April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Deodorants - Kiss My Face - Liquid Rock Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by redhairdreamer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really like this. Im big on natural stuff. It is winter though so who knows if it will work in the mid summer heat. But the smell is refreshing, goes on wet and then drys. No alluminimum (sp?) lol. Liking it so far =) worth a try. they have a few scents but I got the lavender which smells nice but doesnt compete with perfumes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 12:56:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: for some reason after moving from LA to NYC this no longer works all day for me.

I switched to this from the Crystal rock deodorant I had been using for about a year. I buy the lavender formula, which smells very fresh and clean, not at all overpowering. Seems to control odor much better than the Crystal, although does not prevent perspiring (as it is not supposed to). Cute packaging, good price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2005 3:36:00 PM More reviews by ErinK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far, so good, but I will update if necessary. I've been using this for a week or two, in not-hot weather and for a couple of low-key gym visits. I do not know how it will perform in summer. But I have not noticed myself smelling at all, and I have checked a couple times. The scent is very light and disappears (I have "Scented"), and it does go on wet but dries pretty completely after a minute or two. I do not feel powdery dry as with typical solid anti-perspirants, nor do I smell artificially fragrant. But I don't smell bad either. It takes a little getting used to the feeling as opposed to a regular anti-perspirant, but for something without aluminum, I'm pretty happy.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2005 3:10:00 PM More reviews by karamy6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for a long time, and it's the best natural deodorant I've found. I use the patchouli which smells wonderful and patchouli has deodorant properties itself...which leads to my one complaint. Patchouli oil used to be #3 on the ingredient list. Then they re-formulated and it's not listed at all-"fragrance" is listed further down the list. This "fragrance" obviously includes patchouli by the smell, but it's not enough and it's odor-fighting properties have been noticeably reduced. I'm going to www.kissmyface.com to complain..But it's still the best, though not what it was.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2005 12:29:00 PM More reviews by FERGUS

HG!!! Yes, it does go on wet, but once it dries, it's the best I've found!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2005 9:47:00 AM More reviews by sabet

Well. This deodorant is paraben-free, but those looking for an aluminium free product might be interested to keep looking, because this roll-on deodorant *does* have aluminium in the form of potassium alum (Potassium alum or potash alum is the potassium double sulfate of aluminium. Its chemical formula is KAl(SO4)2 12(H2O)).

These are variations of aluminium content:
* aluminum chloride
* aluminum chlorohydrate
* ammonium alum
* ammonium aluminum sulfate
* potassium alum
* potassium aluminum sulfate.

Potassium can be irritating to the skin. I used this roll-on after shaving and I experienced irritation, much more noticeable than with my previous aluminum chlorohydrate based product.

Update: After using this for a while I had to toss it because it was way too irritating for my skin. I had itchy armpits all the time with this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2005 10:54:00 AM More reviews by jude00

this keeps my pits dry like no other popular drugstore stick. it may seem odd at first for the powder stick loyalties because it rolls on wet, but allow it to dry (or not, as im impatient and put on my clothes immediately anyhow) and it'll remain that way for the whole day. give it a shot, you'll be pleased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2005 9:31:00 PM More reviews by PrincessAmina83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this deodorant. I have it in fragrance-free and it does a great job of keeping my pits fragrance-free all day. I haven't had a problem with it being too runny or taking too long to dry. Also, I don't expect it to keep me dry, seeing as it is a natural product. I will continue to use this, as well as the Crystal deodorant.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/12/2005 12:21:00 PM More reviews by ohsosweet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*I really wanted to like this, since it's supposed to be healthier than normal deodorants. Well...it didn't do a thing to control my wetness or odor. On my clothes, the area where my underarm was was wet! The smell went sour over time, too. Their lip balm went sour on me, too...Hmmm... However, it didn't leave those little white marks on my dark clothes, which is a good thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2005 10:08:00 AM More reviews by maureeen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product based on the reviews I've read here. Living in Florida's hot, humid weather, I have always used a heavy duty antiperspirant (Mitchum, Secret's Platinum). I am very pleasantly surprised that this deodorant works as well as it does. So far, no embarassing smells! I'm not pouring sweat the way I feared I would be doing.

I've been using the patchouli for the past 3 weeks (lavendar wasn't available). The aroma fades quickly, and interestingly, my male friends compliment me on how I smell. It must linger oh-so slightly. My armpit skin is much softer too. I'd definitely buy again!