August 27, 2014 | 932 users online

Polishes - OPI - Malaga Wine

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2005 3:47:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

I initially tried this in the winter when I was a lot paler and thought, "eh, another dark red polish..." I put it away since I own a few that are darker and more dramatic and looked better with my skintone. But I was casting about for a toe color the other day and unearthed this. "Double Decker Red", my initial choice, was too garish and orange-y with my tan, but "Malaga Wine" turns out to be a gorgeous, sexy, classic red (blue-based crimson) against my tanned feet. It's dark enough not to scream, "Toes!", but vibrant enough to stand up to my deeper/warmer skintone. It also has a great, lustrous finish (no shimmer) and the same pigmentation, staying power, etc. that OPI polishes have. Great color--highly recommended for MMM.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 3:44:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

A gorgeous, rich, deep wine in a great OPI formulation that is truly chip resistant. I happen to prefer Bogota Blackberry for my skin-tone - but Malaga Wine is a definite must-try as well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2005 3:41:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a gorgeous, deep, rich wine color. (I also like - and slightly prefer Bogota Blackberry - but this is very close.) Long-lasting rich color as OPI always delivers. MUST TRY!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2005 8:31:00 AM More reviews by AussieNancy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This polish is fab! OPI in general are great, and this colour in now a fav. Have had heaps of compliments on it and lots of my friends also want it. It's a creme that's quite intense, a kind of dark red/berry... like wine! Only downside is that you need to apply 3 coats or it looks a bit streaky. Oddly for a brignt red, it's hardly chipped! (topped with OPI Rapidry) If you're considering this, definitely go for it!! FYI I have light olive skin and it suits it perfectly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2005 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Nikki_L

As usual, OPI delivers another fabulous product. Malaga Wine is a deep, creamy, blue based crimson. The best part is that it does not chip easily. I swear OPI is the best nail polish known to womankind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Thank you MUA and you helpful posters for my finding this beautiful nail polish! I bought it this morning and just put it on - what a flawless shade of rich burgandy with no brown or orange in it; just a blue based deep red that is bright enough but not too bright. Typically good OPI quality - very shiny. I used base coat, 3 coats of this color, and a coat of Wet Look top coat that I get from Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2005 6:38:00 PM More reviews by feona

Great color. Nice deep blue toned maroon, like a dark chianti, with no shimmer. Looks great in winter or summer! My favorite red.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2005 1:49:00 AM More reviews by shanghaisweetie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This really is a lovely creamy blue-based wine shade - not my absolute favorite, but still a nice option for cold season tips and toes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by kinipela

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NICE deep red, My fav red nail polish,LOVE LOVE LOVE....I rotate between this and I am not really a waitress

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2005 6:51:00 PM More reviews by JadedPlastic

Very sexy, cool-toned red polish. Wouldn't really describe it as "wine"; it's more of a deep-red or burgundy. Would probably look delicious against any skin-tone.