December 18, 2014 | 1699 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by shmanderrsssx3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

one of the best cleanser ive had! it was so inexpensive and came wit a lot of product too.plus it has a pump which i like cause my other cleanser are just sqweeze bottles.it doesnt strip my skin of moisture which is so rare or irratate my skin again rare.it smells funky but i dont care because once you rinse it off its gone. it doesnt foam either lol and its in the title. but it does have that soapy sort of look when you rub it together in your hands with water. i will buy this again one of my favorite cleansers.
UPDATE: i use a diff cleanser now so i dont care for this anymore

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 9:19:00 AM More reviews by besidetheocean

So far this is working out for me as a basic gentle cleanser. It foams really well and removes all my makeup. I love the pump bottle because it's very hygenic and you also get a good amount for the price. There are only two small drawbacks for me. One is the scent. It seems like it should be unscented since it's made for sensitive skin but it definitely has a sharp smell to it that lingers after it's rinsed off. The second issue is that my skin feels almost too soft after washing, like maybe there's some cleanser residue left over. I want my cleansers to leave nothing behind but this one seems like you have to rinse again after you're done just to remove the remaining film. Then again, maybe it's just in my head. Overall, I like this cleanser and will be sticking with it due to it's availability in stores and the cheap price.

UPDATE: I used this for a couple months and it seemed fine, but I think that it was leaving a little residue behind every time I washed my face and it eventually turned into clogged pores. I'm using a cleanser with BHA now and the little bumps are already starting to go away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2009 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the lookout for a mild cleanser that is modestly priced and doesn't react with my sunscreen when I try to remove it after working out. It's so strange that most of the lotion or creamy type cleansers I have tried(Cetaphil etc) randomly burn like fire and cause redness and discomfort after I use them. Plus my makeup(I wear makeup over sunscreen daily) is almost cemented to my face with those, and I have to use toner to remove the residue.
Enter Clean and Clear Sensitive! I would not have thought to look in this line as I don't have acne issues but I had been thumbing through Paula Begoun's Beauty Bible and this was listed as a highly rated cleansing option. It really cleans gently but thoroughly-no real traces of makeup left-even waterproof eyeliner is gone! And no irritation or oily residue left behind. My skin is clean and comfortable but not dried out with that uncomfortable stretched feeling. And it's pretty reasonably priced~ I found it for $3.99 for an 8oz bottle at Wal Mart. Great facial cleanser value!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by fishy2442

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this cleanser. I have uber sensitive skin and have had a so called "hypoallergenic" moisturizers irritate my skin! For me, I only need about the size of a nickel to a quarter size and it works amazingly. It does not irritate my skin so wonderfully that I can even remove eye makeup without it irritating my eyes. I really like their new packaging, and I find this product removes makeup best when applied to a dry cotton pad rather than making it foamy, but as a cleanser I like to use it will those scrubbie things from Sephora. (They're also packaged with the L'Oreal 360 Clean or watever cleanser thingies.) Only bad part is it contain SLS which is not so great for sensitive skin. Somehow, it doesn't irritate mine. I use a more natural cleanser now, but this is still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by eaudecolonia

For as long as I can remember I never bought a facial cleanser twice. I could never find one that I really liked, or found effective enough to buy once again. Until I noticed this facial cleanser in my moms bathroom and thought about checking it out. Went to purchase at my local Target, was pleasantly surprised at the cheap price for the quantity you get. Tried it that night, was very pleased with the light scent, and effect after, not drying and my face felt clean. However, when I swabbed my face after with my HG toner, Noxema Triple Action, I could see some makeup left behind. But this toner is extreme and I always see it pick up makeup... that being said, I've used this cleanser for 4 months and had 0 breakouts. Not to mention the comments I get on my clear, luminous skin from total strangers. My skin is combo, and I get eczema specially in the dry winter months. I always thought that those herbal, whole-foods facial washes were more benefical, but this cleanser plus Noxema toner proved that completely wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'VE BEEN USING THIS SINCE 16. GREAT STUFF THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVERY WORKED GREAT FOR MY SKIN WITHOUT BREAKING ME OUT I USE THE Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, Oil FREE. THOUGH IT NOT GOOD AT TAKING OFF MAKE UP IT LEAVES TRACES OF MAKEUP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my regular cleanser for the past 5 or 6 years. Through my acne-prone 10th and 11th grades, through 12th and college when I've dried out into somewhat normal skin, apart from it's sensitivity. I'm not very acne-prone, but this still works on my now sensitive, dry skin. Personally, I don't feel it gets all my face makeup off, my sunscreen [non-waterproof/sweatproof], so I still do the oil cleanse followed by facial cleanser method [LUSH Ultra Bland followed by C&C].

It has a pleasant, non-irritating smell; not noticeable. Foams well. Love the fact it has a pump - though it's difficult to get the last bits of product out towards the bottom of the bottle. Maybe I use too much, but I don't find a dime-size amount works with me - I have to use two pumps. Very gentle cleanser I'm able to use twice a day. Unlike the regular non-SS formula, this doesn't leave my face itchy, flaky or red.

My only complaints are the difficulty in getting the last few inches out of the bottle, and the fact that I tend to go through it pretty fast - one bottle lasts me about two weeks, washing twice per day. Mega-cheap though. Definately a drug-store skincare gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd already reviewed this product since I've been using this for years! I'm all about saving my money for treatments and purchasing cheap basics/staples. This cleanser foams easily, removes makeup relatively well except for waterproof/sweatproof sunscreen, and waterproof mascara & eyeliners. I normally double-cleanse anyway(any cheap japanese drugstore oil-cleanser followed by clean & clear's sensitive skin cleanser) so I haven't had any problems with makeup/sunscreen removal.

I also double-cleanse my makeup brushes with an oil-cleanser + this facial cleanser. I've found that this gets my MAC skunk brush looking white again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by zkatieus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the same exact product as Purpose, but this is cheaper.
Its a good basic face wash. It works pretty well. I have tried others but I keep going back to this. I've gone through 3-4 bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SHFlower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I started out using Purpose soap (liquid form) until I found out C&C sold one that's exactly the same, just with more in it at a cheaper price. I have to say, as much as Iiked purpose I like this a little more. It seems to foam better...idk if it's just me or not, cause the ingredients are the same. I like the packaging a bit more than Purpose because the product is just a little harder to pump out, which I like, and it always comes out the same amount.

I need less than one pump for my whole face (1-1 1/2 pumps if I have make up on). It foams quickly and lasts a long time. The smell is soapy like with the Purpose one (though the scents of both are just a little different).

Now to how it actually cleanses. This is the BEST cleanser I have ever had (along with Purpose of coarse). It's the only thing, that along with my favorite moisturizer (which is also C&C) that doesn't break me out, and actually is healing my acne and preventing me from getting huge cyst break outs. I wish I'd discovered this stuff sooner to keep me from getting all of these horrible scars.

It is gentle. I feel it dries out my face less than other face cleansers I've tried. Wearing a moisturizer after I have no problems with dryness. My skin can go from dry to combination, and more oily if I'm wearing bad products.

The only thing I wish could change is that the container have a lock pump. That would make it easier for throwing in my purse if I have to without having to worry about it spilling all over the place. I remember if my Purpose tiped over it would leak out the pump and all over my counter. I haven't had that experience with this product but I imagine it would do the same thing.

I will continue to buy this product because it works for me. : )