October 25, 2014 | 1462 users online

Liquid - Giorgio Armani - Maestro Fusion Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 6:06:00 AM More reviews by machrina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Update 11/01/13 : i still use it. No breakouts. I love it.
You have to try this! Its amazing. It covers almost everything and feels like you wear nothing. If it doesnt break me out it will be my new favorite foundation. Previously i was wearing vitalumiere aqua. I got this in 5 and in VA i was B20

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 3:07:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

In my LIFETIME I have NEVER used a foundation as perfect as this. It disappears - yes disappears - right into your skin and is imperceptible. Unlike "weak" foundations that aimed to be light but didn't cover anything, this actually gives a medium coverage as well. The shades are lovely too with a yellow undertone SIMILAR to Bobbi Brown but not as obviously yellow, ergo, much more natural. The application is foolproof - just a few drops from the very HYGIENTIC dropper and you are best using your fingertips to apply it. No my caps lock didn't stick it is that I am just so HAPPY to have found the MIRACLE FOUNDATION and you all should know about. It is much more expensive than anything on the market but at $62. what price beauty?!
UPDATE: I was fooled by the immediate action after one application. NIce try Armani but this doesn't cut it. It accents every pore mercilessly and doesn't really cover anything but puts a veil of tint over it even less effectively than a tinted moisturizer. Added to that it is very greasy. Paula Begoun rated it low as well but that was after I purchased it. Check out the review on Beautypedia. It went back to Nordstrums.

9 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2012 1:14:00 PM More reviews by VioletOrchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

What's so impressive about this stuff is that it's a game changer. Lauder kind of tried it with Invisible Finish, but this stuff is bonkers. The ingredient list is pretty extensive; from the blogs I'd previewed it on you'd think it was made from five of the world's rarest and most precious oils. Maybe, but there's silicone and a lot of stuff. It doesn't bother my skin, so I don't mind, but do read the ingredient list.

Since buying this in #3 maybe a month ago, I have used it daily. I really do love using it as I've developed a ritual with it and it's so easy to use and it looks so good. Shake it briefly, squeeze the top (lid still on), shake again. Four drops total, directly on the face: forehead, cheeks, and nose (which covers nose, upper lip, and chin). I use my fingers to apply. There is a slightly floral/herbaceous-medicinal smell which is unnoticeable after five minutes. If you like Lancome's rather mature scents, you'll love this. My skin looks so even.

Wear: I have combination skin. This requires powder if you get shiny! I still have a decent amount of pigment on my skin at the end of the day, which is surprising as it's absolutely weightless.

Match: I'm quite pale and #3 is a great match for me.

Skin quality: it lends a very natural, airbrushed quality. I cannot wait until L'Oreal makes the drugstore version, because it's quite dear. Obviously, some people really hate this stuff, but it's the best foundation I've tried.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2012 8:25:00 AM More reviews by dmoyer

Well I wanted to believe the reviews and the website on the wonderful properties of this product. Bought it online and chose color 3 I believe. The color was really light so I couldn't imagine how the lighter colors must look-ghostly I guess. As soon as I dropped it out of that messy dropper I used two drops of this runny foundation applied with fingers. I have slightly sensitive skin and immediately it was red and flaky with no coverage. I tried to let that layer dry and apply a few more drops to see if I could attain any more coverage. Nope just more dry flaky red skin. Well I had already wasted time in the morning and had to head out to work. Fast forward 12 hours later, what a mess. Went by Sephora after work and the SA said (in a nice way) wow your skin needs help its red and flaky. I had used Kat Von D previously-beautiful finish and staying power. I hate to say it but this is a horrible foundation!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 6:29:00 PM More reviews by flybaby

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Final Update:

I do not plan to try again in search of the correct shade. I bought Boots N7 Lifting & Firming foundation on a whim and fell in love! How could I possibly justify spending literally $50 more for Maestro Fusion, when I FINALLY found what seems to be perfection for me. N7 does not have many shades to choose from, which is a downside, but, happily #20 (Blonde) matches me perfectly. I will add a separate review for this product in the appropriate spot.

Update:

This foundation seems to get lighter, rather than darker after its on the skin for a bit. Which, ended up being a problem ,because 5 was already a bit light for me. As another reviewer noted, it gives almost ghostly/grayish cast. Maybe it is the sunscreen, I don't know. But , after a week of using it, but then having to add bronzer, which, for me defeats the purpose of matching your foundation if you end up having to put bronzer over the whole face, I forced myself to drive back out to the mallon a Saturday, which meant it was wall to wall people (ugh)andunbeknownst to me was the day following when the Today show featured it in a segment (Best of the best: Allure's Breakthrough Beauty Awards) The MUA said they'd been slammed ever since Friday morning. Therefore, they had no stock of a shade that came close to what I needed in the Maestro, or even in the Designer Lift. Nordstrom didn't even have testers to try, much less anything to sell me. So.... I gave up. I'll give it a bit in hopes the frenzy will die down, and my local store will once again have stock, and try again.

