September 30, 2014 | 1299 users online

BB Cream - Garnier - BB Cream Miracle Skin Perfector for Combination to Oily Skin - Light

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 4:19:00 AM More reviews by starnet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very runny and very orangy. But it's surprisingly good for a drug store product. It provides pretty good coverage, like a foundation.
If it hadn't been for mua, I'd never even give it a second thought.
It does not control my oil, but I don't expect it to. But it's not overly shiny like some other BB creams I had tested.
I've had a couple new breakouts, but not sure if it's from this or not yet.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately the Light to Medium shade is way too dark for me, I really can't understand the train of thought behind all these "light to medium" or "medium to dark" color schemes! They are basically shooting themselves in the leg, because they are limiting their own customer base :s

I liked the product itself. Easy to apply, I actually liked the runny texture. And the coverage is pretty awesome, medium that can be built to full.
It didn't control oil for me, but didn't make me much oilier either.
I would have liked to continue wearing it, but of course I won't. The one day I had it on, my coworkers asked me if I had self tanned! They said: "wow you look tanned and glowy"!
Also, my face felt a bit irritated, but I'm not sure if it was this BB cream that caused it.

So yeah...unless they come out with a Fair shade, I will never purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:41:00 PM More reviews by naral3

i have very fair toned skin. I bought this hoping it would cover up with out the foundation cakey look. I was looking for a natural face for work but it seems that every time i put this on my face it makes it look ORANGE. The coverage is good and it does not feel heavy on my face but it would be perfect if it didn't have an orange tint. It looks like i bought a cheapy self tanner and rubbed my face on it. Maybe it was the type of bottle i bought, it was for oily combination skin, which i have.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by Jenniferla32

I'm a simple powder foundation girl, but then I complain about the shadowing around my eyes, and the giant oily pores on my nose! Bought this, and I'm SUPER impressed! Used my regular face lotion, then thought I'd just use this as a concealer around my eyes, since I read that it does well with the dark shadows. Loved the look, so I put it all over. Used a bit of my usual powder foundation (Palladio) over it. This was at 7:30 this morning, and now at 2:30, my makeup still looks fresh! Like I just put it on! No oily nose, and my pores are DEFINITELY smaller. Imperfections look blurred, and my face is completely matte. I still don't need a blotting paper or a powder touch-up, 7 hours later! This stuff is like the ultimate primer! I bet I wouldn't even need the Palladio over this, but old habits die hard, ya know? I paid $10 at Ulta, and the tube is huge and will last awhile. Even if you JUST used this on your nose as a primer, it'd be worth it. I'll totally keep using this!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by alimichelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic drug store product. I have oily skin with large pores and this actually sits really well on my skin and covers imperfections as good as foundation with out the "cloggy feeling". Perfect for every day use. I will continue to repurchase this, although that won't be in a hurry because the small tube is lasting me forever!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 10:08:00 AM More reviews by sdg13

Purchased this in Light-Medium due to the great reviews here. The product is very liquidy but I didn't mind that. It was very easy to spread and apply and the color match was quite good as was the results. My problem with this product is that it made my skin really oily...like it was sucking more oil to the surface. Did not feel comfortable within a few hours. Will toss into trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2013 9:23:00 AM More reviews by IsminiK

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! It's one of the newest additions to my favorites and has successfully replaced the foundation in my make-up routine. It goes on very smoothly and has medium to full coverage. You can certainly build it on your face if you're going through a break-out for instance. I love that it is moisturizing and has an SPF. What I don't quite like is that it is very liquid and that causes it to run a lot. I keep it upside down in it's box to prevent that from happening. Plus,it smells like rubbing alcohol when you apply it and then the smell disappears. But still,it's not that annoying to make me not like the product. As opposed to the original one, this one is not oily or sun-tan lotion-y. It reminds me of a lighter foundation since it's not heavy or runny on my face,even when it's hot outside and typical bb creams tend to melt. Logical price too,since you'll have it for more than 3 months if you use it daily.One lippie less for the inconsistency,but,overall,I recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 5:37:00 PM More reviews by SonnyCat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this 4 or 5 months ago and it has been in my regular rotation ever since. I am skeptical about the "skin care benefits" of bb creams. I did not buy this as a skin care product, I bought it because I wanted light coverage foundation that was easy to work for days when I didn't need or want my usual full coverage. I got it on sale for $15 (regularly $20) and every time I use it, I am surprised how much I like it.

