December 22, 2014 | 1763 users online

BB Cream - Revlon - Photoready BB Cream SPF 30

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2013 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jenn8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

About me- 44 yrs old, lily white/ultra fair coloring, neutral to cool undertones, combination, sensitive skin. BB creams have been hit or miss for me, mostly due to shade selection (or lack there of) and/or the finish of the product isn't what I want. I decided to give this one a shot and at first, I didn't really like it. I had been using Palmer's BB cream, which had become my favorite, but I find that it can be dry and can cake a bit, although the ingredients are exceptional. I have also liked the Maybelline BB cream for its "luminous" finish and that it didn't really cause me much oiliness however, it has almost no coverage while the Palmer's has a bit more. My skin had become drier over the winter and I had started using a facial oil which I love and have seen major skin improvement from using. After starting with the facial oil, I began to have issues with using any type of base product as they either separate on the skin or become very oily or both, even the 2 previously mentioned BB creams, even though the face oil sinks into my skin completely. I pulled the Revlon BB back out and tried it again. I have found this to work the best over the face oil and now I love this product! It seems to have more coverage than most without caking up or separating. It is thicker than the Maybelline but not as thick feeling as the Palmer's. It seems to ahve more coverage than tinted moisturizers as well but hydrates as well as TM's. The bonus of having an SPF 30 is fantastic as the face oil has none and I use it daily as my moisturizer. For the most part, my skin is pretty clear and even, with the occasional breakout, and some redness around my nose. This product gives me enough coverage to even out my skin, gives a luminous finish that is not as shimmery as the Maybelline (more "healthy glow"), doesn't irritate my skin or cause me to breakout. Anything it doesn't completely cover, I can hit with a concealor. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for sheer coverage, with good SPF. One note- please keep in mind that BB creams are not full coverage foundations nor are they a complete skincare product either. Know what to expect from what you're buying and there will be less disappointment!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by ritaoutt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am new to the BB cream phenomena, but I have been satisfied with the Revlon Photoready BB cream. I tried the Garnier BB cream first and was not very happy with how it looked on my face or with the smell. I use my Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer first and then put on the BB cream and it smooths on well. It helps to even my skin-tone and I like wearing it on a daily basis instead of a full face of foundation. I don't really have acne prone skin, just dark circles and a little redness around my nose. The formula is thick, but it has an SPF of 30 (awesome)! I like to warm the formula on my fingertips first and then apply it to my face. I don't love this product, but it is definitely satisfactory.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this almost every day. It's thick, does have a decent amount of coverage for a BB, and has SPF 30 (and since it's thick, you might actually be getting that amount of protection). And its the lightest BB cream I have found in the drugstore. Up until that time anyway. Once I got this I was satisfied & stopped looking for others.
Shade: I wear the Ivory in CS Whipped & Nearly Naked & the Light/Fair shade in the BB cream

NOTE: I use this like I would a tinted moisturizer. I noticed that this had bad reviews on Ulta, etc but when I look through those reviews it seems like those people are unclear about how you are suppose to use a BB cream. It's not a primer, its not suppose to have full coverage & yes, they might not have your shade

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2013 8:45:00 AM More reviews by jhuaniey

I have acne prone combination skin. Some parts of my skin are extremely dry and flaky but some (mostly my nose) are very oily. I'm more oily than dry though.
I bought this in light/medium which is a perfect match for my skin. I don't wear a lot of face makeup but I do have lots of redness. When I tried this, I just used my hands to blend it in and it worked completely fine. It conceals the redness but not my dark spots so I just put a little foundation or concealer on those parts. I love it cause it doesnt break my out. But it does get me shiny after a whole day at school. It's probably great for people with less oily skin (more like normal to oily).
Other than that it's great for just daily use.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/7/2013 2:37:00 AM More reviews by autumnlee33

hate it!
no coverage im fair with pink undertones
the lightest shade works but is too orange! it accentuates large pores and dry patches it does not spread well and does not blend its so thick and greasy the shine still shows through after setring it with powder ugh for $10 its such a waste of money do not buy you'll regret it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by livelaughlovexx