Although I only used it six days, I can say that I don't care for the packaging. The dropper idea is good, however, keeping in mind that "form should follow function" Armani could have done a better job, The top of the bottle has this flat gasket shaped ring at the top, so the opening is smaller than the actual neck of the bottle, Whether its just a design element for purely aesthetic reasons, or has a purpose I don't know, but, as the foundation still clings to the sides of the dropper, the entire length of it, you have to be accurate pulling it in and out, so that foundation doesn't drip on, and build up on the top of the inside of bottle opening. Hard to describe unless you're looking at it, but it did annoy me.

Bottle design the only real criticism I have so far, as I haven't been successful in finding a shade that matches well enough, and hence didn't really use it long enough to give more of a review than what I previously wrote.

(Original Review)
To preface this review, I went to the Nordstrom counter intent on exchanging my Armani Designer Lift foundation for a different shade. And, as luck would have it, they did not have it in stock. While I waited as she searched for it, a couple of customers came up and were trying the display samples of the Maestro Fusion . I got drawn into the conversation, tried a drop of some on the back of my hand, and was actually relieved when the SA didn't have the shade I was wanting in the Designer Lift variety!

My thoughts so far are that if a person uses as much as they would a regular liquid foundation, it will look awful. It really does need to be applied a drop at a time. It does look gorgeous on, and, it has more coverage than you would think, considering how thin it is.

It states right on the bottle to use fingers to apply. That is a plus, as far as it making one less makeup tool needed.

It is important to realize it needs to be shaken before each use. Those who have not liked it when they tried it may not have shaken it up first. I, of course don't know of that's the case, but it would definitely negatively affect how it looks when applied if not shaken.

I purchased in 5, which seems very similar to 5.5 in the Designer Lift foundation. It is a neutral beige, it does lean a bit pink, but is still quite neutral.

As I just have just started using this, I will make sure to update after wearing it for several weeks.

17 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2012 11:00:00 AM More reviews by kcgray

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This foundation is the best. I goes on very well and is very easy to apply. I use my fingers since it is so light and it settles well. Love the feeling and you can apply more if you want more coverage in areas. Stays on well though out the day. Does not settle into lines and leaves my complexion looking so smooth. I am in my late 50's and have somewhat dry skin in certain areas and combination in other areas and have had no problem with this foundation. Just love Armani foundation's. Great product and will buy again.

19 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2012 5:16:00 PM More reviews by AsianDiva123

This is an absolutely fantastic foundation and NOT a type. The foundation is super smooth. It's easy to apply with just fingers instead of foundation brush. It hides discolorations without being too heavy. It also stays on all day. I strayed away from GA for a while and this product brought me back. My husband was complimenting how great my skin looked when we were out for dinner one night. He asked what I did different to my skin. I said it was the new foundation. I will definitely buy again.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by luisareyna

I hear every girl out there go on about their HG foundation, and until now I've never been able to definitively say that I have an HG. Before investing in this, I read several reviews and was a bit put off with how little coverage people were claiming this had. To my surprise when I tried this on at the counter, the coverage was a perfect medium. It covered up my post acne marks, so I have no idea what everyone is going on about. Anyway, on my dry skin this wears flawlessly throughout the entire work day, and it also finishes to a nice demi matte texture. Also this glides on very smoothly and is easily one of the easiest blending foundations I've ever used. The only thing that turns me off about this foundation is that it clings on to dry patches, but that only happens when I forget to exfoliate 2 times a week. Other than that, this foundation is one of the best I've tried. Definitely sample this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Hayne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Not crazy about it. It looked dry and flakey on my skin. I applied it with fingers and sponge. Just did not work for me. :(

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeautyJunkie

I'm so happy to have this foundation. I've always been the buyer of "lightweight feel, light coverage, just enough to even your skintone" blah blah. I've been looking for a product that would even out my skin tone and make my skin look fresh, but that isn't heavy or detectable.

GA's Maestro Fusion makeup is finally it. It's completely weightless, dries to a satin finish and makes your skin look great. Drier types MIGHT have an issue if they have flaky patches, but aside from that, my normal to dry skin has been marveling at this gem since the day I got it. It truly is something that has never been seen before and is totally changing the face of "like skin" foundations!