Solano HAI Convertable Flat Iron

4.7

on 5/22/2003 12:40:00 PM

I've been shopping for a high quality flat iron for the past couple of weeks, and finally decieded on the HAI convertable. There are a ton of postings on the boards on flat irons, and a lot of info on the web. But I went with the HAI because the temp is adjustable (the CHI isn't), its cheaper than the CHI and was well reviewed. I got mine on folica.com for $95 (yikes!), but there was no shipping charge. I got it in a couple of days and I LOVE IT!!! I've got thick, medium length hair that has a ton of natural wave-- I didn't even need to blow my hair straight first, I just let it air dry wavy and then flat ironed it-- its perfectly straight, even in the DC rain!!! The best part (since I hate waking up early to do my hair), it took all of 5 minutes to do my whole head. Love the HAI, its a good investment

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the HAI 2. I choose this model instead of the CHI because of the temperature control & the 2 1/4 inch plate size. In the end, the temp. control really wasn't a factor because anything below the 400 degree heat setting would not completely straighten my thick stubborn hair. I got an incredible deal for this item at www.folicapro.com. When used in conjunction with a thermal protector (I prefer Biosilk Silk Therapy & Paul Mitchell Seal And Shine), the end result is comparable to a professional blowout.

on 5/1/2003 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This iron is amazing! I have bought several from Sally's and taken them all back. Someone suggested this so I tried it. I decided to get this instead of the Chi because it has temperature controls. The difference between the Hai and the ones at the stores is that the plates are completely ceramic instead of being ceramic plated and that makes a big difference. My hair is straight, soft, shiney and frizz free when I use it. Don't forget to use a heat protectant with it.

on 2/11/2003 4:41:00 PM

This review is for the HAI (CERAMIC)Convertable Flat Iron sold by Folica.com. This is a not a Solano product there was no other place to put it. Previously I had a Hot Tools flat iron which only seemed to cook my already bleach-fried hair even further, so, prefering my naturally wavy hair stick staight I was on a constant search for a better flatiron. This is it! So much gentler on my hair and does a MUCH better job of straightening and it is much easier to control because of the small size. Folica.com sells them for $95, free shipping, no tax. Yes, it is steep but a great tool produces great-looking hair. You can also do flips (which are so "in" now) easily with this iron. It says it is recommended for short hair but I have hair to my mid-back and it works just fine. Also my it makes my cowlicks disappear, which my Hot Tools never could..Yipee!
I am now looking to replace my metal curling iron with a ceramic one. Sooo glad I discovered ceramics!