September 2, 2014 | 1418 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by katrina1211

LOVE this stuff! It's a great clarifying shampoo, it smells great, and what could be better than a price tag of 79 cents?!? Don't let the price throw you off...just because it's cheap does NOT mean it's bad quality (in this case at least). Simple, clean shampoo. No need to buy a salon clarifying shampoo when this one is PERFECT!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by NYC0000

I was really excited to try a new clarifying shampoo. The upside is def. the scent. It smells wonderful and maintained the scent throughout the day. Downside was it left my hair flat. I have very oily hair and gage the effectiveness of shampoo based on thy fluffiness of my hair when I dry it. This left my hair completely flat. At first, I just dismissed it as having a bad hair day so I used it for a week. Unfortunately, it didnít get any better. Also, another notable characteristic of effectiveness is how frequently you need to wash your hair. Most good shampoos I have used allow me to wash my oily hair every other day. This did not keep the oil at bay. I had to wash my hair everyday:( I tried, it just didnít work for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2007 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Lovelee_79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I couldn't initially find this at the drugstore, so I bought the Suave clarifying shampoo, which wasn't altogether bad, but kinda left my naturally curly hair with tangles, prior to adding conditioner. Now with the Kiwi Lime stuff...it smells really great, was really cheap and works~ no tangles. What more can you ask for for .99 cents?!? I realized how well it worked just yesterday actually.... I had been having a bad hair day for a couple days (even when you have 2" of growth/length....bad hair is still possible). I usually no poo with either Vo5 Moisture Milks conditioner or Pantene Relaxed & Natural Breakage Defense, but decided to do a quick wash with this before using the Breakage Defense Conditioner. Yowza! I was so happy, my hair has been back in its cute little, defined curly fro since I used it. It dawned on my that no pooing for several days left too much moisture and buildup for my curls to behave properly. I'll be sure to use this at least once weekly from here on out! Bye bye bad hair days!! ;-P

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 4:28:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

i couldnt believe that a bottle of shampoo that cost 99 cents could be this good, as my other experiences (with suave, for example) were always disastrous. i am asian american and have long, stick straight hair that tends to be oily during the summer. i usually use volumizing shampoos and conditioners and fekkais glossing cream on a daily basis, and ill use fekkais glossing shampoo and conditioner maybe once a week. this shampoo is excellent for getting rid of the minimal buildup that i get in my hair, and never leaves it brittle or dry or feeling tangled -- just super clean and soft. plus it smells amazing. ive repurchased this numerous times and will continue to do so.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2007 9:04:00 PM More reviews by rhorner79

I picked up a bottle of this after reading the reviews here. I have course, color-treated long hair, and while this shampoo does get it nice and clean, it also leaves it feeling very dry and tangly. I've tried using this a few times, following it with various conditioners, and it invariably leaves my hair feeling weird and straw-like. I am utterly spoiled by Bumble and Bumble's Sunday Shampoo (see my review), which costs soooooo much more but, honestly, you really get what you pay for.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by proverbsgrl

made my scalp itch like crazy.. worked well one of the times that i used it, but then made my hair tangly and crunchy (strange) even though i washed it all out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 8:30:00 PM More reviews by classicfilmbroad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Without a doubt my favorite clarifying shampoo. I started using this when I was 13 or 14. Infinitely more gentle on my hair that I often heat style than Suave's Clarifying. It smells better, too, which, while I'm not really one to care about smells, it's a plus. My hair is fine. Highly recommended, especially since it is DIRT cheap (and I am not one to often buy drugstore products). I use it once a week and it works like a charm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 5:11:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

my absolute favourite clarifying shampoo! it gets all the crap out of my hair, but doesn't strip the colour or moisture. leaves my hair nice and clean, but still soft. Plus the smell is really fantastic and it's less than $1!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2007 9:10:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Got ALL the crap out of my hair (serums, creams, spray....I use enough stuff to get the entire Rockettes line thru an entire holiday season). The best clarifying shampoo I've ever used. Left my hair soft and really clean. Will DEFINITELY repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2007 6:43:00 PM More reviews by lb07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smells great! Been using it for years. I did find it a little drying sometimes (winter) but otherwise its good in the summer when oil and pool water reaks havock on ur hair. I always follow up with a better moisture rich conditioner anyways.