December 20, 2014 | 1333 users online

Brows - BeneFit Cosmetics - Brow-Zing in Medium

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2007 7:23:00 PM More reviews by serrabird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If there is one thing I hate more than pinkish streaky foundation clumsily smeared on too pale a skin, it is those carefully 'drawn' red-brown eyebrows...If only they knew they looked only slightly better than a sub-trainee clown...
I really like this set because it gives you a very natural filling-in and definition to sparse or misplucked eyebrows. It tidies them up very nicely and gives just a hint of colour, not unstylish greasy lines.
However, I am pretty sure the guys at Benefit never ever put their hands on this packaging before it was put on the market, as it is literally impossible to open it (the sliding film approach DOES work btw, genius, angelyshis :)) and the brushes are horribly dysfunctional. Get your own proper brushes from Mac or Bobbi Brown to get a proper use out of it. Other than that, it stays on all day, doesn't interfere with the rest of the makeup and the colours are very natural.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 5:08:00 AM More reviews by angelyshis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

While leaving Macy's one day a very nice MA stopped me to show me this product. I was so impressed with the completed look, natural yet pulled together that I bought this very expensive product. I like how she mixed the wax and powder. It has taken me some time to get it right, but I think I've got it now and it is so much more natural looking than the dark brown eyeshadow that I was using on my brows before. I deducted a lippie as the packaging is so impossible to open that some mornings I don't have time to fight to open it and revert to my old shadow in the interest of time. Also the brushes and tweezers are utterly useless, I threw them out as when I do manage to get the product open these just fly out. Benefit, please hear our cry about the awful packaging!
UPDATE ON EASY OPENING OF THIS PRODUCT** I found a trick that always works and that doesn't break my nails. Take the clear plastic insert from any new makeup product, slide it inbetween the top and bottom portions on the side of the compact, then while it is still in the compact, slide it around to the front where the 'catch' is and voila!! It will unlatch and open. YAY!!
UPDATE** I have deducted more lippies. The wax in this is great, I apply eith a spooley brush, but the powder fades so quickly. After just a couple hours my brows are gone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this product. It has a wax and a powder. I like to mix it before applying, a trick a makeup artist taught me. I am very fair skinned but still use the Medium because it makes my eyes stand out more with darker eyebrows. Its pretty expensive though, but I've had mine for about 8 months and have barely made a dent. I still think I have another year or two before its out! So I think after you average out the cost, it pays for itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2007 10:40:00 PM More reviews by Bratt_the_Catt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Loved this when I was growing my brows out. It is easy to apply and handy to take anywhere. Looks really natural. I think next time I will get "light" since going back to my natural blonde hair.

The package is hard to open sometimes, the brushes suck (get mucky and are super tiny!) and so do the tweezers.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by eyerish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Arg, I wanted to love this! Unfortunately the product didn't do much for me...here's a couple of reasons...
1. The packaging...although it looks nice and cute and compact it was freaking hard to open (it may have just been mine...but I wouldn't repurchase it purely b/c I had to have my husband pry it open every time!)
2. The tweezers...such a novel and good idea...but the tweezers sucked! They're cheaply made and although nice for travel...when the heck do I ever care that much to do my eyebrows while traveling lol. So although it sounds good...I couldn't actually tweeze many brows because they don't grab at all.
3. The wax and coordinating color were just "eh" to me. I think there's much better products out there that make the brows stay and although I liked the color...it didn't seem to stay long at all...just so mediocre for the price

Sorry gals! Just wasn't a fan =(

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2007 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahlovesmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I seriously don't know how I lived without this. I think brow zings look so much more natural than using a pencil, plus it is so easy to use and incredibly compact. I think I am hooked for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by BeautifulBrunette

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product so much!!!

I have very dark brown hair, almost black, but my eyebrows are very sparse and light. I've been using this product since my freshman year of high school, and I don't know what I'd do without it! It REALLY brings my look together. If I don't have a lot of time to to get ready in the morning, I do foundation, maybe concealer, mascara, and BrowZings. That's it!

It lasts all day with barely any touching up. Plus I really love how natural it looks, unlike pencils or just powder alone.

Recently I switched from medium to light because I didn't realize the SA had given me the wrong color, lol. But surprisingly, it still works pretty well. It's a little bit lighter than I would like, but if I put a little more of the powder on top, it looks just fine.

My one gripe about this product is that the compact breaks easily when dropped, and sometimes the brushes get grimey and can get lost easily.

EDIT: I've since noticed that this shade clashes with my hair color...the wax doesn't seem to have red in it, but the powder? Ohhh man! DEFINITE reddish-brown color...I actually had a guy point out to me once that my brows didn't match my hair! (Sephora lists Medium as being for medium brown and red hair.) I've been using Revlon's Brow Fantasy pencil in Dark Brown to compensate, but since my hair lightens up during the summer to more of a medium reddish brown, I will hold onto until then. Maybe by this winter I will try out the Dark shade even though I always thought it looked too dark. Also, this stuff does NOT work well over BE foundation unless I apply the wax before my foundation. Otherwise it balls up and flakes off. Maybe this is yet another sign that I should go back to Lancome foundation...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2007 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Bottles_Of_Blonde

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so happy to finally have this! Easily the best eye brow kit on the market. A great value and a lot of quality - the kit is a mirrored compact with a chocolatey colored wax, a medium brown powder, an angled brush, a round brush and a small pair of tweezers all for $29. I'm a bleach blonde and I use Medium to give a more natural, classic contrast to my brows which have been overplucked. I'd recommend medium for anyone with the exception of gingers and dark, cool toned brunettes.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2007 12:31:00 AM More reviews by tammyh

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Brow-zings-- and I like the tweezers, they are great if you travel! The waxy part is great-- but on my 2nd time of purchasing it, the wax wasn't normal-- Macy's was kind enough to exchange with no problem. I don't think the powder portion stays on too long, but I absolutely love it.... I highly recommend this to anyone-- even if you don't think you need "eyebrow control" or "I don't where eyebrow liner" this product is for EVERYONE-- even those natural look women. Everyone needs a little help now and then!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by GillFR

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think the product is great and with a small amount of practice it is easy to get a great result, whether going for a natural look to colour up brows for the day, or even to create a more glamorous and obvious brow.

I never use the brush supplied as it is way too small and cannot imagine why they bother putting tweezers in when there are plenty of good quality tweezers out there, maybe they could replace that with more product.

I always struggle opening the lid on this one, but often do with benefit products, but I am still a repeat buyer.