Solano HAI Convertable Flat Iron

4.7

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This review is for the HAI 2. I choose this model instead of the CHI because of the temperature control & the 2 1/4 inch plate size. In the end, the temp. control really wasn't a factor because anything below the 400 degree heat setting would not completely straighten my thick stubborn hair. I got an incredible deal for this item at www.folicapro.com. When used in conjunction with a thermal protector (I prefer Biosilk Silk Therapy & Paul Mitchell Seal And Shine), the end result is comparable to a professional blowout.

on 5/1/2003 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This iron is amazing! I have bought several from Sally's and taken them all back. Someone suggested this so I tried it. I decided to get this instead of the Chi because it has temperature controls. The difference between the Hai and the ones at the stores is that the plates are completely ceramic instead of being ceramic plated and that makes a big difference. My hair is straight, soft, shiney and frizz free when I use it. Don't forget to use a heat protectant with it.

on 2/11/2003 4:41:00 PM

This review is for the HAI (CERAMIC)Convertable Flat Iron sold by Folica.com. This is a not a Solano product there was no other place to put it. Previously I had a Hot Tools flat iron which only seemed to cook my already bleach-fried hair even further, so, prefering my naturally wavy hair stick staight I was on a constant search for a better flatiron. This is it! So much gentler on my hair and does a MUCH better job of straightening and it is much easier to control because of the small size. Folica.com sells them for $95, free shipping, no tax. Yes, it is steep but a great tool produces great-looking hair. You can also do flips (which are so "in" now) easily with this iron. It says it is recommended for short hair but I have hair to my mid-back and it works just fine. Also my it makes my cowlicks disappear, which my Hot Tools never could..Yipee!
I am now looking to replace my metal curling iron with a ceramic one. Sooo glad I discovered ceramics!

Popular Hair Styling Tools