October 24, 2014 | 1777 users online

Concealers - Make Up For Ever - 5 Camouflage Cream Palette

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2008 10:01:00 AM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is often hard for middle eastern, asian and african skintones to find a perfect concealer match and these Makeup Forever palettes can provide that much needed coverage. There are 5 different palettes (light, medium, tan, dark and professional) and each palette contains 5 colors that can correct different areas of the face. In my palette there is one used for my undereye circles and another for slight discolorations below my ear. The other colors are put in there for folks who fall in the middle or have a spot that's extra dark or extra light. I, for instance, mix the two in the middle for my eyes if didn't get enough sleep and I need extra coverage there. I understand that the phrase "mix the colors" may be daunting but it's actually done very simply - put your concealer brush in a light color spreading it out over the darkened area. Next take your brush in the color that most closely matches your skin and put it on top of the lighter color, going slightly over the edges so that it blends in better to your natural skin. If your discolorations are simply one color and you can easily be matched, Makeup Forever creates singles of many of these palette colors so be sure to check those out as well! Unfortunately the color I love the most isn't available as a single, but I'm more than happy with the palette.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2008 3:04:00 AM More reviews by itsanobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in the No. 3 palette which has a reddish color that is great for covering under eye circles (the only thing I use concealer for, thankfully because this concealer does not work well for other parts of the face.. it ends up looking powdery) but I agree with other reviews that this is not a very heavy concealer, so the coverage isn't as good as I feel like it should be. I will use the rest of this just because I paid almost 40$ for it and it isn't a bad product but it is just strangely dry, even if I put lotion under my eyes first, it still looks cakey/powdery. I'll most likely be switching back to Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by 0xRiderx0

As a huge lover of Make Up For Ever I was really excited to try out this palette. Well first off I got my industry discount so the price was reasonable and the amount of product that came with it was great as well.
I found that after receiving the best palette for my skin tone I was able to mix colours to match my skin perfectly. The product I found worked the best when used with a concealer brush. No fingers because it moves the product around too much. Brush is definitely the way to go! Also you need to set the product with a powder, pressed or loose to prevent the product from fading or “disappearing”.
Overall though, I find it gives me great coverage and people always comment on my flawless skin (little do they know those dark circles without coverage are scary!). I’m definitely going to continue to purchase this until I find my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by noodlenoodles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really good if you want a concealor with plenty of pigmentation without using too much. I also love the fact that its in a palette form, so I can either mix my colours or choose different tones to cover different areas of my face. I recommend this if you have dry skin as this has not made my skin crusty or flakey. I have this in 03, and apart from the last dark red coloured concealor, this is my HG and a musthave!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2007 12:12:00 AM More reviews by eqing

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Back to the store it went. This is not good for dark circle coverage. That is what my review is on because thats what I bought it for. Its kinda too solid, and doesn't spread well. The sample I tried was down to pan so perhaps it turns creamier over time, but too long of a time for me. The color mixing is a good idea in theory but in reality you can be stuck with subtle color differences that aren't good either. Went into every fine line and amplified. Takes too long to apply. For blemishes, it could be better, maybe?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2007 4:17:00 AM More reviews by rannia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wouldn't buy again because it's not longwear and it rubs off too. Buy it if you have dry skin and think of using it very sparingly. It covers great if you have dry skin, but it doesn't last and last

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2007 11:45:00 PM More reviews by hiphopgirl

I have the palette with the green concealer on the end. At first I was thrilled when I found this, as my skin color varies from undereye area to cheek, and I've never been able to use one concealer on my entire face.
However, this one has been only okay.

This isn't particularly easy to apply or blend. It gets cakey easily, and it tends to settle in lines, drawing attention to them. It goes crumbly and balls up when you try to apply more than a single layer. It helps a lot to apply it over a foundation primer, or try to mix in a bit of foundation, but it's still not particularly easy. It's definitely got a visible "concealer" texture. This is kind of an all or nothing concealer—it goes on where you put it on, and it sits there, which can be good or bad, depending on the coverage you're looking for. If you try to blend too much, it just rubs off. Thus, it needs to be an exact match to your skin tone.

Don't get me wrong, it's not completely useless. I still use it, but only because I haven't found anything better.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2006 12:56:00 AM More reviews by JadedPlastic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I wanted to like this, but the coverage was sheerer than I anticipated. And only two of the shades -- three, at most -- were at all useful. Won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2006 7:03:00 PM More reviews by somebeach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this set of concealers, but I would have named the product differently.
I would also have liked a compact package, but that might just be me.

I see this as a pallate so you can spot treat it, but there is a separate highlighting concealer that is good for undereye circles.

I would have used the term cover-up for this, or spot-treater.

That said, I have yellow and red places on my face that need evening out and I love how well this stuff works. It's a creamy substance but seems to stay on very well on my recent indie movie shoot and blended easily with my regular foundation.

My skin is pale and combination, but not super-pale, if this helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2006 3:13:00 PM More reviews by xdreamlessx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont use generally concealers .. but when I do I use this one
it was recemmonded to me by a makeup artist .

my overall comment after using this for a while is nice coverage , light if you wanted ( most important for me ). apply more when ever you need more .
good texture blends fine , but needs carful blending as it might line within the wrinkle lines .

green color I dont use it alot .. but its suppose to be for the red
spots ( lets hope I dont have to use it at all ! )

cant compare to other products .. as im not a huge fan of concealers ,
byt I guess this is suffecint enough not to look for a new one .