December 19, 2014 | 1484 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by itsjustme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

please understand this is great, I honestly feel people who say it is not must either be onto a really good primer that costs like 50 quidies or not using it properly. It is a creamy white primer and when applied it should be coated over the lashes completely.I find the key is not to apply the mascara straight away or it will just take off some of the primer on your mascara brush so you do not get the full effect. However, you must also not let it dry or it will be clump-o-rama and make lashes feel brittle and mascara will not apply evenly. What I do is apply primer on 1 eye then the other, then quickly zig zag the base returning to the first eye and then do the second. There is a noticeable difference when I use this, my lashes are so long that once I went to Oxford street london and no lie, everyone kept stopping me to tell me I had beautiful eyes. Once I ran out of this and I made my boyfriend run to a department store (I live in Knightsbrige, London...PHEEWWW) to get me 1 as I refused to go out. This is how much this primer means to me, it is a necessity. I am not even lying when I say I have dreams and even in my dreams I am wearing this.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2010 7:41:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you have a few mascaras lying around that clump, make your lashes dry, or don't do the things that they promise to do, you can avoid throwing them in the dustbin by using this primer! After using this, the mascara glides on so easily and my lashes look much longer, no clumps no flaking. I think I will use this forever. The packaging isn't very high quality but the brush is good, and since it's only a primer I find it good that it doesn't take up too much space in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by bren81

I used to use this when it first came out. I think this was probably the first mascara primer that came out in the market. As a mascara junkie, I just had to try it out. Well, I didn't have anything else to compare it to, except the case of applying mascara without a primer. It does add length and volume compared to wearing mascara alone. However, I wasn't impressed how this base turned my black mascara grey. So once I discovered etude mascara fixer, I never went back to this product. Fast forward to early April, 2010, I received a 15% coupon for being VIB at Sephora and wanted to try Shiseido's mascara primer (I tried this as well years ago and thought it was just okay. But after reading raving reviews at MUA, I wanted to give it another try). Shiseido primer is also quite pricy but with 15% coupon, I thought why not. Well, it was out of stock... So the SA gave me a sample of Lancome's Cils Booster as an alternative.

I think she did the right thing because I really like it! I tried it with all my mascaras that I'm rotating with (I have about 5 tubes open at all times...) and surprisingly it really works well with Loreal's Voluminous mascara. Voluminous was a bit of a let down for me because it is so wet and clumps easy. But this cils booster totally saved that mascara. It adds good length and volume and separates my lashes. Curl-holding wise, it is not as good as my etude (that's why I don't think I will re-purchase this...) and it flakes less! And most importantly, it doesn't turn gray!!!! Etude mascara fixer is still my No1 but I can't get them in Canada. So in a pinch, now I know where to go for an alternative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by Shayron

Never thought I needed a primer before and by GWP's I ended up with two different brands to sample. It actually works pretty well by separating your lashes so mascara doesn't clump them together. I alternate between this and Lauder's primer. Who ever has the best freebie with purchase gets the sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by flonkerton

Good primer. Prevents mascara from flaking, keeps lashes separate. A bit of a curling effect too. But the thing about it being so good at preventing mascara from flaking is that it makes it really hard to take the product off.

My mascara sometimes refuses to budge even after all my eyeliner and foundation has been removed. I suppose this wouldn't be an issue if you just used the Bi-Facil makeup remover, but my eyes are sensitive to those kinds of eye makeup remover.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2010 7:12:00 AM More reviews by kriek

This was my first mascara base, and I am really satisfied with it. I felt the difference of Lancome Clis Booster. I have longer lashes and no clumps anymore :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2010 7:10:00 PM More reviews by BreAnn21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had been using the Shiseido Lash Base and love that product. It had run out and I had gotten this in a gwp from Lancome. I finally got around to using it and I absolutely love it. I found it made my mascara go on less clumpy and gave my lashes volume and length. I even was using it under my new dollarstore Azia mascara. I definately rec this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2010 6:42:00 AM More reviews by gloomyle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Brought this along with lancome definicils mascara, unfortunately this product does not hold curls well and makes it flop down within 5 mins.
It looks good when you first apply it to the lashes making it thicker and longer but it does not hold well.
I prefer clinique lash primer over this product. But the shiseido mascara base is my HG.
Price was about 19

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 6:01:00 PM More reviews by rose919

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

this is my first mascara primer, bought it on sale so the price was acceptable.
My experience is, that it makes my Hypnose easier to apply without any clumps. My lashes also look fuller with this. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 10:00:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

There's a reason there's a 70% repurchase rate (at the time of this review).

Been using Cils XL forever and it makes a huge difference no matter your mascara ..... was a die hard Cils XL and Diorshow girl for at least two years (a record).

But the new Oscillation primer is the absolute bomb, and if you can spare a few extra bucks, it's like Cils XL squared. Double the bang of this baby, and that's saying a lot.

I know a lot of people have trashed the whole oscillating thang, but it really is worth the money for special occasions.

Cils XL is the best if you want to stay in this price point.

Caution: if you can get a tube of the Oscillation just once, you may not go back.