September 2, 2014 | 1996 users online

Concealers - NARS - Radiant Creamy Concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by GirlyGirl143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this concealer. It is beautiful for under the eyes and really brightens up my face. I am a PPP, Nw10 and I use the shade "chantilly", which is the lightest color. I am fairly neutral, and this shade does have a *slight* yellow tone to it but blended out it is not noticeable at all. I love the consistency and how easily it blends. It does stay on for a good 12 hours once set with powder. I am not one to spend a lot on cosmetics if I don't have to, but somethings really are just better in the higher end brands. It is really pricey ($30US) but it is worth it. Love love love this!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2014 4:54:00 AM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing great reviews everywhere. I've been using it for a week and so far..
Colour : I have Ginger, which I thought might be too light for my NC40/BB Warm Natural skin but the SA said the next one up (Biscuit) was not yellow toned enough. It seems to warm up on my skin and looks OK, but I think I could do with a touch more yellow. I had to take a passport-sized photo with flash the next day and this concealer looked literally picture-perfect worn with foundation and powder. Not too confident about wearing it just on its own, though; it doesn't exactly have that "melt-into-the-skin" quality I have been looking for.
Application : goes on quite smoothly without dragging. I apply a few dots in the inner corners and pat it in with a Bare Minerals concealer brush (wide and flat), and finish off by patting with my fingers.
Texture : not the creamiest I've ever used. This one feels like it's got some powder mixed in to give it body. Unlike other wand concealers I've used it can emphasise lines, so I now wear eye cream underneath and set with only a very light dusting of powder.
Coverage : can be patchy and bobbly depending if I've applied it over foundation, so usually needs a second layer. At the end of the day I've still got some coverage but it's faded and patchy; the good news though is that it hasn't settled in lines.
Before this I used MAC Moisture Cover NC42 mixed with NC35 or more recently, with Maybelline Fit Me Concealer in Medium 25 which I'd had to grab from a drugstore in a concealer "emergency". I wish I'd tried a darker shade in Fit Me instead. I think it has a better texture and wear than NARS.
*Update* Maybe I've finally got the application right - it's performing much better across the board. A repeat purchase is now very likely!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ilovealmondjoys

Pricey! But worth it. Most amazing concealer I've ever used. I used to use concealers from the drugstore that only made my acne worse, but this doesn't do that. Very natural looking. Blends right into the skin, and looks like skin! Try it, you won't be disappointed!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2014 10:01:00 PM More reviews by xcessa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good concealer - pigmented, quite easy to blend, dries down to a nice matte that doesn't budge. However because of the high pigmentation, if you don't get an exact colour match, it's not very forgiving. I'm the depth of Vanilla, however this pulls *so* pink on my neutral/yellow undertone skin that I can't even really use it! The next two colours above Vanilla are so strange - one (honey) is very orange-peach and one (custard) is very yellow and too dark for me. I refuse to buy two $35 concealers just to get a colour match!! I'm sure if I mixed custard and vanilla it would be perfect but that's just ridiculous. I can't say that I love this more than my trusty mac studio finish in the pot. I would suggest getting a sample of this and trying it at home before you make a purchase. I'm not very impressed that anyone below a NC25 can't get a colour match in this line.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

Great coverage, color, no crease/fine line seepage. I like this way better than my Lancome waterproof concealer which looks ashy and dry. Right now this is the only thing holding my look together. Givenchy foundation was a disappointment

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by bublebulle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, let's put it straight - for me, it is the best concealer I've ever used. It has won the HG status in my makeup kit and I have backups in my bag for potential touch-ups. I'm seriously in love and here's why...

Pros:
- Great range of shades from light to deep, pink to yellow undertones.
- Great pigmentation, I would say medium to full coverage
- It really is long-lasting, I hardly need to retouch it during the day
- Doesn't go into the fine lines
- The finish is somewhere between matte and luminous; it looks really natural as it blends really nicely onto the skin

Cons:
- Pricey; 26 euros for 6ml. Ouch!
- I'm a MAC NC40 and I have to mix two shades to get the perfect match on me (MEDIUM2 Ginger + MED/DARK2 Caramel) so it's even pricier
- The doe-foot applicator makes me feel I will never be able to use the whole product so that is another $$$ that's gone! And it's not very hygienic in my opinion. I would have loved a tube like the Make Up For Ever Full Cover concealer.

