October 22, 2014 | 2014 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - The Rocket Volum Express

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Lovepink7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this mascara! It gives a ton of volume and some lengthening, too. The brush's bristles are short. I like brush-y sort of bristles better, but this works amazingly. I had no problems with clumping, though others have. The formula leans toward the wet side. It holds my curl on my straight lashes. It doesn't flake or smudge throughout the day! Maybelline mascaras have yet to fail me (which I hope is never). Totally dig it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 12:11:00 AM More reviews by nihaobrookey

Makes my lashes look gorgeous but takes some effort to take off as I don't like the kind of eye makeup removers that are oily!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Makeupcat104

This mascara can either make my lashes look amazing or straight up awful. He formula is very wet and can clump if you aren't extremely careful during application, which is annoying. I have the non-waterproof formula and it's almost impossible to get off! My makeup remover says it can remover waterproof mascara but it can hardly get this stuff off my lashes. Overall, if you like a wet formula, large brush, and a mascara that refuses to budge then you will probably like this! However, it is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by katyamaral

I have tried virtually every available drugstore mascara. I am not exaggerating. When I tried this mascara I was completely blown away. Maybelline generally has very good mascara's but the rocket is my absolute favourite. This mascara goes on perfectly for me. It makes my eyelashes look ginormous and perfect. I absolutely love this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by blumare003

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG!! This mascara gives all day volume that is very noticeable and holds curl, separates lashes with no smudging, no flaking, no clumps, no chemical smell, and washes off easily with regular face wash. I love the blunt brush tip because i can reach all my tiny lashes in the corner of my eyes without the wand touching my nose/eye and smudging everywhere like most pointy end wands do. Also the light weight formula is thin, but provides surprising volume and doesn't weight my lashes down.

I have sensitive eyes and wear contacts so shopping for mascara can be tough. I love volume and this mascara is perfect. I also have very long eyelashes that are thin and point in different directions so spider lashes usual happens with most mascaras, but not this one! even after 2-3 coats my lashes stay separated and curled although i usually only need 2 coats.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2014 4:04:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually dismiss drugstore mascaras because they always irritate my eyes. But since I couldn't afford my beloved Benefit They're Real! mascara, I opted to buy this one after seeing some good reviews.

I didn't buy the waterproof version, but this hold a curl so well. I have a problem with my eyelashes drooping after five minutes of mascara application, but this holds my curl all day. I think this what I love most about this mascara.

This gives me volume, but not much length. I have long lashes, but having some help is always good. This mascara also really separates, which is what I like. I don't like clumped together, spider lashes.

This mascara doesn't flake, smudge or irritate my eyes at all. This mascara is a win!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:23:00 AM More reviews by rgomez4

I bought this as a mascara to go to when I didn't want to wear my long-wear waterproof mascara. (colossal: cateyes waterproof). I absolutely hate this mascara. It does not hold a curl, it is very watery and sticky, it's extremely clumpy, the brush is not even a brush; the spikes are so thick that they don't really separate my lashes. I hate it and I will never buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by jinxybells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not like this mascara at all. It clumps and bleeds very easily. I'm always having to check my eyes for run offs when I use this, and honestly, no one wants to walk around constantly worried that if they blink too hard, their mascara will transfer to their cheeks.

I have short, straight lashes, and I've always had to curl my lashes before using mascara. This mascara just pulls them down after about 2 hours of wear, causing my lashes to lose their curl somewhat. Perhaps it might work better with someone who has naturally curly and fuller lashes? On Asian eyes it's just horrid.

The mascara wand itself is problematic. It ends with a stumpy top which has a tendency to accumulate product. It's just so difficult to get into the tiny lashes right at the inner corner of the eyes without smearing your skin with black mascara. Not an ergonomic design at all.

The only benefit I can think of is that it really does add some volume. It adds length for about the first hour or so, then my lashes go back to being really stumpy again. It may be related to the loss of curl in my lashes.

I've stuck with this mascara for quite some weeks now, in hopes that maybe I'd get the hang of it, but nope, this just will not work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by polenta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Very disappointing. First off, the brush is too big and makes it hard to distribute the mascara evenly. It holds a curl, the waterproof version does, but theres not enough length for me. It clumps when you try to build it up. I can see little fibers. Strange. Taking it off is a chore and I feel like I am damaging my lashes. Not worth the price. Also dont understand why so many people on youtube were raving about it. Covergirl Lash Blast is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:04:00 PM More reviews by babygirl24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this mascara! The brush is to die for and leaves your lashes looking ah-mazing! Definitely loving Maybelline's mascaras!