NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer

4.2

on 2/17/2015 9:37:00 PM

Goodbye dark circles! This is the best concealer ever. There is nothing to say more, I definitely recommend this product to everyone.

This concealer works wonderfully to cover up dark spots, acne and under eye darkness and leaves a very natural looking finish. I like to apply it after my foundation by dabbing the sponge applicator directly on my face. I find the concealer works the best by pressing the product into my skin with a damp beauty blender or tapping it in with a flat foundation brush. I tried using my finger but it didn't set as evenly as with the other two methods. Afterwards I set with my NARS light reflecting loose powder and the product stays in place all day. Initially I tried the shade Custard based on reviews but found it had too much yellow for my more neutral skintone (NC20/25) so I exchanged it for Vanilla which suits me perfectly.

on 2/16/2015 5:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I asked for a concealer when I was at Sephora and this was recommended to me. I have pretty dark under eyes and it does the job and lasts long, especially with foundation or a base.

However, I'm not sure how I feel about it using it for blemishes/redness.

on 2/15/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a blemish concealer, this is fine. For undereyes, I just can't make it work for me.

*Price: *KathleenLights voice* GURL. DAS ESPENSIVE.
*Packaging: Beautiful, as usual for Nars. Arguably unhygienic if you were to use it for blemishes unless you put the product onto your hand/a clean surface before applying, but fine for undereyes.
*Product: Very thick and highly pigmented. I suppose it is "creamy" but it's also borderline dry. It dries really fast as well.
*Positives: The high pigmentation makes it ideal for dark circles or spots. A little goes a long way.
*Negatives: If I leave it on for too long without blending it out, I risk it drying in patches and not budging without a lot of effort. Sometimes I have to put a little on my hand, spritz it with Fix+, then use a damp Beauty Blender to apply, just to make it easier to work with. It might be great for you if you don't have any issues with creasing, but because it's so thick, it creases really badly on me, more than usual (everything creases on me, even Mac Prolongwear). Also, the lightest shades are all too neutral/pink. I'd like to see a pale yellow shade.

This is nice for the face, as I said, but I can't use it for my undereyes. Though it hides my dark circles, it makes my undereyes look dry and wrinkly, no matter what setting powder I use. That's not something I should be dealing with at 22 years old! I can't justify the price for something I would only use to conceal blemishes, since I rarely cover my blemishes anyway (I prefer a light-medium coverage look). I'd rather use my Maybelline Fit Me!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Best concealer hands down nothing better. Very pricey tho.

Pro's:
- Very nice colour range. (including a very light shade for me)
- I find that this product can be used on blemishes as well as under the eyes, wich is very rare for me. It covers moderate dark cirkels and spots nicely.
- Even after I have set my make up, I feel i can still go in with a little of this concealer on places that need it. I normally never do this because I'm afraid of cakey looking skin. It just blends like a dream.
- This concealer wears fine throughout a normal workday for me.

Cons:
- You can never get all the product out of the packaging. And that makes me sad.

Application:
I apply the product directly onder my eyes with the wand, and blend out with a mac 217. I use a tiny pointy liner brush for spot concealing and blend that out with a zoeva concealer buffing brush.

Whenever I run out of this concealer I miss it. It is always in my purse for on the go touch ups. A little tip: I like maybelinnes fit me concealer just as much, but there is no shade match for me. If you don't have porcelain skin, definitly check those out!

on 2/13/2015 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

i'm giving this one 4 lippies. it would be 5 but for the small amount of creasing i experience when i wear this for a whole day but that's easy to fix with a bit of blending. everything else about the product is amazing. the colour match is perfect - i'm very pale and have chantilly and it's excellent not only for brightening under my eyes but brightening my browbone if i'm not wearing eye makeup and making me look more awake. it really is radiant too - in the right light, it makes the skin glow. the doe foot applicator is easy to use, and it blends like a dream. i'd spend the $35 again in a second.

on 2/13/2015 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Okay so I've been holding off writing a review (as I tend to do) just to be sure, and I'm going to say it - this is my favourite concealer! I've tried a few over the years (from drugstore brands to MAC etc) and I love love love this NARS concealer - it has well deserved HG status for me.

I use this as a blemish concealer because I get hormonal cystic acne and have some scarring on my chin which I hate. I don't use this as an under eye concealer so I can't vouch for its use in that way. As a blemish concealer it is amazing - I'm really impressed. I really like the applicator - it seems much more hygienic than tubes or concealer pots, which is important for me because I use it for covering up acne. The coverage is full and matches my skin tone really well - C3/NC25-30 in MAC - I bought the shade ginger.

I've read a bit that the Maybelline Fit Me concealer is a great drugstore dupe for this. I've tried both and the Maybelline concealer is a bit more medium coverage and runnier - so I still lean towards the NARS version because I like the extra coverage.

As with all NARS products, I love the packaging, but the price is very exxy which is the major downfall of the product. However I think the quality is amazing and I will repurchase if I run out because I haven't found anything that matches this product. Given I don't need to use much of it I consider it more of an investment purchase and hopefully it will last a good amount of time.

on 2/12/2015 2:57:00 PM

I bought this purely based on the hype it had been getting (I know, I know!) and particularly because a lot of people recommended it for dark circles. THEN I saw a video of Mary Greenwell doing Sali Hughes' makeup for her recent beauty book and it looked so lovely on her, really opened up her eye area.

I, sadly, am not as skillful as Mary Greenwell. The colour of this is perfect (I got Light 2 Vanilla), it is genuinely radiant and when first applied looks great. However it really is creamy which = creases. So I tried very lightly powdering with LM translucent. Still creased plus looked dry and cakey. I have tried using it to cover blemishes and on no foundation days to just tidy up. Again, great when first on but by mid day you could actually see it sitting in the pores and if I touch my face even lightly it smudged about.

Gutted! I so wanted to love this and for really dry skin this might be great but on my comination late 30s skin it's for nights out only where I only need it to look good for a few hours.

UPDATE - I have persevered with this but using a primer (the clarins one which I only use under my eyes for this purpose) and a large fluffy brush to blend (Read Techniques contour or setting brushes). NOW I get it! I still need to set with powder and less is more but it does look great when primed so it doens't cake or crease.

I still now prefer the Clarins concealer in the tube not least because you get so much of it but I will definitely finish this one up.

on 2/12/2015 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is pretty great, my personal thoughts on it is that it's an AMAZING concealer for blemishes, dark spots, discoloration, etc. It seriously covers up everything without having to build it on. My only problem with it is that it claims to be "creaseless" under the eyes. I wouldn't say so. The first time I tried it I did not set it with a powder, and it creased up...a lot. The next time I experimented with it I set it right away to try to prevent the creasing and it still creased up on me and really exaggerated my fine lines. At that point I was on the verge of returning it, but then I tried using it to cover up blemishes and OH. MAH. GAHD. You guys... This is perfect for that purpose. It blends in perfectly while providing maximum coverage and really covers up annoying little breakouts and redness around the nose. With that said, if you're looking for something that will cover up your under eye circles without creasing, this probably won't be your jam. If you're looking for a quick and flawless blemish eraser, I highly recommend this concealer.