September 17, 2014 | 2006 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Luminous Silk Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by Beautyveiled

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my holy grail foundation! It has an amazing flawless finish on my combination skin. It doesn't oxidise and it has amazing lasting power with a decent primer. I cannot fault this except for maybe the price. However,Nars Sheer Glow works out the same price when you include buying the pump. This also photographs beautifully. I wear shade 6.25 which matches my nc30/35 STROMBOLI skin. where have you been all my life?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

This is a lovely foundation especially for the evening, it photographs beautifully without flashbacks, a really good choice for important occasions.
I like that it is subtly luminous and does not irritate my skin. Medium-buildable coverage, excellent for good-skin days. You are however expected to use a concealer to cover up eye-bags/acnes.

I use it with the Armani Light Master Primer and lasts me the whole day, though I may need to blot my T-zone a little by the evening. The lasting power is great set it with powder.

The cons of this foundation is definitely the price, but I guess it's good to have this foundation in your collection like I said for important events. I am not surprised if make up artists suggest using this foundation for weddings.

For your reference I am a little bit lighter than NC20 and I am in shade #3 recommended by the lady at the counter (she tested out several shades on my face). I have normal/dry skin with occasional break-outs, slightly oily T-zone.

**if you have oily skin you may find the luminosity offensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by sof2521

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The best foundation I've ever used! Completely smooth finish. I have tried EVERYTHING and nothing makes my skin look as smooth as the Armani Luminous Silk. Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:51:00 PM More reviews by ahccc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am in love with this foundation. Finally found a foundation that I'm totally satisfied with (a little pricey tho). It is super lightweight yet gives a good coverage to create a flawless look! I must admit that I have blemishes here and there and got quite a few dark spots and acne scars on my face but this foundation covers them ALL! It is amazing! I am onto my 3rd bottle now. Each time I finish a bottle I wish I could find something cheaper to replace it but end up keep coming back to it cuz nothing is as nearly amazing as this foundation. Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

This isn't bad, but I don't see anything about it so great to justify the price. Applied lightly, the coverage is not enough for me, and if I build it up, it's quite cakey, even with primer. Maybe if you have totally flawless skin and have the most perfect color match it will look good, but on me it looks kind of artificial. I might give it a try again one day if my skin gets in better shape, but for now I just can't see what all the hype is about. Surely there are cheaper, light coverage foundations for the lucky folks who don't have any blemishes to conceal.

Pros: No SPF so I'm assuming it won't cause flashback (or lessen the effectiveness of your sunscreen), and it goes on easily unlike some thick cream and mineral foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 11:36:00 AM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this foundation from Nordstrom in shade 5. I am currently nc25 (thanks to Clarins self tanner; normal shade is nc20). I hesitated to use it, because the color looked too dark.

Shade 5 is actually a good match for nc25. This is a peachy foundation. It is not overly pink, beige or yellow. I find it to be very flattering to my complexion. I applied it using my fingers only where needed. Because the foundation is sort of thin and liquidy, it is easy to blend with fingers and sets quickly. It doesn't have much "slip" to it, which is something I personally love, because I am not a fan of silicone-heavy formulas. My skin is dry, and this foundation dries matte on my skin, without looking dull or ashy.

What really sold me on this foundation is how well it photographs. It's "my skin but better" makeup. It's not a heavy foundation (it's actually extremely lightweight), so it doesn't give the appearance of poreless, airbrushed, mannequin skin. It looks like real skin, from far away and up close, but it makes skin look better: brighter, smoother, more even. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it. It definitely doesn't settle into fine lines or pores, but doesn't exactly make them disappear either. I would highly recommend this foundation to brides or anyone who will be photographed. Even at the end of the day, when my redness starts breaking through, this foundation still makes my less-than-perfect skin look amazing in pics. For that reason alone, I will probably buy this foundation, even though the price is ridiculous.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2013 7:21:00 AM More reviews by silvermouse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I managed to get a sample of this from the Armani counter where I was matched with shade 7 Tan. FYI I am NC42, Chanel B60, Revlon Colourstay Natural Tan, NARS Barcelona. I find the colour match to be decent but shade 7 runs a little pink compared to the other foundations that I have. I top it with a light dusting of a yellow toned powder which corrects the shade and sets the foundation

I put a few drops onto the back of my hand, dot it on my face then work it in with a Sigma F80 flat top kabuki brush. This leaves a nice, smooth finish and as promised, a beautiful luminous glow which other foundations lack. The coverage is medium but buildable.

My only problem with it is the lasting power. With a primer, I notice my pores starting to show at the 4-6 hour mark. Without it, I only get to mid morning before I have to touch up. A shame really considering how beautiful it is when first applied. My skin is reasonably oily but by comparison, the normal/dry formulation of the Revlon Colourstay lasts all day without requiring touch ups
I've tried the Lasting silk which is heavier, a little more cakey and has the same lasting power as the Luminous silk.

It's expensive at AU$90. While I am using the sample, I'm enjoying it but for the price and the average lasting power, I don't think I'll purchase the full size.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Gracielleanne

I am absolutely in love with this foundation. You can control the amount of coverage you want and it lasts all day with a setting powder. It is luminous, but not shiny (not oily looking). It also looks natural in person and airbrushed in pictures. I used this for my engagement photoshoot and it photographed very well. If you have the money to splurge, I suggest giving this one a try.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2013 3:02:00 AM More reviews by JuliaCaesaris

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Should have been called "Zero Coverage" foundation. Seriously this hasn't even covered the mildest redness on my face. It was invisible but so was the coverage. If you have any redness or pigmentation I do not recommend it, its the same as using a regular moisturizer.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 11:27:00 AM More reviews by jchoi128

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

You can't tell something is good unless you compare it.

I have all the good things to say about this product.
Honestly, I bought it because it's been hyped up in every magazine and wanted to see what made this foundation so special. But I really couldn't find anything special about it for awhile (few months) until now. It is a good high quality foundation -- no doubt about it.

MY SKIN and what I look for in a foundation:
I have pretty good skin with very few small blemishes here and there on my cheek, forehead, etc. I am always looking for light coverage and spot concealing. So this foundation is being reviewed from a light coverage opinion.

PROS:
1. Very fine yet highly pigmented so you only need very little if you're looking for light coverage. Don't try using a brush. Brush does give you more coverage than using your fingers for application in my opinion. I use 1/2 pump on average (a small dot) and sometimes full pump if I feel like I want to cover a little more. I really haven't found any foundation that I can use so little product and get the same result.

2. Luminous yet not glowing, greasy finish. It sometimes looks slightly matte but it's luminous. Good finish which photographs incredibly well. It makes my skin look like it's been airbrushed in photos -- not in real life obviously.

3. Pump bottle -- thank you! Love this pump bottle and good design of the bottle. It's pretty to look at. The pump is rather easy to control for me. Some reviewers seem to disagree.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No