July 30, 2014 | 989 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by Blueivy2012

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Loveee this product!!!!! i bought the garnier bb cream and i have dry skin and it made my face oily.. but i got a sample of the tarte bb cream AND I FELL IN LOVEE!!!!! it made my face even i use it as a primer with my kat von d and this too togetherrrr MY FACE LOOKS FLAWLESS!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2013 2:23:00 AM More reviews by mochaCoca

This BB primer has been my favorite beauty product find of the year. It's tint comes in four shades. I got the medium color for my caramel skin color and it smoothly blends into my skin for a perfect color match. The cream glides over my face and settles into a beautiful matte finish. I need a small pea size or less for my whole face. Ultimately it leaves my face moist and perfect and natural looking (only better) without looking cakey or oily. I have been able to use minimum Dermablend on my melasma areas on my cheeks now. I don't need to wear a foundation now either since this cream does it all and it transforms my face yet keeps it looking so natural. I love it. Perfect multi-tasking primer that I won't go without!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 9:04:00 AM More reviews by fina125

after reviewing all different kinds of BB creams and primers I came across this one. Ulta had my shade sold out for a while so I went to Sephora and glad I did. I have oily skin and this is does make my face look matte. I use it as a base and apply my mineral powder foundation and it provides right amount of coverage. I would recommend for people with oily T Zone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by bravenewworld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG product for sure! I have combination skin - oily t-zone, dry everywhere else - and this stuff is absolute perfection. The oil control is absolutely fabulous - after a 10 hour day, my forehead is still matte.

This stuff is great for everyday light coverage. It's smooth, easy to apply, and basically gives you "your skin but better" coverage. I have pretty good skin, so that works well for me, but if you have acne you'll need to use some foundation or concealer on top of it and this might not be a must-buy.

My only qualm is the price; it's about $40 which is a lot for how much you get. That being said, a little goes a long way (I've been using it for a month and it still seems completely full), so I'll have to see how long it lasts before I decide whether to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2013 7:18:00 PM More reviews by beaniewienie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was interested in a bb cream or a primer, but this had good reviews as a foundation for oily skin. QVC had it for a one time only value with the brush, so I ordered it. I got the shade "Light" for my neutral NC/NW20 skintone & this is the most perfect shade of foundation that I have ever used. It gives light, natural coverage. Evens out my skintone really well. It wears all day without fading. Stays fairly matte all day & move of all...it doesn't break me out! I love it. I did try it under another liquid foundation for more coverage, but it didn't work for me as a "primer". It worked well mixed with my Napolean Perdis China Doll Foundation that is just a touch too dark for me & that gave it a bit more coverage on a day that I wanted that. Did I already say that I love it? Well I do.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 2:59:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For starters, I initially wanted to purchase a true BB cream (had my eyes on MISSHA Signature Gold). I kept reading about BB creams from Asia and was tempted, but then I came across this product. From what I read, this is nothing like a traditional BB cream. When I first tried it, the texture reminded me a lot of Yves Saint Laurent's Matt Touch Foundation. But boy did this out perform that foundation. So on to my review:

Pros:
-Lightweight, silky feeling (like a primer due to the silicones) and easily blendable. Not sure how you'd use this with a brush, but my fingers did the trick.
-I bought "Light" for my NC25 skin and the match was spot on (although it takes a few minutes to blend and sink in)
-The coverage is buildable but only to maybe a "medium" coverage. It does not fully cover blemishes no matter how much you put on. I love that it is light to medium though. I am trying to avoid the "caked on" look that my minerals alone have been giving me after a few hours of wear.
-Gives a great base for those, like myself, who need a little bit more cover
-Staying power is amazing and it keeps my mineral makeup sitting on top looking fresh and not oily. (For those adding minerals or another foundation on top, give Tarte foundation a full 5 minutes or so to blend in and set).
-Because it blends so well into the skin, my bronzer/blush combo just pops. So pretty!!!!
-Thus far, no break outs!

CONS:
-Not a one stop foundation...... for me at least. I put Laura Mercier minerals on top and concealed any other spots I had with a concealer. But my makeup looked amazing, so I cannot say it's really that much of a CON. It's just really expensive product for a base (but I can live with that!)
-I live in a very dry climate, so I can see how some say that this accentuates dry spots. But for me, my dryness comes from old breakouts and I think this is helping to heal them. So I just put extra moisturizer on those spots.

Overall, i love this product despite my initial worry when I put it on. I didn't expect to cover and look as good as I thought, but it did. I am traveling next week with 2 kids in tow, so we'll see how this holds up! I will update !!!

QUICK QUESTION: to those who use a concealer with this, do you apply the concealer before or after the tarte bb cream? I am having a hard time making my concealer work with this (I just switched to Napoleon Perdis foundation stick but use as concealer). It's not blending quite right. :/ The tarte still looks amazing though! :)

UPDATE: Still having a hard time blending. I am hoping once my skin clears a little, this will look a lot better. Also this is NOT a good primer to wear for flash photography. :( It totally gives you the ghostly appearance. Bummer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2013 12:14:00 AM More reviews by sksouthwick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this the first time I tried it on at Sephora (I never do that!) and I love it as much as the day I got it. I sunburn really easily, but this cream's SPF is strong enough to keep my skin protected. I love how smooth it feels and the lightest color is light enough for my skintone, which is a constant problem for me. I had previously been using Bobbi Brown's BB cream, but it hasn't left my drawer since I bought this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Purchased the light and the color match is good. I don't use this as a primer, just by itself for a bit of coverage and I have to say I like it (doesn't seem to be problematic for my eyes which is rare). On vacation I used a good amount as I was in the sun and didn't want to burn (and I didn't so the product worked). If I tap it in it leaves a nice finish, just a light bit of color to sort of smooth things out. I haven't tried foundation over it so I can't speak to that. All in all a lovely product. I have to moisturize under this product during the colder months to get a nice finish, also using a blender to apply and just a dot of concealer on one stubborn area and I'm good to go.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by luvlost03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im really liking this so far, ive been looking for a bb cream or tinted moisturizer for a while now and im happy I found this. I have oily/combo skin thats clog prone and I dont need much coverage.first let me say that I dont like primers because I dont like silicones, I feel they makee oilier. This does the best job at controling the oil, I still have to blot but even then im not an oil slick and I still look good. The coverage for me is great, then I top it off with bare minerals powder, love it. I also love that the spf is high and chemical free. The olny downside is that there's only four shades the fair is a little to light and the light is a little dark so I have to mix the two for now, but in the summer I can just wear the light and in the winter I can wear the fair. Great job tarte.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by NOLACreoleGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went into Sephora for skin care products and decided to try out a BB Cream. I had the associate pick out 2 that she thought were the best and try them on one side of my face. They both looked about the same but the texture knocked me out! It literally felt like velvet going on! It absorbed well and the fact that it has a sunscreen and primer was awesome! While its not a full coverage foundation & I do have some dark spots and blemishes, this DEFINITELY makes them so much less noticeable. I am so glad I spent the money on this! It also doesn't take much and when I use my Mineral Vail over this it looks even better! Definitely becoming a staple for me!