September 2, 2014 | 1546 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by frooks

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, I really liked this BB cream. It was easy to use, color matched my skin (medium, not sure if I should try the darker color in the summer), it covered mild acne scars and I didn't feel as oily after some hours of use. My skin really looked good in pictures!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by elenaalove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Hands down the best foundation I've ever tried! I applied it in stripes on my face and then blended it out, and it even covered my tomato-red sunburnt face. It looks very natural, if you lean in close, it has a powdery look, but it blends very well with the skin. It feels very light, almost like you're not wearing any makeup at all. It could be compared to a very light moisturizer that doesn't leave the skin sticky or oily.

The only bad thing I found about it is that the color doesn't match mine exactly. I have a very fair skin tone, and usually have problems finding foundations that are light enough. So even though I bought the "fair", I had to use a little bit of bronzing powder on my neck for there not to be a clear difference in skin tone.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2013 10:41:00 AM More reviews by luciaq

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have mixed feelings toward this product. On the good side, I really like the texture, which is fast absorbant and smooth on skin, and it offers decent light coverage. I also like the fact that it's more or less waterproof, making it suitable for sports. However the fast absorbancy is impossible to blend, and easily creates uneven color streaks if not applyed to the entire face at the same time (i.e. using fingers to apply is not an option). Also, despite claims that it can change to your skin color to match perfectly, the shade 812 light is quite orange for my asian skin, it gave me an orange face vs. yellow hairline and yellow neck. Thanks to Walmart that I was able to return this... ELF's $3 tinted moisturizer had many problems but is still better than this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I like this product, I just wish it was an actual BB cream. It seems to be more of a tinted cream. I put it on over my moisturizer because it's not quite hydrating enough. It evens out my skin tone and applies very smoothly. I use Fair in the fall/winter. This summer I had to start mixing it with a touch of Light. I like that this line has a few more colors that most other drugstore BB creams. Most are too dark even on the lightest color. It's not perfect but it's the best one I've found so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this BB cream. However, I think L'Oreal should have called this a brightening primer and left it at that. It's simply a load of crap to call this a BB cream. But, once you get past the fact that L'Oreal was trying to be current and jump on the BB cream bandwagon, you might actually forgive them and like this product. With that said, let me tell you what I like about this, and how I feel it is best used.

I originally purchased this in Light. I am light complected and have slight peachy undertones. I found Light to be a bit too dark for my liking. As with most every foundation out there, I seem to fall right in between two shades. So, I picked up the Fair shade. Fair was too light, and really didn't have much of any color to it. I knew the obvious solution was to mix the two shades. Ah, yes...perfection!

This has the oddest texture, as has been mentioned by previous reviewers. But what I do is use the back of my hand to mix the two shades. I really warm it up, and as I do so, just the slightest hint of color starts to emerge from the rough grains. I go heavier on the Fair, and just a little bit of Light. I don't ever use this as my foundation, as I need coverage (redness, slightly uneven skin tone). But as a primer under my powder foundation- big thumbs up! I apply this over my moisturizer/sunscreen, and it gives my normal to dry skin an instant little boost of radiance. It's not dramatic. Just enough so that not only does my powder foundation apply nicely (currently using Laura Geller B&B), but it looks better. I don't think those who tend to have oilier skin would find this very appealing. It does seem to moisturize slightly, although on it's own, would never be enough for my normal-to-dry skin.

The tube packaging is just fine by me. Easy to store, easy to use. Price -wise, it's average for drugstore products these days. I generally buy all of my cosmetics at CVS, as I always have coupons or ExtraRewards dollars to spend. So this wasn't all that expensive, IMO.

Would I repurchase this? Yes, but thankfully the swap board has kept me stocked-up!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the shade fair, got it from Rite Aid for around $11, which seemed kind of pricey for the uber thin tube that you got. The tube says there was 1oz of product in there, but it didn't even seem like the tube was completely full so who knows. I still wanted to give this a chance cause I was looking to try a western bb cream after seeing them finally being made here, I've tried a few korean bb's in the past and loooved the concept. I prefer bb creams over any foundations most of the time. But I was somewhat disappointed in this bb. The cream itself comes out in a white paste with these sort of exfoliating looking beads within, that when you rub and blend into the skin they produce color to match your tone or something. The application was a little rough and not so moisturizing, I found it best to apply just with my fingers as I wasn't sure how a brush would do with the beads. The result is truly a naked skin no makeup kind of look, which can be nice. But unfortunately I have some acne marks and bits of discoloration some days that I mostly like something with a bit more coverage. But for the hot days where you don't want to feel yourself wearing makeup, and you dont have much to conceal, this is a good choice.

The bb cream claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct. The priming part might be true, for worser off skin days I liked to use this as a base under foundation and it seemed to hold up fine. Perfecting, I don't know. It just provided a barely there coverage and correction. I definitely did not find this hydrating, it applies kind of roughly with the beads so I always made sure to use a moisturizer before hand.

Overall, for the same price or a little more, korean bb creams gave me more product and seemed to do more for me. So I don't think I'd be repurchasing. I think this was mostly gimmicky unfortunately lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this! It goes on so smooth, makes my skin look really nice, even without any powder, or concealer. Ideal for those mornings when I'm late and rushing out the door. My skin is oily and I find that this doesn't make my skin look like a greasy mess. Love, love, love this, will for sure repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product. Just as good as expensive BB Creams. Can he worn alone or under foundation. I've worn it alone all summer and my friends are asking me how I keep my foundation on! It makes your skin look that good. I especially like that is light and oil free for my oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by katiexcutiekiss

I love this product! I've never had much for acne but when i was young i always picked my blemishes so i have bad scars and red discoloring. This product not only evened out my skin tone and did a decent job hiding the of blemish i get, but within a week our 2 my skin looked much nicer even without the makeup! It changes choke to match your skin tone and its so light weight and clean feeling it makes you look like you're not wearing makeup.
My only problem with it I'd that my local drug store seeks it for around 15 bucks for just a small 30ml tube...I'm on my 3rd tube already since April!
I would definitely recommend it as an everyday foundation but its not the best concealer/Coverup and its a primer/moisturizer so of you have bad acne it won't cover it up very well at first but it helps correct your blemishes to. Just a few points to be aware of.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by katlove96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't give much coverage. I usually have to use concealer, this, then powder to get decent coverage.