September 20, 2014 | 967 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2006 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Arbybarbie1979

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this conditioner along with the coordinating shampoo and I am loving it. It is not too heavy so it does not weigh my fine/straight hair down. I use it all over from roots to tips with extra on the tips. It keeps the static and flyaways at bay. EDIT: I believe this stuff started making my back break out so had to take off some lippies. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by pearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

What I love best about this conditioner is that I can use it, from roots to tips, AND I can skip washing the next day -- and I have oily hair! I use it with the Triple Treat shampoo. I was surprised that I could go a day without washing. But it didn't leave my hair too dry the first day or anything. The only thing I hate about it is the smell reminds me of dog shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2006 12:23:00 PM More reviews by courty

I'm so pleased with this conditioner! I have fine but wavy and sometimes frizzy hair. Right now, I'm living in an apartment with extremely bad water pressure, so I hadn't used conditioner in months because it takes too long to rinse out. I bought this on a whim with the Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo because I heard that might be stripping. The conditioner is great! It rinses out pretty easily, and makes my hair easier to comb out after a shower. IT doesn't leave a greasy feel on my skin like many conditioners (that can cause gross back pimples). It doesn't flatten or straighten out my slightly wavy hair, and gets rid of frizz. I'm definitely going to keep buying this, and will maybe try out some other Giovanni conditioners just for fun.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2006 5:26:00 PM More reviews by kates76

Let me start off by saying I love Giovanni products. I have fairly healthy hair - fine but lots of it - that gets trimmed regularly so what I look for in a conditioner is light moisture, detangling and managebility. This gave me all of that. Didn't weigh my hair down but left it feeling very smooth and conditioned. Light scent and very clean feeling which I like. I like to use this after I shampoo with the tea tree shampoo - great results!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2005 12:42:00 AM More reviews by LilacShine9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this conditioner to use sometimes. It moisturizes well and left my hair shinier, but sometimes weighed it down. I think this is good for people with slightly dry hair.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2005 4:29:00 PM More reviews by mitabird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this wasn't moisturizing enough for my hair. It did a decent job of detangling and smelled good. It just didn't make my hair as soft as I like it.

Ingredients: Aqua (purified water) with rosemary (rosmarinus officinalis) oil*, nettle (uritica dioica) oil*, thyme (thymus vulgaris) oil*, birch leaf (butela alba) oil, chamomile (anthemis nobilus flower) oil*, clary (salvia sclarea)*, lavender (lavandula angustifolia)*, coltsfoot leaf (tussilago farfara)*, yarrow (achillea millefolium) oil*, mallow (malva sylvestris)*, horsetail (equistetum arvense) oil*, soybean protein (glycine soja)*, cetyl alcohol (plant derived), stearalkonium chloride, tocopherol (vitamin E), trace minerals, citric acid (corn), sodium hydroxymethyglycinate, and grapefruit seed (citrus derived). *Certified organic continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2005 9:07:00 PM More reviews by ne14sumfun

Ok, I bought the smooth as silk shampoo and cond and wasn't immediately impressed. I am now over halfway done with my bottles and am SO impressed!! My hair is sooo soft after i take a shower! This is one of those products that you just have to give a little time to see great results! I had bought a set extra to swap but I think I might keep it for myself after my current set runs out.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2005 6:34:00 PM More reviews by bonjus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This condtitioner wasn't moiturizing enough by any means. My hair was still tangled after. It also felt a bit coated afterwards. Unfortunately I would not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2005 2:11:00 PM More reviews by rosieny

Sorry to bring the rating down. I really wanted to like this line since it's better for your hair but I couldn't help but notice that my fine hair took on a waxy feeling with this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by AmandaPandaPSC

I agree with Flippit's comments. This is good stuff! Light scent, with just enough conditioning. I was left with very silky hair.