October 24, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Lydia07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wrote a bad review last night but totally changed my mind today. I don't know why but the color was much better today and with a thinner coat this stuff wears much better. Its not sticky so my hair does not get stuck in it and it stays on my lips instead of my teeth. It does leave a faint stain after the gloss part is gone. The gloss wears longer than most glosses. I do want to point out several things to consider though. The tube is very small and designed to make you think there is more product. The color I have (pink resistance) is much more sheer than I expected and it is not at all true to what it looks like in the tube on my lips. On my lips its much warmer. A simple fairly light pink= pinkish coral. So be careful, I suspect these may turn warmer on lips. For instance, I normally like corals but the actual lipshade labeled coral looks like it might go on almost orange. If you like a pinkish coral thats what I find pink rebsistance to transform to on my reddish lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:18:00 PM More reviews by lizakaya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried Pink Resistance & Rose On and On. Both stain, Rose On stains more deeply & the gloss has a deeper pink initial color. Please see my review of Pink Resistance for a more thorough descriptor of texture.

I am enjoying these (after a few days) and will likely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by queenofchlorine29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love these as a stain. I do find that your natural lip color affects how it looks on you. These are very buildable as well. I have lilac ever after which is pretty nude on me but a little bit purple. I also have pink resistance which is a coral. And which ever one is the hot pink that has pink in the name. It's not as hot of a pink as in the package. If you eat/drink the shine comes off, not the color. Love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I got Lilac Ever After, it is a gorgeous mauvey nude color. It is a long-lasting lip gloss! Unfortunately, I have been having an allergic reaction on my lips from wearing this. I have really red itchy lips after wearing this for two days.. I have decided not to wear this again due to the allergy D: I wanted to like this so bad, why are my lips sooo itchy, red and swollen D:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased these in a BOGO at CVS. I purchased Coral Tattoo and Eternally Nude. I also own YSL glossy stains in Camel Croisiere and Corail Aquatique. I find the the products to be nearly identical, with the exception of a somewhat stronger fragrance in the Eternally Nude. It dissipates quickly. I like the feel of these products on the lips. Not tacky, but not undetectable either, and for me this is where the stain part comes in. These don't leave much trace of color when they're gone, but the feel on the lips is very natural, and in my experience the color is long lasting. They cling to the lips with a satiny finish that survived thru lunch. I would much rather re-apply after lunch than have to scrub off the patchy leftovers of the typical color + gloss topcoat of most long wearing products. They do not dry out my lips and are surprisingly forgiving when my lips could use an exfoliation. Coral Tattoo is a cheerful coral, endless nude is light with a very slight red undertone to it, at least on my lips. One coat is plenty for detectable color and shine. I loved my YSL glossy stains and I love these just as much. At 1/3 of the price maybe more. I will likely purchase more colors.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by PorcelainVee

Bought 2 earlier and didnot like it . It was like a cheap lip stain that Had to constantly reapply . Packaging is beautiful and elegant but for $10 I would of liked a better quality stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this in Rose On and On and I absolutely love it. First, the color in the tube is not what shows up on your lips. The light pink turned into a really pretty rose color on my fairly pigmented lips. They are shiny without being glossy. More of a subtle shine, which I prefer. They go on very thin and watery but dry to a slightly waxy feel. They don't feel dry or tight like other long wearing lip products. The coverage is not full coverage, opaque or heavy. More color than a tinted balm but less than a creamy full coverage lipstick. The packaging is expensive looking for it being a drugstore item. Oh, there is a rose scent that disappears after a while. I wore this out on a date with my hubby and it lasted through a night of dinner and drinks :) Good thing is that the stain wore down evenly. The Revlon Balm stains left a weird neon ring on my lips which is why I hated those. These wore down nicely and the color I wore didn't morph into some weird neon color. Overall, I love these and plan on purchasing a few more colors. For reference, I'm NC30.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really wanted to like these.
I'm still on the fence about them. They're nice as a gloss but like most products intended to be a stain, the color is too much. I'm a lip balm type gal and usually don't wear lip products other than balm. I like the texture of these as they go on smooth and don't dry out lips. For the most part that's what I like about them. I have pretty pigmented lips. I tested the staining out on the back of my hand and it left a mark. Yet I can't tell, once the gloss is gone, that this has stained my lips. I'll keep using this and update my review in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have two of these, the red and the rose shade. Really like them both. The wear is comfortable and relatively long lasting. I love the combination of shine and stain. It's like having the best of both worlds. Plus, the color is natural looking. Doesn't scream out "I'M WEARING LIP COLOR!"

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Bellasima

I'd heard great things about these new gloss stains on here and my past two buys based on MAU recommendations (Jordana Extreme Best Lash and Revlon Balm Stains) had been awesome. I wondered if I could get 3 for 3 when I decided to try these new glosses. I was not disappointed. I got Rose On And On and Lilac Ever After. They are both gorgeous! Rose On And On is a subtle 'just kissed' shade of pink that lends a slight flush and fullness to your lips. Lilac Ever After goes on barely there then blooms into this gorgeous soft wash of pink that looks like you bit your lips, reddish undertone but subtle.

It's more velvety than sticky, it lasted through eating a meal and still looked good. The smell is somewhat floral, which is odd but not overwhelmingly so.

All in all an incredibly impressive product that I will repurchase.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No