MAC # 239 Eye Shader Brush

4.7

on 1/3/2011 8:33:00 AM

My HG eye brush. Use it EVERY DAY should own two because I would not know what to do without it. How I ever managed to properly apply eyeshadow to the lid of my eye is beyond me but since owning this brush for the past several years I cannot emphasize the difference it has made to the look of my eyes. I think MAC brushes are the absolute benchmark for brushes and I have tried all the high end brushes out there. I like some Sigma brushes but they are not, in my opinion, as consistently excellent at the MAC ones. They seldom shed, make application of any make up seemless if used correctly and when I use the 239 brush to pat on eyeshadow over say the soft ochr paint pot, my eyes look fantastic. Spend the money. It is so well worth it.

on 1/3/2011 7:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I can't agree more with the positive reviews about this brush. It is so soft and dense and the perfect size - even though I have reasonably small eyelids. It is an expensive brush and you may convince yourself that your current brush is fine - but once you've tried the MAC 239, you realize how bad your brush actually was!

on 1/2/2011 8:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

239 is one of few must haves in my brush collection. it's my favorite brush to pack color on the lid. The bristles are soft and dense, picks up the right amount of pigment every single time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would repurchase this brush in a minute. Actually, I wouldn't mind having multiple 239 Brushes! This eyeshadow brush does a fantastic job applying and blending color without being too harsh. I'm very satisfied at how soft this brush is and how easy it is to clean.

on 12/22/2010 11:43:00 PM

Is a must have brush if u want to pack on colors on ur eye lid. I don't know until this long what I was missing til I got this brush...a must have...

on 12/22/2010 9:57:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Love this for placing paint pots and shadow on the eyelid. also perfect to line the lower lashline or smudge out liner.

on 12/21/2010 10:29:00 PM

Awesome brush worth every cent! The bristles are soft, yet firm and this brush preforms like no other brush I have ever used on the lid! Fantastic brush for packing on colour, minimizing fall out, and help shadows look rich and opaque. The 239 is sturdy, well made, washes easily, retains it's shape, and no shedding. Highly recommend!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

This brush picks up pigments better than any other brush I own! I use this almost daily. It is definitely a 'go to' brush for me. This paired with the MAC 217 makes the most beautiful eyes come to life when applying e/s!

on 12/8/2010 7:17:00 PM

First I was too cheap to buy this brush and got the supposed dupe Maxine Mop by Loewell Cornell. I finally broke down and bought two 329s for light and dark shadows and the difference is HUGE!
Makes eye shadows look so much smoother and opaque then other brushes.

on 12/1/2010 7:41:00 PM

Like all MAC brushes, it is a little expensive, but you get what you paid for. I use the 239 EVERYDAY for shadows and pigments. The hair is soft but firm. The ONLY thing I do not like about this brush is that mine specifically, the MAC number and logo faded within a few washes, and has done that on another brush of mine, it bugs me but whatevs I know its real so I guess it doesnt matter if it says it or not. The 239 is perfect for all over lid coverage. Its one of my favourite brushes :) I would re buy and I will re buy once I buy the brushes I dont have yet :) I would recommend for everyone

Video Reviews & Tutorials