Alberto Vo5 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Ammonium Chloride, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Fruit Extract, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Biotin, Thiamine HCI, Ascorbic Acid, Panthenol, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Citric Acid, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance (Parfum), Blue 1 (CI 420990), Yellow 5 (CI-19140).

on 1/14/2008 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this compared to other clarifiers I have used. This one has a good lather. Smells great and my hair was left feeling wonderful and light. You know that light, bouncy feel on a good hair day? That's what this gave me.

I followed with a deep treatment conditioner and my hair feels great today. I would chose this over my regular Suave clarifier because my hair feels better and the scent is so nice and fresh. And my hair felt better than it has in a long time after using this. Did not dry my hair out at all:)This is made with real lime peel also. Gives it a nice refreshing quality:)

***UPDATE***: I strayed like an idiot from this:( And was having horrible hair days for about a week. Using $25 Fekkai shampoo....what a waste. Used Vo5 Kiwi Lime shampoo today and it felt so good I had to come back and update and say that this is pretty much my HG shampoo after having tried high end and low end.

My hair felt amazing, light, not weighed down at all and best of all not dry today after using this:) I cannot put into words how much I love this stuff. I followed with Victoria Secret Nourishing conditioner and have to say this is to date the best combo shampoo/conditioner I've used ♥

on 12/27/2007 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Well, I have to say I read all the positive reviews for this shampoo and bought it, but it absolutely did NOT work for me at all. I tried it a couple times, alternating in-between, using different conditioners...and in what I think was a fairly controlled experiment, my hair came out flat, dry, and slippery every time! I have long, fine hair and our water is relatively hard (I mention this because I know this can make a difference). I know some people really like this stuff, but it was 99 cents wasted for me. I really prefer the Herbal Essences Degunkify shampoo (with pineapple and cotton leaf). Works great every time, and really leaves my with some 'grip' so that it has lush body.

on 11/29/2007 2:23:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I can't believe I haven't reviewed this sooner. This is the BEST shampoo for my hair - hands down. I was using Fekkai's Apple Cider Clarifying shampoo for a while but this is SO much better!! AND, it's 1/40 of the price ounce for ounce (seriously - I did the math). I am so scared that they're going to disc it because it's been really hard to find lately!! Yikes! My hair is oily at the roots but dry at the ends for reference.

on 10/9/2007 11:43:00 PM

LOVE this stuff! It's a great clarifying shampoo, it smells great, and what could be better than a price tag of 79 cents?!? Don't let the price throw you off...just because it's cheap does NOT mean it's bad quality (in this case at least). Simple, clean shampoo. No need to buy a salon clarifying shampoo when this one is PERFECT!

on 9/1/2007 4:30:00 PM

I was really excited to try a new clarifying shampoo. The upside is def. the scent. It smells wonderful and maintained the scent throughout the day. Downside was it left my hair flat. I have very oily hair and gage the effectiveness of shampoo based on thy fluffiness of my hair when I dry it. This left my hair completely flat. At first, I just dismissed it as having a bad hair day so I used it for a week. Unfortunately, it didnít get any better. Also, another notable characteristic of effectiveness is how frequently you need to wash your hair. Most good shampoos I have used allow me to wash my oily hair every other day. This did not keep the oil at bay. I had to wash my hair everyday:( I tried, it just didnít work for me.

on 8/23/2007 4:09:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I couldn't initially find this at the drugstore, so I bought the Suave clarifying shampoo, which wasn't altogether bad, but kinda left my naturally curly hair with tangles, prior to adding conditioner. Now with the Kiwi Lime stuff...it smells really great, was really cheap and works~ no tangles. What more can you ask for for .99 cents?!? I realized how well it worked just yesterday actually.... I had been having a bad hair day for a couple days (even when you have 2" of growth/length....bad hair is still possible). I usually no poo with either Vo5 Moisture Milks conditioner or Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense, but decided to do a quick wash with this before using the Breakage Defense Conditioner. Yowza! I was so happy, my hair has been back in its cute little, defined curly fro since I used it. It dawned on my that no pooing for several days left too much moisture and buildup for my curls to behave properly. I'll be sure to use this at least once weekly from here on out! Bye bye bad hair days!! ;-P

on 7/18/2007 4:28:00 AM

i couldnt believe that a bottle of shampoo that cost 99 cents could be this good, as my other experiences (with suave, for example) were always disastrous. i am asian american and have long, stick straight hair that tends to be oily during the summer. i usually use volumizing shampoos and conditioners and fekkais glossing cream on a daily basis, and ill use fekkais glossing shampoo and conditioner maybe once a week. this shampoo is excellent for getting rid of the minimal buildup that i get in my hair, and never leaves it brittle or dry or feeling tangled -- just super clean and soft. plus it smells amazing. ive repurchased this numerous times and will continue to do so.

on 6/26/2007 9:04:00 PM

I picked up a bottle of this after reading the reviews here. I have course, color-treated long hair, and while this shampoo does get it nice and clean, it also leaves it feeling very dry and tangly. I've tried using this a few times, following it with various conditioners, and it invariably leaves my hair feeling weird and straw-like. I am utterly spoiled by Bumble and Bumble's Sunday Shampoo (see my review), which costs soooooo much more but, honestly, you really get what you pay for.

on 6/14/2007 10:10:00 PM

made my scalp itch like crazy.. worked well one of the times that i used it, but then made my hair tangly and crunchy (strange) even though i washed it all out.

Without a doubt my favorite clarifying shampoo. I started using this when I was 13 or 14. Infinitely more gentle on my hair that I often heat style than Suave's Clarifying. It smells better, too, which, while I'm not really one to care about smells, it's a plus. My hair is fine. Highly recommended, especially since it is DIRT cheap (and I am not one to often buy drugstore products). I use it once a week and it works like a charm.