October 31, 2014 | 1429 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Maybelline - Baby Skin Pore Eraser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 5:32:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Meh.. usually I only write reviews if I really like (or also really detest & don't like) a product, but this has got me a bit confused. I bought it to use under makeup & it does a little better than average job of making my makeup stay on maybe a couple more hours, foundation & powder goes on slightly more smoothly, but this product isn't a primer, & it isn't an oil control gel, so I am a little confused as to why I really find it necessary. It didn't break me out, had cute packaging (& I liked how it was in a tube which is practical & utilitarian both), didn't have any offensive scent, but I don't know if I will repurchase this when I run out because I am simply on the fence. I will definitely use up this tube before making a decision. I've never used anything like Porefessional or other the other products mentioned that this is a dupe for, so I cannot offer any helpful comparisons/contrasts or educated opinions, but I do think that this is probably a lot better than using Monistat or milk of mag under your makeup or other stuff that's not meant to go under your makeup. BabyLips lipbalm is a real winner, not so sure about this product...IF it was doing anything really beneficial the price tag isn't too bad, but I just don't know if I really need this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:41:00 AM More reviews by edentomlinsonx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really like this it smooths my pores out and makes my skin look a bit more Matt! It's not a good primer because it isn't a primer which I think people are getting mixed up about on here! I use a primer as well so have no problem with it not being. I only bought it because there was a 3 for 2 offer in boots and I didn't know what else to choose and wanted to try something different and you know what I'm really glad I did pick this!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:24:00 AM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is a pore erasing makeup base. nowhere does it claim to be primer or keep skin from getting oily, etc. people are giving it bad reviews because they are using it incorrectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Itsk8baby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I bought this is shoppers drug mart a couple days ago. It was really expensive for the size (11.99$). I debated buying it because of the price, but I knew I had to try it after seeing all the hype on YouTube. My first impression was- WOW my pores are nowhere to been seen! I'm so happy with this product and I will be repurchasing! I don't ever notice my pores anymore and it makes my makeup look flawless! Thank you baby skin, and my pores thank you too!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by audreyjc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For the price, I really like this. I have used Benefit Porefessional in the past, and I would say this is as good or better. I got it for $6.99 at Walgreens, and while there wasn't a MAJOR difference when I put it on alone, my make-up looked infinitely better on and even after a workout, my foundation looked perfect. I would agree with other reviewers who stated that it can be greasy if you put too much on, so apply sparingly. Also, this has NOT made me break out, which I'm somewhat prone to, so that's a major plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

You'll be really impressed by this if you've never heard of silicone. Seriously, this is nothing special. All it is is dimethicone you put on your face before makeup. It doesn't perform as well as most silicone based primers either. There are a lot of ingredients that could have been added for anti-aging properties or mattifying...but this is so basic. Basic, basic, basic.

Whoever got people to say this is a dupe for Benefit's Porefessional needs a promotion ASAP. This is nowhere near comparable. The Porefessional actually does a really nice job.

If you're interested in this you should know that you are getting basically the same product (only less) as the famous Monistat chafing powder-gel. For all those saying this is "a steal," hardly. If compared to Smashbox, oh yes, but for almost the same price Monistat gives you get MORE THAN TWICE as much product.

Ingredients:

Maybelline Baby Skin: Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

(Monistat Chafing Powder-Gel: Active Ingredient: Dimethicone (1.2%). Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane.)

Give me a break.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by chinagirl

I was initially sucked in by the cute packaging and low price. Baby Skin worked beautifully in terms of making my skin looked airbrushed; I've got extremely large pores and it gave my skin an airbrushed, porcelain smooth texture but it also made me look shinier than usual (I have exceptionally oily skin). I was bummed but decided to hang onto it. I'd been using Paula's Choice Shine Stopper as a primer and while that helps a tiny bit with oil control (nothing really does very much for me in that regard) it doesn't do much as far as skin texture. On a whim I decided to put a tiny bit of the Baby Skin over the Shine Stopper and it's perfect-I get the benefits of both products. My skin is not any oilier than it usually is and my skin looks airbrushed, even in harsh light.
I should emphasize that I use only the tiniest bit of Baby Skin in proportion to the Shine Stopper as too much Baby Skin would probably grease me up.
If you have normal or dry skin this primer will work well for you on it's own; if you're oily try a tiny bit of it over your regular primer or oil control product and it should work for you. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by carrylynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This reminds me of Philosophy's Eye Believe. It seems like its the same consistency, same silky feel. Both have Dimethicone as one of the main ingredients, its used to soften and protect skin. It isn't at all greasy or tacking on me. I swiped a little bit along the bridge of my nose and had to check it three times because I couldn't see the pores on my nose, I was amazed. However it didn't do anything for the ones on my cheeks, I guess they are bigger than the ones on my nose? It held up well throughout the day. I didn't get that oily look mid day that I usually do so that's a plus. I'm going to continue to use this, if anything changes I will post an update.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 6:46:00 AM More reviews by lucyzta

I love this stuff. I have oily skin and pretty large pores. It does blur my pores and leaves my skin feeling soft but not greasey. It's necessarily meant to be a primer (it does not say that anywhere on the packaging) but that is what I use it for and it works well for me. It's really cheap too and super adorable packaging. I love picking it up and using it! so cute. Also love that it's a tube and not a pot, feels more hygienic than the loreal pot primer I have been using. I definitely would repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by Kellitor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited because I heard that this was a dupe for benefit’s face primer. I hadn't tried benefit's primer until afterwards, and let me tell you- they are NOTHING alike. Just based on visual appearance they are polar opposites. The benefit primer is tinted and creamy, while the Maybelline version is clear and gel-like.
But I know products can look different and still act the same, so I tried them both. Benefit made my skin feel silky and perfect, it was a beautiful feeling. Maybelline made my skin feel oily and dirty.
The biggest down side to this product is how it made my makeup look throughout the day... I've used many primers before- too faced, smashbox, nyx, pixi and Revlon. This is the first one to make my makeup roll of of my face. And I mean roll.
My makeup broke down and "pilled" of of my face when using this product. I'm so mad and disappointed. At least it wasn't that much money lost.
Only getting a two because of packaging and price. The product toss crap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No