Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

3.3

OUTER CORE Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyethylene, Phenyl Trimethicone, Nylon-12, Diisostearyl Malate, Ozokerite, Polyvinyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Caprylyl Glycol, Propylene Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer [+/- May Contain Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides, Mica] F.I.L. D158948/1. INNER CORE Ingredients: Isononyl Isononanoate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cera Microcristallina / Microcrystalline Wax, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Copernicia Cerifera Cera / Carnauba Wax, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calcium Carbonate, Zinc Pca, Acrylates Copolymer, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer [+/- May Contain Mica, Ci 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499 / Iron Oxides] F.I.L. D158947/1

on 3/11/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The best thing about this foundation is the fact that in has the shade '110 Porcelain' which suits me perfectly. Finally! I hope they carry this shade across all their foundations. Additionally, they seem to have darker shades. I'm sure all girls at varying sides of the colour spectrum will be pleased.

I bought this last night in 'classic ivory', which I thought would fit my color perfectly. I brought it home, and it was waaayyy too light for my fair complexion. I think it was the lighting in the store, because I checked the tester first.

Not only that, but when I swiped it on my nose, it crumbled. I ended up having to mash it back into the tube, which doesn't look pretty. The coverage seems fairly good and buildable, though.

Not the best quality foundation, IMO.

on 3/6/2014 8:38:00 AM

I put rebuying as a yes but that's tentative.

Pros: I love how FAST this stuff applies when I'm in a hurry in the morning. A few swipes on my face and buff with a RT face brush and I'm done. REALLY GOOD coverage. Almost full coverage!

Cons: Accentuates dry patches. I have a dry patch on my cheek right now that is driving me crazy (exfoliation not working and it's just irritated) and this stuff just makes it look a million times worse. Ok, maybe I'm over dramatizing it but it doesn't look good.

Makes me look flat. I'm used to the dewey radiance of my BB creams. Once I put on my blush and eyes, I don't look so flat.

Also accentuates pores. I have tons of little white dots all over my tzone.

Will try again with a few different primers in my arsenal and update my review.

on 3/2/2014 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

TO. DIE. FIR. I have never been a re-purchaser of products before. However, I am on my third tube of this. I have oily prone skin and this makes my skins oils at bay, for as long as a product can. PERFECT packaging for travel and easy storage. Flawless coverage and I barely have to blend. Holy grail, no other product on the market can even come close to what this has done for me.

on 2/20/2014 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I went to use this and it broke on me. Then the next day I broke out in acne on the areas I only applied this.

There is minimal coverage and it settles into my orange-rind pores. On top of that I had to dig through the display to find one that hadn't been used as a tester. And that was just my shade. There were so many used.

on 2/18/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have prob 20 foundations...50$ ones to 3$... so I basically just like what works and don't count out drugstore foundations, but this one is horrible. First for a foundation that never actually sets once on my skin, it is so drying and accentuates dry patches even ones u don't realize are even there. It would SEEM it's a good deal being one of the cheaper drugstore foundations ( I think I found mine for 7$), but then figure out THERE'S NOT EVEN A HALF OF AN OUNCE.. (.32 to be exact) and considering majority of them are 1oz so that means EVEN if u triple it, YOUR PAYING 21$ ...AND U STILL AREN'T AT AN OUNCE!!!! REALLY MAYBELLINE? I don't notice a smell, but unless there's strong it's not something I notice anyway..packaging feel and looks extremely cheap. I HONESTLY CAN'T BELIEVE ANYONE THINKS THAT THIS IS WORTH IT..JUST HORRIBLE! If you have dry skin...don't waste your money, I admit my skin can be difficult and its the reason I have so many foundations because some work better then other days and I actually do alot of mixing certain ones on certain days..but THIS IS THE ONLY ONE I NEVER EVER USE.

on 2/11/2014 2:25:00 AM

I was pretty excited to try this, I tend to get a little shiny and was hoping to battle that a bit. I was pretty disappointed. I applied to a couple places on my face and for the first little while was impressed. I'm the lightest shade and it matches quite well. Unfortunately by the end of the day, this had sunk into lines I didn't even think I had. It had aged me about 20 years with how deep it exaggerated lines under my eyes. I thought it was how I applied it so I used even less than my little amount a couple days later and the same result. Won't be repurchasing :/

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product. It's my first day using it and it's amazing! Very light application. Don't even have to use a lot of the product to get an amazing face 💕 love to pieces

on 2/5/2014 2:55:00 PM

I don't get it... This seems to be really chalky on my skin. It causes it to look really flaky and dry. I did try using a moisturizer underneath it but it didn't help. Now I'm rethinking how good my skin is. Haha. Maybe I have bumps allover my skin? Ugh I don't know. But I wouldn't purchase again. Pros- the color was exactly mine.

on 2/3/2014 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have oily combination skin so I was super excited to try it when I saw it on sale at Shoppers for $6.99 CA. Regular price is $11.99 which is way to expensive.

Pros
- It glides on SO SO SO smooth. skin feels so soft afterwards.
- builds nicely
- looks very natural finish. Doesn't look like you're even wearing any make up!
- no smell to it
- compact, lightweight

Cons
- it's not shine-free. I get oily in a few hours

Overall
- it's not a bad foundation. it does it's job. I'm just disappointed at the "shine-free" part. I would buy it again if it's on sale. But definitely not at regular price.