October 23, 2014 | 1926 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2005 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a blue-based dark, wine-tinged red creme. Outdoors in the sunlight it looks more red and somewhat bright, not bright enough to be considered garish though. I prefer this color on my toes, but it does look classy on short tips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2005 7:07:00 AM More reviews by TearzKim

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful wine color. Just the shade I was looking for to achieve that sophisticated look on my nails, rather than the usual french manicure. The only reason not to repurchase is the fact that I never purchased in the first place, but rather had my nails done in the salon. Another great thing, this polish lasts alot longer than your leading nailpolish, such as Jessica or Wet 'N Wild.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I initially tried this in the winter when I was a lot paler and thought, "eh, another dark red polish..." I put it away since I own a few that are darker and more dramatic and looked better with my skintone. But I was casting about for a toe color the other day and unearthed this. "Double Decker Red", my initial choice, was too garish and orange-y with my tan, but "Malaga Wine" turns out to be a gorgeous, sexy, classic red (blue-based crimson) against my tanned feet. It's dark enough not to scream, "Toes!", but vibrant enough to stand up to my deeper/warmer skintone. It also has a great, lustrous finish (no shimmer) and the same pigmentation, staying power, etc. that OPI polishes have. Great color--highly recommended for MMM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A gorgeous, rich, deep wine in a great OPI formulation that is truly chip resistant. I happen to prefer Bogota Blackberry for my skin-tone - but Malaga Wine is a definite must-try as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous, deep, rich wine color. (I also like - and slightly prefer Bogota Blackberry - but this is very close.) Long-lasting rich color as OPI always delivers. MUST TRY!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2005 8:31:00 AM More reviews by AussieNancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This polish is fab! OPI in general are great, and this colour in now a fav. Have had heaps of compliments on it and lots of my friends also want it. It's a creme that's quite intense, a kind of dark red/berry... like wine! Only downside is that you need to apply 3 coats or it looks a bit streaky. Oddly for a brignt red, it's hardly chipped! (topped with OPI Rapidry) If you're considering this, definitely go for it!! FYI I have light olive skin and it suits it perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

As usual, OPI delivers another fabulous product. Malaga Wine is a deep, creamy, blue based crimson. The best part is that it does not chip easily. I swear OPI is the best nail polish known to womankind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUA and you helpful posters for my finding this beautiful nail polish! I bought it this morning and just put it on - what a flawless shade of rich burgandy with no brown or orange in it; just a blue based deep red that is bright enough but not too bright. Typically good OPI quality - very shiny. I used base coat, 3 coats of this color, and a coat of Wet Look top coat that I get from Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by feona

Great color. Nice deep blue toned maroon, like a dark chianti, with no shimmer. Looks great in winter or summer! My favorite red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by shanghaisweetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is a lovely creamy blue-based wine shade - not my absolute favorite, but still a nice option for cold season tips and toes.