MAC Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

4.4

on 9/7/2006 3:17:00 AM

Trusting MAC as the authority of everything makeup, I believed that "MAC Red" would be the perfect, bluish, fire engine red. Unfortunately, when I put it on my lips (I have somewhat pale skin, blue eyes, and blonde hair), it turned a reddish fuschia. Instead of that 40's pin-up girl/Betty Boop red, I got something more along the lines of... Debbie Gibson magenta. Plus, it bleeds! I've had it on for less than ten minutes and the area below my lower lip looks like I just got off the ski mountain, it's so chapped looking. My only hope is to layer this over a brown-based liner or to swap it altogether. ::sigh::

on 9/4/2006 3:54:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

So, I ventured out to the mall today with my 6 MAC empties in a plastic baggy...in search of a nice red, a blue red. Well, blow me down! It was under my nose all this time. I don't know why, but I had overlooked this red lipstick before, or I just didn't give it the lip service (pun intended) that it deserved. Well, this color looks fabulous on me as I need a blue red for my coloring. Nice consistency, doesn't feel thick or gooey and it's matte, so I can keep it matte or put gloss over it for a nice shiny finish. I do believe I've found my perfect red lipstick!

on 8/3/2006 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Beatuiful true (blue) red. Satin texture, not much shine, but not really drying either. Best true (blue) red out there!!!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

well i'm always on the quest for that perfect retro red. i think i have found it. this is an intense bluish-red and has a satin finish. not too shiny, not too matte, doesn't leave your lips wanting moisture, but yet isn't so shiny that it looks like you got in a fight with a vasoline can. pretty marilyn monroe type red, looks great with any outfit and really compliments my pale skin / black hair / green eyes look. perfect and though i know red lipsticks can run, this one actually lasts pretty long after eating a sandwich, soup, whatever, needs a slight touch up, but has staying power, would definitely get again, long lasting product too, worth the $$

on 2/26/2006 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favorite "night out" red! For years I've tried to find the perfect evening red and this is it - the search is over! A beautiful creamy blue-red with a demi-matte finish, perfect for nights out or when you want to flaunt being a girl.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow, what happened? I really thought this lipstick would be awesome, but it isn't near as good as some of the drugstore lipsticks I have bought. The color was fine, but the texture was so slippery. Ew. I wanted so badly to like this. I will use it up, but I would never buy this lipstick again.

on 3/7/2005 4:02:00 AM

This is a beatiful, creamy blue based red that lasts better than most creamy lipsticks. Works fab on my FFF skin and green eyes. A staple of my cosmetics wardrobs and will use it a lot over winter for the 40s look.

on 5/1/2004 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this shade it is the perfect red -- not too blue, not to orange. Just a gorgeous, fire engine red. I love the texture, it's just moist enough to keep your lips from feeling dry, but not so moist that it will feel like it is sliding around your lips.

on 1/8/2004 6:14:00 PM

I am a NW 43 and this red just looks too pink on me. It is, however, an intense if you can wear a red with this undertone.

In general, I like MAC lipsticks better than most brands.

on 11/28/2003 9:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

One of my first red lipsticks and possibly the one that created the monster! A gorgeous true blue-based red, looks beautiful and flattering on me.

Recommended for Medium Skin