MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Looks very waxy and artificial on my sparse brows. When I wear this, I feel like Joan Crawford, and NOT in a good way! The SA said it was a good color for brunettes, but not this one. It's a tiny pencil, so it takes a while to fill in the brow; and then it does not look natural. If I use less, it looks patchy. I do not like this product at all.

on 6/28/2008 3:46:00 PM

I love this. It's very thin, so when you fill in your eyebrows, it look very natural and the color is perfect! It lasts for a long time (even when I take a shower or sleep in it). You have got to try this stuff!

Also, I would only recommend using this product if your eyebrows aren't incredibly thin/sparse. If they are, this probably won't work for you. It seems like this product was made to just fill in small patches or missing hair or to make your brows darker.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

So, I just discovered face powder and eyeshadow base (thank you MUA). Ive now discovered what its like to have eyebrows. I have a great brow bone but very sparse eyebrows. I use this to fill in (still working on technique) ane voila, my face is 'finished'. would have never even thought about this, if the MA, on the same trip to Saks (needed help with working a bright blue in corporate america, read my indianwood p/p review) about a week ago hadnt used this after working her magic on the blue shadow. Tried to use NYC pencil in brown (trying to break my MAC-addiction), but didnt look natural, this totally does. I forget Im wearing it, it looks so natural.

It would be shame not reviewing this fantastic product.

I have very light (inexistent?) eyebrows, tried different brands, this is the only one that is soooooooooooooo natural.

Easy to use (fool-proof), great texture, reasonable price.

Definitely life changing product: for the 1st time in 20+ years, I HAVE eyebrows!!!

Thansk MAC.

Thanks MUA - for being such a great source of reliable info!

on 5/20/2008 2:10:00 PM

Love! I have black hair & black eyebrows, but I still have the little spaces inbetween where my skin peaks through and it looks bad...I was using Clinique's eyebrow pencil in black (brown was tooo light) and the black just was too much and made me look like a clown (it also was smearing! ugh). After reading the reviews on this, I headed to the MAC counter to try it and I absolutely love it! It's funny because when I went I told the rep I wanted eyebrow pencil & she suggested the color Spiked, its a dark brown but not too dark to where it will make me look clownish like Clinique's did. I also love that its a pencil but you dont have to sharpen it and it isnt thick and smearing like Clinique's was. The ony complaint I have is that one you roll it up, you can't roll it back down so you have to be careful. Otherwise, it's a great product!

on 5/19/2008 10:04:00 PM

Fantastic product! The color matches my brows perfectly, the pencil is nice and thin for precise application, and the lasting power is amazing.
HG status for sure. I highly recommend!

on 5/7/2008 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this product!!!!! I reccomend it to anyone to fill in or finish eyebrows. The applicator is very thin so you can easily fill in your brows without them looking over done or drawn. Spiked is the perfect color for brunettes or people with dark brown hair. This is the only product I use on my brows. I tried a powder by Lorac but it didn't work and took too long to mix to get the right shade. This pencil is mechanical so you don't have to worry about sharpening.

on 4/28/2008 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

My HG eyebrow pencil! No matter how many brow pencils I try -- and I've tried MANY -- I always end up going back to this one. No other pencil has been able to give me a soft, natural look like this one. I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. ETA: Maybelline's Define-A-Brow is a pencil similar to this one that is worth looking into, as I find that I am just as happy with it for a fraction of the price of the MAC pencil.

on 3/27/2008 3:43:00 PM

Another one of my HGs. The MAC MA originally sold me Stud (I forgot the name "Spiked"). I looked up the reviews when I got home and realized I bought the wrong color. Exchanged for Spiked and was happy to find that it's a perfect match for my dark brown hair. I honestly think Stud would have given me a case of the "mean eyebrows." One pencil has lasted me 2 months so far. ..going to buy multiples!

on 3/14/2008 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok, so I overplucked long ago, and will not leave the house w/o brows. I love Mac but would not have previously considered with w/o the raves on MUA. I always hate twist ups, cause I need a good sharpened point to define, so I always pass them by. This stuff, however, is great!! It's fine enough that you really don't need a point, and I love to have super thin 20's style brows (though I go back and forth w/the natural filled in look). I highly recommend this product! The color is great (I'm PPP w/ dk ash brn hair), the staying power is fab, the applicator is perfection! I've used w/brow gel & w/o and had great results. I also tend to have super oily skin. The palm to brow test is a pass.-No eyebrow transfer (& it's 12 hrs since application!)

Popular Brows Products