November 26, 2014 | 1736 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Catherine94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Do you like Touch Eclait foundation, Bare Minerals, Mac Face and Body, Nars?
THIS IS BETTER!- by far!!

Firstly, I wasn't set on purchasing this foundation initially, I intended on buying NARS SHEER GLOW again however despite the nice finish on NSG it slides off my face (I dont have oily skin) Both being similar in pricing I read through some GA reviews and from what others thought this was a must have, the woman did a good job matching me to 6.5 which is excellent for olive complexions! The finish is beautiful as everyones says, airbrushed, blurs rather than covers blemishes and gives a glow in the right areas, no shine like Touche Eclait I found, shine rather than an 'inner glow'.

The packaging is simple, one pump being adequate for the entire face, as far as breaking me out ive only had this for a few days and felt inclined to review it for you guys as it's my by far favourite foundation! Ive tried everything and I mean I'm the biggest foundation junkie out there! Armani you have saved me a lot of time and money, I will no longer be searching for the perfect finish! Ive found it, if your not going to buy this because of the price get a sample! Its so so worth it!!

SO GLAD I FOUND THIS BEAUTY!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 7:06:00 PM More reviews by iwannago

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG HOLY GRAIL. This foundation is so beautiful on the skin , the shade range is awesome to! 5 is a perfect match for me and I have abit of a tan right now. I'm so happy I found this. The finish is a natural satin finish but it's sooo glowy! It's gorgeous your skin looks airbrushed and perfect the coverage is I'd say a medium and can be built up but personally one layer is perfect! Also I love using the Armani blender brush it's awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Holy Grail. Hands down.

This is a foundation that, when applied right, makes your skin look like your skin, but better; which is exactly what a foundation should do. You hear that a lot when people explain foundations - but I feel like this one really does fit the bill.

It has a very runny consistency. There's no fragrance that I can remember noticing. It melts into the skin almost instantly and is a dream to blend. The coverage is rather light to medium, but it can be built up within reason. The finish is dewy if not on the oily side. Lasting power is the only down side of this foundation, as there really is none.

I've just discovered the benefits of a primer and I would HIGHLY recommend investing in a good one to use with this foundation. Before I found a primer that worked for me (for reference: Makeup Forever HD Primer in 07 pink), I would just carry the bottle and brush around in my makeup bag and reapply it and my blushes midday if I felt bothered to. The texture of this product is so light, you can really get away with doing something like that. Other foundations would just look caked on in similar situations. Also of note, I personally hate powdering as I think it deadens the skin. I've powdered this foundation before with Dior Nude loose powder, but it just looks so heavy after I've done that and always seems to magnify slight imperfections and lines. I feel like I don't even have those lines or imperfections until I powder them, which definitely is not a look to go for. I feel like this foundation is so light and airy, why would you want to weigh it down with powder?

I've used a number of different brushes for application and found that they all work for different coverage levels. I find that a flat paddle brush can give the most coverage and layers without wasting a lot of product. A kabuki gives a pretty light coverage that is ideal for daily wear. I would not use a sponge or beauty blender; the foundation would just soak right into it and waste your product. This also applies beautifully with just your fingertips, but make sure you work it into the skin and pat it in or else you'll just wipe the foundation away.

***Again, I would highly suggest purchasing a primer to use before this foundation! I've spent the past six months in love with how this product looks in the morning, only to find that four hours into the day, I'm an oil slick and the foundation has slipped off my nose and chin. I've stuck with it because honestly, the finish is a dream in the morning. No one can tell I'm wearing foundation. 03 matches my pale complexion better than any other foundation I've tried. And overall, I loved the dewy finish too much to try my luck with yet another foundation routine / products.

Get matched in store; the online colors are strange. For reference, I'm always the lightest shade of a foundation line there is - and often, I'm lighter than even that - and I'm a 03 in this line. 02 oxidized much too yellow to match me. Try it :) It's honestly a dream foundation.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Maikel349

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this foundation in multiple samples and different colours from the SA at Harrods London, such a sweet and nice girl. She gave me 4.5, 6.5 and 7 so i could try the colours out and mix them together. Since im not into mixing foundation colours i decided to try 7 at night when i was going out and i looked pretty sun kissed. The sunkissed look was good for a night out but i wouldnt wear that colour during the day so i applied 6.5 in the morning and i fell in love!!

When you apply this foundation with a liquid foundation brush you can feel this product melt onto your skin, your skin looks radiant, smooth and airbrushed. This day i got so many compliments by people in the stores but also on the street that my skin looked so amazing and polished. I really love the dewy finish, and it stays a little bit more matt with my smashbox oil free primer:) perfect combination, stays on the skin for a long time and is perfect to build up for a more even complexion.

totally a rebuy, i love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 5:42:00 PM More reviews by melixo23

LET ME START OFF BY SAYING AS MUCH AS I MAY LOVE MY HIGH END PRODUCTS I DO ALSO LOVE SOME GREAT DRUGSTORE PRODUCTS! BUT THIS FOUNDATION IS ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!i wore this for my 22nd birthday i am a shade 7 /8 for the summer since i do like to tan but in the winter im usually a 6.5. this foundation is amazing for photograph it makes your skin look like its naturally flawless! i got so many compliments and my pictures came out fantastic! This foundation is definetely a light to medium coverage so i wouldnt recommend for anyone needing full coverage. this will definetely smoothen and brighten your skin giving you a flawless natural finish, i find this more on the dewey side. I do suggest to be color matched and take a sample home to test it out in different lighting since thats the problem i had when i first bought it. I would not wear this foundation every day since the price is a bit steep and i dont feel like this would wear well through my 8 hour work day. i highly recommend this foundation! & i like to use this with my beauty blender or my real techniques stippling brush

