Cargo Cargo Bronzer in Medium

4.2

Mica, Talc, Nylon-12, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Squalane, Aluminum Starch, Octenysuccinate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Kaolin, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylparaben, Methicone, Mineral Oil. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 4/9/2005 11:09:00 PM

Wow! Up until this point, I have only been familiar with drugstore bronzers, particularly Physician's Formula. This Cargo bronzer blows doors on any drugstore brand, even the better-quality ones, I can assure you.

First of all, nothing against Phys. Formula. Their bronzers are inexpensive and get the job done, but they contain unsightly glitter that remains on my face long after the actual color has done a disappearing act. I would spend the rest of the time trying to balance out the golden shimmer and the bronze itself, and ended up with a technicolored face. I was looking for something more along the lines of MAC Refined Golden, which has been my holy grail bronzer for years, and I certainly found it.

These bronzers come in three shades, and since I was too scared to go with the darkest, I chose medium. I'm happy, because now I can layer it on to perfection without going overboard. The container is sturdy, you get plenty of product, and the bronzer itself contains no actual glitter, just a very slight, refined shimmer that doesn't even show up on my skin. The color is divine-- I detect no orange tones, thankfully, and it doesn't streak. I put this on OVER my old bronzer, which had gotten blotchy, and it TOTALLY evened out my skin, which really says a lot. I think everyone can use a high-quality, glitter-free bronzer like this!

on 3/20/2005 12:27:00 AM

New Page 1

This is my FIRST bronzer.
Truthfully, when i usually see blush like products with brown tones to it, i
usually stay AWAY! I think to myself, why would anyone want to wear brown?
However, one day, i was browsing the m/u board and saw someone rave about this.
I usually won't stop to read about bronzers but i did and i'm GLAD i did. I love
this bronzer. And it does wonders. I can wear this day or night. Also use it to
contour my cheekbones which slims my face. It's also shimmery too which is a
plus on my list because I love anything with shimmer.  I'm an NC30, Stila
40 Watt, and Bare Escentuals Medium 2.3.
The only down side is I
have to use a skunk brush because I tend to pick up a lot of this stuff. Also,
maybe i'm a cheapie but I think $25 is a bit hefty for this.  I think it
should only be more like $20 at MOST. continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I just don't understand the hype about this bronzer, it's orange! NARS Casino is much more natural looking on me.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

After reading reviews in Pville and Allure, I thought this would be the most amazing bronzing powder. However I am very disappointed: First, the powder seems to easily crumble at the stroke of my Becca Bronzing Brush (a very delicate brush); Second, the shimmer is very young looking cuasing me to look slightly teenage boppery rather than having an adult glow; Third, the color is opaque and not transparent and you can easily detect where there is powder and not. In sum, a very blah/mediocre product.

I love this! It's the most beautiful golden color for my FFF-MMM skin. Yes there is shimmer but it's subtle and natural-looking. Great value at just AU44. Available from selected David Jones stores. Here it is on the right-

continued >>

on 11/7/2004 5:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to have a sworn love affair with this bronzer. It gave me the perfect bronze glow I needed in my pasty winter face. However, the shimmer has started to bother me. It's not overwhelming but it's obvious, more so than I like. I still use it religiously, but at this point any bronzer would do. It makes you look healthy but is no longer my HG. Pity.

on 11/2/2004 8:44:00 AM

I have "medium" and gives me really natural bronzy look, not it is not over-powering or orange. I also love littl bit of "shimmer" for the healthy JLO look. It was (from my memory) around $40 in Aus dollars and I think it will last forever. My first Cargo product and very happy with it.

on 10/4/2004 3:23:00 AM

Radiance golden bronzer perfect for that JLO look.

Only set back that tin can, that sometimes is hard to break into.

Other then that, I beso it.

on 9/11/2004 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Ah! This is a gorgeous golden-brown shimmery bronzer, that does not look muddy in the least bit on my NC35 skin (usually nc30 in the cold canadian winters) hehe. This isn't super uber pigmented, so you can use a slightly heavy hand, and not worry about looking too bronzed. I like that this is subtle, and that it's not straight brown, as well as does not have any orange tones in it. This looks SO natural, it's simply beautiful, and the price is a-ok :) Will repurchase once out. Btw, i love this 10X more than nars laguna *gasp*! :O

on 8/28/2004 12:14:00 AM

loves it! has a pretty, but not over powering, shimmer that looks great over my self-tanner. doesn't make me break out at all.

Top Rated Cargo Products