August 21, 2014 | 1985 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2009 10:07:00 PM More reviews by fishy2442

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this cleanser. I have uber sensitive skin and have had a so called "hypoallergenic" moisturizers irritate my skin! For me, I only need about the size of a nickel to a quarter size and it works amazingly. It does not irritate my skin so wonderfully that I can even remove eye makeup without it irritating my eyes. I really like their new packaging, and I find this product removes makeup best when applied to a dry cotton pad rather than making it foamy, but as a cleanser I like to use it will those scrubbie things from Sephora. (They're also packaged with the L'Oreal 360 Clean or watever cleanser thingies.) Only bad part is it contain SLS which is not so great for sensitive skin. Somehow, it doesn't irritate mine. I use a more natural cleanser now, but this is still a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by eaudecolonia

For as long as I can remember I never bought a facial cleanser twice. I could never find one that I really liked, or found effective enough to buy once again. Until I noticed this facial cleanser in my moms bathroom and thought about checking it out. Went to purchase at my local Target, was pleasantly surprised at the cheap price for the quantity you get. Tried it that night, was very pleased with the light scent, and effect after, not drying and my face felt clean. However, when I swabbed my face after with my HG toner, Noxema Triple Action, I could see some makeup left behind. But this toner is extreme and I always see it pick up makeup... that being said, I've used this cleanser for 4 months and had 0 breakouts. Not to mention the comments I get on my clear, luminous skin from total strangers. My skin is combo, and I get eczema specially in the dry winter months. I always thought that those herbal, whole-foods facial washes were more benefical, but this cleanser plus Noxema toner proved that completely wrong.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ryansgirl4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'VE BEEN USING THIS SINCE 16. GREAT STUFF THE ONLY THING THAT HAS EVERY WORKED GREAT FOR MY SKIN WITHOUT BREAKING ME OUT I USE THE Clean & Clear Foaming Facial Cleanser, Oil FREE. THOUGH IT NOT GOOD AT TAKING OFF MAKE UP IT LEAVES TRACES OF MAKEUP.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This has been my regular cleanser for the past 5 or 6 years. Through my acne-prone 10th and 11th grades, through 12th and college when I've dried out into somewhat normal skin, apart from it's sensitivity. I'm not very acne-prone, but this still works on my now sensitive, dry skin. Personally, I don't feel it gets all my face makeup off, my sunscreen [non-waterproof/sweatproof], so I still do the oil cleanse followed by facial cleanser method [LUSH Ultra Bland followed by C&C].

It has a pleasant, non-irritating smell; not noticeable. Foams well. Love the fact it has a pump - though it's difficult to get the last bits of product out towards the bottom of the bottle. Maybe I use too much, but I don't find a dime-size amount works with me - I have to use two pumps. Very gentle cleanser I'm able to use twice a day. Unlike the regular non-SS formula, this doesn't leave my face itchy, flaky or red.

My only complaints are the difficulty in getting the last few inches out of the bottle, and the fact that I tend to go through it pretty fast - one bottle lasts me about two weeks, washing twice per day. Mega-cheap though. Definately a drug-store skincare gem.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Decadence

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought I'd already reviewed this product since I've been using this for years! I'm all about saving my money for treatments and purchasing cheap basics/staples. This cleanser foams easily, removes makeup relatively well except for waterproof/sweatproof sunscreen, and waterproof mascara & eyeliners. I normally double-cleanse anyway(any cheap japanese drugstore oil-cleanser followed by clean & clear's sensitive skin cleanser) so I haven't had any problems with makeup/sunscreen removal.

I also double-cleanse my makeup brushes with an oil-cleanser + this facial cleanser. I've found that this gets my MAC skunk brush looking white again...

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2009 10:14:00 PM More reviews by zkatieus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the same exact product as Purpose, but this is cheaper.
Its a good basic face wash. It works pretty well. I have tried others but I keep going back to this. I've gone through 3-4 bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by SHFlower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I started out using Purpose soap (liquid form) until I found out C&C sold one that's exactly the same, just with more in it at a cheaper price. I have to say, as much as Iiked purpose I like this a little more. It seems to foam better...idk if it's just me or not, cause the ingredients are the same. I like the packaging a bit more than Purpose because the product is just a little harder to pump out, which I like, and it always comes out the same amount.

I need less than one pump for my whole face (1-1 1/2 pumps if I have make up on). It foams quickly and lasts a long time. The smell is soapy like with the Purpose one (though the scents of both are just a little different).

Now to how it actually cleanses. This is the BEST cleanser I have ever had (along with Purpose of coarse). It's the only thing, that along with my favorite moisturizer (which is also C&C) that doesn't break me out, and actually is healing my acne and preventing me from getting huge cyst break outs. I wish I'd discovered this stuff sooner to keep me from getting all of these horrible scars.

It is gentle. I feel it dries out my face less than other face cleansers I've tried. Wearing a moisturizer after I have no problems with dryness. My skin can go from dry to combination, and more oily if I'm wearing bad products.

The only thing I wish could change is that the container have a lock pump. That would make it easier for throwing in my purse if I have to without having to worry about it spilling all over the place. I remember if my Purpose tiped over it would leak out the pump and all over my counter. I haven't had that experience with this product but I imagine it would do the same thing.

I will continue to buy this product because it works for me. : )

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by starablaze

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome cleanser!
Gentle!
Great for removing make up! (except heavy eye make up)
Inexpensive! (about $4 at Wal-Mart)
I love it!
-------
*Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance, PEG-150 Distearate, PEG-80 Sorbitan Laurate, Quaternium-15, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauroampho PG-Acetate Phosphate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Water

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by gnat

I have been using this face wash for 10 years at least, so I guess it's a HG by now. Clean and Clear does a great job of removing all of my makeup (eye makeup too!) and does not dry out or irritate my skin. There might be better facial cleansers out there but this one is so cheap and good, why bother?

rated 2 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:12:00 AM More reviews by KarmaChameleon

I was looking for a cleanser that would remove my mineral makeup that was foaming and inexpensive. The price was right, but that was about it. I wound up washing my face twice since the foaming was inadequate and did not remove my makeup the first time around. I switched to Olay sensitive skin foaming face wash, and I have very happy with it.