November 28, 2014 | 1190 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Outshine 01 anti frizz polishing milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2003 1:02:00 PM More reviews by Calamity

I've been using this for a little over three months now... is it safe to elevate it to holy grail status? Because I wanna. Let me convince you. This stuff is asssssspensive. Around $25 CAD, which IMO is too much to pay for hair goop. And my hair eats this stuff. My hair is three inches long and yet ate a tube of this in two months. And I'm growing it out, too... lord knows how much it's going to eat when it's longer. Yet, I must keep buying it. I'll be living in a cardboard box soon, but at least my hair will be soft and healthy looking. I'm not sure exactly what this stuff is supposed to do, but for me, it does Wonderful Things to the texture of my evil curly dry hair. It immediately feels softer upon application, and looks, not shiny exactly, but healthy. Looks and feels like there's no styling product in it at all. Calms down frizzies, not 100%, but significantly. I can put just this stuff in my hair, with no styling products for hold and texture, and it'll still look decent enough so that I can go out in public and not scare children. Now that's impressive. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2003 10:25:00 PM More reviews by falldream24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this in tandem with TIGI's Bedhead After Party. I apply this to my damp hair and blow dry, then use After Party as a final setting gloss. These two work beautifully together. Outshine has a very light texture- never weighing down the hair nor leaving a film. It works equally well if applied to damp hair which is allowed to air dry, to damp hair which is then blown dry, or as a finishing product to already styled hair. It is a wonderful product- one I'll continue to use for a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2003 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Pippin

I went out and bought this after reading all the reviews here about how great it was. I used it on wet hair before blow drying, and added a little when may hair had dried. I find this product to be good, you dont need much (1 pump) which is good and it seems to be highly moisturising on dry hair. It didnt give as much shine as I was hoping (which is why I gave it 4 not 5 lipsticks) but all in all a really good product that has made my hair soft and healthy looking. I would still use a serum on dry hair for maxed out shine.However, I have a feeling that the longer I use this the better the results will be. Will update after a couple of weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2003 2:32:00 AM More reviews by Eskimo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hair wasn't frizzy to begin with, so all that I can really say is that Outshine makes my hair incredibly silky and soft. I apply a small drop of it to my wet hair and comb it through, and even then you can feel the difference it makes to your hair. Would recommend using a shine product with it still though for superb shine. All in all, no complaints, will purchase again for sure, although one bottle will last me for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2002 5:45:00 PM More reviews by GreeneyedGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is fabulous! On those days when I decide not to blow out my hair, I rub a small amount of this into my curls, and the end result produces soft, bouncy curls that smell incredible. What I like most about this product is that it foams-a small amount goes a long way-and how it doesn't leave hair sticky and weighed down at all-seems to bring the best out in it, based on all the rave reviews of girls with all different hairtypes who have tried it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2002 10:45:00 AM More reviews by Naiad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my new favourite hair creme. I picked up a trial size at Ulta and I am very impressed. It added softness and frizz control without making my hair greasy or weighed down. I am also quite fond of the scent. I will definately purchase a full size of this when I run out. My only problem is that I wish it was a tad more moisturizing for parched hair. Otherwise, Outshine is nearly flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2002 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Quincy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Outshine Anti-Frizz Polishing Milk gets my hair softer, silkier and straighter than any other styling product. It doesn't feel like I've put anything in it, and yet it works wonders. And when used with the All Soft conditioner my hair felt like a dream.... softer than it ever has before.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2002 9:37:00 PM More reviews by riotkitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok I strayed from this a few times only to rinse my hair out and start again using this and having it save me. Its earned its fifth lipstick. I won't even dock it for it not working in very high July to August humidity. I figure thats what serum is for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2001 2:02:00 PM More reviews by sarahn

This is a great de-frizzer for fine hair. It's super lightweight and can be used on dry hair with no stickiness at all. It's a little pricey, but the pump packaging is very convenient.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2001 4:13:00 PM More reviews by smashbox_diva

This stuff is AMAZING! It really helps fight frizz, add shine and make your hair really soft. I love it!