April 20, 2014 | 1831 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by beckaaayyy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't really say that this is amazing or anything, but it's decent. All of these drugstore BB creams are just tinted moisturizers. I don't know who they think they're fooling. Anyway, it has expected light coverage like a tinted moisturizer and the shade range is OKAY. Whoever created the whole "pigment beads" concept in foundations and such must have just been really bored. Those are in here if you haven't already figured that out. It comes out a sickly grey color and when you rub it in, it becomes the color its supposed to be. It's definitely gimmicky and I wish it would just come out the way its supposed to look. The finish leans toward a satin I guess. Staying power is fine for me as I have normal skin. It was about $8-9. Nothing special here.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by are51

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am somewhat surprised at some of the harsh reviews for this BB cream. I've tried many, many of the drugstore brands, and also Clinique and Smashbox. I returned the Clinique and Smashbox. Both of them melt down into grease piles, and for the cost, that is not acceptable for me.

The others, some of which are Garnier, Maybelline, E.L.F., CG Smoothers, pretty much melt away too, and don't really last long. Some become darker, some fade away to nothing.

Let's face it - BB creams are not meant to be medium to heavy foundations. They're lighter, so if you want coverage, stick with foundation. I'm at the age where foundation does less for me than more, so something lighter like this is good. I'd say the same goes for young skin that doesn't have too many flaws.

What I like most about this BB cream is that it has a primer in it that actually works to blur the uglies, there's enough color to even out skin tone, and the coverage lasts a whole lot longer than all of the others combined. I started out with the color Light, but have now purchased Fair, and I prefer the Fair for my skin. Yes, it dispenses from the tube as a white cream, but morphs into a color.

I don't usually do makeup reviews, but I had to weigh in on this BB cream. I think it's one of the best, if not the best, drug store BB creams, especially since it has a primer in it. I do understand, though, that some might not care for the idea it doesn't have a sunscreen in it, but judging by the amount of products these beauty companies expect us women to use, there's sunscreen in just about everything else.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by SanDiegoAli

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I'm a little sad that this doesn't get better reviews - I absolutely love it!

I've tried several other drug store BB creams and none of them compare to this one. I love how lightweight it is and I find that the color matches me very well. Another plus is that it lasts all day (even on my semi oily skin), which hasn't been the case for many of the other brands I've tried.

When it comes out of the tube it's white, but it changes color once rub it on your skin. I've always applied with my fingers and sometimes blend with a flat top brush. This IS the best summer foundation for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:05:00 PM More reviews by JordynLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I bought this a few weeks ago, really excited for this to be my "go-to summer foundation", this has by far been the worst bb cream I've ever bought. It's supposed to "form to your perfect color" or whatever, when I put this on it gave me absolutely no coverage what so ever! I see it work so perfectly for people on YouTube, the color actually develops, there's some coverage but with me it just covered my face in sparkles. Perhaps I'm applying it incorrectly but this is definitely a garbage product for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by debcho

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought it in fair, the texture to me felt sandpapery on my skin. Not pleasant to put on my face and I didn't see that it provided any coverup at all. Combined with no SPF, I think this is a pretty worthless BB cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:03:00 AM More reviews by mascaraloverforlife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the first BB cream i've tried. it really made my skin look smooth and clear. i have a few acne scars that are still showing (since it's just light coverage) but i let the concealer do its thing. overall, this is a good BB cream especially for oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 4:20:00 PM More reviews by BeautyByKat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the first BB cream I've ever bought and tried, and i'm so happy I did, because I love it! The price is great, the product itself is so light yet gives a good amount of coverage. (I have very minimal acne, so I honestly don't know if this is good for someone with a lot of acne) Anyway, I gave it a 4 out of 5 because the medium is a little too light for my skin color, but it's nothing I can't work with! Deff recommend to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by sizza911

There have been some good reviews on this product, so I'll just add my two cents. I have lots of foundations in my vanity right now and this isn't one of them. I mean that in a good way. I don't wear this for any sort of coverage at all. It took me several tries of this product to figure out what the best purpose for this BB cream is. I like it on days I want a very light, no makeup look. It does give just enough of a tint to even out my tone, and I'll put a light dusting of my Lancome Dual Finish powder over top of it. Surprisingly, it does have pretty good staying powder and I find that I don't get as oily on my T zone when I wear this. I do have to use my fingers to apply this, usually I use a brush for applying foundations. If you use a brush, you won't break the little color beads in the product, you really need the heat and friction from your fingers. I also have had to experiment with how much of this product to use. I feels pretty dry when it goes on and doesn't seem to smooth out easily (another reason to use fingers rather than a brush). My most annoying thing with this product is that it gets stuck in an enlarged pore in my forehead as the white cream it comes out as, so even after I've thoroughly smoothed it out, there is still a white blob lodged in my forhead. Not noticible to anyone else, but I find myself time after time trying to get it worked out right there.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by slinki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this at first. It made my problem skin look pretty smooth, and it held up throughout the day. Most importantly, my skin didn't look like an oily mess at the end of the day, which isn't something I can say for many products (even ones I really love). However, after about a week and half of using this, my skin started to look bad. My skin texture was rough and the tone was uneven, and I felt like I had to use even more product. (Using the bb cream was the only change to my makeup/skincare.) A few days after I stopped using it, my skin returned to a much better texture. It's the color-popping beads or whatever you call them. When I applied the bb cream, it was tearing up my skin! I tried mixing it on the back of my hand and then applying with a brush, but it wouldn't mix on my hand without blending in (therefore making it impossible to pick up with a brush). Perhaps if you have tough skin or need extra exfoliation, then this will work, but it's not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by ahobson

I love this product. I have been on the hunt for a good, inexpensive primer for a while now and was excited when BB creams started to catch on. With this cream I can use it during the day with some light powder and my skin looks great. For date night I throw just a little concealer on top of it just to give an airbrushed look to my face and I literally look flawless. I have tons of acne scarring and a pretty gnarly scar on my forehead from an accident as a toddler and it even helps smooth that out. I buy this by the boat load lol it sells out FAST around here in the lighter shade.