December 18, 2014 | 923 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 9:50:00 AM More reviews by ilec

These are a cheaper version of the YSL glossy stains both in price and quality. I do not think that they are identical, these ones are more watery and drying and doesnt feel comfortable at all. The color is hard to apply evenly and after awhile the color collects on the bottom part of the lips. The color that goes on the lips is also very different from the tube. I got a pink one but ended up with a bright red lip which is not the result that I want!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by zoey

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in coral & red first, but was terribly disappointed. The texture is very watery & I found the color applied streaky & unevenly on my lips. I exchanged those 2 darker colors for lighter colors (rose & pink resistance), hoping that the lighter colors wouldn't show as much obvious streaking as the darker colors. I was right! I also have rosy pigmented lips & many times, light colored lip glosses appear as clear gloss on me. But the pink color showed up on my lips & I found that I could layer the color for darker pigmentation.

It does have a slightly tacky feel when it dries, but it doesn't bother me. It has a light floral-fruity scent.

The applicator is the same as YSL's.

For reference, I have one of the YSL glosses & really prefer the YSL more. But of course, for the price, you can't beat the L'oreal version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 1:28:00 PM More reviews by MOIx2

I love these things!!! I have Endless Red and I love everything about it. Very opaque when first applied. Color slowly fades throughout the day and leaves a nice berry just bitten look on your lips. Doesn't dry them out either, so lasting power is awesome. Consistancy is a little sticky but nothing like a MAC lipglass. Scent is a little similar to the caresse lipsticks, fruity with a little floral. I don't mind it at all. And packaging is so cute. I like the gold little tube and the applicator makes easy application. Can't wait to try out more colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by teaelleyou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are an extremely extremely close dupe for the YSL glossy stains, down to the scent. The one difference I would say is the opacity, the YSL ones are a TOUCH more opaque. They have a unique texture and go on a little watery but also w/ a really strange stickiness, but it sets after about 30 seconds and while you still feel something on the lips, it's not sticky anymore and it wears for about 4-5 hrs on me before it starts to fade.

I picked up Eternal Red and Coral Tattoo and the Eternal Red is a BEAUTIFUL wearable rosy color on my very pigmented lips. The Coral Tattoo is also very pretty & wearable. I've heard the paler more subtle colors aren't so great for pigmented lips and I think that's probably true since these "bright" colors aren't very bright on me at all.

I apply these like I would the YSL glossy stains, putting on 1 light coat, working it in w/ my finger and then applying another coat on top straight from the brush, this will give it a more even coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got the rose one, and it is the perfect everyday color. The color payoff isn't the best because these are sheer, but I am not the person who likes really pigmented glosses. The shine is very fine and not too much, and really makes your lips look a little more pouty. Also, the feeling of these glosses is really nice and not sticky, yet they still last pretty long. Plus, the applicator is really nice too. Overall, I would defintely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/14/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by kitterz83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this product with High Hopes for it. I saw the color and decided I had to try it.

I purchased it from Target in the Lilac color. I was so excited. It was rather expensive for being a gloss (I think it was $7.99) but I had a $2 off coupon.

I gave this bad ratings overall because of the packaging flaws and how it affects the product.

First off the packaging narrows at some point - which is pretty to look it and kind of annoying to store. I can't get it to stand upright and have to store it in a drawer instead of my everyday makeup tray.

Secondly, it has the STRANGEST applicator. It's like a flared doe-foot applicator and the doe-foot bends around - which makes it annoying to apply.

Thirdly the guard it has on it scraps off to much of the product. So I have to keep dipping it in and wiggling it around to try and get enough product to come out.

It doesn't have a smell or a taste, which is alright. And it is a very pretty wash of slight sparkle and color. The packaging just ruins the product for me and I wouldn't recommend anyone to buy it - unless the packaging is revamped.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wrote a bad review last night but totally changed my mind today. I don't know why but the color was much better today and with a thinner coat this stuff wears much better. Its not sticky so my hair does not get stuck in it and it stays on my lips instead of my teeth. It does leave a faint stain after the gloss part is gone. The gloss wears longer than most glosses. I do want to point out several things to consider though. The tube is very small and designed to make you think there is more product. The color I have (pink resistance) is much more sheer than I expected and it is not at all true to what it looks like in the tube on my lips. On my lips its much warmer. A simple fairly light pink= pinkish coral. So be careful, I suspect these may turn warmer on lips. For instance, I normally like corals but the actual lipshade labeled coral looks like it might go on almost orange. If you like a pinkish coral thats what I find pink rebsistance to transform to on my reddish lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lizakaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried Pink Resistance & Rose On and On. Both stain, Rose On stains more deeply & the gloss has a deeper pink initial color. Please see my review of Pink Resistance for a more thorough descriptor of texture.

I am enjoying these (after a few days) and will likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these as a stain. I do find that your natural lip color affects how it looks on you. These are very buildable as well. I have lilac ever after which is pretty nude on me but a little bit purple. I also have pink resistance which is a coral. And which ever one is the hot pink that has pink in the name. It's not as hot of a pink as in the package. If you eat/drink the shine comes off, not the color. Love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I got Lilac Ever After, it is a gorgeous mauvey nude color. It is a long-lasting lip gloss! Unfortunately, I have been having an allergic reaction on my lips from wearing this. I have really red itchy lips after wearing this for two days.. I have decided not to wear this again due to the allergy D: I wanted to like this so bad, why are my lips sooo itchy, red and swollen D: