December 21, 2014 | 1897 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Cbambam429

This is the best primer I have ever come across. I even did a side by side comparison of it and the urban decay primer and they performed the exact same. My only note is that if you apply to much of this stuff it can become extremely difficult because it acts like glue, but if you just use a little bit, it is perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2013 6:56:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

My reviews tend to be long, so I'll try to keep this short and sweet. For longevity, I would give this a 4.5. It doesn't make my liner or shadow last quite as long as UDPP. I am impressed with it because it is the first drugstore primer I've used that can make my eye makeup last throughout a long shift. For vibrancy, bleh ... maybe a 2. It definitely adds a tiny bit of oomph to my Inglot shadows, but my brows (I use MUFE Aqua Brow) look rather dull. IMO, UDPP blows this out of the water in those regards. I wouldn't buy this again unless if I needed primer in a pinch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by littlemj

NC25 Chinese, oily monolids, double whammy.

Great eyeshadow primer, texture btwn TFSI regular and glue. The drier texture hasn't turned my lids crepey (which UDPP does). If so, I would revert back to NYX HD wand style and my ultimate favorite is the MUFE Eye Prime ($$$). Currently I rotate btwn WnW and MUFE, depending on humidity and need.

Update 10/10/13: Major creasing by lunch with some unloved MAC Satin Taupe & Trax. So then I used my beloved MUFE and for next two days, also got major creasing. Tried Guerlain over the MUFE w/ little to no creasing by end of work day. Turns out e/s brands are part of the crease factor... so now I will have to test out the Milani on my remaining e/s... Guerlain, UD, TF and Inglot...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by VIPnolza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOOVE THIS STUFF!!! First of all, it is dirt cheap! I was thinking about buying Urban Decay Primer potion before I bought this, but times are tough and I usually turn to the drugstore for eye products. Eye shadow primer is must for me because I have thick, oily, hooded eyelids which calls for lots of eyeshadow creasing and eyeliner smudging. I had been using Palladio Herbal Primer before and a i love that primer too. I head that it is a dupe for UDPP but i can't vouch for that since i never tried UDPP. But I can compare WW to Palladio. They work the same way. I get no creasing, and no smudging. I also use it before doing my brows. The skin under my eyebrow hairs is oily too, lucky me. Using this primer helps keep the oil at bay and the makeup lasts all day. I also love the squeeze tube, it is much more sanitary.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by audmac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Updated review 12/28/13:
After using this for almost three months I found that it leaves a white residue on my skin just outside of my eye area, even though I'm careful applying it, it still seems to migrate there. I don't recall it happening when I first got it. So now I am using the LORAC primer that came with my pro pallet and that works great. After that runs out Im looking forward to trying the urban decay antiaging primer potion that I've got a mini tube of. It's a shame about the WnW primer, because it was such a good value at only five dollars but I can't deal with the residue on my face so I'm moving on...

Original review 9/29/13:
Bought the regular version of this (for my primas) based on good reviews and board talk and was not disappointed! I have lids that tend to get oily and without any kind of primer my eyeshadow will crease and start to wear off by early afternoon. On me this worked as good as or even better than UDPP, TFSI and Tarte 12hr eye primer, all of which I have used several tubes of in the past. Ive also tried a sample of the NARS primer which on me worked about the same as the others but was more expensive so I didn't repurchase it. Back to this WnW primer- I checked it periodically on the first day, and at the 12 hr mark both lids looked perfect, at about 16 hours, right before bed, one lid still looked perfect and the other one had started to wear off in the crease. I attributed the difference to using a little more primer on the "perfect" eye. Im very pleased with this, its a great bargain at only $5, and I will probably pick up a back up of this soon in case it becomes hard to find.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is a very good shadow primer for the money. I purchased it for less than $3 US dollars. It comes in a nice little black tube. It's easy to squeeze out a tiny amount that you need for your lids.

A tiny little bit will keep your eyeshadow in place most of the day. I took off 1 lippy because I had some creasing by the late evening (but that's a huge improvement for my oily lids without primer).

NOTE: The primer color that I got is called "A little party". It is a very light FROSTY pink. I like to wear it alone because it brightens my eyes. But the amount of frost in this is slightly aging. Just wanted you all to be aware of the frost before you buy :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by nikkimorrissey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Walgreens and man, do I love it. I've used UDPP and ELF but this little $4.99 gem is my favorite. I used it underneath Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy with no problems at all. No caking, no balling up, etc. I then used some gold ELF pigment and some MAC's Carbon and my eye makeup didn't budge all day! Just so everyone knows though, there's a shimmer version of this primer available as well. I plan to try that as well. I hope WnW keeps this stuff around for a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by apillar

I have tried Benefit's primer, and Urban Decay's primer and this one works the best! The others are good but i have VERY oily lids and with other primers my eyeshadow lasts about 8 hours. With this one I can wear it all day! I went to a theme park and spent 12 hours outdoors, and my shadow was still perfect! I will repurchase this 10 times over because of how cheep it is and how well it works.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:57:00 PM More reviews by ItsJustMeET

I have used A LOT of shadow primers & this is my go to for evening shadow. [dark] It IS thick & glue-like & it CAN be a bit much if you don't know how to use it. I personally brush a matte shadow over my entire lid & then apply shadow. It makes blending a lot easier. I wish it was in a tub instead of a tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by merryj

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This eyeshadow primer is AMAZING. It's truly the BEST ES primer I've used and I've used them all. My eyeshadow lasts all day and looks freshly applied at the end of a hard day.

I found it at Walgreens and the price was very reasonable.

I would definitely purchase again!