Mary Kay Satin Hands

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is not an everyday use product, but it's a wonderful addition to your once-a-week home manicure. Add a dollop of the exfoliating buffer, a dollop of cleansing gel, and a dollop of the extra emollient night cream (it's a lot like Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream) together, moosh them together then rub all over your hands, rinse, and follow with hand cream. Result: heavenly soft skin. For everyday hand cream, I like Avon's Planet Spa Shea Butter cream, or Neutrogena Norwegian Formula during winter. But when I remember to use this once a week, I use less of my daily hand cream.

on 2/20/2005 12:19:00 AM

I tried the Pampering Set from a Mary Kay consultant. The Extra Emollient Night Cream felt like Vaseline and smelled like hair grease. The Buffing Cream was nothing extraordinary; itís just like any other scrub. The Cleansing Gel wasn't anything to brag about either. The Hand Cream could be better. The set made my hands soft, but I was also expecting for them to feel moisturized and my hands didn't feel hydrated. I will not be buying these products.

on 2/5/2005 3:39:00 AM

I got this as a gift. Does nothing for my dry hands.

on 1/20/2005 12:02:00 PM

Definitely a noticible difference in the moisture level of my hands! The process seems sometimes tedious, but it works for sure! IT's $30 but when you factor in all the products you recieve, it does not seem like a lot of money. WOuld repurchase again, but it seems to be lasting me forever!!

on 1/3/2005 8:00:00 PM

Wow!

on 1/2/2005 1:06:00 PM

This three step product really does work. If you have dry hands, use this once and you'll notice a huge difference! My hands have never been softer than when I used Satin Hands. The reason why I gave it three lippies is because it's a Mary Kay product and I have never had a good experience with any Mary Kay salespeople. Also, I think the packaging could be a lot nicer because the white is pretty boring.

on 1/2/2005 11:48:00 AM

Wow! I have the dryest hands in the cold, dry weather and this is just a lifesaver! It really feels like you are taking off your old hands and putting on brand new ones! Ran out a couple weeks ago and waiting on another set any day now...can't wait!

My sis gave me this as a gift and I love it! My hands have never been softer. Everyone should try this - it makes you feel really pampered! The only thing I don't like is the clear cylindrical zip package, but it's not horrible. Will repurchase!

on 11/4/2004 4:52:00 PM

I love the set, and it's great for exfoliating and softening my hands. This set makes a great gift for your kids' teachers too---every one we've given one to has loved it.

on 11/4/2004 10:40:00 AM

I do like the effect of satin hands but someone once told me of a way to do the exact same thing at home for FREE. You put a decent dose of oil oil on your hands and rub it in. Then take a tablespoon of sugar and rub that in as well, concentrating on the cuticles and other really dry, flaky spots. Add some liquid hand soap like Soft Soap or even Polmolive and rub that whole concoction together and rinse. Then apply your favorite hand cream. Same result with basically no cost.

Top Rated Mary Kay Products