way. No breakouts or irritation either.
However this does have a few cons. First the color selection sucks. All of the shades seem to be very pink or beige. I bought 401 laurel nude and its a bit too pink for my NC15 skin, but it looks ok as long as I blend it really well down my neck. Second it doesn't last all day on me, but then again nothing really does. It is convienent to carry around for touch ups though. Third there isn't a lot of product. I've been using it about 3 weeks and I've already hit pan on it.
Overall I do like it and will repurchase. You can find it at Sallys or Ulta for around $9.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:34:00 AM More reviews by chitinaak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Silky smooth, not sparkly. Does not cake or or dry out skin like some powders. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my current HG powder foundation, and I have tried them ALL: Lancome, Dior, Clinique, Smashbox, Illamasqua, Studio Gear, BE, L'Oreal, Body Shop, Sephpra, Prestige, Jordana and probably a few others. My problem is that I am very pale with pink undertones and NOTHING is ever pink and pale enough with full coverage for me. I have some hyperpigmentation around my mouth that I am working to clear so full coverage was needed. I found the Palladio at Ulta for $9.99; the shade Laurel Nude is an excellent match for my skintone, with full and buildable coverage, long-lasting and not cakey (not unlike the texture of the $46.00 dior powder foundation which had a lovely texture and coverage but terrible shade selection for me). It could be a touch pinker for me but I am not complaining. It does not oxidize either, which some of the others I tried did (Lancome and Clinique especially). I have only used it dry, but I like the vented chamber for the little sponge that would allow it to dry if it was used wet. Very happy and have already purchased a 2nd compact so I can have one at home and one in my purse. LOVE.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Shamim81

I was so sure i'd like this but no. I usually use Clinique's Almost Makeup powder foundation and I LOVE it. But I thought I could use this to save money to just go to the grocery store or something. Although it can be used for that but it doesnt stay on my face for long and the coverage is medium after trying really hard and the thing is when you have that much product on the skin feels quite tight. I dont hate it so I will finish it but I would not wear this to a party or seeing friends or work because it doesnt stay on. and I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Classycass01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! Great coverage! Feels very light on the skin. And matches my skin perfectly. Mom also loves it. Pretty decent price also. :)