October 24, 2014 | 1389 users online

Stick - Maybelline - Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Julievdveer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

For some unknown reason, I grabbed this this morning from my stash o' foundations. I am 46, NW20-25 w/ normal-dry skin. This oxidized on me within 3hours. I also used a new primer this morning, HG mineral veil, but I don't think that was the problem. Maybe this would be ok to carry for touch ups, but my instinct is to throw it out

rated 2 of 5 on 12/7/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by devonclaire

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is blah. I have been looking for a good stick foundation from the drugstore ever since they discontinued Max Factor in the U.S.

This stick has an "anti-shine core," which is basically a cylinder of another product inside the cylinder of foundation. This basically means you only get half of the foundation that you would expect when buying a stick this size.

The coverage is very light, and I wanted something a little heavier. I don't have oily skin, so I can't say if the "anti-shine" stuff is working. But I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I waited to try this because the liquid version was SO disappointing. Thankfully, this is NOT. It really is a great stick foundation. The color match is excellent-- perfect even-- and it doesn't oxidize, transfer, or fade with the day like a lot of inexpensive foundations.

I wear mine under a MAC MSF and after a 9 hour busy day I notice a little shine in my T-Zone, that's all. Since it is semi-matte, it's one of my greats for winter. A definite repurchase.

For reference: NC50=355.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by durtytrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's okay, but there's better stuff out there.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:52:00 AM More reviews by beevanilla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really use this product as a "foundation", I use it more for contouring. So far with my experience, I'm glad I don't use it as my actual foundation. The staying power is good with this one and it works REALLy well as a contouring stick, however, I'm not really happy with what it feels like after application. Once you've finished applying this the tackiness does not go away. I don't like how it feels but I've just taken it as a blessing in disguise as this trains me to not touch my face too much. Which, I suppose will benefit me in the long run as this will prevent breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by blotterqueen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this out as I was looking to get a medium coverage foundation. The coverage was perfect for someone without too many blemishes. However, I am VERY OILY. This product is said to be "shine-free," yet when I put it on I looked and felt very shiny. I blended this foundation using a MAC 130 and then set it with a very matte powder..... and it still looked oily! How is that even possible? For a product claiming to be anti-shine, it is anything but that. I have now been wearing it for 2 hours and it has already moved and started to separate. I have never had a problem with that before using any foundation. (I usually am a fan of laura mercier silk creme, revlon colorstay for oily skin, mufe matte+, etc).

I would buy this product if you ARENT oily, or are a beginner at makeup, as it is easy to apply and comes in cute packaging. Other than that, it has no staying power, and is SHINY. Completely opposite of its claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by LNguyen97

Goes on very smooth although it may not be suitable for dry skinned ladies out there. I don't have much to cover so this does a perfect job to cover up my acne scars and any redness and discoloration I have. Blending with fingers will give a fuller coverage in my opinion but I do like using my real techniques expert face brush if I wanna go for an even lighter coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the hardest time finding foundations to match my skintone. I prefer drugstore prices and products but I even tried some department store ones too, and this little $7 makeup stick performed as well as my $35 Benefit Hello Flawless foundation. I wasn't really expecting much from it, considering the cost and it was really hard to tell in the drugstore which shade is the right one since they don't usually have testers or consultants to assist you. I am fair skinned so I chose #115 Ivory and it looked okay but actually washes me out and drains the color from my complexion, it is just a smidge too light. So I went back and got #130 Buff Beige, and it is much closer to a perfect match. I ended up using both of these on my face and I draw on where I would normally highlight with the lighter shade and where I would normally add contour I used the darker shade, then I used my foundation brush to blend these out and set this with Fit Me! powder in #130 Buff Beige. After doing this, I got the perfect airbrushed results. From a drugstore product no less!!! I will not be buying department store foundation again after using this. I was thinking this was going to give me heavy stage makeup coverage at first and I prefer a natural look, so I was delighted to find that this gives light-medium coverage. I still needed a concealer for those trouble spots and I was able to still see some freckles through the makeup layers which is a more natural I'm born with it look. I really like this product and this is going to be especially handy for travel as there is no liquid involved and no worries of broken bottles and spillage. This fits easily in my purse and it's so easy to use on the go too for a quick touch up if needed. I'm glad I gave this foundation stick a try, it's working great for me and it's budget priced too!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ChellBell

once you figure out how to work this foundation after switching from liquid, it works great! the color is perfect for my tone, but could use a little more coverage. I just use some concealer and there are no problems (: great product!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:38:00 AM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here's my impression so far. It provides good coverage, easy to use and love the fact that i can carry it with me. It's inexpensive but you don't get a lot of product either. It's a little thick when you put it on and i am trying to figure out the best way to wear it. Kind of like umm... a thick cream that won't quite melt into your face. That's the feeling i get when i put it on. I put a few swipes on my first try and it seems to be too much. It's not greasy but not very matte either. I have to set with powder still. The shade is perfect and they have quite a few selections. I'm breaking out a bit on my chin but i'm waiting to see if it's this makeup or just my regular monthly hormones so i won't pass judgement on it yet. . During the course of the day i have to blot my face twice as it DOES NOT keep the shiny at bay at all. It doesn't seem to settle into pores, though if you put too much it does. I'll update as i work with it and see if i can figure out how to make it work better. I guess in a pinch or on a trip where you don't want to carry a lot of stuff, this will be good since it's so easy and small to carry.
UPDATE! Ok, so after using it for a while.... im downgrading again. It's just not as good as other foundations I've tried and kinda sits on top of my skin. Sorry but this is nothing more than a glorified concealer stick and definitey not to be used as foundation.