August 1, 2014 | 1047 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 8:31:00 AM More reviews by tissuebox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been using this foundation for several years now.. for me, it gives just enough coverage. I actually mix two shades (5 and 6) in order to get the perfect match for my skin colour. In the summer, I add a little more or the darker (6) colour and in winter a little more of the lighter colour.. tailor-made foundation! Highly recommended :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by laurabelle0202

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this product because I'm acne prone and my skin is always the clearest when using this foundation. It has good staying power for my combination skin. It can however, get oily looking or emphasize dry patches depending on the state of my skin. It's definitely a foundation that looks best when your skin underneath looks best. It provides sheer-light medium coverage. It won't cover red pimples but will make them look less noticeable. Color matching has been frustrating for me. 4.75 is a little too pink and 5 is a little yellow for me. 4.5 is too dark and too orange. Right now I'm using the 5. My best match has been studiofix powder in NW20. I hope they come out with more shades in this line.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

This foundation is only average to me. Its a very thin foundation but would still get cakey which made me extremely irritated. Overall I didn't find it any more impressive than any other foundation I have used.

I saw a lot of great reviews in magazines and online and it really disappointed me because I was expecting a lot more!. I didn't feel great when I was wearing this product and felt a little insecure that it was clumping. This gets a 3 star from me because I won't but again but it wasn't a horrible product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by mllemustard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've heard great things about this foundation, so I thought I'd give it a try.

I don't like it. I got a generous sample to try at home from the SA, as I wasn't convinced in store, and after using the sample, I'm still not persuaded. I can see it on my skin. I'm not sure if the color is off (I was given 3.75; Bobbi Brown Porcelain works well on me otherwise), but it emphasizes dry patches I didn't know I had. It works OK when mixed into my regular moisturizer, but it's way too expensive for me to buy a bottle for that use.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Hermanspottypants

This is a wonderful product probably better for those with normal to dry skin.

It just looks very very natural and luminous. I really love the look and its very easy to apply.

The trouble for me is that it doesn't stay on my face very long thanks to my combination skin- after 4 hours it started to slide off. Thats the reason I wouldn't get this again.
Oh and coverage level is only medium. It does not build up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For me this is the perfect foundation. I have tried Clinique, benefit, MAC, Chanel, bobbi brown, Estée Lauder, Laura Mercier (and the list goes on) but this ones perfect.
I tried to find a foundation that leaves me with a glow but not orange or oily looking, and fairly thick but not cakey or drying, with the ability to cover redness and slight scarring AND last a long time. After trying so many I sort of gave up thinking I was just too fussy. But I tried this in London self ridges store on a one off as Giorgio Armani makeup is hard to find here in the UK. The assistant colour matched me and applied it on me along with their micro fil loose powder and I ended up buying the two together as it gave me flawless coverage.
I tend to get bored of foundations before finishing the bottle so trying a new one... But I am on my second bottle now and will definitely be sticking to it. It lasts really long as I only have to use one pump for my whole face.
I definitely wouldn't buy it without being colour matched first but I definitely recommend it!! It is a little expensive but worth it.
My only doubt is that if you have quite prominent spots it may not cover so well, i dont have this problem as i rarely get them, however with a good concealer I'm sure it'll work just as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2013 2:07:00 AM More reviews by NoraYH

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation several times before when I was under 25 and my skin was really good. This only adds a luminous finish and give an effect of a tinted moisturizer, and since I usually go for a slightly tanned look, this give me the right natural bronze. However, as I grew my skin now has some sun spots and little discoloration and I need more coverage I did not find the perfect foundation yet .. If you have the perfect skin and want the additional glow this is good for u especially if u have dry or sensitive skin. I think it does not suit oily skins

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by QR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have mild to moderate acne, uneven blotchy skin tone, and acne scarring. I was looking for a foundation that would cover my blemishes but look natural and feel as if I'm not wearing any foundation. I have tried all the big brands (Chanel, Dior, YSL, Guerlain, Mac, La Mer, Cle de Peau, etc) and this one is my favorite. I wear a thin layer (1/2 pump) which looks very natural and it is enough to even out my skin tone and cover light scars but does not completely cover my dark scars. It does fade but at least it fades evenly. There is no caking or drying but on sweaty days, I'll get shiny. It is expensive but it is worth it for somebody as picky as I am for foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2013 5:22:00 AM More reviews by miranorris

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a love hate relationship with this foundation.

Starting with the pros -
It gives a really good buildable coverage and let me say this, boy does it photograph beautifully with/without flash! It's glowy in all the right places and like what the previous reviewer sad, it makes your skin look flawless. It goes on smoothly, and it's really natural if you match it well to your skin tone.

Cons -
If you wear spectacles like i do, this foundation leaves a mark when you take them off (like literally the whole frame shape) even when you
set it with powder. It also does tend to get oily through the day. And the last con would be the most obvious one, the pricing.

Overall i'd go back and try this foundation again, maybe a shade light because the one i've got now is a lil too pink for me (i've realised the point five shades are more of a pink undertone). But one of the main reason would be the fact that it photographs really really really beautifully. If you've got the money to splurge on this i would say give it a go, it's worth trying!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sweetsweetchristine

I used to like this foundation in the winter but now I think I have a mixed feelings toward this foundation. First, what I like about the foundation is its coverage. It gives you a very good coverage but yet still comparably light. The finish is definitely a I-am-wearing-foundation finish but with a good blusher it actually can turn to be good. Also, this foundation is really photogenic or working perfect with very strong light. In photos, wearing this foundation makes your skin looks photoshoped FLAWLESS! However, it is very thick. I still don't understand why something so thick can sometime be so dry as well! In some days, it looks perfect on my skin, but some days it just looks wrong! When it looks good, it is smooth and flawless, but when it looks bad it is dry and patchy. Overall, I still can't decide whether I like this foundation or not so I think I will not repurchase it again.