September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - MAC Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2006 9:51:00 PM More reviews by Katras

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite "night out" red! For years I've tried to find the perfect evening red and this is it - the search is over! A beautiful creamy blue-red with a demi-matte finish, perfect for nights out or when you want to flaunt being a girl.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

Wow, what happened? I really thought this lipstick would be awesome, but it isn't near as good as some of the drugstore lipsticks I have bought. The color was fine, but the texture was so slippery. Ew. I wanted so badly to like this. I will use it up, but I would never buy this lipstick again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2005 4:02:00 AM More reviews by christinepf

This is a beatiful, creamy blue based red that lasts better than most creamy lipsticks. Works fab on my FFF skin and green eyes. A staple of my cosmetics wardrobs and will use it a lot over winter for the 40s look.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2004 10:59:00 AM More reviews by db8diva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this shade it is the perfect red -- not too blue, not to orange. Just a gorgeous, fire engine red. I love the texture, it's just moist enough to keep your lips from feeling dry, but not so moist that it will feel like it is sliding around your lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2004 6:14:00 PM More reviews by Maliktai

I am a NW 43 and this red just looks too pink on me. It is, however, an intense if you can wear a red with this undertone.

In general, I like MAC lipsticks better than most brands.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2003 9:35:00 PM More reviews by sweetsmell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of my first red lipsticks and possibly the one that created the monster! A gorgeous true blue-based red, looks beautiful and flattering on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2003 10:56:00 AM More reviews by star811

It looks nice in the tube, but when I put it on, it turned bright pink. It's a little too bluish for my taste. My skin looked completely yellow! The texture is wonderful like all MAC lipsticks, but this color was just not me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2003 8:57:00 AM More reviews by kyttikat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm a PPP with dark eyes and dark brown/black hair, so wearing red lipstick is kinda hard for me. Yes, it can look gorgeous and striking, but it's not an everyday kinda thing; it can be a little too dramatic for my easygoing college lifestyle. And I'm still working out what kind of red looks best on me (I think cool reds do..) Anyway, MAC Red makes me forget all these issues. This is a true RED bordering on cool-toned, and I make it a bit more blue-toned with MAC Quartz liner (a berry red). Striking! I've gotten many compliments on this color, which is making me want to branch out into other reds. This one is definitely a classic though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2003 9:34:00 PM More reviews by brianx

This is one of the most perfect blue based reds, although it may show up slightly fuchsia on certain skin tones due to the blue in it. The satin texture is great! Semi-matte, and moisturizing. This lipstick is really long lasting if you blot it down a couple of times and apply another coat over..

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2003 10:05:00 PM More reviews by MsRikki

I'm not one to wear a bright red lipstick. I usually wear plums or bronzes. That said, I love this Red. It makes me feel like partying! LOL!