October 31, 2014 | 1422 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by noodlynootoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this on the roots of my hair between shampoos. It's brilliant!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2006 6:11:00 AM More reviews by shallot

I love this product. It's super cheap, available at most supermarkets and pharmacies and lasts forever. I use this occassionally on my body but mainly in my light brown/dark blonde hair when I can't be bothered washing it or when I've got ALOT of regrowth. It makes my hair managable when I haven't washed it and is much much much cheaper than dry shampoo. When I haven't been to the HDs for a while, it can lessen the severity of my regrowth. I don't use it often, but will always try to have some on hand just in case.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2006 7:34:00 PM More reviews by lovesittxx

I hate to break all of the five lippies =[ But I have to do it. On my face, this really made me breakout, so I would not use it again on my face. When I use it on my body, it makes it nice and smooth, a powdery feeling, a guess you would say, ha. It has a nice fresh scent as well. But I wish this wouldn't just...lay there in a white powedery layer. Oh well.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2006 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ixxy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is about generic, corn starch based baby powder, not J&J specifically.

I have oily skin which is very acne prone and I have been looking for something to control the oil without breaking me out like most of the foundations I've tried do. I find that this works quite well. I lightly apply this over my sunscreen in the morning and I find that my mid-day my skin still looks relatively matte and I don't have to blott as often as I did before. I don't think it causes any breakouts for me. My skin is somewhat fair, although not the lightest, and I find I can use a light dusting of this without looking ghostly but I expect it wouldn't work for darker skinned individuals. For the price, I think this is a great oil control product. I would definitely buy this again if the bottle that I got for $1 would run out but sicne you need so little of this on your face, I don't expect that to happen for many years.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2006 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Baby_Brown_Eyes

LOVE IT .... UPDATE: I find dusting this on my face with a powder brush before I go to sleep makes my skin less oily during the day while preventing pimples!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2006 2:06:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i've got an oily,sensitive,and slightly acne-prone skin.mostly i break out from ,make up products such as face powder and other skin care products. i stopped using foundation and bought a bottle of classic baby powder instead.this settles on my face so well!! works just as well as expensive face powder and i dont even need foundation!makes my skin so soft and smooth, keep my skin shine-free for atleast half the day and doesnt break me out! i also use this on my hair when i dont have time to wash it and also use it between my toe fingers when its hot and humid, leaves my toes feeling fresh,smooth,soft and dry!cant stop wiggling my toe fingers to feel how soft it is!so far so good for such a dirt cheap powder,multiple use,travel friendly; def. 5 lippies for this product!!UPDATE:Since i've been breaking out from DHC cleansing oil and their washing powder and it made my skin super sensitive,i had to see my derm and stop using all sorts of make-up on my face. baby powder is the only one i stick to and my skin isnt sensitive towards it at all.it definitely isnt breaking me out!lvoe it even more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2006 11:47:00 PM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't believe this has been here the whole time and I never thought of trying it! I want to kick myself. I have super oily skin and I have tried everything out there. Every so called controlling toner or lotion or whatever is hot that week. Nothing ever truly controlled the oil until I decided to try Erno Laszlo's famous heavy controlling lotion (with a heavy price tag to boot). I was stunned at how well it controlled the oil in mt face and left it looking so smooth and even flawless. You wear it at night and it's this very powdery stuff that you dust off the residue when it dries. Well as much as I loved the way it made my skin look and feel, I had to return it due to the horrible perfume they fragrance their products with. I tried to live with it but was gagging for the few days I had it on at night (why would you perfume a product that goes on your face is beyond me).
I tried Janet Sartin's White Astringent (which was supposed ot be similar to Laszlo's and hers was also heavily perfumed and caused my allergies to go into overdrive (also very expensive). I looked carefully at the ingredients on both and the main component was talc and cornstarch. That was really the big part of their concoctions. I went and bought some Johnsons's pure cornstarch baby powder with aloe and I can't believe it! Not only is it the gentlest thing I have ever put on my face (no burning, stinging or anything...even the scent fades quickly in case you don't like it) but it controlled my oil better then anything I have ever tried in my life. Not only that but it's clearing up my face!!! I was going through my normal monthly break out and this stuff works better then any of the acne stuff I have tried because it breaks the vicious cycle of oil which leads to blemishes. I have used it for a week now and my boyfriend always notices how beautiful my face looks when I go to bed and it's the soft pale cast it leaves that looks so beautiful and controls the oil all night long. I love this stuff! It fills in your pores and looks beautiful and yet does not clog them which blew me away! I have yet to try it over my make up instead of regular powder but that's next!

Edit! I found something even better that has almost completely healed my acne, takes all the red and irritation out of skin and keeps it dry for hours! Mario Badescu's Special Healing Powder!! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:15:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have long highlighted hair which is dry at the ends, oily at the scalp. On days I don't have time to wash my hair and especially if my roots are getting dark, I use this on my roots to get rid of the oil. Sprinkle it on my fingers first or directly on the roots and comb through. I wouldn't have thought to do this until I saw it as a tip somewhere. This is a HG product for me and costs next to nothing.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 7:26:00 AM More reviews by tyce01

Definitely a 5 star product. I only started using it last year but my skin has gone smoother and clearer ever since I started using this. It's more effective than the lotions I used beforehand! I use this in conjunction with the Baby Oil after i shower, and it leaves my skin oh-so-smooth =] and whiter as well. Recommended to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 11:15:00 PM More reviews by saltwaterdreaming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading the reviews I decided to try the pure cornstarch baby powder, what took me so long to try this it's excellent no oily t zone half way through the day, no caked on look, sets makeup beautifully. Will definately keep buying and will no longer spend money on high end face powders when baby powder gives an unbelivable finish. Try it, it lasts forever, has multiple uses and only costs a couple of dollars!!