Pros:
- The coverage very good, It takes care of my redness issues
- If I use primer and setting powder this easily lasts through a busy workday (and I have VERY oily skin)
- The light/medium colour works well on my NC 20ish yellow-based skin
- Natural-looking finish
- Easy to apply and blend. I use my fingers or my RT buffing brush. (and since it blends so well, it's easy to touch up if you need before an evening out)

Cons:
- Very runny which I don't mind, since it applies so well but, as others have said, it runs into the cap and becomes a wasteful, leaky mess
- I don't really think it moisturizes or does any of those other wonderful things it's supposed to do for your skin, but I knew that before I bought it.
- It keeps me matte for a while but not all day, but that's fine, nothing does.

This is a lovely product if you have yellow undertones and want something with decent coverage that's not heavy, cakey, or fake. I absolutely plan to buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Michaelasuzannah

Never leave reviews but I felt I needed to with this BB cream. Everything breaks me out and I've not yet come across anything with any type of oil control but this stuff is brilliant. I use it under my EA mineral powder as I like a lot if coverage. As long as its taken off properly I find no break out with it too which is very rare! Packaging is a small inconvenience.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4
Price:3 (~$17 CAD)
Packaging: 2
Buy again: yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in my mid-late 20s. Combo/oily/acne-prone skin, NC25-30, Chinese/olive skintone.

I have purchased BB creams from Asia - I really liked the ones from Skin79, however I found that they are a tad bit too light and too grey for my skintone at the moment. I have also found that they are a bit too greasy for my skin most of the time as well. I haven't found a good North American BB cream to date, but the reviews for the Garnier Oil-free BB cream caught my attention, as well as the oil-controlling, oil-free formula, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I purchased mine at Shoppers Drugmart on sale ($15) and got the light-medium shade.

This product claims to control shine, minimize look of pores, even, hydrate, and brighten skintone with perlite and mineral pigments.

Texture/Packaging:
It's VERY liquidy - so much so that I actually store it upside down, so that the nozzle points up. If I left it standing up with the nozzle down, I'd have a HUGE mess when I opened the lid. -0.5 lippie off for not making a smaller pointed nozzle like the La Roche-Posay Duo packaging. The liquidy texture does make it very easy to blend into my skin, however, and it has practically no weight to it at all.

Coverage/colour match:
I would say this gives light coverage, medium if you pat it on in layers. For me, light coverage is perfect for everyday as it evens out a little redness and uneven skintone here and there without looking like a mask. The colour is pretty good too - it is brightening without looking too pale and I can even use it under/around my eyes in a pinch as a brightening eye concealer. I am more on the NC25 these days, and I find that if I use too much I can appear a bit pale, but after like 30 mins it settles and looks more like my own skintone. If you're between shades and find the other one too dark, you can definitely use this one and layer a little bronzer on top. There's no grey tones in this one - hooray!

Oil-Control/hydration:
I don't know why Garnier promises "hydration" with this product; there's nothing to hydrate with. It's got mostly silicones and alcohol in it, so I definitely wouldn't say this hydrates (and on that note, use a moisturizer prior to using this, otherwise it WILL highlight any dry spots you have). -0.5 lippie for false advertising. Oil-control - I found on the first day it did pretty good for oil-control. I wear this most days now, and I don't think the Oil-control is that spectacular, but the weather has been funny so I'm going to leave it as neutral for now. When I'm at work (I work in a hospital and am always on the run) I don't find myself too shiny, so I think it does alright.

Overall:
I'm pleased with this Garnier BB cream compared with other North American versions, and despite the high price, I would purchase again because it does even out my skintone and looks natural without feeling heavy, greasy, or making me break out.