Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

3.8

AQUA / WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, ISODODECANE, ALCOHOL, POLYGLYCERYL-4 ISOSTEARATE, ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, HEXYL LAURATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, PHENOXYETHANOL, ACETYLATED GLYCOL, STEARATE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TRISTEARIN, CELLULOSE GUM, NYLON-1,2 LIMONENE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, LINALOOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, PARFUM / FRAGRANCE, DISODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, METHYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL [ /- MAY CONTAIN CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 / IRON OXIDES CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES MICA

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Received a sample of this. Was interested in purchasing but the foundation just didn't work with my skin. I have dry sensitive acne prone skin (normal to oily t-zone)

As soon as I applied this, the foundation accentuated flakes and made the texture of my skin look worse... It also accentuated my face hairs.. Not sure how that worked but it did. Just didn't look good at all. I moisturized twice and primed my face prior to foundation application so the foundation had more than enough moisture to work with. The shade match was good; 5.75. BUT the foundation does have alcohol listed in the ingredients which could be drying.

I'm glad I didn't purchase the full size product. I do see this working for normal to oily skin.

For reference: NC25-30, MUFE F&B 32, Dior Star 021 Linen, YSL TE BD50, Chanel Vitalumiere 010

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I just love this foundation. It looks very natural and yet gives me the coverage I need. After a long difficult search for the perfect foundation, I have finally found the right one.

I have been wearing this foundation for almost a year now. Here is what I have noticed about it:
-Color selection is very confusing, it took me a few visits to find the right shade. I have a light to medium skin tone and I have settled on 5.25 which has reddish undertones. I tried 5.5 and it looked fantastic upon application but oxidized to a very dark brown which looked awful. I also tried 5.75 which is too golden.
-Is not made for people with oily skin- only dry/normal otherwise it is too glossy because it is very moisturizing
-Medium/full coverage, lasts all day
-Will NOT cause breakouts (one of the few liquid foundations with no pore clogging ingredients)
-After a few hours it can oxidize leaving your skin with a slight yellow/red/brown undertone depending on the shade you buy
-Looks gorgeous in photographs

I have tried a zillion different foundations because I have sensitive skin and am prone to breakouts and I love this one. It would be perfect if there was no oxidation, but I have settled for now as the pros outweigh the cons.

This is my favourite foundation so far. Glides on, medium coverage, as the name suggests makes my skin look silly soft. However product is very expensive so I try not to use it daily. It is also one of very few foundations that don't cause breakouts.

Hate that I love this so much it's way too expensive

I so wanted to love this foundation but sadly it does not seem to work for me. I have combination skin which veers towards oily and I know which products work for me e.g Double Wear Light amongst others. I had read that this is fine for oilier skins but I don't believe that is true. I think a foundation at this price should work well enough without a primer if it really is ok for oily skins but it leaves me incredibly shiny after just a few hours. Also when you look closely it sits oddly on the skin, it can highlight pores and even any facial hair which none of my other foundations do! I can imagine that this leaves a lovely dewy finish on drier skins but please try this out before you buy, there are many other foundations out there which are just as good if not better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

OVERPRICED.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Nice medium coverage, not as natural and beautiful as finish i get with Vitalumiere aqua. Staying power: after 5 hours it begins to melt, after 8 hours in the office - almost all is melted. Primer, powder, finishing spray - nothing helps. I have normal skin. Conclusion: Due to the bad staying power not worth the price I paid. For 63 EUR (cca 75 usd) i paid for it I expect to get more.

After much hype I purchased a few of this on the same day, why? Because I was experimenting with different tanning lotions and so I needed a few colors to mix so I could match my color correctly. If you are oily do not buy and do not buy their primer it will make you look even more like a butterface. I will not be buying again, if you like this then try Nars the dewy foundation. You will love it.

It’s my favorite for special occasions — I recommended it to a friend recently for her wedding, and I personally wear it for every big, well-photographed event myself!

It's very layerable. It provides aluminum starch octenylsuccinate to help balance oil on the skin, while cyclopentasiloxane (a lightweight silicone) provides mild hydration. Alcohol thins the solution without drying your skin.