October 26, 2014 | 1583 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 7:55:00 PM More reviews by ahmazingemilee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using the Dove beauty bar for as long as i can remember, even when I was a young child. It has always given my sensitive skin ample moisture and cleanliness, but it never gave a tight draggy feeling or residue. It doesn't have an unpleasant smell, and it lasts for a while if stored in the correct place where it can't melt. I buy this again and again and can't seem to find a thing wrong with it. I LOVE IT! (:

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Pandora7

I've never used on my face, but have used this neck down for years, off and on. I recently came back to Dove. Both the unscented and the scented ones. At first I thought it was fragrance (hence buying the sensitive ), but they both caused a reaction from hell.

I have always loved the feel and scent of Dove products. But I'm swearing off the soaps now. I immediately turn blotchy and red after my shower and begin to itch so bad. After 45 minutes of wanting to roll around in a pile of cheese graters the other night, I needed to take a benedryl to relieve this itch. Either my skin is progressing in it's sensitivity or the formula of this soap has changed to include something my skin hates.

I'm sad to break up with this longtime friend in my bathroom but friends aren't supposed to hurt each other.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2012 10:58:00 PM More reviews by shoshana25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do not have acne prone skin, but I've never had perfect looking skin either. I remember as a child I hated using dove bar sopas because it use to leave me feeling greasy and just dirty. I rather enjoyed palmolive, Irish spring, caress and so forth. Recently I went to my local rite aid and picked up a couple of the dove bar soaps (travel size) because they were on sale. After a week of using the mini I became hooked. It smells so wonderful, creates wonderful lather, and leaves my thirsty skin feeling moisturized. I have noticed a significant difference in my skin's texture and complexion. My dark skin has such a beautiful glow to it. My BF even commented on my skin. I will continue to purchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2012 5:29:00 AM More reviews by Marie76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Buying this since I can remember.
It's what I use for washing my face when I travel to save me having to take a facial wash. It lathers loads but doesn't dry me. I know that "fragrance'' is bad for you, but I love the original fragrance, so that's the one I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 2:12:00 PM More reviews by mann2889h

Just one word for this product...WOW!!
i have very sensitive skin and i have been changing my face wash regularly almost every month but no results seen. From last 2 months i have been using dove beauty bar and the results are fantastic..!!! its just so prefect...perfect moisture perfect balance..
one thing is sure..m gonna buy this again & again n again...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I've been buying bath and body works body wash and lotions for the longest and now I feel like a sucker. I tried these dpve beauty bars on a whim while my work was having a sale. I heard dove sensitive skin beauty bar is good for acne prone skin. So I used it a hand full of times for my face and it clogged my pores. Although it did take off all traces of makeup and didn't strip my skin. So I stopped it as a facial wash and used it strictly for my body and wow it works so well. It has an amazing lather and cleans without stripping I haven't had to use body lotion since using this stuff and I keep having my bf touch my skin to feel how soft its gotten. Its also helped so well for getting rid of ingrown hairs and bumps on my legs and arms. I also tried the exfoliating bars and love that more than the sensitive skin. It has the little beads that help slightly with removing dead skin and really help with the ingrown hairs. Give it a try its worth the few bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by i3u2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love using this for my body. Smells clean and fresh and moisturizes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by cleo_satsweet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using the white beauty bar for years (I detest the scent of the others) and works well.
I normally use these during the winter tho since in the summer, I use olay to get rid of the sticky feeling (its humid where I live). These are also ok for the face since there are not too many irritating ingreidents. I also use them to shave my legs and gets my skin smooth.
But, I absolutely hate the dove bodywashes, they have me very bad breakouts where I nromally even dont breakout...ON MY ARMS!!! I will never use those again. Bar soap all the way for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 9:43:00 AM More reviews by underdreamskies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My grandma, my mom, and I have been using this soap for ever! I think the love runs in the family. We all love it and personally I know I have never purchased a different brand of bar soap, I've also never ever seen my mom purchase any brand other than Dove and at my grandma's house this is all I ever see... I sound a little crazy haha but I love this soap, it just feels luxurious. Everything else leaves my skin tight or just not as soft as this would, not to mention the smell of Dove beauty bars... Just love. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2012 8:59:00 AM More reviews by fictionalize

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I start my review, let me tell you about my skin. It's generally pretty bad, on my face and my body. I've always had eczema and it worsened when I hit puberty (I'm 19 now) and was really really difficult to keep under control, constantly itchy and after about a year I had scratched so badly that my arms, legs, back, and sometimes neck and face were perpetually covered in open raw sores and wounds. I also got keratosis pilaris and granuloma annulare. Pretty gross, I know, bear with me. Additionally, I had really gross acne and oily skin. Also around the time I hit puberty, a whole menagerie of mental diseases reared their ugly heads, which I tell you because I developed obsessive compulsive tendencies that manifested themselves in the form of skin scratching and picking.
... Let's just say Middle School wasn't the most fun.
Somewhere along the line I went to a dermatologist and had my skin blasted with corticosteroids, which helped enormously. I also slowly started getting my anxiety under control, which definitely helped the condition of my skin. The skin on my face is still pretty bad and scarred, but the condition of my body skin, though far from perfect, is exponentially better. I'm almost 20 now.

During the process of trying to heal my skin, I tried lots and lots of soaps and body washes to find one that would work for my skin. I always scrubbed at my skin intensely, being a little fixated on getting it clean. At some point, I tried Dove. I like the smell a lot but at first found it slightly drying. Then I figured something out which has been an absolute blessing to my skin: it doesn't need as much washing as one might think! I use Dove to clean "key areas" and wash dirt of at the end of my long workday & commute / schoolday, and I find that it has actually improved my skin's condition, leaving it clean but not too dry and it never irritates. I sometimes also use it on my face, but not always. It's ok and it doesn't make my acne worse, but I'm too fickle/too much of a skincare addict to stick to one thing. However, I haven't stopped using Dove on my body every day since I started using it, and have repurchased at least 4 times. It's cheap, it smells good but doesn't linger, and something about using it makes me feel good about myself, a little old-school and not exactly sexy but clean and "wholesome". I can't credit Dove alone with turning my skin around (and it really did turn around), but using Dove soap was definitely part of it.

If you have skin that sounds like mine, I have two pieces of advice. The first is definitely to see a dermatologist as soon as you possibly can. It's worth it, trust me. The second is to be kind to your skin--being kind to your skin is a step towards being kind to yourself. For me, this involves using Dove. Dove isn't a miracle product, but used in a way that's right for you, it can come pretty damn close.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No