September 17, 2014 | 1980 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:27:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

On a bad note:

I was curious about this mascara for quite a time. I really liked Maybelline's "Falsies" and this Rocket mascara had quite promising claims to it: to volumize, separate and all that jazz.

As soon as I opened my mascara - I noticed that the brush bristles are damaged in some parts of the wand. The mascara tube that I got was already with the brush inside of the product (not the one where you put the brush inside of mascara yourself).

The texture of this mascara is quite wet and the brush never helped with clumps. On the contrary it was always terribly clumping my lashes even with thin first coat strokes. To make it work for me - I was going through my lashes with the eyelash comb brush to minimize the mess.

Yet the brush of this - is a total disaster. And it might take some time to take this product off (I used a non-waterproof version).

On a good note:
1. This mascara lasted me quite a long time, considering I tried to use it together with my comb brush nearly every day for several months
2. The pigmentation is great and I haven't had any fall out
3. I have a non waterproof version - yet I happened to cry couple of times with this on and it didn't smudge all over my face (luckily)
4. Once the mascara was opened for couple of weeks - it started having a less wet texture which I fund made the application and result better

Result: Rocket mascara could be a better product if it had a different wand and slightly less wet texture. It is an okay product for a drugstore.
For more candid in-depth reviews on other beauty/makeup products head here: http://thepartyparrot.wix.com/partyparrotblog

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by Tam94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Its so far the best mascara i have tried, it volumises and make my lashes look really nice . It doesn't not lengthens so still on the hunt for a good mascara that lengthens my lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2014 7:55:00 PM More reviews by Chimpo178

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

At first this was a most have then after it made my lashes soooo dry and clumpy . It does lengthen and volumize but it's not worth the clump

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

One of the worst mascaras. I red so many good reviews, that I went and bought it. What a dissapointment. I was so convinced it's gonna be good... It's so flaky, clumps up like crazy! It takes long time to dry. This is the only mascara that I apply, and then wait few minutes until it dries, careful not to close my eyes too tight. It smudges. And another weird thing is to remove it - it comes of flaky, stringy or something. Just bad mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by pamelabethga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

So, I did love the Jordanna mascara and still do, however, I was starting to notice that my eyelashes had no volume. No real length. They were dark and dramatic but not very flirty. If that makes sense. I definitely to purchase a volume mascara and THIS ONE has been purchased at least four times. It does have a tendency to clump so I use the Rimmel Accelerator to lengthen and define the lashes. Best combo ever. If that is too much work, I will just use Jordanna but honestly, I have received so many compliments on my "perfect" lashes, that I have started using Maybelline Rocket & Rimmel Lash Accelerator together every day!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by SUBAi

I didn't like this mascara. I have short thin lashes. This mascara drooped them right after I curled them. So after they drooped I had to re-curl my lashes a couple times for them to stay which ended up ripping out a lot of lashes, therefore it's a really big hassle everyday. It smudged a lot after 2hrs and clumped a bit. It was a WASTE of $$$

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by moh10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Luv this mascara it totally volumizes your eye lashes. I Luv the color black and pretty

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2014 6:44:00 AM More reviews by Monyak12

I have long thick lashes and it's formula is strong enough to make them stay curled. The only thing i hate about this product after couple of hours it starts to flake off if you accidentally touch your lashes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:14:00 PM More reviews by nmills81

Clumped my eye lashes majorly...to wet and made my eyes water so bad...works for others but not for me

rated 3 of 5 on 2/12/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by vitalogies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mascara is alright. It's very buildable, lengthening, pretty volumizing and holds my curl decently. However, it makes my eyelashes feel brittle and crunchy, and when I try to take it off some of my eyelashes usually fall out. Kind of disturbing, so I don't think I'll buy it again.