October 24, 2014 | 1635 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by miscellea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a really lovely product. It applies smoothly and goes a bit matte when you rub it in, which puts it head and shoulders above the rest when it comes to BB creams.

Powder helps set this cream and makes it last much longer, otherwise it really doesn't make it until the end of the day. That may just be me. I have somewhat oily skin, which can be a trial for any foundation to survive so I end up using powder no matter what.

The packaging is REALLY pretty. I love the bamboo cap, which is one of those things that just makes me happy to see in the morning. Instant mood lifter!

I wouldn't recommend using this cream without blush and possibly also contouring powder. The coverage is just good enough that you're going to need the additional coloration.

All in all, I would use this every day if I could afford it. However, it runs about $35 a tube at Sephora so I can't really call it my every-every day cream even though a little will go a LONG way. I first got this as a sample from the Sephora shop girl and just the little trial jar she gave me lasted several days!

I feel like my skin looks better for having used it. I don't even break out if I forget to take it off at night and I think it says something about the weight of it that I can do that. Normally I am hyper aware of how makeup feels on my face.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:09:00 PM More reviews by wagashi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is amazeballs. The milisecond I tried it out at Sephora, I knew I had to have it. Firstly, this product is not a traditional BB cream -- BB creams usually apply more like foundation and are creamier and purport to have skincare benefits. This is literally just a silicone primer with added SPF. So why is it so great? The texture! I have ginormous pores essentially all over my face from hormone issues :/ I've tried countless primers, with Clinique's pore corrector being the one I usually settle on, because it's tinted. The difference in the texture was stark when I left this Tarte primer at my hotel and had to use the Clinique the next day. The Clinique product, like a lot of unfortunate silicone primers, is less spreadable, drier, and heavier. It similarly fills in pores, but it looks obvious and emphasizes fine lines. This Tarte primer is beautifully smooth, feels light, manages to retain some moisture so your face doesn't look like a mummy, and has the perfect amount of pigment to actually even out skin tone and also work beautifully as a base for makeup. I've never purchased anything from Tarte before, but this is really a winner. Good job!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Daynnie

I am absolutely in love with this BB. First off, everything breaks me out. I have been using only mineral makeup in the past 7 months because of it. My BE does not last as long as I would want to (12+hrs) - hence search for BB/primer. I chose this over other "drugstore" products at Ulta despite its price ($34). I swatched it at the store and loved the coverage and how it felt on my hand. Ingredients seemed safe (and turns out, I have surprisingly no problem with this after a month of daily use). It is not moisturizing but not drying. I use Neutrogena night wrinkle serum underneath (every moisturizer I've tried breaks me out) and just a little layer of BE on top. The coverage is medium and can be layered. I apply with BE kabuki brush (dense with short bristles), larger brushes provide sheerer coverage. It is very easy to blend and it does "melt in" your skin while providing coverage. You must exfoliate with this, as it does accentuate dryness!! I sometimes redo my nose because of this but I do not mind. It sets in nicely and does not look dry or powdery, rather silky and very natural. I can't say enough how much I fell in love with this. My makeup stays put all day, add the great physical SPF, no flashback (I do use BE and bronzer on top). I have used it every single day since the day I've bought it.

Tarte maracuja oil at night since my skin is dryer in winter months. Otherwise, my skin has not looked better in two years! Great in pictures, I do set undereye and T-zone with setting powder.
Do recommend absolutely to anyone, get a tester if worried. I am lighter but opted for the second lightest shade (light, lightest is called fair) just to get more color in my face. I love how it looks, not oily, not unnatural matte. Perfect!! I layer extra makeup on top just for more coverage when I go out of the house, otherwise it would not be needed at all.
I have already repurchased because I had a 20%Ulta coupon. Try it with tarte concealer, it's a killer! (testers at Sephora)
Good luck!

UPDATE: If it broke you out, make sure you really take it off well at night. I had problems about 2 weeks in and realized I was not taking it off completely. It can easily stay in your pores if you are not careful (think super long lasting foundation and spackle to get rid of it). While this is not spackle worthy - thank god - I do use extra toner to rub it off. I do not mind, glad it stays put all day. Extra 2 minutes at night totally worth it :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This BB primer broke me out. But breakouts aside, I didn't see the point of this product. It left a powdery, slippery feel on my skin, dried my combo skin out a bit, and took too long to blend out. I'd rather use sunscreen as primer and top with an illuminating powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by shalyserenee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I still have mixed feelings about BB creams. It seems so pricey for a tinted moisturizer. I don't typically wear any foundation, and like to minimize any product I don't need to use. I have to admit that a BB cream, for myself, seems like an extra step, but when I'm looking for a little more coverage, this will absolutely be my go to product. It's sheer enough to not feel like a foundation, but has a little coverage and acts a bit like a primer (bous). I almost wish I liked to wear that base layer because the product itself is amazing.

I do have to say, however, this BB cream was super luxe feeling on my skin. That alone was why I even bought the product. It blends well. The pigment was spot on for me. It made my skin feel silky and not "makeupy" at all.

If you are in the market for a BB cream you must try it. It really is one of my favorite Tarte products I've ever tried. I guess I just need to find more dressy makeup occassions. :) haha

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by Mlyssailes

I am so sad! I loved the lightness and the texture of this BB cream. It blurred my large pores and balanced out my combination skin. The color was really nice compared to other tarte products. However, it broke me out. So sad. I'm going back to the tinted moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jsunny

This was a big no-no. Even though I have combination skin, this made my dry spots stand out so X5 much and whenever I put it on my t-zone, it also made it flake (I do give it props for controlling oil) I recommend the Tinted Moisturizer for combo and dry skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by charb3

The colour was perfect for my skin and I love the texture of this bb cream. With that being said, this product broke me out! It's a shame because I really wanted it to work out! I had so many pimples because I refused to let it go. The second I did though... the pimples disappeared! I now purchased Too Faced bb cream... will let you know how it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by leh529

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

**** update** I really did want to love this, but I am afraid it has been breaking me out since I got 2 huge cystic type zits (which I hardly ever get) It makes me so sad. I might wait till they clear up and try it again just to make sure.

I love this product! It has a smooth silky feel that other BB creams lack. I had been using another one that felt too mask like, but this one glides on smoothly. A little goes a long way. I got a sample from Sephora to try first & I will be purchasing as soon as the sample runs out. I pair it with the Tarte clay concealer & mineral powder- perfect all natural makeup look. This will be nice in the summer too because it is so lightweight. The color match is a little darker since I have light medium skin & I wear medium in this. The coverage is good for a BB but i use the concealer to provide extra for my mild-moderate acne. I set it with powder & I'm good to go! I will definitely keep buying this as long as I continue to be breakout free!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Blueivy2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Loveee this product!!!!! i bought the garnier bb cream and i have dry skin and it made my face oily.. but i got a sample of the tarte bb cream AND I FELL IN LOVEE!!!!! it made my face even i use it as a primer with my kat von d and this too togetherrrr MY FACE LOOKS FLAWLESS!!!!!!!