October 26, 2014 | 1045 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by moisturisingqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product to calm sensitive skin and eczema flare ups. However it is quite pricey. Don't expect this product to be a miracle product that will heal your skin and rashes. However if you are looking for a product to soothe sensitive, hot, red, irritated skin you will be pleasantly surprised to find that it works. After I sprayed this product to my face my skin felt cooler and more calm, but it only reduced the redness of my rashes by a tiny bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2012 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Out of all water sprays I've tried so far - vichy, la rosay poche, evian - this is the best because it is the most hydrating and makes my skin super soft! It also helps to calm my skin down in events of allegies/weather changes etc. I wish it could have been cheaper though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by sweetlilsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great little product and much cheaper when you buy it in France, as you can imagine. It helps keep my skin reaction free and cools you when you spritz it on. It also makes my moisturizer go a lot further. I wait until my skin is almost dry and then apply moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Musetta1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It feels stupid, buying water, but this is great in summer, especially if my skin is feeling a bit scorched from hot winds.
I took a small bottle travelling with me last year- by the endof the trip, my partner and in-laws were all borrowing the spray, after a day of touring, just to get that lovely cool-skin feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2012 9:26:00 AM More reviews by alousek

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this thermal water mainly because of the packaging, it comes also in a small handbag-friendly format of 100ml. I know that probably a dyi normal mineral water in a vaporizer would do the same, but I prefer to buy it and to have it done by somebody else.
I use it not much at home, just sometimes after a scrub or cleansing, but usually I carry it in my handbag during spring and summer (and on holidays) and use it throughout the day to refresh the face and to cool it a bit. It makes a very fine mist and it doesn’t ruin make up. As it is slowly drying it leaves a very nice feeling behind, the face looks the same (maybe even less red and a bit more dewy), but it feels like new.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by dandellion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mean it is just a water with some extra ingredients but I like it a lot. I use it for example like a setting spray to set my makeup, when it's very hot, when I burned my face or after a workout and it just really brings my skin to its normal levels. And no, it is not the same as splashing a tap water on your face. It works, but I also can't overcome the feeling of using a
'water' on my face and spending so much money for such a simple product.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2012 4:57:00 AM More reviews by aydini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i did not see any results up to date. i have been using it for a week. so far it is good for me only for its cooling effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by VENUSPEH

A good product especially if you have sensitive skin like me. I often have redness and irritated skin, but spraying the thermal water calms my skin and stop the itch. It is a Wonderful product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by SexyLittleMe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

For vacations, I travel by car, because I don't travel light. I usually end up looking like a feral child by the end of a day's journey, so I decided what I needed was something refreshing. I started to buy Evian, but found a small bottle of Avene on Amazon for about $6 and gave it a shot. Soooo glad I did! This last vacation, I'd spritz my face with it after the sun setted, and ended up looking semi-normal when I arrived at my hotel about 10pm (after driving from 6am). I don't know what it does, but it does something. I did a lot of spritzing with the bottle I've had for months, and I still have almost 1/2 a can left. Wonderful-wonderful-wonderful! Yea, it is water in a can, but it is much nicer and works much better than baby wipes or splashing my face in a rest stop's sink...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by jemyaya

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mean it's water isn't it.

A few drops of glycerin straight into regular old tap water would do a better job.

I have to commend the marketers of this though...I can just see the boardroom meeting.

Bob: "Women will buy anything if you claim it will make them look better, I could sell them a can of water and I bet they'd buy it if I said it's 'special, magical water' from a French spring, women love anything french."

Bill: "Prove it Bob."

And so Bob did, and he's laughing all the way to the bank.

22 out of 40 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No