January 25, 2015 | 1974 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

What a let down.

I preface this review by saying that I am an oil fanatic - cleansing, moisturizing, on my scalp, my hair, to shave with, underneath hand creams in the wintertime.... Which led me to think I would adore this product.

Not at all. My skin is in decent shape - a bit of redness, some large-ish pores and some hyper pigmentation but overall I'm okay. But with this foundation, well, its just a struggle. Yes you only need a small amount, but I find the dropper hard to work with because its such a thin liquid. Invariably I waste as it goes everywhere. (I actually think a squeeze bottle like Chanel Aqua VA would have been much better, and easier to travel with.)

And the finish! Its so so shiny. Like plastic shiny. Like my face has been dipped into Crisco shiny. I feel like the shine distracts from the flaws I am trying to cover more than offering any coverage. And yet, it accentuates any dry patches I might have. How bizarre.

The SA at the counter recommended a primer to use with this, but sorry Zio Giorgio, if I"m sending such a chunk of change on a foundation, I expect it to work without a primer. If you're interested in spending a small fortune on a foundation, better to get Luminous Silk & sheer it down with a damp beauty blender - it takes 45 sec instead of 30 and the finish is just so much nicer and more lifelike. At least then you also have a foundation that will also work on days when you need a bit more coverage or that you can layer if necessary.

For the record, I'm a neutral NC-NW 20, Chanel Aqua VA B20 & #5 in maestro is a perfect match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Cutie7

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Sadly, I'm really disappointed with this product. I've tried this several times and unfortunately need to return the product. First, I love GA's foundations - was a Luminous Silk devotee then changed to Lasting Silk UV foundation a few years ago.

This product doesn't deliver. First, GA says something to the effect "it's water free" and that "unique oils volatile and non volatile have different drying times and benefit the formulation". Contradictory, there is water in the formulation (near the end) and the oils volatile or not, there is A LOT of alcohol in this formulation. Hence, maybe the drying and drying out of your skin?? Alcohol is listed twice in the ingredients (near the beginning) and quite frankly this foundation looks awful on my skin. I'm in my early 40's and this foundation makes me look older! It sinks into every pore/wrinkle and don't even think about setting it with powder it unless it's a hydrating kind! I tried MUFE and even GA's powder and the foundation looked terrible. A few times I washed it off and started over. Not what I want to be doing with foundation or my time! Also, the coverage is sheer and atleast for me, later in the day, my face feels red and itchy... I also had a few breakouts and just the feeling of my skin with this on - it felt silicony and not soft like other foundations. FYI, I'm not sure what skin type this would be suited for, maybe someone young, with impeccable and normal skin? Eek...dunno

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2012 9:45:00 AM More reviews by sailorj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

SECOND UPDATE!: I've been using this in the extremely hot and humid weather we have been having. It is perfect. Feels much less heavy than other foundations, there is no skin texture issues because of the environment this time of year, and it holds up to the weather. Looks more natural in this weather as compared to when I wore it in the winter, and looks more natural than other foundations I have tried in this weather. I wear it over Skinceuticals Phloretin CF.

UPDATE/EDIT: I still love this foundation BUT, I haven't used it in about a month or so. This is not a winter foundation for me. I have used it on vacation in incredibly hot, humid climates, it holds up. I live in NJ and it's been such a brutally cold and dry winter and even my oily skin needed something a little less matte right now, something with a little slip. I'm using D&G cream foundation, also with the Murad primer (the primer is my only year-round constant). I'll be picking the Maestro up again in the spring when the weather warms and there is some moisture in the air.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: So I waited about three weeks before writing this review of Maestro...I adore this foundation, it absolutely is my HG BUT I have to say I have read so many reviews and just have to remind everyone, as with any foundation, you just have to try it. This is clearly not a formula that will work on everyone, so get a sample, and see how it goes.

I have oily, sensitive skin. I agree that this foundation goes on a bit dull looking. Because of the type of skin I have, after about half an hour, it looks beautiful, and continues to get better throughout the day until about the 7-8 hour mark. I do get oil break through (as I have with everything I have ever used) but I blot with a tissue and it's fine. The foundation does not separate on me, and I am still confident at the end of the day with the face I am putting forward. I can't feel this on my face, there is no sensitivity for me, and so many foundations feel either heavy or itchy on my face. I look like I have beautiful skin. I find the coverage to be just shy of medium, but not light. I have not had any breakouts from this.

