October 24, 2014 | 1209 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 11:43:00 PM More reviews by aprlgrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Is a must have brush if u want to pack on colors on ur eye lid. I don't know until this long what I was missing til I got this brush...a must have...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Paulchen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this for placing paint pots and shadow on the eyelid. also perfect to line the lower lashline or smudge out liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 10:29:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Awesome brush worth every cent! The bristles are soft, yet firm and this brush preforms like no other brush I have ever used on the lid! Fantastic brush for packing on colour, minimizing fall out, and help shadows look rich and opaque. The 239 is sturdy, well made, washes easily, retains it's shape, and no shedding. Highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2010 9:36:00 PM More reviews by tawnyinthepink03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This brush picks up pigments better than any other brush I own! I use this almost daily. It is definitely a 'go to' brush for me. This paired with the MAC 217 makes the most beautiful eyes come to life when applying e/s!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 7:17:00 PM More reviews by bebemonte

First I was too cheap to buy this brush and got the supposed dupe Maxine Mop by Loewell Cornell. I finally broke down and bought two 329s for light and dark shadows and the difference is HUGE!
Makes eye shadows look so much smoother and opaque then other brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 7:41:00 PM More reviews by MAClovaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like all MAC brushes, it is a little expensive, but you get what you paid for. I use the 239 EVERYDAY for shadows and pigments. The hair is soft but firm. The ONLY thing I do not like about this brush is that mine specifically, the MAC number and logo faded within a few washes, and has done that on another brush of mine, it bugs me but whatevs I know its real so I guess it doesnt matter if it says it or not. The 239 is perfect for all over lid coverage. Its one of my favourite brushes :) I would re buy and I will re buy once I buy the brushes I dont have yet :) I would recommend for everyone

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by abusleb

Not bad compared to most of what's out there...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 5:22:00 AM More reviews by Mandibulo

Hands-down the absolute best shader brush Mac has to offer. Packs on color effortlessly, making it look rich and opaque. Ideal for dark smoky looks when you need intensity rather than softness (talking about the lid, not the crease). Works great on the bottom lashline as well as it applies color in a perfect "smoky" line - not too thick, not too thin, not too crisp, not too diffused. This is guaranteed to give you the best, truest color payoff possible. If you don't get it, it's probably due to poor pigmentation, not the brush. Just as important in my collection as my 217, and worth every penny. Will repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2010 2:46:00 PM More reviews by AnneMargrethe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted a new eyeshadow brush, and I didn't know which to get, so I ask one of the sales women at Mac, who recommended this one. When I heard the price I was like, wow thats a lot for a make up brush! But now that I have used it for a while, I don't regret it! I love the way this one does well with all of my eye shadows, no mather which brand. I used clear nail polish on the handle, to restore the name and number, Every one should have one of these!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by tinks13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To be honest I think this product is a bit overrated. I find the hairs soak up too much eyeshadow and because it's not firm the eyeshadow just sits between the bristles and therefore doesn't glide onto your eyelid like most other brushes. For 19.50 it was overly expensive considering that for me it doesn't even do a standard job let alone an amazing one. I was really disappointed with this brush as there's is so much fuss around mac brushes and this was the first mac brush ever bought.

On the positive side I can tell it will absolutely last forever providing that it's cared for properly. The handle is strong and firm as is the metal part; both made of high quality.