In short:
My favorite concealer so far (and I've tried a lot, since I'm obsessed with foundations and concealers for years - my other obsession is luxury/high-end makeup brushes) but I would love NARS to rethink this product for a more economic (for the customer at least) and more hygienic packaging! This is why I didn't give the product 5 lippies but as for effectiveness and finish, this concealer performs - almost - like magic. Really love it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

I was so excited to try this nars concealer and had REALLY high hopes for it. Unfortunately, I had to return this to sephora! :(
For a liquid concealer, this offers great coverage. I'd say strong medium coverage - buildable full for sure. However, I found this concealer to look kind of dry and not 'radiant' at all. The name is very decieving. I purchased this to use on my dark dark dark under eyes and yes while it covers the darkness quite well, it looked dry and creased a bit. I tried prepping my undereyes with eyecream and then eyecream+ primer, and it didn't help the dry look. I then tried it on any blemishes on my face, and it worked fine for that. Too bad the shade selection is just OK, the colours jump too far from each other. Custard is a bit too light and Ginger is slightly too dark and orange to use on any spots on my face. The staying power is just decent in my opinion. I did not see it breaking down until the 4 hour mark without setting powder. Also, because this concealer is dry, it sort of sets itself.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:34:00 AM More reviews by triplejjj

This is my HG concealer! It really does what it claims. I have extremely dark circles and this covers them really well. It doesn't feel heavy at all. It blends in very well and the color range is fantastic! I am in the shade custard and it matches my skin perfectly! It doesn't crease if you set it with a powder, and I set it with the MAC studio fix powder. I also use this on my blemishes or any discoloration I have on my face, only because it is the exact same color as my skin. The reason why I didn't get a lighter shade to use as a concealer because the one lighter than the shade custard was too light for me. All in all, this concealer is highly recommended for those who want a medium to full coverage for their under eyes, as well as blemishes and for those who like something that easily glides on and blends well onto the skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite concealer to use under my eyes. It's very creamy, but it doesn't settle into any of my fine lines. Even when I use a lot of product, it never becomes cakey. It mimics my skins natural finish: matte but still luminous.

I use shade Vanilla 2, and while it's a perfect fit for my under eyes, when I use it on a blemish, the color is extremely off. It's so pink! I wish that I could use this on blemishes.

The coverage is amazing. Up until I realized that the color was off on my skin, this was a favorite to use on textures pimples. It didn't cake up my acne or clog them anymore.

Even though this is expensive, this works so well and was so worth the money. I've had my tube since July and I have not run out yet. I will update when I do run out.

EDIT: It is now the end of February and this tube is on its last leg. I've found that as I get to the bottom of the tube, the product has become dryer and now sticks to my dry patches and settles into fine lines. Just be aware!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by thubbard

This might be my HG concealer (for under the eyes at least). I heard about this one and figured it had to be pretty good with all the amazing reviews, and it really is. It's very creamy, but doesn't dry as fast as the MAC Pro Longwear, so there is more play time. But it's also buildable after the layer dries. It has a nice consistency, not too thick for me because I had been using the Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer and that stuff is THICK. I liked it for the time being but this concealer is definitely superior. It hasn't creased on me yet, and I set it with a Neutrogena mineral powder. As far as for covering pimples, it's ok, and gets the job done for me because I don't tend to get a ton of obnoxious pimples at once. If there comes a time a need extra coverage for pimples I would probably buy an additional concealer (a friend recommended Benefit's Boi-ing concealer). One thing I really really love about this concealer (as many people have been saying) is the great color range. I have Vanilla, and it is the perfect color for my fair but not porcelain skin. Overall, would buy again and recommend to anyone--especially if you have a hard time finding the right color in concealers.