September 18, 2014 | 2092 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - Color Whisper

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by bnanaphone246

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this lipstick, the formula is nice, it didn't dry my lips out and it looks pretty nice. However, the color tends to sink into lip lines and highlight any dryness. I like using them over other lipcolor. It's a nice way to change up lipsticks I already have. I like it better than l'oreal caresse lipsticks, (which had lovely colors but totally dried out my lips) and revlon lip butters, (which were quite thick and gooey, in my opinion). In terms of packaging, its a pretty straightforward lipstick tube, but the weird thing about these is that they have no seal when you purchase them. Mine were fine but I opened the tubes and checked before I bought them. Overall I'm pleased with them much more than I usually am with maybelline products.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2013 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Skilver

OMG i LOVE this product! I had seen it on several youtube beauty guru's channels & i really wanted to try it. i am not a big fan of "real" lipsticks, i prefer a sheer lip color, tinted gloss or a lightly colored stain with a slick gloss over top.

I found mine at target for just under $6, they had all 20 of the colors to pick from. i got the "Faint for Fuchsia" the color number is 70, it is a very sheer color, i love the texture, it's slick & not sticky at all! it did stain my lips a little which i like & i felt that it wore evenly even over my winter lips, my lips aren't chapped or anything but they are not smooth at this time either. the color i got did not showcase the cracks in my lips so i liked that a lot :) i would say it lasted a few hours but it did not wear off patchy or anything weird like that. the packaging is pretty & thin so it would fit nicely in a small purse or makeup bag. the lid kind of snaps in place & does not just slide on so it would probably survive loose in a makeup drawer :)
several years ago i got a sheer lipstick from benefit called "Shangra-La" in the color "you'll never, never land me" & it was my favorite lipstick ever! the texture, the color & of course the packaging. the texture & color of the color whisper is a total dupe for the shangra-la, as well as the level of sheerness of the color that i got.

when i go back to target i am going to pick up another color since i like this one so much :)

if you loved Benefits Shangra-La from years ago you will love the Maybelline Color Whispers!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think that for what these are (a cross between lipstick and gloss and balm) they are pretty good. I have two of them (the berry one and the red one) and they are pigmented. I have tried a few others and returned them because they were basically clear to very small amount of color on me and I couldn't build them up. I really enjoy a bright lip, though. If you like a comfortable, somewhat subtle lip, I think you would really like this! The packaging is super cute and slim. The price is reasonable.

I just don't like the staying power (fades quickly and fades to zero with any drinking or eating) and I don't like the small color payoff (for majority of them). I personally would not buy again because it is not what I am looking for in a lip product but if I did want a comfortable, sheer-ish lip I would buy again. I think it was well made for what it is.

I have a lot of Revlon Lip Butters and I don't find these comparable. Revlon is way more of a smooth lip stick to me. These are more of a glossy tinted balm. Also, I find them to be a bit on the "young girl" side. Not that it is a negative, but the look it creates reminds me of a high school or college aged girl. I put them to use when I need to run to the grocery store and haven't gotten ready yet or if I am going to the gym and don't want to have on real lipstick. Other than that, these are just not for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2013 12:25:00 AM More reviews by wendycoco

I have 2 of these petal rebel which is a flirty baby pink colour and Iust for blush which is a beige pink. People say lust for blush is a dupe for Mac angel which I can somewhat agree with. These products are moisturizing with decent colour payoff. Love the sleek packaging and they do offer a huge colour selection. So there's something for everyone. I'm planning on purchasing the oh la la lilac next. I perfer revlon lip butters to these I find colour lasts longer. But these are still good and much better then the loreal balms. Definitely worth a try

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by annafefifofanna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have 2 of these: Pink Possibilities (a pretty bright pink) and Rose of Attraction (a light rosy red color) They were about $6 after tax and such. The colors are pretty accurate to the way they look just not quite as bright or as dark as they appear. I Loooooooooveeeeeee these so much! I am a tinted lipbalm kinda girl and these are my kinda lipsticks. For once I feel the commercials are actually accurate. These are really creamy. They are like a lipstick version of a tinted lipbalm and the color choices are beautiful and shiny. They don't dry my lips - at all. These are my babies right now! My friends loved them too and picked up some of their own after trying mine. And I think the packaging is so cute. I want to get more colors, thinking about picking up the lightest pink or one of the darker ones:)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by Chall6464

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love these! I have NC15 cool tone skin so most lip products tend to be too strong for me. Rose of Attraction and Pinup Peach are both flattering (Rose of Attraction probably more because it is cooler in color) and I don't feel like I'm wearing lipstick. It feels like a balm going on, not sticky at all like a gloss, and moisturizes my dry lips. The only downside is that they wear off quick. I would buy more colors if they were like the ones I picked up (good color payoff and not too opaque).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Berry ready is a whisper my foot! This is literally one of the most opaque colors Ive ever tried. It smeared and stained my face as I was trying desperately to rub this horrid clown color off my mouth. I love berry colors but this is bright vivid clown-pink. Terrible! Exactly what people who want a whisper of a color dont want. It has stained my mouth, no joke especially the outer part of my mouth. Blech. So disappointed!

OH! And it dired my lips out in an instant!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought Berry Ready, the only one at Wal-Mart that didn't look compromised or used to write on the displays. It looked like it would be a nice dark reddish berry. Eh, no. I put this on and it is a very bright fuchsia PINK. It also smeared. Not a great look. One needs a liner with these, I guess. This also dried out my lips, and the color did not last more than 10 minutes. This went back. I would not buy again. I 'll stick with the Revlon Lip Butters.

EDIT: 2/26/13, Bought the Plum color at Target, sigh, did not work either, best part of this is no smell or taste, but this smeared like berry ready and not at all sheer, this is more dark vampy red goth look, this went back also. Knocked off two lippies. These aren't sealed either.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This has the exact texture and smell of Nivea chap stick. If you like that, you'll love this. I do need to use a moisturizing product underneath, also a base layer helps hide imperfections as this product settles into lines almost instantly. However, every lip product I've ever used requires two products (at least) to get moisture, longevity, and color payoff, and an all in one is not what I'm looking for. I was looking for a sheer wash of color that was more translucent than Lip Butters, and this fits the bill. Colors are jelly like with a cooler tone, and I love them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by abtrobaugh

I love this lipstick. I bought it very recently in Pin Up Peach and I absolutely love it. I have never been a huge fan of lipstick before and was a little afraid to buy some but this one was perfect. It goes on very light and doesn't have that heavy waxy feel that other lipsticks present. The color is perfect for me because I have naturally rose colored lips anyway, and the color compliments them perfectly. The packaging is cute, and I definitely recommend it. I plan on going and getting more colors very soon.