Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick

3.4

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Alcohol denat., calendula officinalis (calendula) flower oil, borago officinalis (borage) seed oil, achillea millefolium (yarrow) oil, carum petroselinum (parsley) seed oil, aqua (water, eau), salix nigra (willow) bark extract, melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) leaf oil, citrus medica limonum (lemon) peel oil, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) oil, juniperus communis (juniper) fruit oil, eucalyptus globulus (eucalyptus) leaf oil, citral, geraniol, limonene, linalool

My mom picked this up for me at Shoppers because she knows how much I love Burt's Bees and that my skin had been breaking out pretty badly for a little while. I find this product to be...Interesting, but it works pretty well!

I don't mind the medicinal smell; I find it clean - like it's going to kill all the bacteria in my problem areas, which is what you want in a spot treatment. The first few times I used it I had trouble actually getting the product out and onto my skin - I guess the roller was a little bit stuck?

After I managed to get the product onto my skin it stung a bit but I didn't mind at all because I noticed it didn't dry my skin out or make it flaky.

For some strange reason I find this isn't effective during the day (possibly because I wear makeup over it and my skin is super ridiculous) but it's great to dot on before you hop in bed! It really takes away redness and diminishes the size of the offending pimple, even if it doesn't completely get rid of it.

Over all, I find this to work pretty well, but not as well as some of the other spot treatments I've used that were cheaper. I'm sort of on the fence over whether or not I'd buy it again because it was a bit expensive and is getting used up pretty quickly, so unfortunately I'll say no on this one.

on 7/29/2009 1:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I like Burt's Bees, and I like the smell of the blemish stick. It has worked in the past but nothing miraculous. I've had two blemishes for about the past two weeks and have been applying the blemish stick religiously. Sadly it hasn't worked. I still like the product, if only for the smell, but it doesn't work very well for me. I honestly hate giving this item a bad review because I love love love Burt's Bees.

on 7/22/2009 12:18:00 AM

My mom picked this up for me a couple years ago when my acne was really bad. I used it but only got to like half the bottle before it got all junk-filled, so I stopped using it. After I had a few more breakouts than usual a couple weeks ago, I picked this up again since I've never really found a spot treatment I've loved. This is now my HG. I absolutely adore it. It does smell a bit medicinal-y as others say, but that doesn't bother me. Plus, once you have it on your face, you can't smell it anymore. I love that it's a liquid and is clear. This is the absolute only spot treatment I can wear under makeup that goes on smooth and doesn't make my makeup look weird or cakey in that area. I like the idea how other people take the roller ball out and dip a Q-tip into it, but I travel a lot, so I was worried about it leaking, and I didn't want to make a mess putting it into another bottle, so I use it with the roller ball. It's not the most sanitary thing, but that hasn't hindered it's performance, imo. I am extremely careful with it though. I only put it on my skin after cleansing so there's no dirt or makeup or anything that it can pick up and make the liquid all junky. It doesn't dry me out at all, which I love. I usually spread it over some trouble areas for to prevent breakouts, and that works fine. It's a little more expensive (about $8 at WalMart), but it is absolutely worth it. And even though I use this morning and night, I don't seem to be going through the bottle very fast at all. I will definitely repurchase this stuff.

on 7/15/2009 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this before consulting makeupalley reviews, which in this case may be a good thing - the reviews here are generally low enough to keep me away. But for me (I have occasional breakouts that are more like small bumps under the skin, they almost never come to a head but can last a long time) this works great! Just a few dabs a day on any small spot, and not only does it take the swelling down very quickly, it is completely healed within a couple of days instead of 1-2 weeks. I don't mind the smell, and the applicator is great - it helps keep the treatment concentrated right on the spot, and prevents me from overtreating the whole area. Maybe this is not the best choice for moderate or severe acne, but if you have under-the-skin bumps that normally last a long time, this definitely helps get things under control quickly!

on 7/6/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It's easy to use and it works. Just apply a bit on a pimple and the next day, it already feels less bumpy! The down side would be the smell. It has a heavy licorice smell which I don't like.

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

i like this, it really helps reduce my occasional zit. Because i have clear skin 99% of the time this lasts a while for me. I actually like the small... its sort of tea tree oil citrusy eucalyptusy, which makes sense because they are 3 of the indgredients in this. I like how it stings a little because i like to feel it working. if you have a lot of problem spots this could get pricey, so some people below me i suggest using it mainly for the ones you need to get rid of quickly. the only thing i dont really like is that if you tip it upside down to put it on a LOT comes out, like whole drops rolling down my face, so the packaging could be better. but i think its a real bonus that theyre natural ingredients so youre not absorbing chemicals into your skin and its animal testing free!!

WOW! this stuff REALLY works! im amazed. i had low expectations after trying so many acne products in the past, however i think the tea tree oil really helps. id never tried it before. i love that its all organic and not tested on animals. and i also love that its not some super expensive high-end product, and that i can find it locally at walgreens. LOVE it. it fixed my zits overnight. will repurchase! (i dont mind the scent only because it works!)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Very strong medicinal scent. Product has never assisted in ridding my skin of a blemish.

on 5/20/2009 7:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this product but hate the packaging. It does exactly what it says and I actually like the smell.. It's a very small tube for what you pay. So it's a little expensive. The roller ball thing is very annyoing. It's hard to get product out when it's low. You have to throw your head back and hold the tube upright. haha. It's kind of a hassle. If it wasn't for the packaging I would buy again. But I can find something that does the same job for a smaller price.

on 5/18/2009 10:18:00 PM

I bought this awhile ago and I just started regularly using it a few months ago on pimples that appear on my skin. This stick is amazing for those pesky huge pimples that pop up on your chin and on your forehead. It is a great treatment if you need them gone, fast! I've noticed that in the morning, my pimples look smaller and the redness has gone down but it can burn a little when you first roll it on your skin. The smell is pretty strong but you can get use to after awhile. I feel like this stuff can be used up pretty fast if you use it everywhere on your skin so I'd stick to the bigger pimples that you just can't seem to get rid of . Another great from Burt's Bees!

Popular Treatments (Face)