October 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2005 3:39:00 AM More reviews by jennifer36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this as a gift. Does nothing for my dry hands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2005 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Blondie1017

Definitely a noticible difference in the moisture level of my hands! The process seems sometimes tedious, but it works for sure! IT's $30 but when you factor in all the products you recieve, it does not seem like a lot of money. WOuld repurchase again, but it seems to be lasting me forever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2005 8:00:00 PM More reviews by nannamupp

Wow!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2005 1:06:00 PM More reviews by laura4957

This three step product really does work. If you have dry hands, use this once and you'll notice a huge difference! My hands have never been softer than when I used Satin Hands. The reason why I gave it three lippies is because it's a Mary Kay product and I have never had a good experience with any Mary Kay salespeople. Also, I think the packaging could be a lot nicer because the white is pretty boring.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by luvnmike25

Wow! I have the dryest hands in the cold, dry weather and this is just a lifesaver! It really feels like you are taking off your old hands and putting on brand new ones! Ran out a couple weeks ago and waiting on another set any day now...can't wait!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2004 3:04:00 AM More reviews by honeybearkitty

My sis gave me this as a gift and I love it! My hands have never been softer. Everyone should try this - it makes you feel really pampered! The only thing I don't like is the clear cylindrical zip package, but it's not horrible. Will repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2004 4:52:00 PM More reviews by Bagbabe53

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the set, and it's great for exfoliating and softening my hands. This set makes a great gift for your kids' teachers too---every one we've given one to has loved it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2004 10:40:00 AM More reviews by kchagnon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I do like the effect of satin hands but someone once told me of a way to do the exact same thing at home for FREE. You put a decent dose of oil oil on your hands and rub it in. Then take a tablespoon of sugar and rub that in as well, concentrating on the cuticles and other really dry, flaky spots. Add some liquid hand soap like Soft Soap or even Polmolive and rub that whole concoction together and rinse. Then apply your favorite hand cream. Same result with basically no cost.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2004 11:59:00 AM More reviews by thesavagefamily

I have purchased this set about 3 times and love it! The scent does not bother me, but I don't have sensitivities either. My hands and feet feel very soft and stay that way all day! I use this before a manicure and feel like I've been to a spa! I like the full size set because of the amount of emolient you get--a full size jar, so it lasts a long time. I will continue to purchase this set for myself and others!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2004 1:20:00 PM More reviews by andreakp

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, the products together buff and soften hands nicely.

But -- the smell is sickeningly strong (burns my eyes and the product gets nowhere near my face) and you can achieve the same results with Vaseline, St. Ives apricot scrub, and a regular cleanser & heavy duty hand cream for a *lot* less $$.