August 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2014 2:46:00 AM More reviews by immiaaxo

There's not a lot of hype about this product, only a couple youtubers rave about this. When I went shopping with my friend, she bought this mascara (first time ever) because she needed a new one and it was on sale, and this made her lashes look AMAZING. They looked like false lashes! So I was very hesitant to buy this product because I have short sparse asian lashes, and it's my favorite mascara! It's better than most high end mascara, doesn't get too clumpy and lasts ALL DAY curled with my short lashes! It does wonders for people who have long ones too. It does flake sometimes, which I don't mind too much, and takes a while to dry, ALWAYS gets on my eyelids and its hard to take off, so it stays all day but is very messy.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I heard gossmakeupartist and Bethany Mota rave about this mascara, so I decided to try this out. This was my very first mascara, so I practiced for a few days before actually wearing it out. I wiggle the wand, then roll the want as I pull through to comb out clumps. However, some of the mascara always gets on my lids, so I take a q-tip and some water to clean it up. I wore this school for three days, and every time, the mascara ends up smudging and giving me raccoon eyes! The third day was the worst - I checked myself in the bathroom mirror and I realized how awful the raccoon eyes looked! And my crush was previously sitting next to me! Maybe I'm doing so something wrong, I'm not sure, but I've followed YouTube tutorials on how to apply mascara very much obediently.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Amyrosie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Awful. It makes my eyelashes feel like I have cement on it. Plus, it makes them fall out!

I will try something else..

rated 2 of 5 on 1/23/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Bunnieskat

I hate the formula for this mascara it's so annoying and flakey and weird and it would clump and te mascara also made my lashes fall out. Will be going back to my HG loreal telescopic . MAYBELLINE SUCKS WITH THEIR SHITTY PRODUCTS

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 2:28:00 AM More reviews by AriamMariel

This mascara is really really good. It separates, lengthens and gives volume to my lashes. My lashes are pretty long as it is but with this mascara they are sky high long. The staying power is incredible in this formula. The only thing that i don't like but that is totally bearable is the smell it smells really strong in my opinion but as I said is bearable. Im on my 5th tube and still loving it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2014 12:09:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

bought this mascara on a whim one day, just cus it was cheap, and it was maybelline. mascara is something ill buy often as ill layer different mascara in my eye makeup routine. mascara from maybelline is always worth the impulse buy because you really get all the bang for your buck. especially with the rocket volum express.
this is a really awesome brush, which keeps the lashes seperated while the formula adds a lot of volume. sexy fat lashes. im on my second tube now fully enjoyong this mascara!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybelline consistently makes incredible mascaras, and this is definitely one of them. This is one of the BEST mascaras I have ever tried. It gives me high-end quality lashes at a drugstore price. Awesome! There are a few tricks to getting good results with this, though. First, you have to apply 2-3 coats in order to get that amazing length and volume. Second, you MUST apply this in a zig-zag motion. At first, I was making the mistake of applying it straight upwards and I was initially disappointed with the results. Then I tried the zig-zag method and boom...AMAZING! It should also be noted that this mascara dries fairly quickly, which is something I look for. I cannot stand wet lashes that take forever to dry! This also doesn't clump, nor does it flake off or smudge throughout the day. I'm on my second tube and I will continue to repurchase. I think I paid around $8.79 for this at Rite Aid...which is well worth it, considering I used to shell out $20+ on Diorshow...and this mascara gives me even better results. HG!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Rachel148

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is honestly one of the worst mascaras that I have ever tried, and I hate to say that with all of the hype. I bought this product about 2 months ago, and the first thing I noticed was the smell. It was a strong scent that made my eyes water, and I had to hold my breath while I opened it. The second thing I noticed was how it was such a wet consistency, and that kind of formula clumps my lashes together so much it's absolutely ridiculous. I have short, sparse, blonde lashes, and this just made them look terrible. This mascara did not separate, lengthen, or thicken my lashes. I thought that maybe it was just that application, and since I tried it as soon as I got home and had to remove my previous mascara, I assumed that it was just because of the cleanser that was left over from my makeup wipes. Boy was I wrong. The next morning when I tried, they looked even worse. I thought that maybe it was the wet formula, so I let it sit in my drawer for the months between then and now, hoping it would dry out a little, and maybe have a better application on my lashes. I recently pulled it out it it was still just goopy, and clumping, and I finally had to throw it away. Kind of upsets me because even though it was cheaper than some drugstore mascaras (priced about $7.49), it was a complete waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 4:03:00 PM More reviews by justbeingme65

Good mascara. Adds great volume and color but I like the Maybelline megaplush mascara better. This mascara doesn't add that good of volume but it adds a little bit. Color is amazing though. Definitely would buy again if I ran out because of how awesome the color is.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by 3110hello

Always trying new drugstore mascaras since I think they are often as good as high end ones and of course always looking for that "better/best" mascara out there, I think this is a fine product. I definitely compare this to the cover girl lash blast mascara. The applicator reminds me of lash blast and the mascara itself adds the same type of volume to my lashes. It doesn't clump if I don't apply too many coats and it doesn't flake on me. I don't think it lengthens all that much but I tend to want volume (so I look like I have SOME lashes) so this is a very wearable drugstore mascara for me.