August 1, 2014 | 1748 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

I got Lilac Ever After, it is a gorgeous mauvey nude color. It is a long-lasting lip gloss! Unfortunately, I have been having an allergic reaction on my lips from wearing this. I have really red itchy lips after wearing this for two days.. I have decided not to wear this again due to the allergy D: I wanted to like this so bad, why are my lips sooo itchy, red and swollen D:

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by DFcupcake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased these in a BOGO at CVS. I purchased Coral Tattoo and Eternally Nude. I also own YSL glossy stains in Camel Croisiere and Corail Aquatique. I find the the products to be nearly identical, with the exception of a somewhat stronger fragrance in the Eternally Nude. It dissipates quickly. I like the feel of these products on the lips. Not tacky, but not undetectable either, and for me this is where the stain part comes in. These don't leave much trace of color when they're gone, but the feel on the lips is very natural, and in my experience the color is long lasting. They cling to the lips with a satiny finish that survived thru lunch. I would much rather re-apply after lunch than have to scrub off the patchy leftovers of the typical color + gloss topcoat of most long wearing products. They do not dry out my lips and are surprisingly forgiving when my lips could use an exfoliation. Coral Tattoo is a cheerful coral, endless nude is light with a very slight red undertone to it, at least on my lips. One coat is plenty for detectable color and shine. I loved my YSL glossy stains and I love these just as much. At 1/3 of the price maybe more. I will likely purchase more colors.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by PorcelainVee

Bought 2 earlier and didnot like it . It was like a cheap lip stain that Had to constantly reapply . Packaging is beautiful and elegant but for $10 I would of liked a better quality stain

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 10:57:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

I purchased this in Rose On and On and I absolutely love it. First, the color in the tube is not what shows up on your lips. The light pink turned into a really pretty rose color on my fairly pigmented lips. They are shiny without being glossy. More of a subtle shine, which I prefer. They go on very thin and watery but dry to a slightly waxy feel. They don't feel dry or tight like other long wearing lip products. The coverage is not full coverage, opaque or heavy. More color than a tinted balm but less than a creamy full coverage lipstick. The packaging is expensive looking for it being a drugstore item. Oh, there is a rose scent that disappears after a while. I wore this out on a date with my hubby and it lasted through a night of dinner and drinks :) Good thing is that the stain wore down evenly. The Revlon Balm stains left a weird neon ring on my lips which is why I hated those. These wore down nicely and the color I wore didn't morph into some weird neon color. Overall, I love these and plan on purchasing a few more colors. For reference, I'm NC30.

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really wanted to like these.
I'm still on the fence about them. They're nice as a gloss but like most products intended to be a stain, the color is too much. I'm a lip balm type gal and usually don't wear lip products other than balm. I like the texture of these as they go on smooth and don't dry out lips. For the most part that's what I like about them. I have pretty pigmented lips. I tested the staining out on the back of my hand and it left a mark. Yet I can't tell, once the gloss is gone, that this has stained my lips. I'll keep using this and update my review in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2013 12:42:00 AM More reviews by snowbelle347

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have two of these, the red and the rose shade. Really like them both. The wear is comfortable and relatively long lasting. I love the combination of shine and stain. It's like having the best of both worlds. Plus, the color is natural looking. Doesn't scream out "I'M WEARING LIP COLOR!"

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 6:58:00 AM More reviews by Bellasima

I'd heard great things about these new gloss stains on here and my past two buys based on MAU recommendations (Jordana Extreme Best Lash and Revlon Balm Stains) had been awesome. I wondered if I could get 3 for 3 when I decided to try these new glosses. I was not disappointed. I got Rose On And On and Lilac Ever After. They are both gorgeous! Rose On And On is a subtle 'just kissed' shade of pink that lends a slight flush and fullness to your lips. Lilac Ever After goes on barely there then blooms into this gorgeous soft wash of pink that looks like you bit your lips, reddish undertone but subtle.

It's more velvety than sticky, it lasted through eating a meal and still looked good. The smell is somewhat floral, which is odd but not overwhelmingly so.

All in all an incredibly impressive product that I will repurchase.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 3:39:00 AM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to try this product since it was being so hyped up, but I was sadly disappointed. I tried three different colors and none of them really impressed me. I think the formula is cool, because something about the waxiness of the product does keep your lips looking shiny for a lot longer than most regular glosses. However, I have very pigmented lips and of the three I tried (one pale pink, one MLBB lilac, and one bright fuchsia), none really even showed up on me much. The fuchsia did leave a stain, but it was very pale. I suppose these only work if you either want a very pale wash of color or if you do not have very pigmented lips.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:26:00 PM More reviews by Starlyte

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Rite Aid was having a BOGO 50% off so I had to pick these up. They retail for about $10 or so, depending on where you get them.
I got Rose On and On (a light, subtle pink that I adore and can definitely wear every day) and Pink Rebellion (a blue based, brighter pink).
I love these and am thinking about running out and buying all the colors. These have a light alcohol scent that's not unpleasant but might bother those who are sensitive to fragrance. I would say that's the only downside. Otherwise they wear really well, feel light and natural on your lips... none of that sticky, drying film feeling that most long wearing lip products seem to have. These are called shine stains and amazing, they do stain the lips while retaining the glossiness! Most stains are flat or matte but I was pleasantly surprised to find that my lips still had the glossy look for several hours. These go on sheer but are definitely buildable. I swiped each about 3 times on my lips to get the color effect I wanted. The applicator is shaped different too and application was easy and precise. Would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by CorelliaCalling

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE: I've bought a second shade, Berry Persistent--cheesy, cheesy, cheesy name; I so wish that people would allow "very" and "berry" to be two entirely different, non-interchangeable words--and I have to add a warning. Do NOT rub your lips together after this stuff sets, because then you're asking for a mess (#learnedthehardway). The good news is, once I'd reapplied, it comfortably withstood a shift at work with all the colour and most of the gloss intact, and it barely transferred onto the straw of my iced coffee. So even with that glitch, it still gets a HUGE thumbs up from me.

So far Ive bought only one shadeStubborn Plum, which is in fact a sheer, mid-bright orchid colour but is it weird that Im considering a drugstore/ high street product for my wedding this year? (Having already set aside a Lancome eye palette, a MAC blush and a Victorias Secret highlighting powder.) I suppose I could go all out and look up the YSL number its based on, butwhy? Really, why? I cant imagine it being much more in the zone than the contents of this gorgeous gold vessel. I have to say, LOreal has almost all the cheaper brands beat in terms of packaging, and some from the big dogs, too. Whatever you do, dont get discouraged when this liquid stain spreads over your lips almost clear; give the pigments a minute to blossom, or develop, or whatever you want to call it. The gloss part is so fine and subtle that it looks more like a rich, clear balm than a sheet of vinyl stuck over your lips, which is what made me think that one of the more muted shades might be perfect for a bridal look. On a day where convention calls for you to make out with someone, you want to choose your lip products carefullyso even if I dont end up going with one of these bad girls, let the record show that it was, at the very least, a contender.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No