Nivea Lip Butter

4.2

ALL: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Petrolatum, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Butyrosperum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Ricinus Communis (Castor) seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almonst) Oil, Water, Glycerin, Glyceryl Glucoside, BHT, TItanium Dioxide. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ (ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS) ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Raspberry Rose Kiss: Red 7. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Caramel Cream Kiss / Vanilla & Macadamia Kiss: Iron Oxides.

on 12/23/2013 9:11:00 PM

Wow...just wow. I was at Macy's this morning and was about to buy the Dior Creme De Rose but I paused and remembered I had heard of a Nivea dupe, so I skipped the Dior counter. I got the Nivea lip butter in Raspberry Rose Kiss, it was on sale for 2.99. I tried it and it took care of my chapped lips within hours. I've had horrible chapped lips for a week and nothing was working. This stuff is amazing! I have eczema, thus my lips being so chapped, and it's hard to find something that works. I am so glad I didn't hand over the almost $30 for Dior and went for the $2.99 option by Nivea. Seriously. Amazing, I'll be stocking up on a few tomorrow.

on 12/23/2013 3:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have the raspberry rose one. Really disappointed with the scent. I expected it to be more natural. It's quite moisturizing but not the best in this field. I prefer the Yves Rocher one, smells heavenly and does a better job overall.

on 12/18/2013 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Really impressed with this product! I have it in vanilla and macadamia and I'm not a huge fan of vanilla scents but this one isn't strong and is quite bearable! I love applying this product on my lips, it makes it feel smooth and since it's currently the winter and my lips are getting chapped and dry, this products really helps maintain it!

on 12/6/2013 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

good

on 11/28/2013 1:53:00 PM

I know this product is loved, but I didn't like it at all. I bought the "Smooth Kiss" at Target, which is a plain, unflavored balm. I searched high and low for the vanilla one, but it was always gone...I wanted to try the product, so I settled for plain. (Maybe this was my first mistake?) The packaging: metal tin with a lid - I can live with it, but not my favorite. Consistency: kind of waxy, I thought. Also, the Smooth Kiss one has a white tint: if you apply it under lip color, expect it to alter the color. For this reason, I reverted to only using it at night, and honestly, when I woke up, I felt it was still sitting on my lips and hadn't absorbed well. Also, I had a really weird, albeit faint, white rim of sticky product around my mouth. Not cool. I actually ended up tossing the tin before I finished it (about a month after purchase). For lip balm, I vastly prefer Palmer's cocoa butter stick, Aquaphor and just plain Chapstick. YMMV!

on 11/23/2013 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got the raspberry and the vanilla ones on sale, and the other reviewers are right in saying that they make the lips look white. So sometimes I wear them over lip stain, sometimes on my nose, in cuts...

But they work really well as perfume primers, the vanilla one especially. This isn't the usual heavy vanilla scent; it's not cake-like at all. There's something very ethereal and light about it, though the scent itself is quite strong for a lip balm. I apply it to the backs of ears, collarbones, and wrists; it's a good enough scent by itself, but other perfumes last longer applied on top. It works well with L'Occitane's Verbena, Ambre by Reminiscence, grapefruit essential oil, and L'Aromarine's Rose.

However, don't mix the raspberry and vanilla scents; together they smell vaguely offensive, but mostly ordinary.

on 11/19/2013 10:58:00 PM

I really like this. Its one of my fave lip products. I do prefer Burts Bees Honey Lip Balm. Just eorks better for me. I also prefer sticks over tins. I have the vanilla one of this. It smells great. Overall definitely worth a try.

on 11/19/2013 10:52:00 PM

Oh my god! IN LOVE!!
This stuff is a miracle worker!

My local Walgreen's was having a sale- 2 for $5
So I bought all four, and I can't say I will ever regret that decision.
I will defiantly be repurchasing this when I run out.

on 11/18/2013 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love the texture...like butter. Raspberry one is my favorite.

on 11/16/2013 8:26:00 PM

I bought this in the Vanilla and Macadamia Kiss scent/flavor. I didn't expect to like the scent all that much because I'm not a fan of vanilla, but I was completely wrong. I LOVE the scent!! It doesn't smell like typical vanilla. It does have a "warm" smell to it. It doesn't really smell like macadamia nuts to me either?? Either way, the scent is wonderful and I love going to sleep with it on my lips. The texture is nice, but the balm itself is not moisturizing enough for me, but I have very dry skin and lips. It wears off after ~2-3 hours when I don't even do anything except drink water. I think this product is best for normal lips that need just a little bit of hydration. I wish this wasn't a tin, because I hate dipping my fingers in beauty products.

I'd give this a 3, but the scent is just too good.

Popular Lip Treatments