L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

3.7

OCTYLDODECANOL • AQUA / WATER / EAU • TRIMETHYLSILOXYPHENYL DIMETHICONE • ETHYLCELLULOSE • SORBITAN STEARATE • ALCOHOL DENAT. • CETYL ALCOHOL • PHENOXYETHANOL • SUCROSE COCOATE • SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE • HYDROXYPROPYL GUAR • CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE • HYDROXYCITRONELLAL • LINALOOL • CITRONELLOL • BENZYL ALCOHOL • PARFUM / FRAGRANCE May contain: MICA • CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE • CI 77491, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES • CI 17200 / RED 33 • CI 15985 / YELLOW 6 • CI 16035 / RED 40 • CI 15850 / RED 7 • CI 19140 / YELLOW 5 • CI 42090 / BLUE 1

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Finally!!! A drugstore product that lives up to all the hype. If you wear this lip stain on top of lipstick, it will prolong the wear of your lipstick and I mean really prolong it, but there is no shine if you wear it on top of lipstick. If you wear it alone, you will get a lot of rich pigmentation and some shine, coming from a lip stain those qualities are rare, but this product delivers it. Dare I say, this stain is ALMOST waterproof when worn alone and waterproof when layered on lipstick.

First, I want to just say that out of all of the new, different lip products Ive purchased in the last year, this one is my favorite. For a stain, it feels quite nice and not super drying or sticky. I love lippie but am not into the clown look or painted on face look so these are perfect for me! Nice and sheer. I got eternally nude and lilac. The nude does not look as it does in the tube, it seems the second it hits your skin it morphs into a more orangy, pinky" nude", not the drab, brownish purple nude it appears. It is...bright for a nude. Light but slightly darker than my lips. After a coffee and sandwich, no touch up needed...but it was gone after a few hours. Still, good wear time. I read that the nude gets the least amount of staining also, so that could be it. Application is smooth and easy. The lilac also is not as it appears. It also is pinker (ALMOST coral) I would guess all of these change a little once on the skin. But so far Im really liking these and plan on at least one more color.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

this is anther thing that helped me it made me look better i would give this to anyone who asked this is amazing and awsome if you do get this you would see a difference everytime

-briannaroberts bye

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

*****COLOR REVIEWED #184 ROSE ON AND ON*****
I picked up a few of these but only tried this shade so far. Well, for starters, this shade does not look the same on me as it does in the tube. In the tube, this shade is a warm toned light pink with shimmer. On me, it comes off as a dark rose, almost red looking. It still looks nice on me but just not the shade I was expecting. Second, is the color saturation. I found this shade to be sheer and needs 2-3 layers to achieve good color payoff. Next, of course is the texture of these which is nice actually. I don't find these stains uncomfortable to wear. They stay moisturizing for longer than I was expecting. Now, as for longivity of the color, I don't find that they last more than an hour. The moisturizing feeling remains but the color fades considerably and that is with no eating or drinking. As for the packaging, I do really like it. They are pretty and slim and I love how you can feel the cap snap in place once it is closed. Lastly, the scent of these lip stains is absolutely horrible, imo. These have a very strong floral scent, like Lancome lip products which I find overpowering. However, I do like this product and I do feel like it is worth the $7.49 I paid for them. Overall, I rate this product a 4.
****COLOR REVIEWED # 188 CORAL TATTOO****
All other aspects of this shade review is the same as above except the shade. Coral Tatto is absolutely perfect for my medium olive skin. It does have a strong orange base and it can look odd on light NW skintones. I highly rec this shade if you fall in the NC shades w/ MAC.

I just bought two of these in Coral Tattoo and Rose On and On. The Coral Tattoo is definitely my favorite of those. Not too orange or red. It does take a while to dry, and multiple layers to get a good solid pigment. They have a pretty good staying power, I went out to eat sushi for lunch and it was still there when I finished...even though some of it was left behind on my miso spoon :/
I quite like them though, all in all. They could be a bit more staining than glossy, but it'snot enough of a problem for me to knock off a star.