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Dive14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG!!! Why, WHY WHY don't I ever learn!? PLEASE NOTE that although a foundation may state "dermatologically tested" blah blah etc. it can still contain HIGHLY pore-clogging ingredients and is very likely to cause cosmetic acne in some people. I am specifically referring to the ingredient "Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate" which is the ester of isostearic acid (rated as severely comedogenic) and polyglycerin-4. After reading all the reviews, I (kind of comfortingly, which is sick I know) came to the conclusion my experience was the same as many others, particularly ynnej's - basically broke out ALL OVER (particularly the places that I had sweated throughout the day more... interesting) in little red bumps that turned into bigger bumps and I break out rarely; 1 blemish a month if that. Despite this I wanted so much to like it (because the finish really is that of "luminous silk") that I thought my first bottle must have "gone off" in some way i.e. past its expiration date. So I decided to buy and try it again, hoping that this time it would be different and the bottle wouldn't be added to my ever-growing cosmetics graveyard. Unfortunately the exact same thing happened, hence my now late-night outpouring of emotion on MUA. I'm so thankful for the internet, so at least I can now research ingredients and their find out comedogenic-rating so I know what to look out for and avoid in future, rather than simply keeping testing things out and wrecking my complexion. Just wanted to post this review to hopefully stop others out there doing the same...

14 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 6:15:00 AM More reviews by Sue_raisin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been on my radar for years, but I only just took the plunge and re-mortgaged my home to buy it yesterday.
My first impression is that it feels light on the skin, it's been about three years since I've worn a liquid (been a BE minerals devotee of recent times) and I don't think I remember any formula I've used in the past to ever be this light. It's got good slip, and applies perfectly with a foundation brush, giving medium coverage and a glowing finish. I do have a few tiny scars from spot picking around my mouth and chin and this covers them but not completely - you would have to use a concealer for a complete flawless finish, however if you have reasonably good skin I'd say you could get away with wearing just this on it's own. It's my first day wearing it so I don't have anything to report on how long it stays on for but will update later.
Update: it breaks my heart to say this but I have relegated this to the back up drawer. It was making my skin oily and sadly, the foundation wears off in patches after about 3 hours wear. I would never get this with a mineral makeup. It means you're applying a few times throughout the average day (assuming you wear your make up from morning until you go to bed at night) and quite frankly I just don't have the time for this.
That said I reckon I'll break this out for special occasions where I know that pictures will be taken (unfortunately BE minerals give a strange ghost-ish white cast in pictures) so I'll end up using it up, but it's not an every day foundation for me.
If you have normal-dry skin with few blemishes I imagine this would look stunning.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Sari7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this foundation! I have a very oily t-zone and blemishes. this foundation provides great coverage yet it's light. I do not need a primer or setter to wear this all day long without any shine. my skin is also has a yellow/olive tone so the foundation with the yellow undertone matches beautifully to my skin. applies smoothly without needing too much and does not come off on my clothes etc. I have found my holy grail foundation!

I've already worn it through the worst of the heat wave and it stayed on all day! And because it is not heavily scented, i don't have to worry about sneezing or irritating me and my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 5:16:00 AM More reviews by mikkazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't like this at all. It gets flaky and blotchy on my skin and during the day it gets oily... The only good thing is that it comes in a lot of colors that fits everyone. It's also very expensive and the pump is bad. I had high expectations on this foundation but I got disappointed. Maybe my skin don't fit this foundation because many people seems to like it. But I don't recommend this if you have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by RajiS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using Luminous Silk for 7 years I can safely say I would never buy another foundation again.

My cheeks can tend to look a bit red (thank you broken capillaries) but generally, my skin is pretty clear and even. My skin type is generally normal (but sometimes prone to dryness) and I have a slightly oily T-zone. Overall, a weird combination. For this reason I've never needed or wanted a heavy foundation but instead I've looked for light foundations that maintain good, long lasting coverage.

I've found that this foundation sinks nicely into the skin so it looks completely natural, which is perfect if you want to wear it every day without looking like you've made far too much effort. It gets rid of any red patches I might have and gives me that nice "glow" I've always read about. Because it's light I've found that even if I wear it all day over a long period of time (I normally don't wear foundation on a day to day basis and try to keep it to special occasions) it doesn't play about with my skin or cause me to break out. A little goes a long way too, I use the tiniest amount for full coverage and I've never ever come close to finishing a pot (but obviously, as with any make up you should replace it once it expires). Because of this, the expensive price tag feels justified!

On it's own it's good, but with primer (I use MAC but that's mostly because I've never bothered to look anywhere else) and with the Luminous Silk loose powder on top it sets so nicely to give an expensive, airbrushed look. The best part is my t-zone doesn't oil up even after hours of wear (without touch ups!) so I thankfully don't look greasy by the end of the night. I also use it with their highlighter (No 10 to replace my bronzer and / or No 2 to highlight the cheeks and brow bones).

As a set, it IS expensive but I promise you if you do go for it you won't look back! They will try to convince you that it works even better with their even pricier designer shaping brush but that's not true. Although the brush itself is fine, that's all it is - fine. I prefer using my £8 brush that I picked up from the drugstore! Overall, the foundation is perfect for people who want an every day foundation that gives full coverage without feeling heavy on the skin.