This foundation will absolutely highlight any dry patches on your skin-I was horrified the first time I put it on. But I thought my best course of action was to treat the dry patches that I didn't even know I had as I really loved how the foundation wore. I started using Bobbi Brown's face oil in conjunction with the retinol treatment I use at night, and I also cut back on the retinol use. My skin is more even toned with no flaky skin as a result.

I don't know what color I am in MAC-it's been so long. But I have always been Warm Ivory in Bobbi Brown foundations in the winter, Sand and Warm Sand in the summer. In the dead of winter I will be a 2 in the Maestro-with my summer color a 4 or 4.5. Right now I am in between but give me a couple weeks and I will strictly be at 2. I also have seen the reverse oxidation on this foundation, and as my oil comes through during the day it does not get darker.

Try it if you are normal to oily, might want to skip it if you are dry, unless you have a moisturizing primer that you trust. I do like to use this foundation with Murad's mattifying primer, my personal HG.

Good luck!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by amilia5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh product.

On first impressions it seems like it would have great fusion potential. It is so silky and initially gives an airbrushed look for such a thin foundation.

However, this does not last long, and it basically melts right into the skin - into every pore, and highlights EVERY flaw, even the ones I hadn't noticed!

It starts feeling greasy in the afternoon, it looks tired, gets itchy. And eventually we have a breakout.

All it looks like really is that you have a layer of colour on. If that is your thing, then hooray, but IMO, I don't really see the point of it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

With all the raves, I had to get this fdn. to experience it myself.
Why ...... what is this, its nothing new ...... that's air-brush foundation, that's what it is ...... it is silicone based air-brush foundation. Nothing new about that, the only difference is the glass-dropper suspender.
And this is a clever marketing, to put an old idea in a new bottle. As far as I know, Mac Pro has it, also does Temptu.
Yes, airbrush fdn. can be applied with fingers (although sponge & brushes will mob up too much product).
It is good for slight uneven skin-tone, pore issues, and an all over put together natural look.
On the other hand, if you have acne, ice-picked type of scars to cover, forget it.
Air-brushed fdn. gives more coverage because the pressure of the air (gun) forced the product further into the skin, thus giving more coverage. Although I have not try this, but I am pretty certain that Maestro can be put into the airbrush set-up as well.
The colour selections are excellent (at least for the medium shades), while the pro silicone based airbrush fdn. (Mac, Temptu), usually requires the mixing of 2 colours, which is not a problem for me.
In short, an old (or not so new) professional product put in a new package, for 3 times the cost Can$ 68. I will not re-purchase.
ps. I am NW30 NC35, NC40 in Mac'sMicronized airbrush formula, Temptu S/B airbrush fdn. in 004 and 005, usually in 1:1 ratio. I chose Maestro in 6.5 although 7 will suit me too.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:45:00 AM More reviews by zbelle

Like the reviewer before me, I also hate to throw cold water on this hot new product, but it didn't work for me. However, that's not to say that it's a bad product. It is very easy to spread with your fingers, which is the intended way to apply it. It dries to a nice semi-matte finish so you don't need to apply powder over it. Unfortunately for me, every time I applied it either with my fingers, or a brush or sponge (I tried several methods) it balled up and left dry flakes of skin on my face almost like an exfoliator. No one else has mentioned this, so maybe it's just my unusual skin type, but nonetheless, it's something I can't tolerate. Also, it tended to pool in my pores and accentuate them. It helped if I blotted with blotting paper. When I finally got an application I was happy with it looked great, but overall it's just too much work. I took it back. I will stick with my Perfection Lumiere by Chanel.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2012 1:45:00 AM More reviews by aamna_601

