Vaseline Vaseline

Price: $

Price: $

on 5/19/2004 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

i think every household has at least one jar of vaseline!and why not?it has more than a hundred uses(i think)anyway,i used to use this for my lips at night but i stopped because my stupid brother used it for his art project!i have to buy a new jar but at the meantime im using kiehl's.will probabaly not switch back to vaseline for quite some time.(too much kiehl to finish off first.haha)

on 5/6/2004 9:11:00 PM

Vaseline is such a great, CHEAP product, I use it at night on my lips and they are sooo soft! It's also great for makeup mistakes and removing. The people who said it tastes and smells weird must have off senses, cause it doesn't taste or smell like anything. I bought the small sqeeze tube for my purse and I'll never use another lipbalm again. It isn't good as a lip base, unless you apply it then wipe most of it off. Sometimes I apply lip liner all over, then use a light coat. All in all, awesome product!

on 4/11/2004 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would buy this over and over and over and over again, but i've never had to buy it more than twice (and only b/c i thought i misplaced the first tub)! The negative - the packaging is chunky and ugly ;) But who cares? You're only going to pay around $5 for a massive container :D:D:D This is the BEST stuff to REALLY moisturize those super dry and flaky/cracked lips. You could use generous amounts of it w/o feeling guilty :) I like to use it before i got to bed in ridiculous quantities on and around my lips. When i wake up, soft as ever lips :D However, vaseline SUCKS for trying to put under lip colours- not a good idea ;) Your lip colour will be sliding everywhere ;)

on 3/13/2004 6:30:00 AM

This is soo great, it makes skin soft and can be used for a variety of things.

on 3/4/2004 12:52:00 PM

Ah, a good old classic. I use Vaseline on a daily basis. I exfoliate my lips every night, then put tons of Vaseline on them, and when I wake up - tada, they're like silk. Also, a really helpful trick for girls who wear mascara every day: after taking it off, put some Vaseline on your eyelashes and then go to bed. It really helps them to not be so brittle.

on 2/27/2004 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am a highend girl most of the time but if a cheap product works exactly as good as expensive one and perhpas outperform it, why not? Unfournately, not many underrated lowend or drugstore products availabe but I am lucky enough to find Vaseline.
Vasline! Great to be used as lip mask and night time lip treatment. If you have cracked lips like me, I would suggest you to apply thick layer and let it sit for few minutes; then gently use an old toothbrush to bursh/rub your lips. After that, apply another thin layer of Vasline and then lipgloss or lipstick of your choice!
However, I am quite concern that Vasline is by product of petroleum. I worry it may result adverse effect on me after long term usage. So, I cannot make up my mind to use it as lipbalm in the future. But again, Vasline is suitable for other parts of my body, like hands, elbows! Every lady should have a jar of Vasline in her bathroom. continued >>

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great product for taking off eye makeup when i run out of makeup remover and things like that, but this is a completely terrible product when it comes to moisturizing my lips. It gives my lips a white residue when it dries and it tastes disgusting. Blistex and chap stick brand chap stick are much better choices.

on 1/27/2004 12:42:00 AM

I use Vaseline on my lips every night before I go to sleep. When I wake up in the morning, my lips are perfectly smooth and soft. I wouldn't use it instead of my lip gloss, but for chapped lips, it's the best. It's also so cheap and it lasts forever.

on 1/13/2004 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Vaseline is my I-cannot-live-without-it product for lips. My lips used to be often dry and chapped for some reason, but since I'm using this every night during my sleep, I have had pretty soft, smooth lips. If for some reason, I don't put it at night my lips get dry again. Vaseline works like wonder and is really cheap too! :)

on 1/2/2004 11:20:00 PM

vaseline is a good staple to have, but i don't like using it on my lips. its great for flyaways. also i use it over moisturiser to seal in more moisture (normally use this method for dry skin on hands).

Top Rated Vaseline Products