BeneFit Cosmetics Brow-Zing in Medium

4.2

on 12/7/2007 3:57:00 PM

I use this stuff everyday. It makes my eyebrows look great:)! The only thing that sucks is you have to buy the hard angle brush for this to truly work (the little brush that it comes with SUCKS!). Overall a great product for eyebrows!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this! It all depends on how you apply this to get it looking natural. Powder is just in my opinion more natural than a pencil when it comes to your brows. The waxy stuff goes on first, then the powder to set it. It's just made to make your eye brows fuller or to add a little length.

I don't use the angled brush that comes with it because i feel its too flimsy, so instead i use my own eye brow brush from Sephora. It also stays on all day. I get complements all the time on my brows and when i tell them i fill them in, they can't tell.

on 11/7/2007 7:48:00 PM

Not a good product for those who have few brows to work with in the first place.

on 11/4/2007 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

For reference, I'm an NC40 Asian with dark but very thin brows. Without Benefit's Brow-Zing my face looks washed out and tired with something missing. I'm very lucky to have discovered this product because now my eyes and cheeks stand out more. The product comes in a small black compact with a mini angled brush, a regular touch up brush and a mini tweezer. Before discovering Brow-zings I was always afraid to draw my brows in because it would look fake and cartoon-ish. I also tried filling them in with a dark powder and it didn't work also. Brow-Zing is able to fill in the sparse areas to make my brows fuller and defined with a natural look and color. You can hardly tell I put anything on. With Brow-Zing you get a wax and a light powder that you can mix to get the right color for your brows. A great investment, I can definitely use this every day.

on 10/14/2007 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My brows tend to be on the thicker side and the wax was just way too gummy for me. It felt very paste-like on and looked really fake. I think it's just too thick for brows like mine. But I did really like the mini-kit that comes with it since it's convenient to have the tweezers and the brush in one little kit.

on 10/12/2007 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for over two years,and still have a lot left. This is very easy to use and just makes my eyebrow looks better. Love it!

on 9/15/2007 7:23:00 PM

If there is one thing I hate more than pinkish streaky foundation clumsily smeared on too pale a skin, it is those carefully 'drawn' red-brown eyebrows...If only they knew they looked only slightly better than a sub-trainee clown...
I really like this set because it gives you a very natural filling-in and definition to sparse or misplucked eyebrows. It tidies them up very nicely and gives just a hint of colour, not unstylish greasy lines.
However, I am pretty sure the guys at Benefit never ever put their hands on this packaging before it was put on the market, as it is literally impossible to open it (the sliding film approach DOES work btw, genius, angelyshis :)) and the brushes are horribly dysfunctional. Get your own proper brushes from Mac or Bobbi Brown to get a proper use out of it. Other than that, it stays on all day, doesn't interfere with the rest of the makeup and the colours are very natural.

on 9/11/2007 5:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

While leaving Macy's one day a very nice MA stopped me to show me this product. I was so impressed with the completed look, natural yet pulled together that I bought this very expensive product. I like how she mixed the wax and powder. It has taken me some time to get it right, but I think I've got it now and it is so much more natural looking than the dark brown eyeshadow that I was using on my brows before. I deducted a lippie as the packaging is so impossible to open that some mornings I don't have time to fight to open it and revert to my old shadow in the interest of time. Also the brushes and tweezers are utterly useless, I threw them out as when I do manage to get the product open these just fly out. Benefit, please hear our cry about the awful packaging!
UPDATE ON EASY OPENING OF THIS PRODUCT** I found a trick that always works and that doesn't break my nails. Take the clear plastic insert from any new makeup product, slide it inbetween the top and bottom portions on the side of the compact, then while it is still in the compact, slide it around to the front where the 'catch' is and voila!! It will unlatch and open. YAY!!
UPDATE** I have deducted more lippies. The wax in this is great, I apply eith a spooley brush, but the powder fades so quickly. After just a couple hours my brows are gone!

on 9/6/2007 9:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this product. It has a wax and a powder. I like to mix it before applying, a trick a makeup artist taught me. I am very fair skinned but still use the Medium because it makes my eyes stand out more with darker eyebrows. Its pretty expensive though, but I've had mine for about 8 months and have barely made a dent. I still think I have another year or two before its out! So I think after you average out the cost, it pays for itself.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Loved this when I was growing my brows out. It is easy to apply and handy to take anywhere. Looks really natural. I think next time I will get "light" since going back to my natural blonde hair.

The package is hard to open sometimes, the brushes suck (get mucky and are super tiny!) and so do the tweezers.

Popular Brows Products