December 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2004 6:43:00 PM More reviews by SSmith0385

OH MY GOODNESS! I am in LOOOOVE! This was literally the very first product that I EVER completely finished and repurchased. I am now on my FIFTH compact. (Ok, so one shattered..) I have oily, acne prone skin and this is my HG powder. I literally like it better than the chanel powder I was using before. I have never had problems with it breaking me out, and I use it to set oiler foundations (I use Studio tech sometimes, when I need more coverage, and this product keeps it from sliding off!) I am not a huge fan of the packaging, but hey, it's drugstore you know? This is, by the way, one of only two drugstore products I use. (The other is Maybelline Wetshine diamonds liquid in Pink Diamonds)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2004 4:21:00 PM More reviews by agnescow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The "Golden" color is wonderful for camoflaging the red areas of my nose and blemishes on my chin. When I powder it over my Almay Skin Stays Clean foundation, it completely hides the flaws. It's too thick for under the eyes, though. It doesn't make my acne worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2004 8:29:00 PM More reviews by BlueSpark

O my Gawd! This broke me out terrible and looked very fake on skin! Just...blah! I must admit that it controlls oil well, but that is because it blocks the pores and lets them be cloged!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/22/2004 3:14:00 PM More reviews by fire_poppy

I have used the Shine Free Foundation before and liked it, so i thought i would try the matching poweder....Yikes! The powder made my face look super chalky. It also looked way too pale. The compact looks nice enough, but my puff came apart within a couple weeks, and the compact broke within a month. I'll stick to my Cover Girl Pressed Powders.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2004 9:10:00 PM More reviews by xLiLShOpAhOliCo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It controls my shine very well..although it gives me a little too much of a "powdery" look. I probably wouldn't buy again. The powder kind of spills everywhere also..

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although the reviews have been mixed, I decided to try the Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder. So far, I have had great results, and no problems with chalky color. I am caucasian, but with really tan skin right now, so I used the Carmel/tan color and it is a perfect match. The consistency has not been chalky for me at all and really evens out my skin tone. This has also been my best results with a "shine free/reducer" product so far. Instead of constant touch ups that my very oily skin usually requires (hourly!!), I find myself touching up twice a day after applying in the morning. Also, keep in mind that it is now summer in Hotlanta, and my skin has never been this oil free in the winter time! So far I am very impressed with this product, and if all goes as it has been, will definitely be re-purchasing. But my goodness Maybelline, lets get a new package!!!! I'm currently on the hunt for a cute container to de-pot this powder into! :)

UPDATE!! I now understand what everyone is saying about chalky. During the winter I had to go down 1 color level to Golden and it really has been less than great. I really don't even feel like i'm getting any coverage and just makes me look pale. Disappointed, but I might start using again when i'm tan enough to use tan/carmel as that color worked well. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by PartTimeAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this!!! the bests oil control powder i ever tryed!!! but i broke it the second day i got it....o well, i'll get it again cuz its so cheap and SO good

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 8:07:00 PM More reviews by luckynumba9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like how good it is at controlling shine on my oily acne prone skin, the only complaint i have is that the colors seem to be too yellow for me, which most powders/foundations are. but it is one of the best i've tryed, but i broke it the 2nd day after i got it! shame...i'll get it when i run out of my almay stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 5:00:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite drugstore powder, barnone. I always get Golden, which is one of the few powders I've found that is not orange in the slightest. It's nice & dry, and mattifies my face nicely. And all for $5. Woohoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this powder- I bought in golden, bc of the yellow undertone. Does a fine job of keeping my face matte.