October 25, 2014 | 1710 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by yanyan262

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been on a hunt for sheer, moisturizing lip stick, or a tinted lip balm and bought Maybelline Color Whisper, Revlon Colorburst and L'Oreal Color Riche Balm. L'Oreal is the most moisturizing and sheerest one out of the three. The color selection is very limited. Revlon has the most color pigment but it's also most waxy. Maybelline is in the middle and has a decent choice of colors and pink shades. I don't like the packaging is that you can't really tell what color you are getting because the color of the case is very different from that of the lip stick.

BTW, L'Oreal is the only one with SPF in case you want sun-blocking function.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I'm reviewing go nude.
People! This is NOT lipstick. The texture first off it very wet almost like a lipgloss. Thereis no hydration at all. The colour gives off a light nude with peach undertones whichg I like but it doesn't last. The revlon LB's are way better IMO. Would I buy this again? Hell to the NO

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by plumblush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Holy cow are these good for the price! I'm a bit of a lipstick snob. Though I seem to have tons of everything, the ones I reach for the most are my pricier NARS and Chanel lipsticks because of the texture. These Maybelline Color Whisper things have broken into that rotation. Because this product feels so light on your lips, you'll think you have to layer on quite a bit to get any sort of color. Nope! My favorite of the bunch, Oh Lilac, manages to dull down my pigmented lips with just a few swipes. I like to wear it with Nars Harlow or Chastity to oomph it up some. I did take a lippie off because as some other reviewers mentioned, a few of the darker redder and plummier colors turn fuchsia on your lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by LaurennNicolee

After watching many youtube gurus rant and rave about this product I wanted to try it reallly bad!! The price is pretty cheap so I didnt mind and I got a buy 1 get 1 50% off so who could say no to that sale!
The packaging is very cute and pretty, i love the script on the side
The product itself is what I expected because i knew it was not going to be as strong as a lipstick. More like a lipglass and lipstick combined into one. The application is very smooth and rich. It stays on for an ok amount of time as long as i dont eat or drink too much and rub it off.All in all it was expectly what I epxected so I was not disappointed one bit

I bought the colours pink possibilities and berry ready. I <3 both
xoxoxo

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick, the formula is nice, it didn't dry my lips out and it looks pretty nice. However, the color tends to sink into lip lines and highlight any dryness. I like using them over other lipcolor. It's a nice way to change up lipsticks I already have. I like it better than l'oreal caresse lipsticks, (which had lovely colors but totally dried out my lips) and revlon lip butters, (which were quite thick and gooey, in my opinion). In terms of packaging, its a pretty straightforward lipstick tube, but the weird thing about these is that they have no seal when you purchase them. Mine were fine but I opened the tubes and checked before I bought them. Overall I'm pleased with them much more than I usually am with maybelline products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Skilver

OMG i LOVE this product! I had seen it on several youtube beauty guru's channels & i really wanted to try it. i am not a big fan of "real" lipsticks, i prefer a sheer lip color, tinted gloss or a lightly colored stain with a slick gloss over top.

I found mine at target for just under $6, they had all 20 of the colors to pick from. i got the "Faint for Fuchsia" the color number is 70, it is a very sheer color, i love the texture, it's slick & not sticky at all! it did stain my lips a little which i like & i felt that it wore evenly even over my winter lips, my lips aren't chapped or anything but they are not smooth at this time either. the color i got did not showcase the cracks in my lips so i liked that a lot :) i would say it lasted a few hours but it did not wear off patchy or anything weird like that. the packaging is pretty & thin so it would fit nicely in a small purse or makeup bag. the lid kind of snaps in place & does not just slide on so it would probably survive loose in a makeup drawer :)
several years ago i got a sheer lipstick from benefit called "Shangra-La" in the color "you'll never, never land me" & it was my favorite lipstick ever! the texture, the color & of course the packaging. the texture & color of the color whisper is a total dupe for the shangra-la, as well as the level of sheerness of the color that i got.

when i go back to target i am going to pick up another color since i like this one so much :)

if you loved Benefits Shangra-La from years ago you will love the Maybelline Color Whispers!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that for what these are (a cross between lipstick and gloss and balm) they are pretty good. I have two of them (the berry one and the red one) and they are pigmented. I have tried a few others and returned them because they were basically clear to very small amount of color on me and I couldn't build them up. I really enjoy a bright lip, though. If you like a comfortable, somewhat subtle lip, I think you would really like this! The packaging is super cute and slim. The price is reasonable.

I just don't like the staying power (fades quickly and fades to zero with any drinking or eating) and I don't like the small color payoff (for majority of them). I personally would not buy again because it is not what I am looking for in a lip product but if I did want a comfortable, sheer-ish lip I would buy again. I think it was well made for what it is.

I have a lot of Revlon Lip Butters and I don't find these comparable. Revlon is way more of a smooth lip stick to me. These are more of a glossy tinted balm. Also, I find them to be a bit on the "young girl" side. Not that it is a negative, but the look it creates reminds me of a high school or college aged girl. I put them to use when I need to run to the grocery store and haven't gotten ready yet or if I am going to the gym and don't want to have on real lipstick. Other than that, these are just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

I have 2 of these petal rebel which is a flirty baby pink colour and Iust for blush which is a beige pink. People say lust for blush is a dupe for Mac angel which I can somewhat agree with. These products are moisturizing with decent colour payoff. Love the sleek packaging and they do offer a huge colour selection. So there's something for everyone. I'm planning on purchasing the oh la la lilac next. I perfer revlon lip butters to these I find colour lasts longer. But these are still good and much better then the loreal balms. Definitely worth a try

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have 2 of these: Pink Possibilities (a pretty bright pink) and Rose of Attraction (a light rosy red color) They were about $6 after tax and such. The colors are pretty accurate to the way they look just not quite as bright or as dark as they appear. I Loooooooooveeeeeee these so much! I am a tinted lipbalm kinda girl and these are my kinda lipsticks. For once I feel the commercials are actually accurate. These are really creamy. They are like a lipstick version of a tinted lipbalm and the color choices are beautiful and shiny. They don't dry my lips - at all. These are my babies right now! My friends loved them too and picked up some of their own after trying mine. And I think the packaging is so cute. I want to get more colors, thinking about picking up the lightest pink or one of the darker ones:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these! I have NC15 cool tone skin so most lip products tend to be too strong for me. Rose of Attraction and Pinup Peach are both flattering (Rose of Attraction probably more because it is cooler in color) and I don't feel like I'm wearing lipstick. It feels like a balm going on, not sticky at all like a gloss, and moisturizes my dry lips. The only downside is that they wear off quick. I would buy more colors if they were like the ones I picked up (good color payoff and not too opaque).