LOVE THIS BB CREAM! I've tried so many other bb creams from the drugstore like maybelline, rimmel, garnier you name it. I tried the tester when i was in priceline and loved it but the price is just plain horrible $25 is way too much! Despite the ugly price tag this product blends in like a dream and gives me light-medium coverage which is just what i need since i don't have very problematic skin. I use this on a day to day basis for school with powder and i'm good to go! LOVE this so much! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2013 4:17:00 AM More reviews by jmmcd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Not my idea of what an American BB cream should be. Too oily and thick... goes on more like makeup than it does a moisturizer. Doesn't moisturize very well, either, and leaves behind a horrible, shiny finish that makes you look like you've been sweating all day. Also, the ingredients tend to encourage acne breakouts. Bought this BOGO, and still feel like it was a waste of money....

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2013 2:38:00 AM More reviews by celtalitha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought this a couple weeks ago when it was 40% off at Ulta, which made it about $6-something. I was almost out of my usual light-coverage makeup (Lorac, LOVE) and decided to try something cheap on a whim. I'm glad I did!

I have slightly dry, sensitive skin with no major breakouts, and have been trying to use as little "gunk" on it as possible to keep it clear and healthy. I've been sticking to higher-end face products for the last several years (after lots of grief and error with drugstore stuff in my teens), but I took a risk with this one and was pleasantly surprised; it hasn't made me break out yet, and I've been using it every day for about two weeks; the coverage is decent for a moisturizer (which is basically what it is); and the color ("light") looks perfect and natural on my pale Irish/Nordic skin. I wouldn't wear this to "go out" or if I had to look flawless, but it's a nice step up from no makeup at all and is extremely quick to apply.

In sum: this is not a "foundation" if you need solid coverage, and it's not for those with greasy or oily skin at all. It's basically a tinted moisturizer with a bit better coverage than most. If you don't wear a lot of makeup, or have dry skin and want something to even out coloring/add color to your face on "lazy" days, this is good and cheap and easy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 11:29:00 AM More reviews by LeaLyons

This is a hit, and miss product. Since the drugstore has been coming out with all these BB creams (even high end brands as well). At the drugstore I would say this is one of the best BB creams, aside from the fact, its a bit greasy. As long as you set it with a powder (tinted powder looks better with the BB cream, because it adds more coverage) you will be fine, but if you have oily skin (super oily) definitely go all out with setting spray, and powder, and blotting papers. Personally I am normal-combination skin, and as long as i set it with some powder, its fine. If you do have super oily skin and are not into lugging around extra products, true the Garnier BB cream Combination-Oily, its mattifying. If you have dry skin, this gives a very nice glow, but on its own does not last that long. With a primer and powder this product will be fine :)
P.s. for more coverage, double up with a second layer of BB cream, it replaces the spot of concealer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by annavi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I bought Revlon's BB cream because I trust the brand and didn't really want to experiment too much with Asian BB cream brands. I also tried Maybelline's BB cream and their new watergel and really didn't like it - too watery and somehow not firm enough (not that I would expect anything too amazing from Maybelline). Compared to these and other brands at similar prices, Revlon's BB is so much better! I'm really satisfied!

The cream perfectly blended with my skin colour, giving it a very FRESH look, which is exactly what I was looking for. Even though I have oily/combination skin, I prefer slightly glowy look to completely matte unnatural one. However, if you need coverage, you obviously have to complement this cream with stronger foundation. Other than that, I use Artdeco's fixing powder in addition to Revlon's BB cream (although the cream is very light )and then it looks even better. Alternatively, if you have oily skin, you can use Bourjois anti shine blotting sheets, and you'd be still looking very fresh! Definitely recommend this product, it's of higher quality than other BB creams of comparable prices.