Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 11/28/2013 1:53:00 PM

I know this product is loved, but I didn't like it at all. I bought the "Smooth Kiss" at Target, which is a plain, unflavored balm. I searched high and low for the vanilla one, but it was always gone...I wanted to try the product, so I settled for plain. (Maybe this was my first mistake?) The packaging: metal tin with a lid - I can live with it, but not my favorite. Consistency: kind of waxy, I thought. Also, the Smooth Kiss one has a white tint: if you apply it under lip color, expect it to alter the color. For this reason, I reverted to only using it at night, and honestly, when I woke up, I felt it was still sitting on my lips and hadn't absorbed well. Also, I had a really weird, albeit faint, white rim of sticky product around my mouth. Not cool. I actually ended up tossing the tin before I finished it (about a month after purchase). For lip balm, I vastly prefer Palmer's cocoa butter stick, Aquaphor and just plain Chapstick. YMMV!

on 11/23/2013 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the raspberry and the vanilla ones on sale, and the other reviewers are right in saying that they make the lips look white. So sometimes I wear them over lip stain, sometimes on my nose, in cuts...

But they work really well as perfume primers, the vanilla one especially. This isn't the usual heavy vanilla scent; it's not cake-like at all. There's something very ethereal and light about it, though the scent itself is quite strong for a lip balm. I apply it to the backs of ears, collarbones, and wrists; it's a good enough scent by itself, but other perfumes last longer applied on top. It works well with L'Occitane's Verbena, Ambre by Reminiscence, grapefruit essential oil, and L'Aromarine's Rose.

However, don't mix the raspberry and vanilla scents; together they smell vaguely offensive, but mostly ordinary.

on 11/19/2013 10:58:00 PM

I really like this. Its one of my fave lip products. I do prefer Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. Just eorks better for me. I also prefer sticks over tins. I have the vanilla one of this. It smells great. Overall definitely worth a try.

on 11/19/2013 10:52:00 PM

Oh my god! IN LOVE!!
This stuff is a miracle worker!

My local Walgreen's was having a sale- 2 for $5
So I bought all four, and I can't say I will ever regret that decision.
I will defiantly be repurchasing this when I run out.

on 11/18/2013 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the texture...like butter. Raspberry one is my favorite.

on 11/16/2013 8:26:00 PM

I bought this in the Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss scent/flavor. I didn't expect to like the scent all that much because I'm not a fan of vanilla, but I was completely wrong. I LOVE the scent!! It doesn't smell like typical vanilla. It does have a "warm" smell to it. It doesn't really smell like macadamia nuts to me either?? Either way, the scent is wonderful and I love going to sleep with it on my lips. The texture is nice, but the balm itself is not moisturizing enough for me, but I have very dry skin and lips. It wears off after ~2-3 hours when I don't even do anything except drink water. I think this product is best for normal lips that need just a little bit of hydration. I wish this wasn't a tin, because I hate dipping my fingers in beauty products.

I'd give this a 3, but the scent is just too good.

on 11/16/2013 2:23:00 PM

This is a great product in a handy tin. I am quite the Nivea in a tin fan. great price and great little lip balm.

on 11/12/2013 4:32:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

The best lip balm I think I have ever tried. My lips are super dry and this lip balm lasts for such a long time and moisturizes so well. I will slather this all over my lips before I go to sleep and wake up with super soft and hydrated lips. Definitely a winner.

Plus, it smells amazing (the caramel cream is my favourite scent) and a pot of this lasts me months and months.

on 11/12/2013 12:56:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I just bought a holiday set with the flavor/scent called Raspberry Rose Kiss, I love it so much! I was going to swap the 2nd tin it came with but after trying it I'm fed keeping the second tin. It's very smooth and moisturizing, I like it better than Korres' butters. I usually hate raspberry anything but the scent isn't overpowering at all, it's more like a bubblegum scent.

on 11/11/2013 11:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I am loving my Smooth Kiss Nivea Original Lip Butter! I am allergic to beeswax and it has taken me so long to find a balm that I can use without breaking out. It is very smooth and moisturizes my lips for the entire day. I often use it over my lip liners to make them look like a lipstick since it gives a soft sheen look. A little goes a long way, especially if applying it under a glossy lipstick. You only need to use a little bit to achieve great hydration. With that being said, the ONLY negative for this product for me would be that if you accidentally apply too much, it leaves a messy residue after a little while. It will go on smoothly, but before you know it you have a ring of white around the inside of your lips. I also wish that this exact product came in a tube so that I don't have to dip my finger in it each time I use it. Besides that, I would definitely recommend this product to any and everyone.

Popular Lip Treatments