September 20, 2014 | 908 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the hardest time finding foundations to match my skintone. I prefer drugstore prices and products but I even tried some department store ones too, and this little $7 makeup stick performed as well as my $35 Benefit Hello Flawless foundation. I wasn't really expecting much from it, considering the cost and it was really hard to tell in the drugstore which shade is the right one since they don't usually have testers or consultants to assist you. I am fair skinned so I chose #115 Ivory and it looked okay but actually washes me out and drains the color from my complexion, it is just a smidge too light. So I went back and got #130 Buff Beige, and it is much closer to a perfect match. I ended up using both of these on my face and I draw on where I would normally highlight with the lighter shade and where I would normally add contour I used the darker shade, then I used my foundation brush to blend these out and set this with Fit Me! powder in #130 Buff Beige. After doing this, I got the perfect airbrushed results. From a drugstore product no less!!! I will not be buying department store foundation again after using this. I was thinking this was going to give me heavy stage makeup coverage at first and I prefer a natural look, so I was delighted to find that this gives light-medium coverage. I still needed a concealer for those trouble spots and I was able to still see some freckles through the makeup layers which is a more natural I'm born with it look. I really like this product and this is going to be especially handy for travel as there is no liquid involved and no worries of broken bottles and spillage. This fits easily in my purse and it's so easy to use on the go too for a quick touch up if needed. I'm glad I gave this foundation stick a try, it's working great for me and it's budget priced too!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ChellBell

once you figure out how to work this foundation after switching from liquid, it works great! the color is perfect for my tone, but could use a little more coverage. I just use some concealer and there are no problems (: great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's my impression so far. It provides good coverage, easy to use and love the fact that i can carry it with me. It's inexpensive but you don't get a lot of product either. It's a little thick when you put it on and i am trying to figure out the best way to wear it. Kind of like umm... a thick cream that won't quite melt into your face. That's the feeling i get when i put it on. I put a few swipes on my first try and it seems to be too much. It's not greasy but not very matte either. I have to set with powder still. The shade is perfect and they have quite a few selections. I'm breaking out a bit on my chin but i'm waiting to see if it's this makeup or just my regular monthly hormones so i won't pass judgement on it yet. . During the course of the day i have to blot my face twice as it DOES NOT keep the shiny at bay at all. It doesn't seem to settle into pores, though if you put too much it does. I'll update as i work with it and see if i can figure out how to make it work better. I guess in a pinch or on a trip where you don't want to carry a lot of stuff, this will be good since it's so easy and small to carry.
UPDATE! Ok, so after using it for a while.... im downgrading again. It's just not as good as other foundations I've tried and kinda sits on top of my skin. Sorry but this is nothing more than a glorified concealer stick and definitey not to be used as foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by savyrain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite foundation at the moment, I was hesitant of trying a tube foundation, just because i've heard negative comments about them, but I thought I would give it a go.
It is THE PERFECT match for my skin tone.I'm using 310 I haven't found anything that matches me this well before, even with high end products. I used it for about two weeks and ran out, so there isn't much product. It was build able coverage, medium to full. The only con about this product is that it feels greasy after a few hours and it doesn't stay very well, once I use a phone I see my whole face of makeup on the screen and that's a bummer. I use MAC transparent/translucent powder to set it or any other powder and it still doesn't do me justice on staying in place. But if you don't mind reapplying it after a few hours then I would recommend it. It may not sound that appealing, but I did go back and buy all the foundations left in my color (;

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by taylatot

I'll be updating after I've had this longer, but as of right now, I love this product!

I decided to buy this after the liquid foundations I was trying out left me an oily mess. I got this foundation in 240, which happened to be a near-perfect match for me. So far, it blends very easily, has pretty buildable coverage, and stays more matte than the liquid Fit Me! foundation. I use a stippling brush to blend it in and set it with a pressed powder afterwards. I wouldn't recommend using this around the under eyes, because it can cause a bit of creasing. I'm taking one star off for that and because it doesn't stay matte for very long (though I am an oil slick, so I can't blame that entirely on this).

Overall: 4/5, but I'll check back if anything changes.

PROS:
Blendable
Buildable
Nice texture
Fairly smooth finish
Decent Coverage
Portable
Great Price

CONS
Doesn't stay matte
A bit of creasing around fine lines.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lizzygee0

Pros
stick form
nice color selection
reasonable price

cons
it is not shine free
feels greasy
doesn't really set well

I really wanted to like this foundation more than i do. Its really nice that its in stick form and wont spill on your clothes which is the main reason i got it.... obviously foundation is really difficult to get out of your clothes. I purchased 115 ivory and it matches my skin perfectly when i first apply it.... and then it kind of turns a little orange... not so very very orange.. just a tad but still very wearable...i applied a very thin layer let it sit and then tried to set ti with powder foundation.... it looked really nice for maybe 2-3 hours tops and really did its job but only for a short time.... after about 4 hours maybe even earlier i started sweating through my makeup which never happens to me... it was really not flattering.... my revlon colorstay does not make me sweat like that... either way this foundation has some good points. its not terrible its good for if you run out of your regular stuff.... its a backup but as far as regular use... felt really greasy :[ but i will say it looks nice i just really hate the way it feels and they way it made my face bead up ... and it made me break out

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by kizzram

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The shade selection for darker skin tones was not great for this product. I can get it right by mixing, but then the finish is just off. I have dry skin so this formula is just not good for me-- cakes up wayyy too easily.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by DrChris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a stick foundation that comes close to my beloved, discontinued L'Oreal Quickstick - which had a lovely powdery finish and good coverage for my pale, cool-toned skin. I had all but given up, and then I tried this on a whim. It's not exactly the same, but this product does provide nice medium coverage and (as promised) it stays relatively shine-free and budge-proof all day. I top it with a light dusting of translucent powder, but after that, I can go all day without any touch-ups or fading. I tried using it around my eyes, but even with primer it left my mascara kind of smudgy -- but, beyond that, this has turned out to be a nice, portable, low-cost option for everyday use. I just draw a few stripes on my face, let it set for a minute so the heat from my skin can soften it a bit, and then I blend it with my fingers. I end up with a smooth finish that really does last through an average day. I haven't tried it for a busy marathon day or in warmer weather, so I can't vouch for how it would hold up under more heavy-duty conditions. But, for now, this is a welcome addition to my routine!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Mjmj1211

I love,love,love this foundation. Although I found it a bit pricey for the small amount of this foundation,it works better than anything else I have ever used. It is, as it says, shine control which is nice,it makes it easy to use alone or with a tinted moisturizer, which is how I use it. I LOVE IT!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by DebSchmidt

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product I'm 53 years old and it covered all my issues. except I don't get it around my eyes but it makes my face look great! I buy it at Walmart it seems to be the cheapest there. I can just throw it in my purse to do touch ups later. it blends great but you do need to put a power on after