September 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For vacations, I travel by car, because I don't travel light. I usually end up looking like a feral child by the end of a day's journey, so I decided what I needed was something refreshing. I started to buy Evian, but found a small bottle of Avene on Amazon for about $6 and gave it a shot. Soooo glad I did! This last vacation, I'd spritz my face with it after the sun setted, and ended up looking semi-normal when I arrived at my hotel about 10pm (after driving from 6am). I don't know what it does, but it does something. I did a lot of spritzing with the bottle I've had for months, and I still have almost 1/2 a can left. Wonderful-wonderful-wonderful! Yea, it is water in a can, but it is much nicer and works much better than baby wipes or splashing my face in a rest stop's sink...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jemyaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mean it's water isn't it.

A few drops of glycerin straight into regular old tap water would do a better job.

I have to commend the marketers of this though...I can just see the boardroom meeting.

Bob: "Women will buy anything if you claim it will make them look better, I could sell them a can of water and I bet they'd buy it if I said it's 'special, magical water' from a French spring, women love anything french."

Bill: "Prove it Bob."

And so Bob did, and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

21 out of 39 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by canadian

I have bought this product off and on for the past year. After applying mineral foundation I do a quick spritz. I find it helps melt the mineral makeup into my skin. I'm also sensitive with some redness and this product helps cool down my skin. Refreshes my skin during the dry winter months too. Doesn't irritate my skin. Sometimes Shoppers has this product 20 % off. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/6/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by zuleikadobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had this for a while and I don't really see the point. My skin is very sensitive and it makes me red and itchy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I like it but I wish it was cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2012 9:50:00 AM More reviews by mandity

I've been using this since 2 years ago. Initially, I thought it was just a gimmick and didn't think much about it -- it came together with my purchase of the cleanser so I just thought I might as well try it. I didn't realise what an amazing product it is until one day I developed a strong allergic reaction towards one very horrid faulty face powder; I sprayed the thermal water onto my skin and the itching and redness stopped in almost half an hour. My skin is rather allergic and this thermal water spray really comes in handy when my face gets red, itchy or swollen (or sometimes, all three!). When I develop pimples, I will use the Avene Cleanance gel and then spray the thermal water on. Usually, the pimples will stabilise the next day. This is an absolutely amazing product and I will definitely repurchase!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Although I had read about the benefits of spray waters such as this one (i.e., La Roche Posay and Vichy), I was unwilling to invest the money into something that seemed supremely overpriced. Until, that is, I found a can of Avene still in it's shrink-wrapping at Winners (Canadian version of Marshalls) at a significant discount.
Within a week I noticed that any redness I had (nose/chin area) had substantially decreased. I will definitely repurchase!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:34:00 PM More reviews by FabCo

I started using thermal waters about 10 years ago from 3 different brands: La Roche Posay, Vichy and Avene, this one being the best.

I like very much how it soothes and refreshes the skin -I use it after waxing, exfoliating or whenever I have a sunburn-; I also enjoy having 3 sizes to chose from: 300ml -placed over my dressing table-, 150 ml and 50ml -which I always carry in my purse-.

I dislike a little the price so I try to buy it when it is on sale and the packaging: despite being hygienic and practical, throwing away those pressurized cans feels eco-unfriendly.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Mathou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Great for freshen up

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Aether

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I too felt like a bit of an idiot parting with my hard earned cash for a can of water, but I was quite excited to try it. I sprayed it on freshly cleaned skin, hoping it would reduce some redness from my malar rash. No good - in fact, it made it itch slightly.
However, this is amazing for setting my makeup (EL Double Wear). A spritz or two of this leaves my make up smooth, does seem to help set it and keep it fresher looking for at least half a day, and best of all removes that mask-like feeling that can come from wearing heavier foundation. Feels lovely and refreshing too! Ordinary tap water achieved none of this for me.
The first time I used it I pretty much ruined my makeup by just spraying it on - the trick is to only half press the nozzle down. You'll get a fine, even mist. I do around four or five of my 'half sprays' each morning, so the larger can lasts a good few months. The problem is even though it's a good product, I can't get the thought 'it's just water' out of my head...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No