OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 11/21/2005 8:50:00 AM

I adore this colour...quite close to Edin-burgundy and Chick Flick Cherry, which are all gorgeous. Everyone seems to have hit the colour descriptions on the head. Such a classy, glam red which just gleams. Guys seem to like it too...last time I wore it, a cute rockstar told me my nails looked totally sexy, which can never be a bad thing, right girls? ;)

on 11/8/2005 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I picked this out at the salon for my pedicure-- I love red polish against PPP skin, and deep crimsons look better on me than bright tomato reds. It is usual OPI quality-- great shine, opacity, and wear. I took off a lippie simply because the color is pretty, but not that special. Most companies make a deep, true crimson like this one.

on 10/26/2005 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Bought this because of the steller reviews and I'm not disappointed! It is such a sophisticated red, deep and blue-based, which keeps it from looking tacky, even on my longish nails. I'm also very warm-toned, so I would imagine if it looks good on me, this color works with all skin tones. I'm finding OPI wears pretty well with the right base and top coat -- it's Day 3 and this still looks great.

on 10/18/2005 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

just love it on toes and for classy & glamourous days on tips. very stylish for my cool ppp skin.

on 9/29/2005 2:56:00 PM

A gorgeous blue-based red creme that is the OPI equivalent to Essie's much-loved Bordeaux. This is a wonderful color for my cool-toned PPP complexion and it looks equally great on tips or toes. It's a refined red with wine/berry tones and a fantastic staple color. All that being said, I prefer Essie's Bordeaux because it "pops" just a bit more and has more depth than Malaga Wine. Essie's formula also lasts better on my nails than OPI. In a head to head contest, Bordeaux wins. However, if you are an OPI lover/Essie hater, get Malaga Wine.

on 9/11/2005 9:50:00 PM

This is a blue-based dark, wine-tinged red creme. Outdoors in the sunlight it looks more red and somewhat bright, not bright enough to be considered garish though. I prefer this color on my toes, but it does look classy on short tips.

on 8/24/2005 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful wine color. Just the shade I was looking for to achieve that sophisticated look on my nails, rather than the usual french manicure. The only reason not to repurchase is the fact that I never purchased in the first place, but rather had my nails done in the salon. Another great thing, this polish lasts alot longer than your leading nailpolish, such as Jessica or Wet 'N Wild.

on 8/11/2005 3:47:00 PM

I initially tried this in the winter when I was a lot paler and thought, "eh, another dark red polish..." I put it away since I own a few that are darker and more dramatic and looked better with my skintone. But I was casting about for a toe color the other day and unearthed this. "Double Decker Red", my initial choice, was too garish and orange-y with my tan, but "Malaga Wine" turns out to be a gorgeous, sexy, classic red (blue-based crimson) against my tanned feet. It's dark enough not to scream, "Toes!", but vibrant enough to stand up to my deeper/warmer skintone. It also has a great, lustrous finish (no shimmer) and the same pigmentation, staying power, etc. that OPI polishes have. Great color--highly recommended for MMM.

on 7/5/2005 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous, deep, rich wine color. (I also like - and slightly prefer Bogota Blackberry - but this is very close.) Long-lasting rich color as OPI always delivers. MUST TRY!

on 7/5/2005 3:41:00 PM