August 20, 2014 | 1731 users online

Eye Primer - Wet 'n' Wild - Fergie Take on the Day Eyeshadow Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by griggs42

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It works better for my oily lids than UD's primer potion. If I use this, my eyeshadow usually lasts all day, and there have been nights when I've fallen asleep with eyeshadow + this stuff on, and it's been perfectly in tact the next day. It's almost TOO drying for my oily lids, but that's really not an issue (I hate my oily lids). For the price and the availibility, this stuff is my HG eyelid primer, and I won't be straying anytime soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by greenelady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am majorly impressed with this product. I have very, very oily eyelids and have not had any luck with any drugstore primers. I bought this on a whim and I am glad I did!

I this works just as good as my 20.00 UDPP and TFSI for a fraction of the cost. Plus you get a good amount of product.

It is lightweight, you only need a little dab, and made my shadow stay on all day! (even in hot, muggy weather)

I need to go an buy more before they decide to discontinue or change the formula!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by ptricia435

I love this primer. I purchased it on a whim, thinking I could use it for day to day wear and save my UDPP. I ended up loving it and I think it works better than UDPP. I have oily eyelids and my eyeshadow stays on all day, until I remove it with makeup remover. Great product! I hope this one is around for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I am impressed, but I sorta figured with all the great reviews I would be. You never know though. I usually use Mac paint pots, which I love, but I also love to experiment with makeup and see if cheaper alternative work. This does. I won't be giving up my paint pots any time soon, but this is a great primer to have in my arsenal. The thing this has over my paint pot in Bare Study is that this really intensifies my eyeshadow colors. I never noticed any intensifying to this extent with my paint pot, but this primer really does make my shadow pop in a way I have never had a primer noticeably do before. It was sort of alarming the first time I applied my Stila Kitten eyeshadow over it....it was sooo much more sparkly and intense. I just will know not to use this when I want a more natural, subdued look.

I highly recommend checking this out. It intensifies eyeshadows, adds longevity to shadow life and prevent creasing even in extreme heat. I don't have air conditioning in my car and this has lasted through many rides without melting or fading away. Excellent performance and affordable too boot! :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 5:46:00 AM More reviews by lilaznkitty11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am SO impressed with this product. Before this, I was using Urban Decay's primer potion and it did a decent job. It definitely kept my eye makeup lasting longer than it would without a primer but it didn't prevent my shadow from creasing. I have EXTREMELY oily lids so I'm not too surprised but for the price and the rave reviews I expected that it will keep my shadow from budging all day. Now on to Wet n' Wild's primer. Reading some good reviews on it here, I decided to give it a try. This is now my HG eye primer. I wore this to work for 6-7 hours and when I got home, I was amazed to find that my eyeshadow didn't crease! It also came off easily using eye makeup remover (I use Equate or Neutrogena). The price is great, especially compared to the primer potion. I'm even thinking about going back to Walgreens to pick up a backup in case they discontinue this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by rohiam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT: it's kept it's awesomeness and I grab it over my UDPP all the time, since it's just as good. The liquid like quality faded and it's now a paste that isn't hard to blend at all, really good to use under eyes before concealer too :) Buy it! Five dollars, and you may save a lot more on your eyeshadow primer :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 1:17:00 AM More reviews by donteatmywallet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have only tried elf's primer in champagne. This primer lasts me all day and given that I'm super oily (especially on lids), that's amazing. I layer it about 2 times and make sure I cover the part where I usually wing out my liner to ensure that my eyeliner stays on. I put it on the back of my hand and I use my fingers to apply to my lids. After the product dries onto my hands, I can't even wash it off with soap no matter how much I scrub it! It shows that this product can withstand rubbing and water! Overall, I would buy it again. It's very affordable and does a great job at priming the lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by soundsofepip

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to update 8/8/2013 you can use this as primer under your makeup and it lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2013 4:08:00 PM More reviews by loveableqtpie212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, I am simply amazed by how well this primer works for the price. I used to love UDPP, but had to search for a new primer bc the formula no longer worked on me when they changed the packaging, and my lids aren't super oily. When my backups of the original UDPP finished, I purchased Lorac's primer, but eyeshadow did not last as long. Luckily, the wnw primer came out, as I was going to purchase Nars, which I thought was too expensive. The wnw primer performs like the original UDPP on me. It really grabs on to skin and keeps shadow vibrant and crease free all day. If you are searching for a new primer, it wouldn't hurt to try this one out since it is so affordable.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2013 1:47:00 PM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, a lot of people really like this stuff and I can understand why in some aspects. First of all, its really really cheap. That's a bonus when you know how expensive tiny tubes of eye primers can be, and you use them everyday. I figured if I could find something comparable to my high end primer for everyday wear at work, all the better for me. So after reading reviews on here, I decided to give this stuff a try. I need to wear full eye makeup everyday for work and I need my eyeshadow to last and look great all day long. This primer definitely kept my eyeshadow on and crease-free all day, which is great, but there were some issues that definitely will keep me from repurchasing. First off, I tried mixing the product in the tube as best I could before dispensing, but a bunch of nasty oil still came out before the product which was a huge turn off for me. So I had to squirt out a bunch of it before I got to some actual useable material. When I put it on, it was very thick and didn't seem to glide on smoothly like my HG primer does. It was kinda like paste... very sticky. So in turn, that made applying my eyeshadow evenly and blending, a wayy more difficult task than usual. My eyeshadow looked blotchy and I really had to apply a lot and do some serious blending work so get it to spread around and blend because it just wanted to stick to the first spot that it touched on my lid. The product just feels heavy on the eyes and I only used a tiny bit! God forbid you make a mistake, because once your eyeshadow combines with this stuff, its on and its hard to remove. Once I got my eye makeup to look decent, I worked a full day and it definitely stood up to the elements so I was pleased with that. However, when I got home and tried to remove my makeup, I realized how much glue and the primer really have in common! It was so freaking hard to get off! I use makeup removing wipes to remove my makeup before I wash my face, and the wipe was no match for this crap. I really had to work to get my eyeshadow off, which really irritated my eyes. I tried not to rub as best as I could, but wiping just moved the primer/eyeshadow sticky mess around on my lid without much coming off on my wipe. Now, I'm all about primer that gives your eyeshadow amazing staying power, but this is ridiculous! I don't want to battle with application and removal everyday with this stuff, no matter how great the price is. I'm all about saving money where I can, but not if I have to compromise quality.

(Also, some of it got on one of my makeup brushes that accidentally must have rolled onto some that I squirted onto a paper towel to get rid of the initial oil spurt and I didn't notice until the next day and it was like thick, dried on crust/glue on the handle of my blending brush. At first, I couldn't believe it was the primer! It was so crusted on there that I had to sit and scrape it off with my nails for a few minutes. I'm sorry, but I don't want a substance like that on my eyes. GROSS!)

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No