October 22, 2014 | 1736 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by adrianna511

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

First of all, this is an eyeshadow primer to lock your eyeshadow in and prevent it from creasing - it's not for making your eyeshadow more vibrant or anything. It does really lock your shadow in though. My deep eyelid creases really make my eyeshadow crease badly and other primers have not prevented creasing for me, but this does. If I use this my eyeshadow lasts however long I need it to without creasing. My problem with this is that sometimes I get random spots on my eyelids that are dry and have little white flakes when I use this. I make sure to blend it really well/quickly but I'll get dry white flaky parts sometimes that are hard to rub away. Also I kind of feel like this makes it harder to blend out my crease color because it just grabs onto the eyeshadow so much. I've noticed a couple other people saying it was too much like glue, and I can kind of see what they mean. It looks like I'm not the only one who's had some problems with this. Like I said sometimes it doesn't blend out as well as it should, leaving weird flaky patches and also it makes it harder to blend my shadow out. So for me it's not perfect but if you want something to really lock in your eyeshadow and prevent it from creasing then it's good. I can see this working well for people who have really oily eyelids as it really locks in the shadow and then maybe it would work more smoothly than it did for me. If you have a dryer eye area then maybe you should try something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 10:56:00 AM More reviews by truth0unveiled

this is probably one of the best eyeshadow primers out there, and on top of it, it´s a drugstore product! It works flawlessly. It makes my eyeshadow really vibrant, it doesn´t crease and it keeps my eyemakeup looking nice all day. Everything you could ask for in an eyelid primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by shimmerlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is crazy good. i can't believe how well this works with my super oily lids! i've been trying a bunch of primers lately bc i'm a drugstore makeup lover..and the drugstore has been popping up with new eye primers everywhere i turn. i honestly wasn't expecting much from this product even though i had checked out the rating before buying bc i've never seen a primer from wet and wild..and their products are usually a hit or miss for me. turns out, this beats too faced, and urban decay. i could never use too faced or primer potion without a paint pot or something similar because my shadows would always crease mid-day. with this primer, if i'm not staying out late into the night..and i put this on in the morning, my shadow is still vibrant come 10 p.m. i think it's important to let the primer set for a few seconds before applying any shadow. also, they give you such a great amount for the price. i'm glad wet and wild didn't put out a primer until now..maybe they would have skipped out on quality if they rushed one out. bravo!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I REALLY didn't like this product. This stuff is like glue and not in a good way! It was tricky to get on, made my eyeshadow look weird to the point that I can't even describe, and was waaaaaay to hard to remove. I had to scrub my eyelids (even using an oil based remover) to get it off. It has no glide to it like ELF or UDPP. No thanks, I'm sending this to the trash.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 8:55:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff! I like it more than Urban Decay's Primer Potion which I was using before. I pat a very small amount on gently and take care not to pat it into the corners of my eyes where I have lines. Just like the Primer Potion, this will make lines look much more prominent so take care. I don't find that it makes my eyelids crepey or especially dry. I bought two tubes of it in the USA (I don't think I can buy it here in New Zealand) and I expect they will last a very long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by KaysOpinion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok ladies, how long have you all been searching for an awesome eyelid primer!!!????? or was I the only one? LOL. ok enough kidding around now, let me get to my awesome review on this amaze balls product!!!!!!!! I have tried various different primers, from Lancome, Smashbox, Benefit, Lise Watier, Stila and let me tell you, they've all costed me a pretty penny! I got so fed up that i started trying drug store primers, I live in Canada so unfortunately we don't have the fergie line here, but I was in New york not long ago and i got my hands on this primer. Now the first thing i do not like about this is that, if you have dry skin, this will dry your skin out even more, so i do not recommend putting this stuff on your lower lid if you have a dry contour area, I would also recommend applying it with a brush, because if you pass your eyelid, it might make the corners of your eyes look flakey and dry as well. Now, what i truly love about this product is, it honestly makes your eyeshadow colors look so pigmented, you don't even need to put a lot of product on the eye because this stuff literally holds it all in place! I think i paid this stuff around 6$ at walgreens or maybe 8$ I don't really remember, but hey coming from the ladayyyyyy who tried all the expensive stuff, 8$ is pretty darn awesome! I got feedback on all my clients whom i've used this on, and they said their eyeshadow stayed on all night long!!!

- KaysOpinion

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

I think I'm the only one who really DISLIKES this product. Actually, I dislike it so much that I tossed it in the trash and I never throw anything away. This product was like using glue and stuck to my lid as such. It stayed on my lid in a sticky texture which never dried and the eyeshadow could not be applied smoothly or evenly. It did keep my shadow on all day but it was because it felt glued on and looked very cakey. At the end of the day it was so difficult to wash this stuff off!! I had to srub my eyes with soap over and over again for it to fully come off.. I stand behind Wet n Wild though as their make up line has risen over the years and stayed true to the value at a great affordable price but this one was an epic fail....

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by LustAngel

This is an impressive product. It is not expensive yet it is just as good if not better than other high end eye shadow primers. You don't need a lot of product to cover your entire lid and it is so smooth and creamy when applied. It applies real nice and evenly and dries quickly enough so you can apply shadow and liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:19:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My HG was TFSI, but this has replaced it as I am on a major budget these days. For 5 bucks, you can't get any better and as long as this is available I will continue to buy this, even when no longer on a budget. I haven't found that it separates at all like my TFSI did, but I roll it in my hands for a little bit to warm it up and mix it up before use each time, just as I do with TFSI. I also haven't experienced any of the problems with it coming out of the tip when not being squeezed as I had read others had. Plenty of product for the price, no creasing or smudging of my eye makeup. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by ldeibert

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this eyeshadow primer!! It is definitely a substitute for the urban decay eye primer. It's amazing to find a primer in the drugstore....let alone one that actually works. Love this stuff. Will definitely repurchase.