December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by LindaSong

This product works pretty well. I don't have very bad acne or skin issues. I normally only break out once in a while when its around that time of the month. Last month I broke out pretty bad. I've bought and use this product before so I thought I'd buy it again. I use it as a mask and face wash. I like the fresh "minty" feeling when you apply it. It helps to dry out my pimples and gets rid of them quicker too. The only thing i would say I don't like about this product is it tends to dry your skin out so don't use the mask too often. I made the mistake of using it too often and it made my skin not only dry but also made the ares that broke out itchy. other than that i would say this product is effective

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:57:00 AM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This cleanser is a miracle worker when it comes to removing black heads. I used to have annoying black heads on my nose that would not go away. After I started using this cleanser, 90% of my black heads are gone. I don't use it as a mask. To be honest I tried it once and I didn't find it effective. You should use Queen Helene Mint Julep mask if you want to use a nice clay mask that sucks out the impurities in your skin.

Like some of the reviews have states, this cleanser tends to be drying. I use it only at night. Right after washing my face I have to use toner and moisturizer in order to put the moisture back. If you don't then you will feel your face stiff up (which is really bad because it means its drying up).

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 9:23:00 PM More reviews by beautyrush92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Let me start off by saying, I NEVER write reviews. I usually just read them to find out if a certain product has good reviews or not..sooo i decided to write a review on the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. I found it to be amazing! i have light/moderate acne, just some patches on cheeks, its not too bad though, some light scarring. I purchased this about 2 weeks ago and let me say the results were amazing. My skin cleared up soo much. I've tried everything out there. EVERYTHING, and this one the only cleanser that actually worked. But everyone's skin is different, so you have to take that into consideration, but from my experience with this, I absolutely love it and will continue using it. 8)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by linet182

I use this product as a mask, haven't tried it as a cleanser yet, but the product didn't really help with anything. I put it on and leave it for about 10 minutes then wash it off.. it tingles at first and gives you a cooling sensation, but after washing it off I don't feel a difference in my complexion. The Proactive refining mask, though a bit pricier helps me a lot more with my acne than this product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 1:31:00 AM More reviews by mayascara

I've used this as a face wash amd a mask. As a face wash it's definitely too drying for everyday use, so if you buy it for that purpose I'd say use it every other day even if you have oily skin.
As a mask, it's excellent for pimples... But if you have it on for too long it might "sunburn" your face as a previous reviewer said. I actually didn't encounter this problem until I used it once right after a shower, it felt like my face was burning and when I washed it off my skin was bright red. Needless to say I will only use this when I have a lot of bumps n preferably took a shower way earlier that day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by raroux

I've used this for a week and I'm absolutely in love with it. I was using Neutrogena's grapefruit cream cleanser and it ruined my skin -it was flaky, constantly dry, and I had breakouts.

After switching to the clear pore cleanser, my skin has been perfect. I wake up the next morning and my skin is perfectly balanced, it's not greasy, nor is it flaky or dry. My skin feels smooth and soft and I haven't had a single breakout. I'll continue buying this and have no desire of switching. Lovely, amazing product.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:16:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this when it first came out as a sample and it literally just BURNED my face. i left it on for a few minutes and my skin looked like I had gotten sun burned three days straight.
I had to hold a cold washcloth to my face to try to cool it down.
It did nothing for my face other than that.

It even had a warning on the back it may LIGHTEN HAIR. Something like this should never, ever be used on skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2011 12:02:00 AM More reviews by RosesBlack

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral Hair: Other, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have extremely oily and very sensitive skin. I was leery about using this cleanser but my skin has been breaking out and it was on sale. I really like this as a cleanser. Because my skin is sensitive I can't use it daily but using it 2-3 times a week has significantly cleared up my skin after about a month and a half. My PMS breakout was even pretty mild compared to what I usually have. I wouldn't recommend this for people with drier skin as even with super oily skin it dries me out a little bit. Overall I am very pleased with it. Do be careful though it can bleach towels/shirts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2011 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Devildog4025

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product has been a staple in my regimine for years. I don't really ever use it as a mask, like i should, but this product goes with me everywhere. I love it. Especially cooling after a workout, also! Keeps my skin mellow and doesn't bleach my towel like other bp products.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2011 6:53:00 PM More reviews by sienna2125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

DS HG! I use this as a mask. This tightens pores, controls oil, exfoliates and treats acne. The effects last for 2-3 days. It's multifunctional, cheap, & easy to find. I love it.