October 25, 2014 | 1740 users online

Other - MAC - Back-2-MAC Recycling Program

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Utepchick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In a way this is good becasue it encourages people to recycle but now I find myself buying more makeup than ever! Who doesn't love free stuff? I don't live by a MAC free standing store so the only free thing I can recieve is a lipstick but I'm not complaining. Everytime I buy a new eyeshadow I have my husband help depot it as soon as possible in order to collect my six items (isn't he cute).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by debllah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

its a great program i love mac and i just use mac lipsticks glasses shadows and even their skincare so i always get free lipsticks and then i bring those empty tubes back again thats great.....its great that they take stuff back and recycle it
of course its marketing too they make sure you come back but hey i get tons of free lippies ...i love MAC

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2008 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kennedy83

The Back-2-MAC Recycling Program where I live allows you to get a lipstick, lipglass, eyeshadow or I think lipgelee in exchange for 6 empties.

I really love that they take ALL empties, including shadows and blushes that have been depotted, the empty tins from pro palette eyeshadows, and empty eyeliners (the twist-up ones).

Here's my ONLY beef: you cannot get a pro palette eyeshadow, you have to get one in a pot. For me that means depotting every eye shadow I get through the recycling program. It doesn't make any sense to me because the pro palette eyeshadows are cheaper to buy in the first place, and obviously cheaper to make, so why not give those away for free too? SO frustrating to have to depot all of my new eyeshadows, especially the matte ones because they break really easily.

EDIT (05/11/10): They lost one lippie in my books because no longer accept empty pro palette eyeshadow tins!! This really upsets me because if I had known that, I would not have bought most of my eyeshadows in this form!! I have at least 30 pro palette eyeshadows which would equal 5 empties, and I feel kind of screwed over by this new policy.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by tania_nia

I love the Back to MAC program because I get to pick my freebee whereas with Clinique and others you get some kit with stuff I barely even use. I find that their lipsticks are THE BEST on the market. Some places let you get a lipstick, lipglass, or an eyeshadow. You just have to ask! I was skeptical I was doing any good by bringing in some MAC trash. However the mua told me that they use the empties to make cool stuff like playground equipment. Who can't love that? Besides, products like their Brush Cleaner, Cleanse Off Oil, and Lip Conditioner in a tube I go through like nothing. Oh and if you get their eye shadows and depot them into palettes then those empties count too! I definitely recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 3:17:00 AM More reviews by socalmacfan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The B-2-MAC recycling program also allows you to mail in your empty product. I have done this twice now with no problems. So you don't have to live near a freestanding store anymore to get free stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2007 12:54:00 AM More reviews by jenniferhdo

what's not to like about free stuff?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 3:22:00 PM More reviews by sess42

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't wear lipstick but who cares, I always use these lipsticks as a gift. How can you complain about free and as far as I know MAC is the only company that does the recycling program; any little bit helps, I recycle anyways so now I can get a lipstick for free.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2007 1:56:00 AM More reviews by desperica81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hell yes!! Free stuff! What is not to love??

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really don't know why this is being reviewed but B2M is great... You get a free lipstick if you go to a MAC counter (like at Nordstrom or the Bay) and a free shadow, gloss, or lipstick if you go to a MAC store. I've been returning my empties for years and will always continue to. Why the hell would I not...?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by beachbelle

What's not to love about getting something free? I recently turned in 6 empty compacts and got an orange eyeshadow that I normally wouldn't have paid for. Since it was free I though what the hell. I'm so thankful because I love it!