September 30, 2014 | 1187 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Le Volume De Chanel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by fennykiro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's wonderful... first time i wanna buy this product but still confused and wanna compare with they're real from benefit.. and i bought this chanel.... i tried it and it so amazing it volumized my eyelashes. i have so tiny eyelashes and after applying this le volume mascara 3times it becomes very very thick and long... i love it. but talk about price it's so expensive. but trust me, you're gonna love it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2013 4:30:00 PM More reviews by Judyluvbear

This mascara is my favorite! I have short sparse eyelashes and it gives me a full dramatic fan like look and holds a curl all day! Love it! It's does not clump or smudge or flake at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by CELAARIEL8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

One day i was walking through nordstrom and a chanel sales lady stopped me to talk about this mascara, i was in a hurry but she insisted i let her try it on me so i did and left. A few hours later when i got home and looked at myself i noticed what a difference this mascara did right away. I have very short lashes that grow down and the mascaras i have tried don't make a huge difference but this one did, i couldn't believe the fullness and volume this mascara gave me without even curling my lashes. When my husband got home he asked if i was wearing fake lashes ( i always do when i have a special event or go out) That's when i knew i had to go back and purchase it.. I waited until night to take it off, i usually have raccoon eyes by then ( i sometimes rub my eyes forgetting i have something on) but to my surprise no raccoon eyes! It having long lasting power is a plus. So I went back to purchase it the next day and I know its on the expensive side but its the best $30 i've ever spent :)

PS. i dont have to use false lashes all the time to go out, i first use my sephora eyelash curler and add this mascara and a little eyeliner and im ready to go, this combo makes such a big difference on my eyes i hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

I just love this. All my Chanel purchases have been good ones, and I loved this mascara immediately. I like very dramatic lashes, so I still use Covergirl clump crusher first to separate and lengthen my lashes, but this on top of that adds such incredible volume with little to no clumping. Still works as a mascara on its own however! Will definitely repurchase!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by GrRoxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

UPADTE: After leaving it quite some time to dry out a little I tried it again. No clumps, no smudging and amazing volume. It still crumbles though. Im not sure its worth spending on it and then have to wait until formula dries. Still- it looks amazing so I added one lippie but the crumbles are a big no-no for me.

I got a mini mascara to test and I didnt have high hopes for it. I have very long lashes so I dont look for lengthening- it creates grotesque effect.

Its very easy to get clumps, it doesnt add much volume which is something you would hope for :) It also crumbles and leaves you lovely little black dots under eye after 6-7 hours. It also doesnt hold curl well. I have no idea what it does good except making lashes black. It doesnt irritate my eyes and its kinda easy to take off with Bioderma. Very disappointing Chanel!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by Fcmalik

And I have found my HG mascara. This mascara curls, lifts, and creates drama volume. It does not flake or make the lashes brittle and hard. I am a mascara junkie and was previously a YSL Shocking Faux Cils user but I have officially moved on. My qualm with YSL's mascara was that the bristles start to stick together after a 2-3 weeks and its too expensive to keep updating that frequently. I strongly recommend le volume de chanel. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by caligrl16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

If you are reading this review debating on whether or not it's worth spending 30 dollars on a mascara, I get it, I was too. However I would urge you to go get it immediately! I love mascara, everyone has their favorite beauty item, and mine is mascara. I literally have about 10 in my rotation right now, most of them drugstore. The minute I got this mascara, those stopped being used. They are still good mascaras, but I've never tried a mascara that was better than this and that is saying a lot. The first time I used it, I wasn't really wowed. But it usually takes me a few tries to figure out the best way to work with a new mascara and get used to it. By the third or fourth try, I was in love. I'm blessed to have pretty long lashes naturally, however I don't have too much volume. I like mascaras that can give me both, and this does just that. It is a wetter mascara, so keep that in mind. I find the best way to use it for my lashes is to put on a coat, let it set for about 30-40 seconds, then go back and build it up. When I'm done my lashes literally look like falsies, and no other mascara has done that for me. It is expensive, but for me it is worth every penny!!

13 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by opossum19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great great mascara from chanel, i love that it is really deep black color, gives decent volum and length. BUT it is hard to get of and for that a 4

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by pseudokool

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow, is all I can say right now. I am a serial mascara junkie (I should realllly kick the habit) and wanted to try this one out. I have used this with and without primer.

So, my lashes are average, short, very straight lashes. I'm looking for volume, curling, and length (in that order.) I had high expectations for LVDC. When you take the brush out, it is covered in product, so I try to wipe the excess inside the tube before I remove it fully, and that helps a bit. The formula is wet, so it does take a while to dry. This stuff slightly undoes my curl, which is disappointing, but it does not clump on me, and it fans them out pretty nicely adding thickness to each lash and lengthens pretty well. I wait until it dries a bit and add a bit more, lightly zig-zagging my eyelashes. After it completely dries down, its a nice deep black, and makes my small eyes pop. My hubby even mentioned, "wow, your lashes look long honey." For him to comment means it stands out. I do another curl with my lash curler and that's it. Pretty happy with it overall.

I find with a primer it clumps pretty bad though, so I just use it on naked lashes. It's nice not having to layer primer, and multiple mascaras. I have a tendency to use a primer, lengthening, and then a different volumizing mascara to get the look that I want. Its a long process! lol. With this, I'm pleased that I only have to use this one.

It does smear a bit on me. I am in healthcare, and wearing a mask and goggles 8 hrs a day, I do have a bit of panda eyes. On my off days, I have not seen smudging. It does wash off easily, which I do like that part.

The tube is a heavy sleek black tube, and the top clicks into place when you close it. The Snowflake brush has alternating larger and smaller bristles to catch every lash, or so they say. It is nice packaging.

The price is expensive, I really don't like that its $30. If it was $28, I wouldn't have a problem with it- funny isn't it? It's like when they price things $19.99 it still makes it better than a flat $20. Anyway, it seems like all that mascaras are going up in price, so I suppose thats how it goes. I like what it does for me, let's see if there will be anything that will top this, for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by apkeating

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I went into my Chanel to repurchase my Inimitable Intense in November and they happened to be out :( This happened to be when they were pre-releasing the Le Volume formula. I LOVE volume, so I figured what the hell. The brush is fatter than the I.I. formula, and it's wetter, which my lashes don't seem to like. For me, it clumped more. That may have been the fact that you can brush clumps out with the I.I. brush better, I don't know. Either way, I didn't like this after about 4 uses. It's too wet and clumps on me really easily. I already repurchased the Inimitable Intense and remembered why I liked it to begin with. It separates, this one doesn't.

Edit: I tried this again when I was desperately low on mascara and couldn't get to Bloomingdale's (I don't use drugstore makeup) and it had dried out a little and I liked it a LOT more. I still think I prefer Inimitable Intense due to the separation, but the fact that it wasn't horribly wet made it easier to use. My lashes hate super wet mascara. Ideally I would buy this and Inimitable Intense and layer them but spending $60 on mascara every 4 months is a tad much on my med school budget (and I already spend too much on makeup as it is anyway)