April 16, 2014 | 944 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has the exact texture and smell of Nivea chap stick. If you like that, you'll love this. I do need to use a moisturizing product underneath, also a base layer helps hide imperfections as this product settles into lines almost instantly. However, every lip product I've ever used requires two products (at least) to get moisture, longevity, and color payoff, and an all in one is not what I'm looking for. I was looking for a sheer wash of color that was more translucent than Lip Butters, and this fits the bill. Colors are jelly like with a cooler tone, and I love them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by abtrobaugh

I love this lipstick. I bought it very recently in Pin Up Peach and I absolutely love it. I have never been a huge fan of lipstick before and was a little afraid to buy some but this one was perfect. It goes on very light and doesn't have that heavy waxy feel that other lipsticks present. The color is perfect for me because I have naturally rose colored lips anyway, and the color compliments them perfectly. The packaging is cute, and I definitely recommend it. I plan on going and getting more colors very soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/10/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by DamnPrecious

I found this very drying. Showed every imperfection as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 12:50:00 AM More reviews by TittieSprinkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this! I've been looking for a lip color forever. I'm pretty picky and not too daring with my colors so I was hesitant in purchasing this. But the tube is cute and the color is perfect. I purchased this in Coral Ambition, it's not too much but you can see it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:47:00 PM More reviews by nailtrip

These are so pretty.The packaging is so nice that gorgeous translucent berry color...it makes you drawn to them(well me anyway). It's a light sweep of color, just freshen your face up.I love a lot of Maybellin' s products. Zygote color selection is great, they have something for everyone which is great.They go on like a balm/lipstick/gloss but I notice that I need extra hydration cuz they can be drying but other than that I really like these because I always have a sheer balm or gloss to add over it out I can always add more cuz they are buildable. Very nice product

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2013 3:02:00 PM More reviews by KMT06055

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my new HG lipstick. I bought it in the color "Pink Possibilities," which is a lovely light pastel pink color (perfect for spring). To me, this product is the perfect combination of balm and lipstick. Unlike a lipstick, it never looks chalky or caked on and has a decent amount of glossiness. It does a decent job of moisturizing, but unlike a balm it has good color payoff. I cannot speak for any other colors, but "Pink Possibilities" has the perfect amount of opaqueness for me. Use this product If you want juicy looking, bright, kissable lips.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 5:01:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline's brand new Color Whisper lipsticks will give you "Sexy, soft, see through color" with "just a kiss of shine". Many people are calling Color Whisper Maybelline's answer to the incredibly popular Revlon Color Burst Lip Butters. Maybelline describes the formula as "pure color pigments suspended in a weightless gel. No heavy waxes or oil." There are currently twenty shades to choose from; I have one shade, Berry Ready. I normally wouldn't have chosen this shade, I was leaning towards Cherry On Top or Orange Attitude, but they were all compromised. I bought my Maybelline Color Whisper lipstick at Walmart (does that explain all the compromised lipsticks?) for $5.94. Each Color Whisper lipstick contains 3g (.11oz) of product. This lipstick was made in America. Maybelline does test their products on animals. By the way, believe it or not this is my first Maybelline lipstick!
I kinda love the packaging for Maybelline's Color Whispers. The square, transparent cap matches the color of the product, which is always really visually appealing. The name of the product is written on the cap in silver, cursive lettering. Very cute. The tube it's self is silver, with a square base and rounded body. The twisting mechanism is very smooth. The cap can be a little stubborn to remove, but I'd rather have a cap that sticks a bit than one that falls off. The shade name and number can be found on a sticker on the bottom of the tube. I think the packaging is cute and sleek, very eye catching.
The texture of Maybelline's Color Whisper Lipstick is amazing! These are so smooth and soft. The texture is barely comparable to Revlon's Lip Butters, Color Whisper is a much softer, lighter, silkier formula. This lipstick glides on so nicely, where as I found that the Revlon Lip Butters had a bit of a waxy pull to them. Application can be a little bit tricky though, the creamy texture can slip around on the lips, smearing out of the lip lines. A lip liner might be a good idea. Color Whisper has a lovely, moisturizing feel on the lips. These lipsticks also give a subtle shiny, but not glossy, finish. Because of the slick, moist nature of the Color Whisper formula, these lipsticks don't have the best wear time. I experience a lot of transference, especially onto straws and cups. I get about 45 minutes of initial, glossy wear, and then about two hours of a residual, stain-like color. I'm sure wear time differs from shade to shade, Berry Read is one of the darkest shades, the lighter ones may not stain like this one. Oh, and the scent and flavor? Virtually non-existent.
Berry Ready is, as you probably already guessed, a berry shade. This shade is somewhere right between a blue-red and a purple, and has a cool undertone. Despite being on the darker end of the spectrum, I find it quite complimentary against my very fair skin. I think Berry Ready could suit just about anyone with cool or neutral undertones, I think it'd look particularly lovely on someone with very dark skin. I've heard a lot of people describe the Color Whisper line as having sheer color payoff, Maybelline even calls it "see through", but that certainly isn't true for Berry Ready, which goes on nearly opaque in one swipe and entirely opaque in two. The intensity of Berry Ready can be built up, it applies a pinky berry color, but can change into a nearly purple hue with just two additional layers. By the way, Berry Ready pairs wonderfully with Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie Lip Gloss in Dare Devil.
I'm a fan of Maybelline's Color Whisper Lipstick in Berry Ready! The only thing I would improve is the slippy texture, apart from that I love it! I've been wearing it very frequently and will continue to til the warmer months. I love this lipstick's packaging, and I love the light, buttery, moisturizing texture even more. In my opinion, Maybelline's Color Whisper lipsticks are far superior to Revlon's Lip Butters. I would definitely suggest these over the Lip Butters. I'll definitely try at least one more shade from this range (I have a coupon ^_^), and will repurchase Berry Ready if I work my way through it (which at this rate I will!)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by pinkykathy

GREAT JOB Maybelline! this is the best matte lipstick i have tried so far from Maybelline. It's matte, but not dry out my lips. The color called "Lust for Blush" is really nice+pretty+natural pink tone. It suits my skin tone really well. Im NC20, asian :))

First time in my life thinking about purchasing this drugstore lipstick again. ^_^

PS this "Lust for blush" is a great dupe for MAC "Angel"

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Smashin31385

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like anything on my lips... Not even lip balm, but this is doable. I bought the color Lust for Blush and it is a milky pink on my lips. It doesn't last very long but it is a good product for what it claims to be. I'll try other colors. The Revlon lip butters are so heavy and goopy to me, I like this much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by PinkIcing1

I love how the color looks and feels very natural - it feels like lip balm! It doesn't last very long though, and makes little dried skin pieces show up on my lips.