August 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Cleansers - Fancl - Mild Cleansing Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by SilverGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my fave mu remover, it is fabulous! it cleanse very well, removing all stubborn makeup with just 1 or 2 pump.

It doesn't feel oily at all and is gentle for the skin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by JC1976

I am so bummed. I really wanted this to work. I've been trying different oils since huge changes in my skin condition: OoO Foaming Face wash went from HG to complete disaster after I turned 31 and stopped BCP.

This was my 3rd oil - Shu clear oil was drying and led to white heads, Shu orange oil gave me cycstic acne.

Alas, it wasn't meant to be. Fancl oil feels great on. As I massage into my face it warms up, and I love how it lathers during rinse out. However I started breaking out on my neck, which never happened before. I gave this oil 2 months to work before writing this review so I am pretty confident it's not for me. Too bad I still have 50% of the bottle left.

I am on to Kose Softymo Deep Clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2008 11:38:00 AM More reviews by swannie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a great product for removing light to moderate make-up. It is not too harsh on your face, and it is effective in removing mascara, even those waterproof ones (no unnecessary falling out of eyelashes which happens when I use eye make-up remover and have to kinda scrub at my eyelashes. With this I only have to kinda massage it gently in. Wee~!) But you have to use the product at least twice sometimes so that all the mascara would be gone. However its not really good for heavy make-up; still need to use an eye make-up remover to remove those falsies and all and it doesn't remove eyelash glue well. Another thing is that if you use it while still wearing your lenses (I wear hard lens), it tends to blur the lenses and you can't really see properly after. Otherwise I think its a pretty good make-up remover thats not too harsh on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2008 6:48:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a very good cleansing oil as I can remove WP mascara easily. It simply melts everything off! Also, this is oil is thicker in texture than Sofina's and Shu's. It takes me longer time to emulsify as well.

However, this left my face a bit dry, especially my cheeks which were just normal and without any flakes while I was trying this. The other problem I have with this product is the smell even though I know their claims of no preservatives and additives stuffs. The smell is so chemical to me which I find irritating unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 9:14:00 AM More reviews by actionwoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried Shu Uemura's, Shiseido's and DHS's cleansing oils and found something wrong with each of them. I happened to walk past a Fancl shop on my way home and decided to try their oil and am glad I did.

It's not as expensive as Shu Uemura or Shiseido and I found that it mixes more easily with water than the other two, which makes rinsing easier.

Shu Uemura's oil left my skin dry and irritated (I tried two different formulas with the same result) and Shiseido has such a strong scent. The DHC sample I tried seemed like nothing more than olive oil.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by calypso_nymph

I tried this after reading the multiple raves on MUA and I'm so glad I did! I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone. Because of this, I've always hesitated at trying cleansing oils. But this product is perfect - it doesn't make my skin more oily and it does not leave it dry either, like many cleansers out there. I also like how it has an exfoliating effect. My skin recently became flaky when I tried a Dermalogica serum that dried out my skin, and a good massage with this cleansing oil took out all the dead skin. I'm so glad I found this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2008 11:48:00 AM More reviews by Sweetie1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It was great for a week--it did take off all of my foundation and it did wash off completely. I only needed one pump to cleanse my face and the consistency is a bit thicker compared to other cleansing oils, a big plus since runnier oils tend to go down my fingers (waste of product) way before applying to face. I found that no preservatives in this product is a good thing for my sensitive skin--no irritation during or after I used it. The second week was not so good though. I developed so many breakouts and it made my face sooo dry (my skin is normally oily this time of year)! I don't know...I just don't have luck with cleansing oils.

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Polyglyceryl-10 Diisostearate, Polyglyceryl-20 Hexacaprylate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, Dextrin Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by meow730

I'm on my second bottle of this product and I love how it removes all makeup and waterproof mascara. My eyes do get a bit blurry when the product gets into the eyes, but it doesn't hurt or sting at all. It also hasn't given me pimples on my combination skin (oily T zone). My skin feels really soft after using this product, even softer than before I use this product. But I follow this cleanser with another gentle cleanser (Spectro Jel) to make sure all the oil is washed off from my face. I don't really care about the expiry date, I used the same bottle for about 2 years (i didn't use it everyday during those 2 years) before I could finish it. It was as effective on the last day as the first day.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by Avi

I have used many cleasing oils be4, this one is the best for winter, more gentle than shu uemura ones but still makes my eyes a bit uncomfortable. I'm not using it now but will consider to buy it when I finish my L'occitane one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Winte16

This makeup remover is one of the best that I've tried. I love that it removes most of my makeup if not all. It does get a little annoying cause it blurs my eyes when I get it around it. I follow this cleanser with the facial cleansing powder or another mild cleanser.