August 21, 2014 | 1005 users online

Cleansers - MD Forte - Facial Cleanser II

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2003 7:14:00 PM More reviews by yoganurse

This is the best exfoliating cleanser I've ever used. It's a truly effective product. I do alternate every other day with a non-glycolic cleanser so as not to be too harsh with my skin but I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2003 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Lyric311

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is my HG Cleanser. It's creamy, yet rinses clean. The bottle lasts me a year or so. I use this 2-3 times a week. I highly reccomend all MD Forte products. Another HG of mine is the Glycolic Lotion II. You only need the tinest amount. Keeps my pores totally clear, well, except for my nose.... it allways a couple blackheads. :(

EDITED: I have used this cleanser ( a few times a week ) for over 2 years now. Nothing else makes my skin look so clear and radiant. It never burns and never strips my skin of oils. This is certainly a brand that I trust. I don't believe there are any "bad" products in this line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2003 2:03:00 AM More reviews by woodstock

This is the best glycolic facial cleanser I've tried. It contains 20% glycolic compounds which is equivalent to 12% glycolic acid. The AHA contents surprisingly didn't sting my eye, not like the DDF, Jan Marini, Mario Badescu that sting my eye badly. Moreover, it rinse clean. Just becareful to use it correctly, you have to apply it on dry skin. If you applied it on damp/wet skin, you can't rinse clean.

Edit (1-30-2004): I prefer level I cleanser more as level II seems too strong for me in a long run.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Glycolic Acid (and) Ammonium Glycolate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Sorbitol, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2003 11:51:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is wonderful and I am currently finishing it up and plan on moving to the Cleanser III. I do not have any problems washing off the cleanser. My dermatologist pointed out that the company made this a cleanser and toner in one, and the softening effect may be misconstrued to be residue. Those with sensitive skin should not write this product off- it is great and really evens out and brightens the skin, whether your condition is acne-prone, age spots, or even if you have near perfect skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2003 12:29:00 PM More reviews by jenofmydreams

This works very well--It exfoliates and keeps my somewhat acne prone skin clear.

BUT I WISH THAT THEY WOULD MAKE A FORMULA THAT I WOULDN'T HAVE TO SCRUB OFF WITH A WASHCLOTH.

The packaging is a little annoying, I wish they would also get with the times and make something a little more user-friendly. That little white dome-thing always comes unglued.

* * * UPDATE * * *

I have stopped using this cleanser in favor of Eucerin's Clear Skin line. I just got tired of having to always scrub it off. Looking back, it was just o.k. Eucerin is cheaper and does the job for me without the hassles.