OPI Malaga Wine

4.7

on 10/26/2005 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Bought this because of the steller reviews and I'm not disappointed! It is such a sophisticated red, deep and blue-based, which keeps it from looking tacky, even on my longish nails. I'm also very warm-toned, so I would imagine if it looks good on me, this color works with all skin tones. I'm finding OPI wears pretty well with the right base and top coat -- it's Day 3 and this still looks great.

on 10/18/2005 12:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

just love it on toes and for classy & glamourous days on tips. very stylish for my cool ppp skin.

on 9/29/2005 2:56:00 PM

A gorgeous blue-based red creme that is the OPI equivalent to Essie's much-loved Bordeaux. This is a wonderful color for my cool-toned PPP complexion and it looks equally great on tips or toes. It's a refined red with wine/berry tones and a fantastic staple color. All that being said, I prefer Essie's Bordeaux because it "pops" just a bit more and has more depth than Malaga Wine. Essie's formula also lasts better on my nails than OPI. In a head to head contest, Bordeaux wins. However, if you are an OPI lover/Essie hater, get Malaga Wine.

on 9/11/2005 9:50:00 PM

This is a blue-based dark, wine-tinged red creme. Outdoors in the sunlight it looks more red and somewhat bright, not bright enough to be considered garish though. I prefer this color on my toes, but it does look classy on short tips.

on 8/24/2005 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Beautiful wine color. Just the shade I was looking for to achieve that sophisticated look on my nails, rather than the usual french manicure. The only reason not to repurchase is the fact that I never purchased in the first place, but rather had my nails done in the salon. Another great thing, this polish lasts alot longer than your leading nailpolish, such as Jessica or Wet 'N Wild.

on 8/11/2005 3:47:00 PM

I initially tried this in the winter when I was a lot paler and thought, "eh, another dark red polish..." I put it away since I own a few that are darker and more dramatic and looked better with my skintone. But I was casting about for a toe color the other day and unearthed this. "Double Decker Red", my initial choice, was too garish and orange-y with my tan, but "Malaga Wine" turns out to be a gorgeous, sexy, classic red (blue-based crimson) against my tanned feet. It's dark enough not to scream, "Toes!", but vibrant enough to stand up to my deeper/warmer skintone. It also has a great, lustrous finish (no shimmer) and the same pigmentation, staying power, etc. that OPI polishes have. Great color--highly recommended for MMM.

on 7/5/2005 3:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous, deep, rich wine color. (I also like - and slightly prefer Bogota Blackberry - but this is very close.) Long-lasting rich color as OPI always delivers. MUST TRY!

on 7/5/2005 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

on 7/1/2005 8:31:00 AM

This polish is fab! OPI in general are great, and this colour in now a fav. Have had heaps of compliments on it and lots of my friends also want it. It's a creme that's quite intense, a kind of dark red/berry... like wine! Only downside is that you need to apply 3 coats or it looks a bit streaky. Oddly for a brignt red, it's hardly chipped! (topped with OPI Rapidry) If you're considering this, definitely go for it!! FYI I have light olive skin and it suits it perfectly.

on 6/20/2005 4:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

As usual, OPI delivers another fabulous product. Malaga Wine is a deep, creamy, blue based crimson. The best part is that it does not chip easily. I swear OPI is the best nail polish known to womankind.

Top Rated OPI Products