December 19, 2014 | 1461 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by joeywin

I have an oily tzone and minor redness. This stuff is perfect. It covers without looking heavy or cakey. The lasting power is also good and gets me through a full day without needing a touch up. It does make my pores less visible and it is a chemical free sunscreen! Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/13/2013 2:54:00 AM More reviews by redbloodlips

I want to love this product, the texture is amazing and it feels good on the skin, it covered my acne scars pretty decently and it lasted 7+hrs on my oily skin. However it made me break out terribly, so I won't repurchase. I guess, I will continue on the path of looking for the right BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by MCast

My first shot at the BB cream craze was unfortunate and a dream-shattering experience. My friend gave me her Garnier 'Miracle' BB cream because the shade was too dark for her light complexion. Well thanks but no thanks, the freakin' product gave me the worst acne. I took me about a week to get my face clear again. Even though Garnier sucked at delivering a formula that did not clog pores, I loved the finish. Dewy and natural-looking. Thanks to this disaster, I was inspired to find a better product, one that was possibly a little pricier, but heck, my face was on the battle line! I came across this Tarte product after lots of research. It's a tinted primer -lacks the whole 'moisturizing' appeal of the BB trend. But does it work on my oily skin! It's easy to apply and controls the shine throughout the day. I do get oily by the afternoon, but I live in Florida, and its humidity has mercy on no one. My biggest surprise was that I did not break me out! Praise the makeup lord! I even took a nap wearing it as its final test. I'm quite happy with this product. It's perfect for someone who doesn't wear foundation, and wouldn't like to do so in the future, but still likes to look pull together while protecting her skin from sun damage. Definitely give it a test run at Sephora!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/9/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Annakie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was SO excited to try this product because I'm trying to wear less makeup and be more mindful of the chemicals in what I use. This BB cream is easy to glide on, and the fair shade is one of very few that actually is light enough for my NC 15/20 skin. As others have mentioned, it doesn't offer much coverage at all--mostly it just smooths out your skin tone. I'd mostly recommend it as a primer or something for those who don't like looking "made up."

Personally, I didn't really like the texture of this--it's so full of silicones that it feels greasy, but it makes it slide around well WITHOUT slipping off during the day. Unfortunately, it also highlights every tiny bit of dry or flaky skin you might have.

I also loved that this BB cream has no chemical sunblock, parabens or other questionable ingredients I try to avoid. I did notice, however, that it contains stearic acid, which is acnegenic...I tried it anyway, hoping it was a small enough amount that it wouldn't bother my skin, but I broke out. :( It's going back to the store.

PROS:
--Good color for fair skin
--Physical sunblock
--Long wearing
--Ingredients are on the safe/natural side

CONS:
--Stearic Acid a problem for acne-prone skin
--Picks up dry skin
--Greasy silicone feeling going on

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:11:00 AM More reviews by alix1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Having read such amazing reviews about this product, I went to great lengths to track one down - these are not readily available in the UK and US sites won't ship at all. I ended up obtaining it from a lovely swapper in Canada.
Unfortunately I wasn't nearly as impressed as I had hoped. I have given it reasonable lippies as I don't think it's "bad" exactly buy in all honesty - no better than MAC tinted moisturiser which is much cheaper and easily obtained.
The covereage is light as you would expect from a BB/primer and has a silky feel as applied. I don't think the staying power is huge but I've only worn it for 3 days and work lighting is particularly harsh. I will use it up but unlikely to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by miscellea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really lovely product. It applies smoothly and goes a bit matte when you rub it in, which puts it head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to BB creams.

Powder helps set this cream and makes it last much longer, otherwise it really doesn't make it until the end of the day. That may just be me. I have somewhat oily skin, which can be a trial for any foundation to survive so I end up using powder no matter what.

The packaging is REALLY pretty. I love the bamboo cap, which is one of those things that just makes me happy to see in the morning. Instant mood lifter!

I wouldn't recommend using this cream without blush and possibly also contouring powder. The coverage is just good enough that you're going to need the additional coloration.

All in all, I would use this every day if I could afford it. However, it runs about $35 a tube at Sephora so I can't really call it my every-every day cream even though a little will go a LONG way. I first got this as a sample from the Sephora shop girl and just the little trial jar she gave me lasted several days!

