October 2, 2014 | 1494 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:12:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

This is a REALLY good drugstore cleanser. I have been using Skinceuticals' Clarifying cleanser for about a year now, but I was tired of spending a ridiculous amount of money on it. An esthetician at my work uses this cleanser religiously and swears by it, so I figured if it's good enough for her, it's good enough for me. I was not disappointed when I bought a bottle. I use it with my clarisonic. It doesn't foam, which is good because foam usually = dryness. It makes my skin just feel really nice and clean. I haven't noticed a greater amount of breakouts than I usually get, so I'm sticking to this. Only thing I don't care for is the scent. It's like a medicinal baby powder scent or something..not the greatest, but oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by lizzylof

A fabulous general cleanser, particularly if you have sensitive skin. I have rosacea and this (along with Laura Mercier cleansing oil) is one of the only things that doesn't piss off my skin. Leaves me feeling clean and not too dry but addresses the oily patches on my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2013 10:43:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I used to use this face wash a long time ago. I recently tried it again & started to remember why I stopped using it in the first place. First off, this leaves my face overly dry & slightly irritated (also irritated my eyes), leaves a little bit of a film behind, & I never really noticed any long term results overall. For the price & the amount of product you get, this isn't a bad deal. I personally, just would rather pay a higher price & get a better face wash that I notice a visible difference with, & one I don't get an irritation with. Not the worst, but not that pleasant either. Also keep in mind I do not have oily skin, so this probably works best for people with oily skin. If you have even slightly dry or even normal skin, I wouldn't reccommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by heholt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! I have always had funky oily sometimes acne prone skin, I always thought I needed to nuke the crap out of my skin with BP or salicylic acid and scrub the crap out of it to clean all the greasies and treat or prevent acne. Recently, I heard from a friend who had the same nuke it philosophy that she started using this because her dermatologist recommended it, and he had told her all the products she was frying her skin with were making matters worse. I figured, what the heck- it was cheap enough, I have all my other nuking products as backup if it breaks me out or doesn't work... OH MY how I was pleasantly surprised!! That Dr was RIGHT! I had no idea I was making matters worse, since using this, my skin is finally CALM and GLOWING! Barely any blackheads, and any little pimples I get are very mild and go away fast!!! I saw the results almost immediately Yeah, I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!! Be nice to your skin and it will be nice to you people!!! :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail cleanser. I use this twice a day with my clarisonic Mia. This combo worked wonders at clearing up my (semi minimal) acne and redness. I hate going without this cleanser because its amazing. I never get acne anymore and my face is basically all one color, very minimal redness.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by sistahmaybelline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to like this. No, I wanted to LOVE this but it didn't work out that way. I heard great news about this product. I did my research and all that jazz. Once I used this though, it was Murder She Wrote. It does NOT even help remove makeup, it takes forever to rinse off easily, and oh god, it burns! Like, is it supposed to do that? I don't think so. The results? Whitehead pimples galore and a slew of hyper-pigmentation marks. I thought this stuff was supposed to be gentle? My poor skin isn't even that sensitive and now it's traumatized. Anyway, no I will not repurchase. Just, no.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 9:32:00 PM More reviews by tmarieeeeee

I'm 15 and have had very bad, red, and PAINFUL acne on my cheeks, chin, and somewhat on my forehead since I was 13. I've been through tons of face washes, spot treatments, face masks, scrubs, toners, basically everything! I went to the doctor and she prescribed me Tretinoin cream. It has worked great to improve my skin but I still suffer from acne. This Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser for Normal to Oily skin is AMAZING. My blemishes were reduced by at least 50% after ONE use. My oily skin is now under control. Worth every cent!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/7/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by lydiafan77

Absolutely boring, very basic soap, labeled as "facial cleanser". Reminds me of using dish soap to clean the face. Nothing special about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Iampo0kie

This cleanser is ALRIGHT. It does what it needs to, cleans all the oil off your skin, and makes it feel soft and smooth.

However, it is extremely drying. After the smooth feeling wears off, your skin gets tight and dry. The scent is also overpowering, and fragrance is a skin irritator.

I love the economy size and pump bottle though, I wish all cleansers were packaged like this

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

I think Cetaphil is a brand most famous for it's cleanser. I wanted the one for sensetive skin, but I couldn't find it at my target, so I got this one instead. My skin is very acne-prone and very, very fair, so the breakouts are even more noticible. As of lately, I've been using the acne.org system, but stopped due to the fact that it's super drying, and I wasn't seeing any major improvements. And it was drying. Did I mention it was drying? I was left with uncomfortable, flaking skin, so I decided to try this since Cetaphil is know to be a gentle brand. I have to say, I really like it! I use it in the shower at night to remove my makeup, and follow with a very gentle scrub that has salicylic acid (currently the neutrogena acne stress control power clear scrub), them my current lotion (dual action moisturizer- clean and clear), and apply persa gel on my annoying blemishes. Then in the morning, I cleanse with this and apply the moisturizer again. That's it! I definitely see and improvement in the texture of my skin. I also seem to be breaking out much less, and my left over breakouts are slowly going away. I'm not sure if this on it's own helps with acne, but if you have skin that's been exposed to harsh chemicals on a daily basis, this is great. The texture is an almost slimy one. I happen to like it, but some may not. The cleanser itself is clear and nn irratating. It has a fragrence, but nothing offensive or anything that smells like it would cause breakouts (not florary or perfumey...). The packaging is simple. It comes in a pyramid shaped bottle with a pump. On the front is a sticker with Cetaphil on it, and come general information like the product name. On the back is a label with product ingrediants and some other information. I think this is a great product, especially for the price and what it does for me and my skin. If you have skin like mine, I would recommend this to you.
UPDATE: Castor oil. Yep, this is in it. It breaks me out, so I had to quit using this. Really liked it, but rating it a two for crappy ingrediants.