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate to be a wet blanket and down the ratings on this product but I felt like I should pitch in my $0.02. With all the raves and publicity I just had to stop by my local GA counter and try this out. I was so excited to think maybe I could find my HG foundation that would just evaporate and leave pigment and all that hype and be a better version of my skin etc etc. But alas and alack, this makeup did no such thing for me. It seemed just like an ordinary foundation to me honestly, it sort of sat on my pores, looking ashy with its octinoxate which is apparently a big marketing point for this foundation. On the plus side, it did not make me break out and it does have nice medium to possibly full coverage with just a drop or two from the dropper in the bottle. Also its nice that it doesnt really require these expensive brushes for application (fingers will do just fine) as compared to GA LSF for instance. However, it just didn't look all that nice on my skin. I like the airbrushed/semi natural effect that looks like luminous skin but better and this was just no such thing. Just looked like an ashy coat on top of my skin. I tried 5, 5.5, 6.5 etc. I have been a 5.5 in LSF in the past, but the color to LSF is much more human in my opinion and this foundation is just so grey its horrid. I had to rub it off because it was making me look so ghostly (and ghastly) and I ended up returning to my tried and true YSL powder foundation for a natural yet polished look. This foundation is no cheapo investment so I'd highly recommend trying before buying honestly. As it seems to be working for most people I would recommend trying it out, and granted it didnt break me out or make me oily even though I'm so wary of putting oils on my already oily face; but the bottom line is just that it didn't give a pretty finish. Even the SA couldn't help hesitating before trying to sell me this product. Always a bad sign. Honestly I think the finish of LSF, Nars sheer glow, YSL touche eclat or chanel vitalumiere are all superior to this fndtn. Sighs. Back to the lookout for my HG.

10 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by machrina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update 11/01/13 : i still use it. No breakouts. I love it.
You have to try this! Its amazing. It covers almost everything and feels like you wear nothing. If it doesnt break me out it will be my new favorite foundation. Previously i was wearing vitalumiere aqua. I got this in 5 and in VA i was B20

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

In my LIFETIME I have NEVER used a foundation as perfect as this. It disappears - yes disappears - right into your skin and is imperceptible. Unlike "weak" foundations that aimed to be light but didn't cover anything, this actually gives a medium coverage as well. The shades are lovely too with a yellow undertone SIMILAR to Bobbi Brown but not as obviously yellow, ergo, much more natural. The application is foolproof - just a few drops from the very HYGIENTIC dropper and you are best using your fingertips to apply it. No my caps lock didn't stick it is that I am just so HAPPY to have found the MIRACLE FOUNDATION and you all should know about. It is much more expensive than anything on the market but at $62. what price beauty?!
UPDATE: I was fooled by the immediate action after one application. NIce try Armani but this doesn't cut it. It accents every pore mercilessly and doesn't really cover anything but puts a veil of tint over it even less effectively than a tinted moisturizer. Added to that it is very greasy. Paula Begoun rated it low as well but that was after I purchased it. Check out the review on Beautypedia. It went back to Nordstrums.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

What's so impressive about this stuff is that it's a game changer. Lauder kind of tried it with Invisible Finish, but this stuff is bonkers. The ingredient list is pretty extensive; from the blogs I'd previewed it on you'd think it was made from five of the world's rarest and most precious oils. Maybe, but there's silicone and a lot of stuff. It doesn't bother my skin, so I don't mind, but do read the ingredient list.

Since buying this in #3 maybe a month ago, I have used it daily. I really do love using it as I've developed a ritual with it and it's so easy to use and it looks so good. Shake it briefly, squeeze the top (lid still on), shake again. Four drops total, directly on the face: forehead, cheeks, and nose (which covers nose, upper lip, and chin). I use my fingers to apply. There is a slightly floral/herbaceous-medicinal smell which is unnoticeable after five minutes. If you like Lancome's rather mature scents, you'll love this. My skin looks so even.

Wear: I have combination skin. This requires powder if you get shiny! I still have a decent amount of pigment on my skin at the end of the day, which is surprising as it's absolutely weightless.

Match: I'm quite pale and #3 is a great match for me.

Skin quality: it lends a very natural, airbrushed quality. I cannot wait until L'Oreal makes the drugstore version, because it's quite dear. Obviously, some people really hate this stuff, but it's the best foundation I've tried.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No