July 25, 2014 | 1771 users online

Foundations - The Body Shop - All-In-One Face Base

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 7:36:00 AM More reviews by kristabunni

EDIT EDIT: I've bought more than I can count of these, and stock up every time TBS has a sale. HOLY GRAIL. I now wear the 06 shade.

Original review:
I found that this product gave hardly any coverage. I tried applying it with a dry sponge, wet sponge, and with a brush, and for the three months or so that I've been using it, I feel and look as if I'm not even wearing any makeup, in a bad way. My skin flakes each time I use it. Also, the colour was really hard to match to my skin. It came highly recommended by a friend, so I want it to work well, but I think I'm giving up on it entirely.

EDIT:

So I'd like to tag on an addendum to this review: the problem was not with the product itself, but with the sales person who matched the colour for me. At the time I was unaware that in any given TBS, there's only one person who is schooled in make-up application. I assumed that since customers can book makeovers at TBS that most sales people there were qualified to do so. Anyway, I'm Chinese and have the requisite fairly pale skin with yellow undertones, and 04 was too light for me, hence the lack of coverage. It just made my blemishes stand out more against the washed-out colour. When I went again with my friend, who had recommended the product to me, she matched me with 05, and since then it has been my go-to in the morning when rushing out the door. Just swipe on each cheek, nose, forehead and chin, and your on your way to work or school. It applies smoothly with the given sponge as well as with a dampened foundation brush, and is easily portable and durable. Concentrate it a little more on blemishes and in a pinch you won't even need concealer. Anyway, I highly recommend it for when you're on the go, or just to keep in your purse for touch-ups.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Bronwyn5000

I really love the coverage and the color of this! It was great but sadly it's broken me out :(. I'm not blaming the product, powder foundations are always iffy with me. It's good because it has great coverage, it's not so great because it mixes with the oil and smears off my face. I think it's just me though, I have very oily skin.
BUT if you're skin isn't horrendous like mine, it'll be great! Good coverage and super cute compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2008 8:51:00 PM More reviews by LoloDSM

I've been using this for a few weeks now, and I am pleased overall. It isn't overly drying or greasy, and the color stays consistent after a day of wear. I like that I can use it wet or dry, although it has a tendency to streak when wet. I use a foundation brush instead of the sponge which may make a difference. I haven't had any major break-outs since I started using it, so I cannot comment on coverage for blemishes, but it does even my skin nicely for every day use. After buying more expensive foundations, I LOVE the $18.50 price and I like that The Body Shop is a signer for the Compact for Safe Cosmetics. This is a matte foundation (none of the shimmer like Bare Minerals) which I like. The compact seems a bit cheap, but it does the job, and I like that the sponge is kept in a separate section of the compact so it isn't resting on the powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 4:22:00 PM More reviews by kkvh5132

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product. I have tried so many different brands (more expensive ones) and this is the best. The colour is perfect for my very light skin and it doesn't get yellow on skin when it mixes with the oil in my skin (which is, by the way, oily and acne prone). Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2007 2:12:00 PM More reviews by candyjanney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this! I discovered the shade 03 while I was looking for makeup for my wedding. It matched me PERFECTLY. I have oily gross skin and like to have a nice matte look and this foundation gives me just that. Affter I put all my mineral makeup on I cover it all with this beauty and I look so polished!!! I'm so oily I have to touch up thru the day but it's alright, this stuff doesn't cake up on me! I will buy again and again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2007 5:51:00 PM More reviews by neen1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

So far I am really liking this. I bought it in the 02, which appears to be a perfect match for me. I used this before with the old packageing, which I found slightly less cumbersome than this, but this seems to give me a far more natural finish and more coverage than before. I still need cover up for large pimples, but otherwise my skin looks SO good with this. I was using Clinique's powder foundation, which I like, but it seems to not last as long and does not control my oil like this one. I had forgotten how much I like The Body Shop makeups. It is not cheap, $18.50 CAD, and I got it for free with my love your body card bonus, but the fact that I am not re-applying 3 times a day helps it to last. This honestly may be a HG, let's hope!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. This reminds me of a mock Studio Fix. I used it for over a year because of the good coverage, but I know that I can find better. It goes on and feels itchy, also REALLY cakey. You can totally tell that your wearing it, and the texture is horrible on my skin. It rubs off REALLY easily too. It doesn't wash off well either. Takes me 4-5 washes to get it off completely. :( Looks/gets greasy too. Although this product isn't freakishly expensive, it's still not worth the 20 bucks.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 8:35:00 PM More reviews by aura_brite1

This works great so far - I do wish there was more in the package or at least the compact should be refillable.
I use this with the pencil concealer stick and the two together make a great combo. My suggestion is if you wear this alone, to have a good moisturizer on underneath, even if you are applying the powder wet. To set your makeup or the wet powder, it's better to use a dry brush than the sponge. ANd I use the Vitamin E face mist to set everything.
Overall not bad, the best I've used so far and easy to use. I'm kind of picky about foundation/powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2007 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Rexina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my HG powder. Love this. You can use it dry or wet, and it does not look like you're wearing powder at all. Fantastic!:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2007 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Crescent_Shadow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I believe this is one of the better powder foundation. It doesn't really oxidize on me (which is a huge plus), coverage is okay, not cakey. The problem is that the palest color available in Indonesia is #2, which is tad too yellow for my NC15-20 skin. Pricewise, it's not cheap. For the amount of product you get, it's comparable with MAC's foundation here in Indonesia. And I actually like the dull old packaging rather than the new shiny compact, LOL.