I feel like my skin looks better for having used it. I don't even break out if I forget to take it off at night and I think it says something about the weight of it that I can do that. Normally I am hyper aware of how makeup feels on my face.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazeballs. The milisecond I tried it out at Sephora, I knew I had to have it. Firstly, this product is not a traditional BB cream -- BB creams usually apply more like foundation and are creamier and purport to have skincare benefits. This is literally just a silicone primer with added SPF. So why is it so great? The texture! I have ginormous pores essentially all over my face from hormone issues :/ I've tried countless primers, with Clinique's pore corrector being the one I usually settle on, because it's tinted. The difference in the texture was stark when I left this Tarte primer at my hotel and had to use the Clinique the next day. The Clinique product, like a lot of unfortunate silicone primers, is less spreadable, drier, and heavier. It similarly fills in pores, but it looks obvious and emphasizes fine lines. This Tarte primer is beautifully smooth, feels light, manages to retain some moisture so your face doesn't look like a mummy, and has the perfect amount of pigment to actually even out skin tone and also work beautifully as a base for makeup. I've never purchased anything from Tarte before, but this is really a winner. Good job!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Daynnie

I am absolutely in love with this BB. First off, everything breaks me out. I have been using only mineral makeup in the past 7 months because of it. My BE does not last as long as I would want to (12+hrs) - hence search for BB/primer. I chose this over other "drugstore" products at Ulta despite its price ($34). I swatched it at the store and loved the coverage and how it felt on my hand. Ingredients seemed safe (and turns out, I have surprisingly no problem with this after a month of daily use). It is not moisturizing but not drying. I use Neutrogena night wrinkle serum underneath (every moisturizer I've tried breaks me out) and just a little layer of BE on top. The coverage is medium and can be layered. I apply with BE kabuki brush (dense with short bristles), larger brushes provide sheerer coverage. It is very easy to blend and it does "melt in" your skin while providing coverage. You must exfoliate with this, as it does accentuate dryness!! I sometimes redo my nose because of this but I do not mind. It sets in nicely and does not look dry or powdery, rather silky and very natural. I can't say enough how much I fell in love with this. My makeup stays put all day, add the great physical SPF, no flashback (I do use BE and bronzer on top). I have used it every single day since the day I've bought it.

Tarte maracuja oil at night since my skin is dryer in winter months. Otherwise, my skin has not looked better in two years! Great in pictures, I do set undereye and T-zone with setting powder.
Do recommend absolutely to anyone, get a tester if worried. I am lighter but opted for the second lightest shade (light, lightest is called fair) just to get more color in my face. I love how it looks, not oily, not unnatural matte. Perfect!! I layer extra makeup on top just for more coverage when I go out of the house, otherwise it would not be needed at all.
I have already repurchased because I had a 20%Ulta coupon. Try it with tarte concealer, it's a killer! (testers at Sephora)
Good luck!

UPDATE: If it broke you out, make sure you really take it off well at night. I had problems about 2 weeks in and realized I was not taking it off completely. It can easily stay in your pores if you are not careful (think super long lasting foundation and spackle to get rid of it). While this is not spackle worthy - thank god - I do use extra toner to rub it off. I do not mind, glad it stays put all day. Extra 2 minutes at night totally worth it :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB primer broke me out. But breakouts aside, I didn't see the point of this product. It left a powdery, slippery feel on my skin, dried my combo skin out a bit, and took too long to blend out. I'd rather use sunscreen as primer and top with an illuminating powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by shalyserenee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I still have mixed feelings about BB creams. It seems so pricey for a tinted moisturizer. I don't typically wear any foundation, and like to minimize any product I don't need to use. I have to admit that a BB cream, for myself, seems like an extra step, but when I'm looking for a little more coverage, this will absolutely be my go to product. It's sheer enough to not feel like a foundation, but has a little coverage and acts a bit like a primer (bous). I almost wish I liked to wear that base layer because the product itself is amazing.

I do have to say, however, this BB cream was super luxe feeling on my skin. That alone was why I even bought the product. It blends well. The pigment was spot on for me. It made my skin feel silky and not "makeupy" at all.

If you are in the market for a BB cream you must try it. It really is one of my favorite Tarte products I've ever tried. I guess I just need to find more dressy makeup occassions. :) haha