July 29, 2014 | 1922 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Shine Free Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2004 9:10:00 PM More reviews by xLiLShOpAhOliCo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It controls my shine very well..although it gives me a little too much of a "powdery" look. I probably wouldn't buy again. The powder kind of spills everywhere also..

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2004 11:11:00 PM More reviews by parrottheadmd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Although the reviews have been mixed, I decided to try the Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder. So far, I have had great results, and no problems with chalky color. I am caucasian, but with really tan skin right now, so I used the Carmel/tan color and it is a perfect match. The consistency has not been chalky for me at all and really evens out my skin tone. This has also been my best results with a "shine free/reducer" product so far. Instead of constant touch ups that my very oily skin usually requires (hourly!!), I find myself touching up twice a day after applying in the morning. Also, keep in mind that it is now summer in Hotlanta, and my skin has never been this oil free in the winter time! So far I am very impressed with this product, and if all goes as it has been, will definitely be re-purchasing. But my goodness Maybelline, lets get a new package!!!! I'm currently on the hunt for a cute container to de-pot this powder into! :)

UPDATE!! I now understand what everyone is saying about chalky. During the winter I had to go down 1 color level to Golden and it really has been less than great. I really don't even feel like i'm getting any coverage and just makes me look pale. Disappointed, but I might start using again when i'm tan enough to use tan/carmel as that color worked well. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2004 5:02:00 PM More reviews by PartTimeAngel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like this!!! the bests oil control powder i ever tryed!!! but i broke it the second day i got it....o well, i'll get it again cuz its so cheap and SO good

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2004 8:07:00 PM More reviews by luckynumba9

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really like how good it is at controlling shine on my oily acne prone skin, the only complaint i have is that the colors seem to be too yellow for me, which most powders/foundations are. but it is one of the best i've tryed, but i broke it the 2nd day after i got it! shame...i'll get it when i run out of my almay stuff.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 5:00:00 AM More reviews by LittleNesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite drugstore powder, barnone. I always get Golden, which is one of the few powders I've found that is not orange in the slightest. It's nice & dry, and mattifies my face nicely. And all for $5. Woohoo!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2004 5:26:00 PM More reviews by radekal19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this powder- I bought in golden, bc of the yellow undertone. Does a fine job of keeping my face matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2004 11:09:00 PM More reviews by amigreatorwhat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i got this product a few days ago, and I like it. it does its job,and it's easy to apply. i would probably get it again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2003 10:14:00 PM More reviews by secondadonna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was an impulse buy because the Ivory looked very light in the store. It is, too - it's almost a light yellow as opposed to a skintone, which is an interesting option. It prevents that increasingly-orange tone I've gotten in the past from powder touchups. It's also a VERY dry formulation, without any of the waxiness I sometimes get from pressed powders. A little goes a long way and it's very, very matte. Some might not like it but for me it's a great summer shine-killer. The dry slightly crumbly texture is anything but glamourous though, and the compact is hideous (big blue square). I'm not sure I'll repurchase but I think I'll be hard-pressed to find something better that's this affordable.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2003 8:54:00 PM More reviews by claudia945

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Shine Free Pressed Powder in Soft Cameo for the first time, unfortunately dropping it on the bathroom tiles and had to repurchase- it shattered completely, only after 10 or so applications. Very disappointing, so prepurchased in 'Natural Beige'- a slightly darker shade which was more suited to my skin, (more tanned in summer). Impressed with this great powder- value for money (AU$15), very light, almost translucent shades that glide on easily and mattify well. My t-zone is shine free (to an extent) for about 3 hours in summer, and most of the day during winter. Needs to be applied carefully, as being heavy handed will result in very obvious powder 'creases' and speckles of loose powder if not blended. Packaging is functional but not exactly glamorous, and comes with the standard thin powder puff. I use this for every day, or a big brush for special occasions. Whatever, both create same-ish effect. Overall, a lovely light powder, sheer and natural with a soft, matte effect, good value and you should get many applications out of it; just don't drop the damn thing

Damnit this powder cracked and broke in my bad without me even dropping it. What a bummer. It's a great powder apart from the cracking. Now i've lost two without even using a qaurter of the product

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2003 7:48:00 AM More reviews by gummybug

I have it in Ivory. A bit too light for me right now, but it was the perfect shade when I got it.

I can't say it's good or bad -- it gets the job done, but I'm not wowed. I'll probably never get it again. If I'll get an average powder I might as well get one in a prettier compact. :-P