October 30, 2014 | 1425 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - Bois des Iles

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2003 9:15:00 PM More reviews by lolly5377

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This perfume is absolutely gorgeous and sexy. It reminds me of the heart notes of Chanel No. 19, but it is softer, warmer, and more powdery than that powerhouse of a perfume. Bois des Iles is a lovely scent and has the quality of a greener Shalimar. Truly classic and worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2003 6:53:00 PM More reviews by dolcevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Oh, the drydown of this--I find it incredibly sexy. I love dry woody scents and Bois des Iles is sublimely dry, warm, powdery (has a typical aldehydic Chanel smell), spicy and totally chic. I love both parfum and EDT and would be terribly saddened if Chanel ever were to discontinue this beautiful, timeless perfume. Of the Chanel line, this is up there for me w/ Allure and No19 (even though it resembles No5 most).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 9:20:00 PM More reviews by Mayra

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The parfum is lovely. Woody but not bitter or sharp. Well rounded and elegant without being masculine although I can see some very sophisticated men wear this. The aldehydes do not bother my skin or nose as they do in other blends. Musk, amber. A tiny powdery quality that does not deter from its appeal even way into dry-down stages. Warm, green sandalwood and a wonderfully spicy backbone make this a very wearable scent. Perfect for evening.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2003 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Haleyj

Oh, do I love this. I have the big bottle of the Eau de Parfum Spray and the little Pure Perfume. It is the fragrance I wear all through the Christmas party and Ball season in the fall. It's mature, and complex, and overwhelmingly classy. It smells of musk, and a touch of Vanilla. So lovely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2003 1:26:00 PM More reviews by kate8

I have very little to add to the reviewers who precede me; it's wonderful. I can only speak about the parfum, because that's all I have (so far). Despite its floral content, it's not flowery. It's very woody, and spicy, and fresh/green/citrusy. I disagree with comments that it's entirely feminine, though; Mr. kate8 and I are actually fighting over who gets to wear it, and routinely stealing it from one another's closets, and there are some very comfortable, traditionally-masculine notes sitting in it. Mr. kate8 wouldn't be caught dead in something flowery/girly; we both love it, and want more eventually.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2003 10:12:00 PM More reviews by CharlotteStant

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

"We murder to dissect." Chanel Bois des Iles perfume is flawless and beautiful and everything we desire a perfume to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2003 8:58:00 AM More reviews by SandraWS

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have this in the parfum strength and I absolutely love it. What a beautiful and elegant fragrance. This is a woody oriental scent. It opens with aldehydes, bergamot & a bit of fruit and dries down to a rich and woodsy sandalwood and musk. Just wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2003 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Ruby

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried the parfum and the EDT and the parfum is far superior. It is sweet, strong, spicy and beautiful, pleasing, heavy on sandlewood, easy to wear.
The EDT is harsh, dry - little sweetness at all - too spicy.
The EDT just gives you a faint whiff of the potential beauty of the parfum.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2003 10:13:00 AM More reviews by glitzygirl

This is another Chanel I really love. I can only review the parfum though, as I have never tried the EDT.

On me, this is a very unusual, fresh opening with petitgrain and coriander and definitely aldehydes. As the fragrance starts to settle into the heart, a lovely, sweet warmth starts to bloom, along with a bit of powder. It gets a bit floral, but never overpowers. If anything, a kind of "dark floral," certainly not bright. The drydown is warm, smooth wood, sandalwoody, a little sweet but not cloying. A clean, dry kind of sweet. This fragrance probably isn't for everyone. It has that Chanel "signature" and is certainly on the sophisticated side. A very unusual fragrance for a sophisticated olfactory pallet. Overall a very classy scent- from ingredients, to price, to packaging.