August 23, 2014 | 1386 users online

Liquid - Estee Lauder - Double Wear (old formula)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Missy19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is sooo amazing. I was debating whether to get MAC Studio Fix Fluid or Estee Lauder Double Wear. I'm so glad I decided to get this foundation. It's not as 'heavy' as people say it is, definitely not as heavy as MAC. I recommend if you have dry skin to put moisturizer on before because it does enhance dry spots. Otherwise, It's amazing! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:18:00 AM More reviews by labesitos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation. I use the shade honey bronze, I am a mac nc40. I have tried many foundations but I always come back to this one. It lasts most of the day on my oily skin. It gives me a flawless matte look. The big plus is that it does not make me break out which is a problem I have with other foundations. I just wish it had a pump. I put it on the back of my hand first to warm up the product. Then I use use the e.l.f. powder brush to pat it on my face then blend it out. Sometimes I use my fingers and it gives me a flawless finish as well. If you like full coverage makeup you need to try this foundation. It covers all of my blemishes and dark circles. I don't have to use concealer with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by dessiilove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first bought this product approx 2 years ago and I loved it, but just kept trying other foundations (its a sickness!). i repurchased it recently and right away i noticed it was extremely cakey on my skin and just way too thick.
Pros
-excellent coverage
-noncomedogenic
-lasts all day
-keeps oil at bay (for the most part)
-good shade range
Cons
-no pump
-so incredibly cakey and it will emphasize any dry areas
-too thick, thus not natural looking at all on the face
i returned it right away. if you want to look like you have obvious foundation on then get it, otherwise i would not recommend

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 12:00:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I have had wonderful luck w/ Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation (see my review) which as far as coverage for my mild redness on my cheeks/nose/chin areas is a step up from Revlon Colorstay (see my review). However, I got tired of having to use a color corrector and then the foundation. I am usually all about finding the cheaper dupes for the expensive products, but in this case, I will spend the extra $ and here's why:

1. Coverage lasts about 14 hours if I don't seal w/ Urban Decay All Nighter. Coverage lasts about 10-11 hours w/out. Since I will always have UD, this is not an issue for me.

2. I no longer have to use undereye concealer for my undereye circles OR color corrector to hide my redness - this foundation completely covers both which is THRILLING regarding my redness because I absolutely HATE HATE HATE my redness showing through!!! This product has taken a 3 step process and reduced it to to 1 step = saves me time + $$ :) (PS - also fully covers my 3 melasma spots) :)

I apply w/ my slightly damp BeautyBlender sponge = I get fabulous,even, non-cakey full coverage. I haven't tried any other application method since this one works so well for me! On days that my redness is less red, I can thin this out by using a more damp BB sponge = love the options!

For reference, I'm MAC = NC15; EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige; Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque; Lumene CC Cream = Fair; Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair

For me, this is worth repurchasing.

Do be aware that I obtained samples from 2 different department stores that lasted me about 1.5 months so I really got to test drive this product before investing in it. I suggest having a SA apply to a spot on your face and then take 1 of their mirrors and go stand outside to get the true color. The first SA I visited applied 3 different colors to different areas and gave me the absolute wrong opinion as to which shade was appropriate for me. I didn't figure that out (it looked fine in the store) until I checked outside in my car = lesson learned!

If only this came in a pump....o well -:)

I did also test drive EL Double Wear in Light (01) - see my review - I like the regular DW better only because Light didn't 100% cover my redness and there is no way to increase the coverage level w/out going back to using a color corrector whereas w/ the regular DW, I can thin out the coverage if I want to as discussed above.

06/01/14 UPDATE: I now exclusively use my Real Techniques Miracle Sponge since its far cheaper and performs exactly the same as my BB :)

Now - about the stupid bottle - I purchased a MAC pump top purported to fit this bottle (I actually purchased off Ebay for $7) and WHEEEE - it fits like a glove! Comes w/ cover and a locking option for travel!!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by bunnypie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A couple of days ago when I went to Macys, I saw this EL foundation and I really liked the fact that they have it for each skin tone. I got a sample of it in shade 1N1 Nude, since my skin color is light and the undertone natural.
The color is perfect for me, unfortunately right after I wore this for a day and removed my make-up at the end of the day, I saw those breakouts on my forehead and on the cheeks next to my nose.
I was so sad to realize that it is this foundation that broke me out. I really like the way it covers and I wanted to like it so much!
So I read a couple reviews about this product and see now that this foundation used to be much better before, and that now they changed the formula. I am sorry to hear that, because I know how it is to have the perfect product that works great for you and then it is changed into something that doesn't do its job anymore.
Now what I will do is stay with my Giorgio Armani foundation, even though I dislike paying 49$ dollars for it, but at least it does a good job and doesn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by pemily

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation!! Be sure to work quick as it doesn't mesh well after!!! Can be built up to a flawless finish goes really well with a beauty blender!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by melly845

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really hope with all the terrible reviews of the new formula of this foundation, that Estee Lauder will wake up and come to their senses and change it back to the old formula. When I heard that they were changing the formula of this perfect foundation and how horrible the new formula was, I immediately found a huge bottle of the current formula on Ebay which I'm hoping should last me until (hopefully) the new formula is banished and the old one comes back. Anyway, to the review of the old formula. My HG foundation. Perfect full coverage (covers all my acne and red marks), lasts FOREVER without wearing off, the colour (Ecru) matches my pale skin perfectly. What more could I want? Only for Estee Lauder not to be so stupid as to try and fix what isn't broken.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by CPyl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This had been my savior during my struggle with acne; i finished quite a few bottles. It has super full coverage, and therefore, is not very natural looking. With this I never needed a concealer. Whichever way I applied it(fingers/sponge/brush), it literally covered everything. It does not look overly cakey, but is probably not the best choise for someone with clear skin. On the other hand, I'd suggest it to people who need a lot of coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Froozygirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

YAY! Finally found the best liquid makeup for my extremely oily skin. Seriously, I wear this in the morning at 7.00 with a bit of Clinique's Pore minimizer primer, a bit of Vichy's dermablend powder on top (or, better, Clinique's blended powder), and I forget I wear it completely! And I mean, I am shiny-free ALL DAY! Honestly, this is by far the best foundation for oily skin. It doesn't sit on lines or anything, it covers my occasional spot, what more can I want?? The only perhaps problem is the colours: Whay can't EL get a leaf out of Mac's books?? Ok, they have re-formulated it and the colours are amazing, but I still can't find an exact match like with Mac (I am an NC35): I have a few of them at the moment, and I am between 4N1 (slightly dark), 3W1 (a bit ashy, thought this was the old formulation, so it could be the new one is ok...) and 4W1 (a bit too red, but looks much better during the summer when I am tanned). Vichy's dermablend powder seems to help a bit and bring the 4N1 closer to NC35 which is great. Honestly, I can't live without this thing! The best foundation EVER!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by fashionistabeautyqueen

I bought this a year ago and the lady in the shop completly got my colour wrong so I ended up accidently buying a darker shade than my face, which has definetly stopped me from using it frequently. I find that this is good quality, it does stay on, but it isn't exactly full coverage. One of my friends tried this on and she completly fell in love with it. I don't think I will repurchase this because of the price and the middle coverage but my friend was pretty impressed.