October 24, 2014 | 1389 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - Lip Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Autumn13

I've tried all of them and my favorite is the Raspberry Rose Kiss. I have one on my nightstand, one in my purse, one in my backpack, one in the office, one in the car, one by my home computer and two backups. Yes, that's how much I love this. I don't have any issues with the tin container because I also hand sanitizer in every location that I have this.

I'm a faithful lip balm user and have tried almost all but these are my lip balm staple. Many rave about Fresh Sugar lip products. I have three and yes they are nice but these do the job just as well, imo. So I'm reluctant to shell out another $22 for one Fresh Sugar when I purchase nearly 8 of these for the same price.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by jassymommy

I love these! I own 2; carmel kiss and vanilla macadamia kiss. Both smell amazing! They leavemy lips so soft. The smell isn't overwhelming. You really can't smell it once it's on. I don't believe it has a taste and I don't get the white cast others have mentioned. And they are only $3.99 in Rite Aid!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the original (unscented) tin of this. I love it, period.

I might be the odd duck, but I like that it's in a tin. I just pressit to my lips and that's that. Keeps them smooth and soft with no flavor, no color, no nothing but smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by pinkladiee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to use MACs tinted lip conditioners, those made my lips super soft and manageable. But ever since MAC discontinued those, I have been on the hunt for something similar. I feel like these Nivea lip butters are the closest thing to those lip conditioners, they make my lips super soft at a fraction of the price of MAC products. Definitely a win! I love the scent of raspberry rose, not so much the caramel one. The caramel one smells extremely sweet.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by ashmiaka

i'm currently using the raspberry rose kiss one and i have to agree with the other reviewers saying that it smells like candy amazingness; however, the scent dissipates once its on my lips. i use this solely as my nighttime "treatment" so it doesn't bother me that it gives off a white cast. i like to really slather this on before bed because it feels so nice on my lips. it "disappears" a bit throughout the night, which makes me think that it does actually sink into my lips (i know i don't eat it because most other lips balms i use at night have always remained till morning) to help condition them instead of just sitting atop merely creating a physical barrier to the elements. i don't know how this will fare on already chapped lips since i've been lucky to not have that as of yet, but it does seem to do a decent job preventing my lips from drying out. overall, i don't think it performs any miracles but is an enjoyable product to have and use.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by bcm321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

love love love!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 10:53:00 PM More reviews by missmadisonave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have the raspberry one and unless you only use a tiny bit, yes, it makes your lips sort of pale whitish-pink. but it smells great and really softens. i use it at night.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by belle169

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a sucker for lip products, and for Nivea lip balms in particular, so it didn't take long for me to pick up one of these lip butters once they made it to New Zealand. I've used it for a good few months now, so I feel it's high time to give a review. :)
I have the vanilla and macadamia scented one, and, without beating around the bush, the smell of it alone is enough for me to want to repurchase. It's so yummy smelling! If you're someone who loves gourmand scents, I can guarantee that you'll love this product. I've also tried the raspberry rose one (my mum has it) which also smells really good. I personally prefer the vanilla one slightly, but the raspberry one is definitely yummy - it reminds me of a cross between red jelly crystals and rosewater. Just be warned that neither of them really have a taste.
Anyway, moving on from the scent....
In terms of how effective this is as a lipbalm, I think this deserves a solid 3.5 to 4 stars. It doesn't last quite as long as my favourite Nivea Milk & Honey balm, but it still stays on for a good 3-4 hours, which, given that it is a balm/butter as opposed to a chapstick/treatment, is perfectly acceptable to me. It doesn't leave my lips feeling parched after it wears off, but I still would reapply as soon as possible.
If you use too much it can leave a bit of a white cast - personally I don't find that I *have* to ever use that amount anyway, so it's not really a problem for me. When a normal amount is applied it leaves a slightly glossy, moisturised sheen to the lips - slightly more than an average stick lipbalm, but less than vaseline or a gloss. If I apply it under a lipstick it sheers it out slightly, but the colour can be built up with a few extra swipes
I really love the packaging - I think the tin is adorable, secure but easy to open, and compact and hardy enough to throw in my bag. So many people are complaining about the "unsanitary" packaging, but I genuinely don't understand that. I personally make sure my hands are clean before I apply any kind of face product, including lip products, so it's no more unsanitary than using a stick balm in my opinion.
Price-wise: I can't remember exactly how much these are, but I'm pretty sure they're under $5 at the supermarket. Mine has lasted for ages (I'm only about half-way through, and I use it at least twice a day), so I'd say they're definitely worth the price.

As always, I have gone on for ages, but to sum this whole review up: this is a delicious smelling, moisturising lip product that I'd recommend to anyone who's looking for an everyday balm to prevent (not heal - it's not designed to do that!) chapped lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by livelynnlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have 3 or the 4 they smell so good .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

Love this! I have it in the vanilla macadamia and it smells amazing. Sweet and delicious without being fake. It hydrates my lips really well. I always have it on me. I don't apply a ton, but it doesnt give the white cast on me that others mentioned. It's just clear and balmy/glossy. Will definitely repurchase, might try the caramel scent next. Also, yes, guys definitely seem to love the way these smell too :)