These take practice to apply correctly. They are a stain so it's not going to go on the same as a lipstick would. It has a watery/oily feeling upon application, and even though it has a sponge applicator, I feel like it's necessary to use your finger to finish the blending properly.
It takes a bit to dry, and once it does, it stays put very well. I did apply my regular lip balm over it after some time goes by. The colors aren't true to name, or look really, as I bought the one in red, and it's definitely more of a raspberry color once applied. I feel like you get a very small amount of product, but maybe they did that since you must reapply much less often than a regular lipstick so it all evens out? Also, lips should be in great condition, not chapped in any way or it can hurt or burn when applied.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I picked up two of these after hearing that they were potential YSL glossy stain dupes, I loved the YSL ones but considering how expensive they were I wasn't about to get more than a few, with the L'oreal you can afford to. These retailed for $13.99 at Shoppers in Canada when I bought them, could of bought them on sale,or cheaper at Walmart, but I was impatient.

The colour selection is very nice, I picked up only two just to try out, Pink Perseverance and Pink Resistance (the lightest in the line since I heard these run darker on your lips than in the tube and my lips definitely tend to do that). Perseverance is a very very light, almost undetectable, definitely will not show up at all on some people. Pink Resistance is a peachy/pink (the better of the two for sure), it has shimmers if I am not mistaken.

In terms of comparing them to the YSL glossy stains, the packaging is very nice on both, the brush is very similar, and when they go on they feel similar (that wet feeling). The colour is buildable and requires several coats, much like the YSL, you apply one layer, let it dry, put on another and repeat. But the L'oreal ones fall short in the wear, they go patchy and uneven (whereas the YSL just tend to fade). Overall, a nice "dupe" of the YSL glossy stains, I will definitely buy more.

These sell at Walmart Canada for about $11 regular price.

I picked up Coral Tattoo a few weeks ago and I like it but I don't love it.
I have to apply a few layers to get the colour to show up well. I find it's pretty drying too but after 2 layers it gets to be more gloss like and less dry.
The colour tends to last me only 2 hours since most of it ends up on my coffee cup! It is a very pretty, bright colour though - great for spring!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

2nd update March18: I now have 5 of these and I love them. I don't notice any fragrance or taste to them anymore so either I'm used to it or it fades. They do NOT dry my lips out and leave a nice stain. They are not nearly as pigmented as the YSL Glossy Stains but that makes them more wearable for everyday. I've upped my rating to a full 5 lippies from the previous 4. Great product especially when you can get them on sale for $6.99.

Update: After wearing these for a full week I can say that they do not dry my lips. It also finally came to me that these are maybe a little more of a dupe of Lancome La Laque Fever which is glossier but stickier in finish than YSL Glossy Stains. These are kind of in between the two high end products. Still a very good product IMO for the money.

Initial review:
I am a huge fan of YSL glossy stains but hate the price tag so I was very excited to finally try a dupe. These are almost identical in wear and feel to the YSL but they have a floral-ish fragrance which disipates and there is a slight chemical taste that lingers a while which I find annoying. I prefer lip products to taste and smell like vanilla or mint or better yet, nothing at all.

That being said, these wear really well and leave a stain which I like because I'm terrible for touch ups. Berry Resistant is a lovely deep colour that reminds me of MAC rebel in tone when it's on. Pink Rebellion is a beautiful blue pink tone that's not over the top. I'm impressed with the wear and feel and the colours. I'll see how much the taste bothers me but for now, I think I will repurchase should I ever run out.

All in all this is a very good dupe IMO.

These are a cheaper version of the YSL glossy stains both in price and quality. I do not think that they are identical, these ones are more watery and drying and doesnt feel comfortable at all. The color is hard to apply evenly and after awhile the color collects on the bottom part of the lips. The color that goes on the lips is also very different from the tube. I got a pink one but ended up with a bright red lip which is not the result that I want!

Recommended for Medium Skin