July 22, 2014 | 2073 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

The BB cream texture comes out as white paste with beads. You have to rub the cream into your skin for white paste to change into a flesh color. When I did this I thought to myself ...this must have a lot of chemicals to create this reaction. Right off the bat I was turned off by the "Magic" BB cream. I warmed this up on my wrist and applied it to my nose and cheeks area. It provides very very light coverage. Two hours later I noticed that the BB cream on my orange oxidized to an orange and I checked my reflection and noticed a slight orange tinge to my pale asian skin. Maybe this works for others but not so much for me. If I want light coverage I'll stick with my Cover Girl Smoothers Tinted moisturizer/ now marketed as a BB Cream. It seems that a lot of the tinted moisturizers are attempting to re-brand themselves as a BB cream when essentially are just a TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i bought it again after promising myself i would wait til after i finished what i already had

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Kathsabino

I do not have any acne, but I do have a few areas of hyper pigmentation from past pimples. Since I don't have much to coverup, the coverage is decent, and i used this on weekends. (the coverage is very light, almost like a tinted moisturizer) But I wouldn't pay the $10 for it since it is less hydrating. But not only is it not as hydrating, it makes my skin look extremely greasy. I have combination-oily skin and this was just horrible. Also, if you use too much, it kind of settles in wrinkles and fine lines. I had thought it was just the summer sun getting to my skin, but I used this when I was just at home relaxing, and I didn't break a sweat at all and still looked oily. I only used it a few times within a week before I gave up on it

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:11:00 AM More reviews by WendyTran

I bought this product a month ago, because I wanted to stop using foundation (I was using the Cover Girl 3 in 1 foundation). I usually wear the Loreal primer before wearing anything on.

Pros
-Looks VERY natural
-Feels like you have nothing on
-It matches your skin when you put it on, no struggle with the shade.
-No scent ( I didnt smell anything xD)
-No break out :D

Cons
-i struggle with the packaging because I always have to hold the tube it when I apply it...if not, the product comes out and spills on the table.
-Light coverage... Covers a bit the redness of blemishes and scars, thats all. But I'm ok with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by tulp

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great product for my skin with some wrinkles, it looks natural and still covers. I love it more then the expensive BB cream of Guerlain that gives me a pancake look. For my elder skin better than any foundation I ever bought.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Karenmellcarrillo

It doesn't scream "hey look I'm wearing makeup!" But it has no coverage. I think it's fine because I don't have many problem areas. But for those days I do wake up with a pimple, dryness, or anything, I won't go to this. It isn't as hydrating as I'd like. I received a sample of this and I loved it! But I'm not so crazy about this full size product. At least I got it on sale (kind of. Still too pricey for light-no coverage)

I do like that I don't need a brush! I think this bb cream is confused. It wants to be a moisturizer, it wants to be a foundation but it's not good at either.

With all that said, I don't hate it! I like that I can get soooome coverage and it does not feel like I'm wearing anything. But I wouldn't recamend to anyone looking for a primer, or anyone with problem skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jamie1172008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so I decided that since it is summertime to jump on the BB cream bandwagon. I've used L'Oreal products in the past and was impressed. I chose to buy this particular BB cream .

I'm going to start with what I liked about it:
1) Unlike other BB creams, this one has color-matching technology which means it comes out white but once applied to the face, it perfectly matches your skin tone and undertones. It sure beats buying those that are supposed to be within your skin range and they end up looking unflattering. FYI, I bought the Deep shade.
2) I have oily skin and I heard that after a few hours, it would turn oily skin into a grease ball. I'm happy to say that it didn't happen to me because it controlled my oil. I did take a few precautions by setting it with translucent powder and setting spray. (Better safe than sorry, right?)
and lastly, 3) I also have acne-prone skin and it didn't break me out at all! In fact, none of L'Oreal's face products have ever made me break out.

Now onto what I didn't like:
1) As I mentioned previously, I have oily skin. As I was applying this product to my face, I noticed that it contained sparkles. The biggest struggle people with oily skin have is shine/oil control. So applying a product with sparkles seems counterproductive to me. It would work with someone with dry skin because it would give their face a nice, dewy glow.
2) This product had no coverage whatsoever. None, nada, zero, nothing!!!!!!!!! I know that BB creams in general don't have as much as say foundation, but I was hoping it would deliver just a little for me. Alas, it didn't do it for me. My acne scars still showed through and I had to use concealer on top of it. I was hoping it would at least make them look not as noticeable but you could see them anyway. I think if you don't have as many blemishes as I do, go for it.

In closing, I felt like this product was pointless to use because I still had to use another product to get my skin to look as flawless as possinle So if you have dry skin and/or nearly flawless skin, I say go for it. However, if you have oily skin and don't like sparkles or you have a lot of blemishes to cover, stay as far away from this product as possible!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by martel92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used this bb cream for a while and I really liked it. It makes my skin feel soft and smooth and provides decent coverage. The problem I had was that after a while it started turning me orange sometimes. I thought maybe mine had just gotten old, but when I bought a new tube I had the same problem. Unfortunately this inconsistent pigment meant that I had to shelf this product and find a new one.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by pinkblush88

I don't like this at all...it has zero coverage and I think it's all in everyone's head.. they just want to believe this stuff works...it's basically lotion with a dab of foundation mixed in...what a waste of 12$ this is not for people looking for a flawless dull coverage look!!beware...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Okay, first things first- holy crap, am I late on this BB Cream train? Haha. This is the first BB cream that I've ever owned- I bought it with a discount several months back, and didn't really get a chance to use it until now. My first impression of the L'Oreal Magic Skin Beautifier BB cream was "surprised"; I didn't do my research very well, because I had no idea that this stuff would first come out as white goo and then turns into its intended color, once you start blending it in. Personally, I think that it is a pretty cool technology, but does nothing to benefit the product's performance.
Applying this product was easy; it went on smoothly without problems, and was thin enough to be blended with my fingers only- without leaving streaks. Yet, it also gave me good coverage over my dark marks. In the summer, my skin clears up well, so I can use this BB cream without any concealer or powder on top! The finish here is very dewy, and slightly sparkly- I find it great for a healthy-looking, summer complexion, but if you are looking for something that is matte, then stay away from this product. With primer, the staying power is good, but it is not perfect, and it's not hard to accidentally take some off when you involuntarily touch your face.
As for its "5 Beautifying Actions in 1", I am 50/50 about agree or disagree with their claims. "Primes": Hell no. This stuff can barely hold its own without primer underneath- no way it can act as a primer for other products. "Corrects": Yeah, it does a good job of evening out my skintone. Then again, so does every other foundation. "Hydrates": Honestly, it made my face feel a little bit dry, so no. "Perfects": Depends on your personal definition, but if you have clear skin or very minor imperfections, then it will do that. "Flawless bare skin finish": Yes, it creates a healthy, glowing complexion. Very brightening, if you will.
My biggest problem with this BB cream was the shade choices. I bought the one in "Light"- I am fair-skinned and tan a lot in the summer, but this was so dark that the only time I will be able to use it is in the dead of summer, when I have tanned to the max. However, it did match my skin and undertones nicely, so I can't complain. I don't know if there was a "Fair" shade, I don't really remember, but if there is, that is the one I will buy next time.
The price is good- $10-&$11, I'm sure, and there is an average amount of product in the tube. I am assuming that it will last me a good couple of months.
Overall, I do recommend this BB cream. I haven't tried others, so I can't compare, but I got a pretty good impression from this one. :)