Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser

3.0

Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearyl Heptanoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Silica Silylate, Propylene Glycol, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Prunus Cerasus Extract / Bitter Cherry Extract. May Contain: CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 77492 / Iron Oxides.

To keep it short it sweet, this product was awful.

I've been on a short budget recently, and decided to give Baby Skin by Maybelline a try, having read some pretty good reviews on-line. Don't be fooled - this stuff is crap.

1. DISGUSTING CONSISTENCY

As mentioned by many reviews, this product is a thick, clear, almost molasses-y gel. It feels thick on the skin and spreads poorly, no matter if you use a small, reasonable, or excessive amount. If you have an oily skin type, definitely avoid this product. It gives you the bad kind of "mattified" feeling.

2. CLOGS THE PORES

Assuming that this product works by creating a reaction on the skin that closes or diminishes the look of pores, I would say it absolutely attributed to how my skin has felt since using it - greasy, clogged, and with visibly heightened pores that are like little bumps on my cheeks. The thick gel absorbs in to your skin and settles, then closes your pores over top of itself. SERIOUSLY?

3. FEELS LIKE IT NEVER LEAVES YOUR FACE

I have quite the face washing routine that has kept me radiant for years, and this stuff is resilient to it. My skin is not your home, you're being evicted!

4. TERRIBLE PRIMING

Do NOT use this oily product as a primer for your BB/CC cream or foundation. Simple as that. It feels heavy, unpleasant, and most make-up types will settle strangely atop of it. Not to remind you of the bumpy texture it creates on your face when clogging your pores. Either you will end up with a dotty face, or looking like a piece of rough Velcro.

ESSENTIALLY... this product is an unnecessary part of your beauty routine and there are much more beneficial products out there. Disappointed in Maybelline. Don't let the pretty packaging fool you, ladies!

on 5/14/2014 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't understand the positive reviews. This does absolutely nothing for my skin, positive or negative. I have large pores, thus a pretty good candidate for a "pore eraser". This primer made no difference at all in their appearance.

on 5/14/2014 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I heard so many good reviews about this so I decided to give it a try. I do have pretty oily, acne prone skin so when I saw the consistency of this, I was alittle worried because it looks and feels like a thin Vaseline. I decided to give it a try anyway. My skin was pretty clear with only a few pimples, but now after using this, my skin is SUPER oily and I have splotches of acne all over my face. It wasn't that I used too much... This just broke me out like crazy :(

on 5/14/2014 9:56:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

used it this morning. Cant really tell that it minimized my pores which is why I wanted it. At first I tried some on the back of my hand and if you dont rub it in too much it does seem to blur the tiny lines so I thought it would work. I only used a little and patted it into the places I wanted it. Cant really tell a difference. I will come back and review it being a primer later (only because I have a tube of it now and need to use it for something) because as of right now I am using Monistat and love it. I found this on a clearance rack because it was only the tube and no package so I am glad I didnt pay full price for it to just try it. Probably won't repurchase because even if its a good primer I like the monistat.

on 5/14/2014 4:20:00 AM

Saw this product from clicknetwork, apparently there is a really good review about this product. The review from clicknetwork's tried and tested was velvety and it does make your pore smaller. Hence, I was very excited when I bought it. However, I was very disappointed as I used it. These are the following reason:-

1) The product is not available everywhere in the world. It is available in Singapore and Hong Kong but not available in Korea, Malaysia and Australia! (most likely not available in the states and Europe)

2) The product is colourless, its like a clear gel. Hence, the main task of it was supposing to erase your pore, be it colourless and clear, it doesn't do much besides adding another layer of colourless gel on your skin.Which is pretty much stupid. Why would you want to put an extra product that does so little to you skin ON your skin.

3) I have used many pore minimiser, all of them are velvety in terms of texture. Hence, for the product to be velvety is a MUST! However, this product isn't velvety at all. It is rather oily upon applying it, but it does absorb to your skin after a while (like 10-15mins later?). But this product is meant to be used as a primer before your bb cream or foundation. So for it to be oily upon applying it, isn't good at all. Was very disappointed.

4) The price wise was reasonable if the product actually works. BUT considering it doesn't do much, nope i wouldn't even pay 5 dollars for it. I can't even return it now, as I bought this in Hong Kong's SASA and I am from another country. This sucks.

But the good part of this product is:-

1) like the name of the product, it says baby skin. The packaging was adorable. I like how the text font is so comic like.

2) The size of the bottle is not too big or too small. I like how its handy and all.

3) The colour, pink and greenish blue goes well together. Really reminds of baby skins.

Overall, no doubt the packaging is good but don't judge the book by its cover. The content is more important than the packaging.

on 5/13/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

After reading the reviews I decided to give this a try because I was desperate to fix my oily, shiny skin.

I was very disappointed. It felt greasy on my fingers and then on my face. When I rubbed it all in, I noticed no difference at all with my pores or my oiliness. I kept it on all day to see if it would improve and it sadly didn't. My face looked just as shinny as it always did!

This is my opinion and experience!

on 5/13/2014 2:11:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So far I've had no reactions (cystic acne, rashes, etc). Usually I have a reaction pretty quickly so it's easy to tell if I can use something or not. There's few primers I can use, very few sadly. This, MUF and a tarte primer is it so far. Maybelline has become one of my fav brands these days, right up there with the higher end stuff. Will update if needed.
Edit: still no reactions but it doesn't really do much for my mu or pores so I'll keep searching.

on 5/12/2014 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I didn't like it .. I prefer LOREAL Revitalift Miracle Blur Instant Skin Smoother .

on 5/10/2014 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I was so excited about this primer but sadly I'm not crazy about it, I don't know why people love the packaging so much, I prefer my make up to look more feminine than this but that doesn't matter at all.

Anyway on to the important stuff, the actual product is strange, it looks like silicone and is very lightweight.The first time I tried it I squeezed it on my fingers like normal and started to apply it to my face it goes on like air, you can barely even feel the product or where you've applied it. I put my foundation on a few minutes later and it felt so slippery and greasy all day.

I then went over to youtube to see what other people thought and took some advice from Nicole Guerriero and used a much smaller amount and rubbed it in really well. I then waited a few minutes as normal to apply my make and this time it was much better, my make up stayed on all day and looked OK. I was most excited about this primer being a pore filler as I have some visible pores by the sides of my nose, I didn't notice any difference here really they just looked the same.

I've not really recommended this to anyone as I'm not a huge fan but it seems to work well for other people, I personally haven't touched it for a few weeks now I think it will be my back up in case I run out of other primers or something but I don't think I'll buy it again.

on 5/7/2014 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have mild acne and mildly oily skin and I really like this product. If your skin is like mine or worse, you don't need a lot which in my book isn't a bad thing because it last longer. It has a very silky/satin feel so I can understand some people would find this "greasy". However I find when I put a little drop on my finger tip and rub it together on my fingertips with both hands and then pat on my face it applies nicely. I might do a second round of patting where I feel I need it more and it's a nice primer also. It isn't a miracle worker and photoshops your flaws but it makes pores less visible and skin matte so for the price it's worth a try. LESS IS MORE!

Popular Primer/ Correctors